| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Marcus Druallis
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 06:15:00 -
[1]
Assault Frigate. What they hell are they used for. People say that they are good at inti and frigate killing. But aren't destroyers too, for a LOT less money and skills. In gang/fleet battles, what do AF's provide, besides tackling, (Which pretty much anything can do). Can AF's handle themselves against Cruisers? Thanks
|

Tiuwaz
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 06:19:00 -
[2]
AF's are good for pve, for pvp too costly for what they offer
Originally by: Oveur ****! Lets nerf it!
To the nerfmobile!
|

Kel Shek
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 06:33:00 -
[3]
I think the question is more of what are destroyers good for.
from my experience and understanding,... AF's do the destroyer role better, faster, and more effectively. that is... killing frigates and similar small targets.
a AF would(er, should?) be signifigantly stronger defensively than a destroyer as far as taking hits, while being faster-enough to "evade" some as well.
I'm not sure how well AF's hold up in PvP against cruisers, but I'm very sure they hold up ALOT better than destroyers, (back to the faster, and heavier tank)
personally I love my Ishkur, 
~~~~~ To see a World in a Grain of Sand And Heaven in a Wild Flower Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand And Eternity in an hour ~~William Blake |

Darpz
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 07:38:00 -
[4]
I love AFs, my favortie ship to fly
The only good fix is a DEAD fix |

Morkus Rex
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 07:39:00 -
[5]
My favorite ship too  _____________________________________________ Our users will know fear and cover before our software! Ship it! Ship it and let them flee like the dogs they are!
|

TOGAKURE Daisuke
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 08:50:00 -
[6]
AF is one of the best PvE ships... cheap, high resists, fast... I can tank 6M BS spawns with my Retri :D
For PvP, not worth the price.
|

Yaro
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 09:27:00 -
[7]
AF suxx...good caracal pilot will kill any AF anytime
|

Tas Devil
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 09:36:00 -
[8]
Originally by: Yaro AF suxx...good caracal pilot will kill any AF anytime
  care to come to ewok-k and show me this with your uber caracal?  The best Laugh ever ... Credit goes to TheKiller8 for this :) |

Zeron Zeth
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 09:56:00 -
[9]
Edited by: Zeron Zeth on 22/03/2006 09:57:07 WTF !?! assualt frigs are awesome...can down most cruisers in a ishkur and the jag is gonna be pretteh awesome with the new skills.....and comparing them to destroyers...marcus your must be a uber nub....just look at the bonuses on them. Also bs's cant hit them for poo...only reason most people think that af's are average is cus they dont have the balls to test em out properly And yaro, stop talkin out your backside you nub _______________________________________________
|

Testy Mctest
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 10:03:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Tas Devil
Originally by: Yaro AF suxx...good caracal pilot will kill any AF anytime
  care to come to ewok-k and show me this with your uber caracal? 
Although his point is irrelevent since most AFs are raped by cruisers, you're wrong also, since any properly set up Caracal will kill any AF with little to no trouble. Especially with precision missiles.
Same goes for any cruiser, though, really. Come to Syndicate and show me your uber AF that can beat my Rupture *or* my Stabber :)
AFs do some things well. Killing ships bigger than them is not one of them.
Testy's Eve Blog!
|

Celador Nane
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 10:07:00 -
[11]
Personaly, i think AF are pointless, u can fit a cruiser for 1/2 the cost to do its job, and alot better for pvp anyways. For pve ur better off with a HAC/BS.
|

Dorogan Multikill
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 10:11:00 -
[12]
Edited by: Dorogan Multikill on 22/03/2006 10:14:54 Edited by: Dorogan Multikill on 22/03/2006 10:13:40 Edited by: Zeron Zeth on 22/03/2006 10:12:42
you dont know ****zly look heres the proof: 2006.03.15 07:59
Victim: ThaSpot Alliance: None Corp: FM Corp Destroyed: Ferox System: Oijanen Security: 0.4
Involved parties:
Name: Zeron Zeth (laid the final blow) Security: 1.2 Alliance: None Corp: Beyond Divinity Inc Ship: Ishkur Weapon: Valkyrie II
Name: Guristas Anarchist / Guristas
2006.03.16 08:54
Victim: Daynan Alliance: Morsus Mihi Corp: hirr Destroyed: Apocalypse System: Otosela Security: 0.2
Involved parties:
Name: Zeron Zeth (laid the final blow) Security: -0.2 Alliance: None Corp: Beyond Divinity Inc Ship: Ishkur Weapon: Warrior II
Destroyed items:
2006.03.19 17:07
Victim: Jahnweh Alliance: Stella Nova United Corp: Shattered Light Destroyed: Lachesis System: EOA-ZC Security: 0.0
Involved parties:
Name: Zeron Zeth (laid the final blow) Security: -0.2 Alliance: None Corp: Beyond Divinity Inc Ship: Ishkur Weapon: Valkyrie II
Destroyed items:
so dont come here and say that a af cant do anything and is pointless.....ok, if the pilot is very good, your chances are slim, but just by lookin at these posts proves that not to many pilots are that good
any ship can be good, you just have to have the balls to fight properly and stop fillin low slots with wcs and fight to the death
this is zeron zeths alt btw :P
|

Zylatis
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 10:16:00 -
[13]
Quote: AFs do some things well. Killing ships bigger than them is not one of them.
*******s. Ive killed many a cruiser and even BC ALONE in my harpy, and not always sniping. I suggest you dont knock it till uve tried it. its lots of fun :)
*Z loves his harpy*
|

Celador Nane
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 10:17:00 -
[14]
Edited by: Celador Nane on 22/03/2006 10:18:23
Originally by: Dorogan Multikill Edited by: Dorogan Multikill on 22/03/2006 10:13:40 Edited by: Zeron Zeth on 22/03/2006 10:12:42
you dont know ****zly look heres the proof: 2006.03.15 07:59
Victim: ThaSpot Alliance: None Corp: FM Corp Destroyed: Ferox System: Oijanen Security: 0.4
Involved parties:
Name: Zeron Zeth (laid the final blow) Security: 1.2 Alliance: None Corp: Beyond Divinity Inc Ship: Ishkur Weapon: Valkyrie II
Name: Guristas Anarchist / Guristas
2006.03.16 08:54
Victim: Daynan Alliance: Morsus Mihi Corp: hirr Destroyed: Apocalypse System: Otosela Security: 0.2
Involved parties:
Name: Zeron Zeth (laid the final blow) Security: -0.2 Alliance: None Corp: Beyond Divinity Inc Ship: Ishkur Weapon: Warrior II
Destroyed items:
2006.03.19 17:07
Victim: Jahnweh Alliance: Stella Nova United Corp: Shattered Light Destroyed: Lachesis System: EOA-ZC Security: 0.0
Involved parties:
Name: Zeron Zeth (laid the final blow) Security: -0.2 Alliance: None Corp: Beyond Divinity Inc Ship: Ishkur Weapon: Valkyrie II
Destroyed items:
so dont come here and say that a af cant do anything and is pointless.....ok, if the pilot is very good, your chances are slim, but just by lookin at these posts proves that not to many pilots are that good
any ship can be good, you just have to have the balls to fight properly and stop fillin low slots with wcs and fight to the death
So u killed a ferrox while he was npcing 
Ive solod a megathron in a taranis, but it dont meant anything, its situational and he was probly a noob. A decently setup ferrox with good skills would have pwned you.
Also u aint meant to post killmails.
Edit * Also noticed no modules on the deathmails, were they fitted to mine/travel?
|

Zeron Zeth
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 10:20:00 -
[15]
Edited by: Zeron Zeth on 22/03/2006 10:22:28 Edited by: Zeron Zeth on 22/03/2006 10:22:11 im just saying its possible...the only reason it doesnt happen that much is cus most peeps in eve are cowards when it comes to fighting bigger ships. The only reason i posted the kill mails was to prove a point...that af's are useful, destroyers are crap in comparison and that people shouldnt always think the smaller ships are useless. i didnt post the mods cus it would take up more room. the apoc was the only one fitted to mine, the ferox was npcing, the recon ship had agreed to a 1vs1 against me and the rest i dont remember, but they didnt have mining setups on _______________________________________________
|

wierchas noobhunter
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 10:27:00 -
[16]
Originally by: Dorogan Multikill Edited by: Dorogan Multikill on 22/03/2006 10:14:54 Edited by: Dorogan Multikill on 22/03/2006 10:13:40 Edited by: Zeron Zeth on 22/03/2006 10:12:42
you dont know ****zly look heres the proof: 2006.03.15 07:59
Victim: ThaSpot Alliance: None Corp: FM Corp Destroyed: Ferox System: Oijanen Security: 0.4
Involved parties:
Name: Zeron Zeth (laid the final blow) Security: 1.2 Alliance: None Corp: Beyond Divinity Inc Ship: Ishkur Weapon: Valkyrie II
Name: Guristas Anarchist / Guristas
2006.03.16 08:54
Victim: Daynan Alliance: Morsus Mihi Corp: hirr Destroyed: Apocalypse System: Otosela Security: 0.2
Involved parties:
Name: Zeron Zeth (laid the final blow) Security: -0.2 Alliance: None Corp: Beyond Divinity Inc Ship: Ishkur Weapon: Warrior II
Destroyed items:
2006.03.19 17:07
Victim: Jahnweh Alliance: Stella Nova United Corp: Shattered Light Destroyed: Lachesis System: EOA-ZC Security: 0.0
Involved parties:
Name: Zeron Zeth (laid the final blow) Security: -0.2 Alliance: None Corp: Beyond Divinity Inc Ship: Ishkur Weapon: Valkyrie II
Destroyed items:
so dont come here and say that a af cant do anything and is pointless.....ok, if the pilot is very good, your chances are slim, but just by lookin at these posts proves that not to many pilots are that good
any ship can be good, you just have to have the balls to fight properly and stop fillin low slots with wcs and fight to the death
this is zeron zeths alt btw :P
ehm... oki
OMG run for teh hillzzzz cos we can gang any bad setuped ferox !!!
ORLY ?
join BioMass Cartel or die argggg
|

wierchas noobhunter
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 10:30:00 -
[17]
Originally by: Testy Mctest
Originally by: Tas Devil
Originally by: Yaro AF suxx...good caracal pilot will kill any AF anytime
  care to come to ewok-k and show me this with your uber caracal? 
Although his point is irrelevent since most AFs are raped by cruisers, you're wrong also, since any properly set up Caracal will kill any AF with little to no trouble. Especially with precision missiles.
Same goes for any cruiser, though, really. Come to Syndicate and show me your uber AF that can beat my Rupture *or* my Stabber :)
AFs do some things well. Killing ships bigger than them is not one of them.
af is not bad in pvp its fast and agile not bad in gangs but if u wana fight 1x1 with cruiser u will die most times i think af is much better ship for 0.0 rating then solo pvp ship
join BioMass Cartel or die argggg
|

Testy Mctest
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 10:44:00 -
[18]
Originally by: Dorogan Multikill <snip:killmails>
Posting killmails isnt allowed, btw.
Obviously you can kill things in an AF. Its not like they dont have guns or a tank, or anything. But they're not as good at the job as other ships (eg, inties) and therein lies the problem. Also, for many people, they're an expensive ship to lose.
Especially Gistii fitted Harpies :P
Testy's Eve Blog!
|

Louis DelaBlanche
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 11:02:00 -
[19]
personally i want to get an assault frigate when i get the skills for it, though like other ppl have listed it has its limitations as a class. For the price you can get a more all round vessel that would certainly suit an unspecialised pilot more. Its pvp credentials are good, but not great for the price unless ur in a team. Finally, pve means you can do higher lvl missions, but you can do them in other vessels too & as for belt rat hunting, you can take out anything smaller then a bc in a tech one frigate easily enough & with the right skills probably even bigger ships. _______________________________________________ I am what I am & more besides that which makes me me |

Alyth
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 11:06:00 -
[20]
Edited by: Alyth on 22/03/2006 11:07:11
Originally by: Celador Nane
So u killed a ferrox while he was npcing 
Ive solod a megathron in a taranis, but it dont meant anything, its situational and he was probly a noob. A decently setup ferrox with good skills would have pwned you.
Also u aint meant to post killmails.
Edit * Also noticed no modules on the deathmails, were they fitted to mine/travel?
*******s...a ferox does roughly 9 maybe 15 if he uses EM damage per missile to my harpy and will have a hard time hitting it with rails if he's smart and doing any kind of transversal. It has to set up specifically to hunt frigates for it to be effective. Assault frigates eat cruisers alive, especially the Ishkur, which I also fly. Sure you could warp in at 15km in a stabber or rax or whatever. I'll just launch my drones, web you and orbit at 11km (domi webs 4tw) with my afterburner going and use my antimatter loaded rails to pick you to pieces.
|

Dark Shikari
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 11:18:00 -
[21]
Originally by: Tas Devil
Originally by: Yaro AF suxx...good caracal pilot will kill any AF anytime
  care to come to ewok-k and show me this with your uber caracal? 
I think he's probably just copying my setup.
I can confidently take on 3 AFs at once in my Caracal.
Considering I 3 volley them with precisions... they don't last very long 
[23] Member: Official Forum Warrior
What's with the blue robots? Click my sig.
|

SmokeMeAKipper
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 11:19:00 -
[22]
My Wolf v cruisers
I have won many of these fights and only ever lost one - that was to a double Nos running Rupture with a skilled pilot.
AF beats standard cruiser no prob
Smoke me a kipper, skipper; I'll be back for breakfast |

Jon Hawkes
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 11:20:00 -
[23]
My main gripe with Tech II frigates in Eve is that most Interceptors, which are supposed to be tacklers, get insanely high damage bonuses, as well as having the speed and agility to get out of harm's way very quickly if the situation turns nasty.
It's no wonder that, especially in 0.0, the world and his wife flies an Interceptor. When you have the manouverability to pick your fights, together with a flat 50% bonus to certain weapons types as well as further bonuses for the Interceptor skill (Claw, Crow, Taranis), there is very little need for slower Assault Frigates. This would also seem to explain why Interceptors like the Raptor, Ares and the Stiletto are less popular.
Personally, I'd love to see Interceptors losing their massive damage bonuses and get bonuses for webifier and warp scrambler range, thus leaving AFs, which are supposed to be "powerful frigates built for all-out combat" to follow in to do the real damage.
|

Lucus Ranger
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 11:20:00 -
[24]
*Lucus hugs his AF* 
They are great for hit & run tactics and can hold their own effectivly enough. Although I don't usually engage the higher tier cruisers in one... It can get a bit messy... sometimes...
|

Lucus Ranger
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 11:21:00 -
[25]
Originally by: Dark Shikari
Originally by: Tas Devil
Originally by: Yaro AF suxx...good caracal pilot will kill any AF anytime
  care to come to ewok-k and show me this with your uber caracal? 
I think he's probably just copying my setup.
I can confidently take on 3 AFs at once in my Caracal.
Considering I 3 volley them with precisions... they don't last very long 
Hmmm 
|

Dark Shikari
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 11:23:00 -
[26]
Edited by: Dark Shikari on 22/03/2006 11:23:43 bah double post
[23] Member: Official Forum Warrior
What's with the blue robots? Click my sig.
|

Dark Shikari
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 11:24:00 -
[27]
Originally by: Lucus Ranger
Originally by: Dark Shikari
Originally by: Tas Devil
Originally by: Yaro AF suxx...good caracal pilot will kill any AF anytime
  care to come to ewok-k and show me this with your uber caracal? 
I think he's probably just copying my setup.
I can confidently take on 3 AFs at once in my Caracal.
Considering I 3 volley them with precisions... they don't last very long 
Hmmm 
/me checks killboard
/me finds Lucus Ranger on my recent kills list with an Enyo.

[23] Member: Official Forum Warrior
What's with the blue robots? Click my sig.
|

Lucus Ranger
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 11:26:00 -
[28]
Originally by: Dark Shikari
Originally by: Lucus Ranger
Originally by: Dark Shikari
Originally by: Tas Devil
Originally by: Yaro AF suxx...good caracal pilot will kill any AF anytime
  care to come to ewok-k and show me this with your uber caracal? 
I think he's probably just copying my setup.
I can confidently take on 3 AFs at once in my Caracal.
Considering I 3 volley them with precisions... they don't last very long 
Hmmm 
/me checks killboard
/me finds Lucus Ranger on my recent kills list with an Enyo.

Just lucky I didn't have an exp hardener and blasters 
|

wierchas noobhunter
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 11:28:00 -
[29]
yo lucus 
join BioMass Cartel or die argggg
|

Ras Blumin
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 11:30:00 -
[30]
Edited by: Ras Blumin on 22/03/2006 11:32:31
Originally by: Alyth Sure you could warp in at 15km in a stabber or rax or whatever. I'll just launch my drones, web you and orbit at 11km (domi webs 4tw) with my afterburner going and use my antimatter loaded rails to pick you to pieces.
But then you get webbed by MY domi web, get nossed by 2 medium nos and die horribly.
btw, saying you can pwn using faction mods is kinda stupid.
A dirty job - Released 2006.01.02 |

Lucus Ranger
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 11:37:00 -
[31]
Edited by: Lucus Ranger on 22/03/2006 11:41:45
Originally by: wierchas noobhunter yo lucus 
lo 
Oh and in response to the post about Interceptors:
I think the races should have 1 damage ceptor and 1 tackler ceptor. Example would be: Crow keeps current bonus's while Raptor gains bonus to warp scrambling strength or range, etc.
|

Dark Shikari
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 11:38:00 -
[32]
Originally by: Lucus Ranger
Just lucky I didn't have an exp hardener and blasters 
You're actually quite lucky. I attacked you before I had finalized my setup--I was still using Assaults .
You would have had quite some fun with my heavy IIs and precisions that I'm using now .
Precisions overpowered? **** yes and I like 'em 
[23] Member: Official Forum Warrior
What's with the blue robots? Click my sig.
|

Lucus Ranger
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 11:45:00 -
[33]
Originally by: Dark Shikari
You're actually quite lucky. I attacked you before I had finalized my setup--I was still using Assaults .
You would have had quite some fun with my heavy IIs and precisions that I'm using now .
Precisions overpowered? **** yes and I like 'em 
ehehehe Really need to train those...
|

Kla'strit
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 11:48:00 -
[34]
destroyers and af are chalk and cheese, destroyers are the cheese cos you can eat them
|

Dark Eulogy
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 11:51:00 -
[35]
I am using my Wolf as a stepping platform from AF to HAC. I am also using it to rat while I make that step. I doubt I will PvP in it because I am too poor.
|

Halada
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 12:05:00 -
[36]
Am I a total retard for saying AF are totally underestimated ? You have no ideas what a group of AF can do ... sure, they are not as fast as a ceptor, but they've got awesome resists and nasty, nasty damage output.
If you go in your ennemy's territory and you come across a mining party for expanble, they'll be all dead before their response team is there and you'll be long gone. Destroyers cannot do that.
Anyone?
My ''All you want to know about mining'' Guide |

Grimpak
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 12:05:00 -
[37]
AF's are no solo pvp ships. They shine in gangs tho.
----------------
Originally by: Abdalion Shoot him ingame if you don't like this person. If you do like him, go mine veldspar with him.
|

ROJADEF
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 12:28:00 -
[38]
Originally by: Halada Am I a total retard for saying AF are totally underestimated ? You have no ideas what a group of AF can do ... sure, they are not as fast as a ceptor, but they've got awesome resists and nasty, nasty damage output.
If you go in your ennemy's territory and you come across a mining party for expanble, they'll be all dead before their response team is there and you'll be long gone. Destroyers cannot do that.
Anyone?
Not at all. My chosen AF is by far my favorite ship. If you take the time to specialize in all the skills necessary to suit your chosen AF, you'll find it makes a formidible opponent. Crazy tank that you can run all day, fast and manueverable. Cruiser-like damage. But, just like any ship, someone always has a gank for your fitting. BTW, I've lost more inties than AFs
|

Halada
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 12:51:00 -
[39]
Edited by: Halada on 22/03/2006 12:52:19 Yesterday we had a crow group in our space... I was in a caracal fitted w/ 2 sensor boosters, 5 heavies, 1x webber 1xscrambler, your typical ceptor killer.
However, I never could lock fast enought, even with 2 sensor boosters. Furthermore, a Caracal is way too slow for them. They enter warp and then are 3 jumps further before you even warped to 1st gate (ok, a bit of exageration there, but you get the point). I have 3x Hawks waiting for me in my hangar, I'm sure they'll come in handy 
My ''All you want to know about mining'' Guide |

DeadDuck
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 12:55:00 -
[40]
What I love in the intys and af's is that usually their pilots think thay can pwn a cruiser in a 1vs1   
|

MrFu
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 12:56:00 -
[41]
Well vamp-ishkur is great for anti-tackler/light support duty,not that great against anything bigger tho.Pretty fun as well.(sort of a mini dominix).I fly mine this way because it fills that role nicely,and has a good tank. --------- Ninja1= Pirate tactics are to board our ships,kill everyone onboard and steal our treasures Ninja2= But...we dont have any ships Ninja1= Yes,that gives us a significant advantage
|

Halada
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 13:01:00 -
[42]
Originally by: DeadDuck What I love in the intys and af's is that usually their pilots think thay can pwn a cruiser in a 1vs1   
An Inty vs a cruiser not properly fitted for Inty will die, and to an AF also most probably without a doubt. Have you seen the resists? A Gistii Harpy would own any caracal unless tanking and specifically fitted for it.
My ''All you want to know about mining'' Guide |

Iron Wraith
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 13:04:00 -
[43]
My First PvP:
Small skirmish by a gate, about 5 a side. I had my enyo and was asigned to anti frig duty. The hostiles jumped in and a taranis appeared next to me. I locked and webbed and pulled the trigger. Several seconds and 3 volleys later I was glowing with my first kill 
Great toys for getting into pvp with. much more hardy than a frig but just as easy to throw about. Not too much of a bank breaker either and worth it for the fun.
I also formed a 2 man gate camp with a ceptor in an empire war. we were up against t1 frigs and crusers and managed to hold the line as our fleet moved down from 0.0. in the end we got 9 kills and they gave up throwing them selves at us long before the fleet arrived hehe, my enyo suffered cap death when they threw 1 frig and 2 cruisers at us. after swatting the frig and killing the 1st cruiser (who still hadnt worked out he was using the wrong missiles) i had to mwd to the 2nd cruiser and that just about did my cap in as i'd been tanking for a while. managed to kill the 2nd cruiser by turning the tank off to run the guns and out damaged him while using my resisted armour to soak the pain 
So while AF's might not be the perfect ship if you have the choice they are great fun to fly and more than capable of making a difference in the right circumstances. Just dont kamakazi a HAC when your rigged for pure damage and no tank 
Because sometimes you just have to go back to your roots: [2005.02.20 01:08:03] (combat) Your Civilian Light Electron Blaster perfectly strikes Serpentis Smuggler, wrecking for 20.3 damage. |

DeadDuck
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 13:06:00 -
[44]
Originally by: Halada
Originally by: DeadDuck What I love in the intys and af's is that usually their pilots think thay can pwn a cruiser in a 1vs1   
An Inty vs a cruiser not properly fitted for Inty will die, and to an AF also most probably without a doubt. Have you seen the resists? A Gistii Harpy would own any caracal unless tanking and specifically fitted for it.
Yep you are right ... but I use small weapons in my cruisers .. in then end they are awesome to kill intys/af's and other cruisers 
|

Alpdruck
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 13:12:00 -
[45]
Originally by: Halada A Gistii Harpy would own any caracal unless tanking and specifically fitted for it.
Yeah, gistii SBs are great. But is that a feature of the AF ship class? Or is it one set of modules?
|

Halada
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 13:16:00 -
[46]
Originally by: Alpdruck
Originally by: Halada A Gistii Harpy would own any caracal unless tanking and specifically fitted for it.
Yeah, gistii SBs are great. But is that a feature of the AF ship class? Or is it one set of modules?
Yes it is a module, but a Gistii SB coupled with the resists of an AF will pwn anything, even a Cruiser. Hell, even a crow using t2 rockets could dispose of a caracal if not webbed... all I'm saying is that those people saying AF are useless should think again. Destroyers are NO WHERE near their usefulness.
My ''All you want to know about mining'' Guide |

Dark Shikari
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 13:16:00 -
[47]
Originally by: Halada
Originally by: DeadDuck What I love in the intys and af's is that usually their pilots think thay can pwn a cruiser in a 1vs1   
An Inty vs a cruiser not properly fitted for Inty will die, and to an AF also most probably without a doubt. Have you seen the resists? A Gistii Harpy would own any caracal unless tanking and specifically fitted for it.
Please attack my Caracal with a Gistii harpy.
Please.

In fact, better yet, fill your entire cargo with them too. You're sure to win 
[23] Member: Official Forum Warrior
What's with the blue robots? Click my sig.
|

Jin Entres
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 13:31:00 -
[48]
Edited by: Jin Entres on 22/03/2006 13:31:31 I really like Assault Frigs, but their poor agility and velocity bug me.
|

Andril
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 14:34:00 -
[49]
The thing is while some af's can beat some cruisers, some cruisers can beat some af's. Lots of it comes down to the setup, and players skills. AF's realy do shine at takeing out other frigs very well, in large fleets for example, having a few protect your bs group from interceptors and such.
