| Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Malthros Zenobia
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 22:39:00 -
[61]
Originally by: Dark Shikari I'd love my enemy to use a Gist SB. My EM precision missiles do something like 1200 volley damage every 8 seconds.
Odd, with heavy missile precision 3 (soon ot be 4), and 2 t2 bcu, I get 7.27 rof in my ferox. Dunno if you use BCUs or what, but 8 sec rof sounds high for some reason. Get it under 7 seconds, less forum more training!
Ofcourse your damage beats mine because the ferox lacks missile bonuses. I can't wait until tier2 BCs. 8 missile slot BC with damage bonus and ferox resists please. I'll even active tank if I have to.
Originally by: Istvaan Shogaatsu I'm probably one of the biggest Bush fanboys in Eve... This is like, Darth Vader, can't-reach-climax-without-killing-a-puppy evil.
RAWR!11 Sig Hijack!11 - Imaran  |

Phelan Lore
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 22:39:00 -
[62]
The people posting that AF > than cruisers are so right. I am terrified of AF when I fly my rupture and am very vulnerable since I am -10.
Please oh please don't attack me at gates or stations, I'll surely die. ________________ ~Phelan Lore
Your isk has become my isk, by way of my actions... |

Malthros Zenobia
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 22:41:00 -
[63]
Originally by: Marcus Druallis
Originally by: Zeron Zeth Edited by: Zeron Zeth on 22/03/2006 09:57:07 .....and comparing them to destroyers...marcus your must be a uber nub....just look at the bonuses on them.
Compare price tags and necessary skills for your AF and the Dest 
You're going to get better use out of 20mil worth of Harpy than 20mil worth of destroyer imo.
AFs have the damage and tank to survive in countless places that a destroyer would simply get creamed in.
Originally by: Istvaan Shogaatsu I'm probably one of the biggest Bush fanboys in Eve... This is like, Darth Vader, can't-reach-climax-without-killing-a-puppy evil.
RAWR!11 Sig Hijack!11 - Imaran  |

madaluap
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 22:47:00 -
[64]
Edited by: madaluap on 22/03/2006 22:47:40
Originally by: Dark Shikari
Originally by: DeadDuck
Originally by: Halada
Originally by: Alpdruck
Originally by: Halada A Gistii Harpy would own any caracal unless tanking and specifically fitted for it.
Yeah, gistii SBs are great. But is that a feature of the AF ship class? Or is it one set of modules?
Yes it is a module, but a Gistii SB coupled with the resists of an AF will pwn anything, even a Cruiser. Hell, even a crow using t2 rockets could dispose of a caracal if not webbed... all I'm saying is that those people saying AF are useless should think again. Destroyers are NO WHERE near their usefulness.
A Gisty Harpy is a very tough opponent ... IF the pilot knows what is doing ... but anyay I think that a gisty costs about 50m isnt it ??? Fit that kind of equipment in a Assault Frigate is a bit insane ...
65m-70m these days.
I'd love my enemy to use a Gist SB. My EM precision missiles do something like 1200 volley damage every 8 seconds. Assume the harpy has one 37.5% EM amp--thats about 90 damage per second.
The Gist SB tanks about 28 per second.

than suddenly a real ship like a thorax warps in next to you doing about 400 dps..with 3.5 k armor, 2Xenergized adaptive and med rep 2..yarzorr  _________________________________________________
|

ChalSto
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 23:05:00 -
[65]
Originally by: madaluap Edited by: madaluap on 22/03/2006 22:47:40
Originally by: Dark Shikari
Originally by: DeadDuck
Originally by: Halada
Originally by: Alpdruck
Originally by: Halada A Gistii Harpy would own any caracal unless tanking and specifically fitted for it.
Yeah, gistii SBs are great. But is that a feature of the AF ship class? Or is it one set of modules?
Yes it is a module, but a Gistii SB coupled with the resists of an AF will pwn anything, even a Cruiser. Hell, even a crow using t2 rockets could dispose of a caracal if not webbed... all I'm saying is that those people saying AF are useless should think again. Destroyers are NO WHERE near their usefulness.
A Gisty Harpy is a very tough opponent ... IF the pilot knows what is doing ... but anyay I think that a gisty costs about 50m isnt it ??? Fit that kind of equipment in a Assault Frigate is a bit insane ...
65m-70m these days.
I'd love my enemy to use a Gist SB. My EM precision missiles do something like 1200 volley damage every 8 seconds. Assume the harpy has one 37.5% EM amp--thats about 90 damage per second.
The Gist SB tanks about 28 per second.

than suddenly a real ship like a thorax warps in next to you doing about 400 dps..with 3.5 k armor, 2Xenergized adaptive and med rep 2..yarzorr 
Like many posters said -> it all depends on setup/sp/sp of the player. You can easyly win against a cruiser in an af.......you can easyly die to a cruiser in an af. And some ppl in an af know what they are doing and even wtfpwn high-skilled cruiser pilots. And some ppl in a cruiser can 1337wftbbq 3 af¦s at the same time.
And for the guys who say "destroyers can do better and cheaper in some situations" -> Destroyers are PAPER! They tend to vaporise in matter of seconds also their T2 versions.......(if there is any guy who don¦t know -> They are "fleet"-ships.......and absolutly no no no no solopwnmobile).
And a very important information for EVERY af-pilot -> Dont¦attack a plate-rax which got a full dronebay of T2-Drones..........T2-Drones are NOT funny  Current Location: Relax and drinking a beer with Dreez and waiting for TomB¦s Blaster changes |

Grimpak
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 01:26:00 -
[66]
Originally by: ChalSto And a very important information for EVERY af-pilot -> Dont¦attack a plate-rax which got a full dronebay of T2-Drones..........T2-Drones are NOT funny 
I agree on that.
them thingys are scary ----------------
Originally by: Abdalion Shoot him ingame if you don't like this person. If you do like him, go mine veldspar with him.
|

Zysco
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 02:17:00 -
[67]
Edited by: Zysco on 23/03/2006 02:18:44 AFs are great because they always drop t2 loot.
Anyone losing a cruiser to an AF is a nub. AFs do such crap damage that theres no way 1 should be able to break a properly tanked cruiser.
I could pretty easilly spank 3 AFs in a vexor, depending on the AFs. Retributions might be a problem but who flies retributions outside of a big gank squad anyways?
callon > I don't like traveling much, i think its cause my father used to beat me with a globe.
http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=300438New vid: "we're back |

Dark Shikari
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 02:18:00 -
[68]
Edited by: Dark Shikari on 23/03/2006 02:19:13
Originally by: madaluap
than suddenly a real ship like a thorax warps in next to you doing about 400 dps..with 3.5 k armor, 2Xenergized adaptive and med rep 2..yarzorr 
I have yet to lose to a thorax solo.
Ever.

I even fought a plated thorax with heavy electron IIs w/void, EM drones, and about 6000 hardened armor. I still won with about 1/3 shield left.
[23] Member: Official Forum Warrior
What's with the blue robots? Click my sig.
|

Zysco
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 02:44:00 -
[69]
Edited by: Zysco on 23/03/2006 02:44:36
Originally by: Dark Shikari Edited by: Dark Shikari on 23/03/2006 02:19:13
Originally by: madaluap
than suddenly a real ship like a thorax warps in next to you doing about 400 dps..with 3.5 k armor, 2Xenergized adaptive and med rep 2..yarzorr 
I have yet to lose to a thorax solo.
Ever.

I even fought a plated thorax with heavy electron IIs w/void, EM drones, and about 6000 hardened armor. I still won with about 1/3 shield left.
http://ig.eve-fix.com/kb/kill_detail.php?kll_id=25870 800mm plate = 6000 hardened armor?
Caracel is a joke for cruiser v cruiser. A vexor or rupture would spank you 
But yeah, its pretty ridiculous vs frigs, especially when using multiple painters (but then your tank sucks).
callon > I don't like traveling much, i think its cause my father used to beat me with a globe.
http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=300438New vid: "we're back |

madaluap
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 09:09:00 -
[70]
Originally by: Dark Shikari Edited by: Dark Shikari on 23/03/2006 02:19:13
Originally by: madaluap
than suddenly a real ship like a thorax warps in next to you doing about 400 dps..with 3.5 k armor, 2Xenergized adaptive and med rep 2..yarzorr 
I have yet to lose to a thorax solo.
Ever.

I even fought a plated thorax with heavy electron IIs w/void, EM drones, and about 6000 hardened armor. I still won with about 1/3 shield left.
mmh thats pretty impossible....if flown caracal myself and the ship is paperthin. its cap is very small and tanking options limited because it needs to use it medslot for moving/scrambling/tanking.
btw posting stuff like that doesnt work, i soloed a caracal with precision missiles and tech 2 bcu with an ares...just orbit @ 18 k with 4.5 km/s. booom 4.5 dmg.. passive shieldtank ftw . only than i hit the gate and my speed went to about 3 km/s and got like 45X5 dmg, still won though. _________________________________________________
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |