| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Rowells
Unknown Soldiers Fidelas Constans
240
|
Posted - 2014.02.24 14:34:00 -
[1] - Quote
Freiday wrote:Luna Arindale wrote:Watch your overview, keep a flight of drones. A mining barge should not be able to tank null and lowsec rats. If you get warp scrambled, kill the frigate using your drones and be aligned and burning to the target you want to warp to. Mining barges are ment die easily, exhumers aren't.
I ment exhumers. They are seemingly ment to die as well, which makes little sense considering their cost. Yes. All ships are meant to die really. But in this case the skiff is very well suited for the task of survival. I use skiffs in my fleets simply because they are so easy to tank. And a procurer can tank null rats to a certain extent. Those two ships are really good tankers. and cheaper than the other two as well. |

Rowells
Unknown Soldiers Fidelas Constans
240
|
Posted - 2014.02.24 18:58:00 -
[2] - Quote
Dave Stark wrote:Freiday wrote:Even fully rigged out and with shields they don't stand any chance against single frigates or low-null sec rats. How can we fix this problem? non combat ships being unable to kill combat ships isn't a problem, let alone a problem that needs fixing. Honestly if you cant tank a skiff or procurer to fight a frigate you need to try a different fit. I've seen unsuspecting blops gangs get shredded by a small group of skiffs before. |

Rowells
Unknown Soldiers Fidelas Constans
240
|
Posted - 2014.02.24 20:32:00 -
[3] - Quote
unidenify wrote:Rowells wrote:Dave Stark wrote:Freiday wrote:Even fully rigged out and with shields they don't stand any chance against single frigates or low-null sec rats. How can we fix this problem? non combat ships being unable to kill combat ships isn't a problem, let alone a problem that needs fixing. Honestly if you cant tank a skiff or procurer to fight a frigate you need to try a different fit. I've seen unsuspecting blops gangs get shredded by a small group of skiffs before. I sort want to see those kill mail for giggle same with battle badger. I have one where my mackinaw took a bomber solo, but it's pretty old and i cant find it on evekill....hmmm |

Rowells
Unknown Soldiers Fidelas Constans
240
|
Posted - 2014.02.24 20:43:00 -
[4] - Quote
https://zkillboard.com/detail/26399683/
Even a mackinaw is capable of some sort of self defense. And i would hardly say it was "fully rigged out and with shields". Just your average max yield fitting. |

Rowells
Unknown Soldiers Fidelas Constans
240
|
Posted - 2014.02.24 20:55:00 -
[5] - Quote
Damien White wrote:Well, he used a thermal bomb... realy bad idea, with 84.6% thermal is the highest resist of a tanked mackinaw.
But yes, you can tank even a Mackinaw well, as long as you dont go for absolute maximum yield.
EDIT: In case you wanna bomb an Exhumer and he is known to have a good tank, go for kinetic. I don't think he used a bomb. He still has 2 in the launcher at the time of the kill. And i can't be sure of the fitting i had but i remember it being based off the local rats. |

Rowells
Unknown Soldiers Fidelas Constans
240
|
Posted - 2014.02.24 20:57:00 -
[6] - Quote
Stephanie Rosefire wrote:Rendiff wrote:They already gave the mining barges a balance pass. If you want to use a Hulk mine with friends, if you need tank use a Skiff. The Skiff has EHP on par with a battleship if you fit it right. skiffs and procs have no way of defending themselves, if you get caught with a scram or a disruptor, you are as good as dead. if you cant flee and you cant defend yourself, whats the point? I think i just showed that there is potential to defend yourself. It all depends on pilot skill, if your prepared in your fittings, and a little bit of luck as always. |

Rowells
Unknown Soldiers Fidelas Constans
240
|
Posted - 2014.02.24 21:10:00 -
[7] - Quote
Stephanie Rosefire wrote:Luna Arindale wrote:Watch your overview, keep a flight of drones. A mining barge should not be able to tank null and lowsec rats. If you get warp scrambled, kill the frigate using your drones and be aligned and burning to the target you want to warp to. Mining barges are ment die easily, exhumers aren't.
there is a very small difference between T1s and T2s. yes, each class has their buffs, hulks can mine more then a covy, skiff is tougher then a proc, but in the end, with such small differences, they arent worth the 250mil price tag. high sec miners who bring them into low sec arent using their brains. bringing a T2 barge into pirate space is not worth the risk. I currently have 2 skiffs mining ice right now in null. And with ice prices as they are i have made enough to buy 2 more skiffs in less than a week. Where do you think all the rare ores come from? somebody is out there mining them in skiffs, mcaks, procurers, and retrievers. And as a somewhat competent industrialist, I can say the price tag is worth it with either the extra defense or larger ore hold (Can't say much for the hulk but I've seen people do it).
While I will admit I dont mine in lowsec, I think the problem is there arent as many valuable ores with almost the same risk of getting blown up, if not by rats then by other pilots. |

Rowells
Unknown Soldiers Fidelas Constans
240
|
Posted - 2014.02.24 21:13:00 -
[8] - Quote
Damien White wrote:Rowells wrote: While I will admit I dont mine in lowsec, I think the problem is there arent as many valuable ores with almost the same risk of getting blown up, if not by rats then by other pilots.
Thats the problem. Low Sec needs something you can only get in there, otherwise miners will either stay in highsec or 0.0. It's even riskier nowadays with people burning the belts for security tags. |

Rowells
Unknown Soldiers Fidelas Constans
240
|
Posted - 2014.02.24 22:08:00 -
[9] - Quote
Now all that being said, i have always wondered how a skiff would fare if you traded its shield HP bonus for a drone damage bonus or an active tanking bonus. Just a thought. |
| |
|