AF's are very much like a cruiser that's a bit faster, with better resists, but can only fit small mods. Which is why in 1on1 vs a cruiser its difficult to predict who would win unless your talking about setup vs setup. With that said, the only cruiser I can think of that will more than likely beat any af is a caracal with tech II launchers. But other than that its anyones guess.
|

DeadDuck
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 14:44:00 -
[50]
Originally by: Halada
Originally by: Alpdruck
Originally by: Halada A Gistii Harpy would own any caracal unless tanking and specifically fitted for it.
Yeah, gistii SBs are great. But is that a feature of the AF ship class? Or is it one set of modules?
Yes it is a module, but a Gistii SB coupled with the resists of an AF will pwn anything, even a Cruiser. Hell, even a crow using t2 rockets could dispose of a caracal if not webbed... all I'm saying is that those people saying AF are useless should think again. Destroyers are NO WHERE near their usefulness.
A Gisty Harpy is a very tough opponent ... IF the pilot knows what is doing ... but anyay I think that a gisty costs about 50m isnt it ??? Fit that kind of equipment in a Assault Frigate is a bit insane ...
|

Barak Torginn
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 16:18:00 -
[51]
Originally by: DeadDuck
A Gisty Harpy is a very tough opponent ... IF the pilot knows what is doing ... but anyay I think that a gisty costs about 50m isnt it ??? Fit that kind of equipment in a Assault Frigate is a bit insane ...
My rule of thumb is never fit a component on a ship that costs more than the ship. If you're a mission runner in empire, hey go for it. But in 0.0, hell no.
Just sold my 2 harpys yesterday. Great firepower, but the damn things just don't move. Too slow, too sluggish. Rather fly a Thorax and get insurance when I get blown up.
|

Jon Hawkes
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 16:34:00 -
[52]
Originally by: Barak Torginn My rule of thumb is never fit a component on a ship that costs more than the ship. If you're a mission runner in empire, hey go for it. But in 0.0, hell no.
What if you use disposable Tech 1 Frigs for cheap PvP thrills? Most modules cost more than those ships in 0.0!
|

Kular
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 17:18:00 -
[53]
I fly a Retribution, mainly for PVE simply because it can tank any ammount of cruisers or battleships indefinitly. Ships it cannot tank, destroyers frigs that web.. it can kill quickly.
For PVE AF's are king imo.
As for PvP, yes they are usful, stronger tacklers, deadly in gangs, more agil and faster to deploy than HACS or BS, but not as fragile as an interceptor..
There are always counters to them of course and they are not as strong against BS in PvP as they are against NPC BS, but they can still take a helluva beating! For God, Empire, and Sarum! |

Dark Shikari
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 17:27:00 -
[54]
Originally by: DeadDuck
Originally by: Halada
Originally by: Alpdruck
Originally by: Halada A Gistii Harpy would own any caracal unless tanking and specifically fitted for it.
Yeah, gistii SBs are great. But is that a feature of the AF ship class? Or is it one set of modules?
Yes it is a module, but a Gistii SB coupled with the resists of an AF will pwn anything, even a Cruiser. Hell, even a crow using t2 rockets could dispose of a caracal if not webbed... all I'm saying is that those people saying AF are useless should think again. Destroyers are NO WHERE near their usefulness.
A Gisty Harpy is a very tough opponent ... IF the pilot knows what is doing ... but anyay I think that a gisty costs about 50m isnt it ??? Fit that kind of equipment in a Assault Frigate is a bit insane ...
65m-70m these days.
I'd love my enemy to use a Gist SB. My EM precision missiles do something like 1200 volley damage every 8 seconds. Assume the harpy has one 37.5% EM amp--thats about 90 damage per second.
The Gist SB tanks about 28 per second.

[23] Member: Official Forum Warrior
What's with the blue robots? Click my sig.
|

Trac3rt
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 17:28:00 -
[55]
I love my Retribution.
When the test server was stress testing the new hardware, I was able to take a Moa into structure before it got out of range (webbed me and I only had Multifreqs), I was then able to indefinately tank it and a Wolf. Eventually an Apoc warped in, and I managed tank long enough to wait off the aggression timer and dock with 63 struct left.
I use it for PvP ratting, which is fun, if a little slow against rats that tank EM.
I also recently started taking it out on PvP missions, and to all those people who say that inties are better, it isn't me who end up running from them.
___
|

Grimpak
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 17:45:00 -
[56]
Originally by: Jin Entres Edited by: Jin Entres on 22/03/2006 13:31:31 I really like Assault Frigs, but their poor agility and velocity bug me.
actually, I would say that it's more the agility. Making them speedy would make the intys rather obsolete.
Still, my point stands. IMHO while intys are good for every pvp situation (solo or gang), nothing beats the AF in gang warfare, simply because they can take much more punishment than the intys. And that's very important when you make deep incursions in enemy territory. ----------------
Originally by: Abdalion Shoot him ingame if you don't like this person. If you do like him, go mine veldspar with him.
|

Halada
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 18:06:00 -
[57]
Originally by: Dark Shikari
65m-70m these days.
I'd love my enemy to use a Gist SB. My EM precision missiles do something like 1200 volley damage every 8 seconds. Assume the harpy has one 37.5% EM amp--thats about 90 damage per second.
The Gist SB tanks about 28 per second.

The Gistii tanks 39 per second with proper amp, and if you're using precision missiles then you're using a very anti-frig/ceptor/af setup. In any case you wouldn't kill me since I'd run. Certainly a pilot setup for frigs can kill any, that's just good sense
My ''All you want to know about mining'' Guide |

Marcus Druallis
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 20:47:00 -
[58]
Originally by: Zeron Zeth Edited by: Zeron Zeth on 22/03/2006 09:57:07 .....and comparing them to destroyers...marcus your must be a uber nub....just look at the bonuses on them.
Compare price tags and necessary skills for your AF and the Dest 
|

DeadRow
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 20:50:00 -
[59]
Originally by: Grimpak AF's are no solo pvp ships. They shine in gangs tho.
QFT
Originally by: Eris Discordia TAKE COVER, HIDE YOUR SIGNATURE
|

Malthros Zenobia
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 22:29:00 -
[60]
Originally by: Dark Shikari
Originally by: Tas Devil
Originally by: Yaro AF suxx...good caracal pilot will kill any AF anytime
  care to come to ewok-k and show me this with your uber caracal? 
I think he's probably just copying my setup.
I can confidently take on 3 AFs at once in my Caracal.
Considering I 3 volley them with precisions... they don't last very long 
And once they fix t2 ammo, you probably will find yourself having alittle harder of a time doing that, but who knows.
Originally by: Istvaan Shogaatsu I'm probably one of the biggest Bush fanboys in Eve... This is like, Darth Vader, can't-reach-climax-without-killing-a-puppy evil.
RAWR!11 Sig Hijack!11 - Imaran  |

Malthros Zenobia
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 22:39:00 -
[61]
Originally by: Dark Shikari I'd love my enemy to use a Gist SB. My EM precision missiles do something like 1200 volley damage every 8 seconds.
Odd, with heavy missile precision 3 (soon ot be 4), and 2 t2 bcu, I get 7.27 rof in my ferox. Dunno if you use BCUs or what, but 8 sec rof sounds high for some reason. Get it under 7 seconds, less forum more training!
Ofcourse your damage beats mine because the ferox lacks missile bonuses. I can't wait until tier2 BCs. 8 missile slot BC with damage bonus and ferox resists please. I'll even active tank if I have to.
Originally by: Istvaan Shogaatsu I'm probably one of the biggest Bush fanboys in Eve... This is like, Darth Vader, can't-reach-climax-without-killing-a-puppy evil.
RAWR!11 Sig Hijack!11 - Imaran  |

Phelan Lore
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 22:39:00 -
[62]
The people posting that AF > than cruisers are so right. I am terrified of AF when I fly my rupture and am very vulnerable since I am -10.
Please oh please don't attack me at gates or stations, I'll surely die. ________________ ~Phelan Lore
Your isk has become my isk, by way of my actions... |

Malthros Zenobia
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 22:41:00 -
[63]
Originally by: Marcus Druallis
Originally by: Zeron Zeth Edited by: Zeron Zeth on 22/03/2006 09:57:07 .....and comparing them to destroyers...marcus your must be a uber nub....just look at the bonuses on them.
Compare price tags and necessary skills for your AF and the Dest 
You're going to get better use out of 20mil worth of Harpy than 20mil worth of destroyer imo.
AFs have the damage and tank to survive in countless places that a destroyer would simply get creamed in.
Originally by: Istvaan Shogaatsu I'm probably one of the biggest Bush fanboys in Eve... This is like, Darth Vader, can't-reach-climax-without-killing-a-puppy evil.
RAWR!11 Sig Hijack!11 - Imaran  |

madaluap
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 22:47:00 -
[64]
Edited by: madaluap on 22/03/2006 22:47:40
Originally by: Dark Shikari
Originally by: DeadDuck
Originally by: Halada
Originally by: Alpdruck
Originally by: Halada A Gistii Harpy would own any caracal unless tanking and specifically fitted for it.
Yeah, gistii SBs are great. But is that a feature of the AF ship class? Or is it one set of modules?
Yes it is a module, but a Gistii SB coupled with the resists of an AF will pwn anything, even a Cruiser. Hell, even a crow using t2 rockets could dispose of a caracal if not webbed... all I'm saying is that those people saying AF are useless should think again. Destroyers are NO WHERE near their usefulness.
A Gisty Harpy is a very tough opponent ... IF the pilot knows what is doing ... but anyay I think that a gisty costs about 50m isnt it ??? Fit that kind of equipment in a Assault Frigate is a bit insane ...
65m-70m these days.
I'd love my enemy to use a Gist SB. My EM precision missiles do something like 1200 volley damage every 8 seconds. Assume the harpy has one 37.5% EM amp--thats about 90 damage per second.
The Gist SB tanks about 28 per second.

than suddenly a real ship like a thorax warps in next to you doing about 400 dps..with 3.5 k armor, 2Xenergized adaptive and med rep 2..yarzorr  _________________________________________________
|

ChalSto
|
Posted - 2006.03.22 23:05:00 -
[65]
Originally by: madaluap Edited by: madaluap on 22/03/2006 22:47:40
Originally by: Dark Shikari
Originally by: DeadDuck
Originally by: Halada
Originally by: Alpdruck
Originally by: Halada A Gistii Harpy would own any caracal unless tanking and specifically fitted for it.
Yeah, gistii SBs are great. But is that a feature of the AF ship class? Or is it one set of modules?
Yes it is a module, but a Gistii SB coupled with the resists of an AF will pwn anything, even a Cruiser. Hell, even a crow using t2 rockets could dispose of a caracal if not webbed... all I'm saying is that those people saying AF are useless should think again. Destroyers are NO WHERE near their usefulness.
A Gisty Harpy is a very tough opponent ... IF the pilot knows what is doing ... but anyay I think that a gisty costs about 50m isnt it ??? Fit that kind of equipment in a Assault Frigate is a bit insane ...
65m-70m these days.
I'd love my enemy to use a Gist SB. My EM precision missiles do something like 1200 volley damage every 8 seconds. Assume the harpy has one 37.5% EM amp--thats about 90 damage per second.
The Gist SB tanks about 28 per second.

than suddenly a real ship like a thorax warps in next to you doing about 400 dps..with 3.5 k armor, 2Xenergized adaptive and med rep 2..yarzorr 
Like many posters said -> it all depends on setup/sp/sp of the player. You can easyly win against a cruiser in an af.......you can easyly die to a cruiser in an af. And some ppl in an af know what they are doing and even wtfpwn high-skilled cruiser pilots. And some ppl in a cruiser can 1337wftbbq 3 af¦s at the same time.
And for the guys who say "destroyers can do better and cheaper in some situations" -> Destroyers are PAPER! They tend to vaporise in matter of seconds also their T2 versions.......(if there is any guy who don¦t know -> They are "fleet"-ships.......and absolutly no no no no solopwnmobile).
And a very important information for EVERY af-pilot -> Dont¦attack a plate-rax which got a full dronebay of T2-Drones..........T2-Drones are NOT funny  Current Location: Relax and drinking a beer with Dreez and waiting for TomB¦s Blaster changes |

Grimpak
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 01:26:00 -
[66]
Originally by: ChalSto And a very important information for EVERY af-pilot -> Dont¦attack a plate-rax which got a full dronebay of T2-Drones..........T2-Drones are NOT funny 
I agree on that.
them thingys are scary ----------------
Originally by: Abdalion Shoot him ingame if you don't like this person. If you do like him, go mine veldspar with him.
|

Zysco
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 02:17:00 -
[67]
Edited by: Zysco on 23/03/2006 02:18:44 AFs are great because they always drop t2 loot.
Anyone losing a cruiser to an AF is a nub. AFs do such crap damage that theres no way 1 should be able to break a properly tanked cruiser.
I could pretty easilly spank 3 AFs in a vexor, depending on the AFs. Retributions might be a problem but who flies retributions outside of a big gank squad anyways?
callon > I don't like traveling much, i think its cause my father used to beat me with a globe.
http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=300438New vid: "we're back |

Dark Shikari
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 02:18:00 -
[68]
Edited by: Dark Shikari on 23/03/2006 02:19:13
Originally by: madaluap
than suddenly a real ship like a thorax warps in next to you doing about 400 dps..with 3.5 k armor, 2Xenergized adaptive and med rep 2..yarzorr 
I have yet to lose to a thorax solo.
Ever.

I even fought a plated thorax with heavy electron IIs w/void, EM drones, and about 6000 hardened armor. I still won with about 1/3 shield left.
[23] Member: Official Forum Warrior
What's with the blue robots? Click my sig.
|

Zysco
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 02:44:00 -
[69]
Edited by: Zysco on 23/03/2006 02:44:36
Originally by: Dark Shikari Edited by: Dark Shikari on 23/03/2006 02:19:13
Originally by: madaluap
than suddenly a real ship like a thorax warps in next to you doing about 400 dps..with 3.5 k armor, 2Xenergized adaptive and med rep 2..yarzorr 
I have yet to lose to a thorax solo.
Ever.

I even fought a plated thorax with heavy electron IIs w/void, EM drones, and about 6000 hardened armor. I still won with about 1/3 shield left.
http://ig.eve-fix.com/kb/kill_detail.php?kll_id=25870 800mm plate = 6000 hardened armor?
Caracel is a joke for cruiser v cruiser. A vexor or rupture would spank you 
But yeah, its pretty ridiculous vs frigs, especially when using multiple painters (but then your tank sucks).
callon > I don't like traveling much, i think its cause my father used to beat me with a globe.
http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=300438New vid: "we're back |

madaluap
|
Posted - 2006.03.23 09:09:00 -
[70]
Originally by: Dark Shikari Edited by: Dark Shikari on 23/03/2006 02:19:13
Originally by: madaluap
than suddenly a real ship like a thorax warps in next to you doing about 400 dps..with 3.5 k armor, 2Xenergized adaptive and med rep 2..yarzorr 
I have yet to lose to a thorax solo.
Ever.

I even fought a plated thorax with heavy electron IIs w/void, EM drones, and about 6000 hardened armor. I still won with about 1/3 shield left.
mmh thats pretty impossible....if flown caracal myself and the ship is paperthin. its cap is very small and tanking options limited because it needs to use it medslot for moving/scrambling/tanking.
btw posting stuff like that doesnt work, i soloed a caracal with precision missiles and tech 2 bcu with an ares...just orbit @ 18 k with 4.5 km/s. booom 4.5 dmg.. passive shieldtank ftw . only than i hit the gate and my speed went to about 3 km/s and got like 45X5 dmg, still won though. _________________________________________________
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |