| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 7 post(s) |

Daifuku Bidermaier
Royal Amarr Institute Amarr Empire
0
|
Posted - 2014.02.17 00:37:00 -
[1] - Quote
So it happens that my gf is french, and after two years being with her and her friends, and going to France... i kinda feel like I really want to learn french. Of course my gf does understand gaming, I tell her the truth, this is like facebook but instead of being offensive with words we are offensive with turrets. Anyway she does not like when I play eve.
So... what if I joing a french corp so i can practice my french? is it a dumb idea? I woudnt like to make people feel inconfortable with my lack of communication skills, on the other hand it sounds interesting. |

Felicity Love
Whore and Peace Forsaken Asylum
1523
|
Posted - 2014.02.17 00:43:00 -
[2] - Quote
... posting in a "grrrrrrrrrr, my girlfriend doesn't like EVE" thread...
... and I was just saying the other day, "Damn, I miss Soundwave"....
|

Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari End of Life
258
|
Posted - 2014.02.17 00:50:00 -
[3] - Quote
Daifuku Bidermaier wrote:is it a dumb idea? I woudnt like to make people feel inconfortable with my lack of communication skills, on the other hand it sounds interesting.
Not a dumb idea at all and I wouldn't worry about them feeling uncomfortable. It'll be the other way around.
|

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University Minmatar Republic
278
|
Posted - 2014.02.17 02:36:00 -
[4] - Quote
Be prepared for much amusement.
I still vividly recall posting in a German game forum and trying to say "I only speak a little German" and having people crack up laughing and asking me why I it was that I was only insisting on only talking to midget Germans and what did I have against tall people. |

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
10293
|
Posted - 2014.02.17 03:26:00 -
[5] - Quote
I join most English speaking corps to learn how to spell badly, not use punctuation, and use the incorrect form "there/their/theyre".
Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings? |

DSpite Culhach
278
|
Posted - 2014.02.17 03:30:00 -
[6] - Quote
I'm learning Russian in order to infiltrate one of their corps.
... errr, how do you delete these posts anyway. I suddenly woke up thinking I had a nightmare, then remembered I can't even fly Amarr Battleships. I add bits to this when I'm bored https://www.dropbox.com/s/foijsawsqolarom/EVE_Online.html |

NightCrawler 85
Phoibe Enterprises
1430
|
Posted - 2014.02.17 04:12:00 -
[7] - Quote
Not a bad idea at all.
When i started to play EVE i knew more or less no English at all (knew the basic terms like "how are you?" but thats as far as my knowledge went. After a few years with some very very patient corp members, Google translate, and some pretty hilarious misunderstandings along the way i can now be understood by most native English speakers both via chat and voice (even tho my accent still gives people trouble until they get used to it), and the amount of people that make fun of my English has gone down quite a bit 
The grammar is still causing trouble tho, but hey im trying  Phoibe Enterprises official recruitment thread The Eve Reader - -áAudio Recordings of Eve Chronicles
|

Malcolm Shinhwa
Bad Touches
1212
|
Posted - 2014.02.17 04:28:00 -
[8] - Quote
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:I join most English speaking corps to learn how to spell badly, not use punctuation, and use the incorrect form "there/their/theyre".
I join to learn who has slept with my mom. I'm also sometimes confused about my own sexuality. Corp chat usually clears that up for me as well. I know violence isn't the answer. I got it wrong on purpose. |

Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations CODE.
3681
|
Posted - 2014.02.17 04:30:00 -
[9] - Quote
Better to safari a foreign language mining corp to learn all their curse words. See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did. |

Michael Ruckert
Federal Navy Academy Gallente Federation
62
|
Posted - 2014.02.17 05:15:00 -
[10] - Quote
OP, join the French Foreign Legion corp. You learn French and get real pew pew with no TIDI. "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier |

Victor Andall
Complexes and Abaddons
110
|
Posted - 2014.02.17 06:25:00 -
[11] - Quote
Daifuku Bidermaier wrote:she does not like when I play eve.
So... what if I join a french corp so i can practice my french? is it a dumb idea?
 I just undocked for the first time and someone challenged me to a duel. Wat do?
http://andallcombat.wordpress.com/current-tournament/ |

Sibyyl
University of Caille Gallente Federation
50
|
Posted - 2014.02.17 07:34:00 -
[12] - Quote
It sounds like a good idea, but I'm not sure your girlfriend will appreciate the sort of French you learn in EVE !
/Fÿ¡
|

Tul Breetai
Impromptu Asset Requisition Insurance Fraud.
678
|
Posted - 2014.02.17 08:52:00 -
[13] - Quote
how about joining a club to learn a foreign language ? There's nothing worse than an EVE player, generally considered to be top of the food chain in the MMO world, that cannot smacktalk with wit and coherency. |

Ptraci
3 R Corporation Boarderline Cartel
1771
|
Posted - 2014.02.17 13:02:00 -
[14] - Quote
Join a Russian corp, learn to "Blyat!" like the best of them. Also, vorp and boobles. |

Treborr MintingtonJr
Quantum Reality R n D Spaceship Samurai
169
|
Posted - 2014.02.17 14:15:00 -
[15] - Quote
I will admit its an interesting idea, what you could do is learn french outside of EvE then use teamspeak to practice what you have learnt.
Also *whip noise* |

Faenir Antollare
University of Caille Gallente Federation
188
|
Posted - 2014.02.17 14:22:00 -
[16] - Quote
As an Englishman, it always embarrasses me just how fluent so many of my European peers are in English compared to how many of us English (me in particular) are fluent in other nation`s languages.
I think itis a truly brilliant idea OP, I wish you well and hope you learn at least as much as you need too to be fluent in your partner's tongue 
+1 |

James Amril-Kesh
4S Corporation Goonswarm Federation
9051
|
Posted - 2014.02.17 14:27:00 -
[17] - Quote
It's not embarrassing. English is the de facto lingua franca. "Pretty much all 14 of the CSM were in favor of a drone assign nerf for OBVIOUS gameplay reasons" - Sala Cameron
|

Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations CODE.
3690
|
Posted - 2014.02.17 14:31:00 -
[18] - Quote
The other option is wardeccing them all, offering they join a nice English language corp and be assimilated. See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did. |

Jenn aSide
STK Scientific Initiative Mercenaries
4809
|
Posted - 2014.02.17 14:41:00 -
[19] - Quote
Ptraci wrote:Join a Russian corp, learn to "Blyat!" like the best of them. Also, vorp and boobles.
I was in -A- for 2 months and learned a few Russian words. If i went to Russia and said them to people I'd probably be thrown in jail.
|

Ryann Padecain
Center for Advanced Studies Gallente Federation
18
|
Posted - 2014.02.17 14:56:00 -
[20] - Quote
Faenir Antollare wrote:As an Englishman, it always embarrasses me just how fluent so many of my European peers are in English compared to how many of us English (me in particular) are fluent in other nation`s languages.
+1 Hey don't worry, I appreciate what you say and at least you are not one of the usual english/americans who embarrass themselves by somehow feeling the need for all of the internet to know how to use the correct way of "there/their/theyre". |

Karen Avioras
Blue Republic RvB - BLUE Republic
241
|
Posted - 2014.02.17 15:03:00 -
[21] - Quote
I got an A in english thanks to playing games, go for it. |

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
2770
|
Posted - 2014.02.17 19:27:00 -
[22] - Quote
That's excellent. Learning a language is quick, when you have a practical need to communicate. You can't get much more practical than being under live fire from dangerous spaceships. Also, you can tell your girlfriend, "Oh, I wish I could, but right now I have to log in for my Francais lesson"! |

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University Minmatar Republic
285
|
Posted - 2014.02.17 22:39:00 -
[23] - Quote
Faenir Antollare wrote:As an Englishman, it always embarrasses me just how fluent so many of my European peers are in English compared to how many of us English (me in particular) are fluent in other nation`s languages.
In Australia you can get abused and insulted for speaking anything other than English on the public transport.
Actually you can also get abused for speaking English too correctly. Apparently its unpatriotic :D |

Laura Gallardo
Federal Navy Academy Gallente Federation
16
|
Posted - 2014.02.17 23:14:00 -
[24] - Quote
It worked for me, i don't speak/write perfect on english, but i can handle myself. French will be much harder tho.
Also, women don't change their minds about that kind of stuff, they want to change you, not the other way around ^^. |

Mourn LeBlade
Jupiter Roughriders
108
|
Posted - 2014.02.17 23:19:00 -
[25] - Quote
OK, so this is a long shot....but is there any corp. out there that speaks Klingon? I'm willing to learn. LTCOL LeBlade 177 Division Live Free or Die |

Sointu Luonnotar
Science and Trade Institute Caldari State
124
|
Posted - 2014.02.18 09:35:00 -
[26] - Quote
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:I join most English speaking corps to learn how to spell badly, not use punctuation, and use the incorrect form "there/their/theyre".
I see what you did their |

Kappy Ukap
K For Kill
7
|
Posted - 2014.02.19 23:35:00 -
[27] - Quote
But thing is would corporations accept you if you are still learning their language? I might actually think about this...
I do find this an interesting idea in my opinion actually  |

Tsubodai Falang
NEXT FRONTIER INITIATIVE Domino Industrial Group
6
|
Posted - 2014.02.20 02:04:00 -
[28] - Quote
I keep searching for a Thai corp but no luck so far
|

Angelica Dreamstar
Epic Boo Bees
518
|
Posted - 2014.02.20 02:08:00 -
[29] - Quote
This is actually a brilliant idea and others I remember have proven that it works!
- Join the Epic Boo Bees! (RP,PvE/PvP,wardecs,new players!) You are at it from day 0! |

Destination SkillQueue
Are We There Yet
6299
|
Posted - 2014.02.20 19:51:00 -
[30] - Quote
One time bump to fix forum. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |