| Pages: [1] 2 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 2 post(s) |

Hir Miriel
Elves In Space
170
|
Posted - 2014.04.09 17:34:00 -
[1] - Quote
Finish mining Dock to nearest Station.
Alt Tab to read internet hilarity.
Come back ten minutes later to see mining ship still waiting to Dock.
Happens every time I Alt Tab after Warping.
Thanks. ~ ~~ Thinking inside Schrodinger's sandbox. ~~ ~ |

Jarod Garamonde
Sardaukar Merc Guild General Tso's Alliance
1551
|
Posted - 2014.04.09 17:36:00 -
[2] - Quote
Hir Miriel wrote:Finish mining Dock to nearest Station.
Alt Tab to read internet hilarity.
Come back ten minutes later to see mining ship still waiting to Dock.
Happens every time I Alt Tab after Warping.
Thanks.
"Working as intended", I hope.
Why were you afk in space? That's a serious infraction of the Code, there, mate.
If you send me 5 mil ISK for "services rendered", I might be able to talk a New Order Agent into giving you a chance to pay for your permit. That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right... |

Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan Council of Peace and Prosperity
3277
|
Posted - 2014.04.09 17:39:00 -
[3] - Quote
*sigh* *** Vote MTU For CSM *** ***Free The Jita 1*** "They feel the need to cover their ears and eyes in horror at your very presence." - Pontianak Sythaeryn "Despite others being missing, at least Ramona is back." - Scipio Artelius |

Solecist Project
Center for Advanced Studies Gallente Federation
167
|
Posted - 2014.04.09 17:42:00 -
[4] - Quote
This STILL happens??? |

Hir Miriel
Elves In Space
170
|
Posted - 2014.04.09 17:43:00 -
[5] - Quote
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
"Working as intended", I hope.
Why were you afk in space? That's a serious infraction of the Code, there, mate.
If you send me 5 mil ISK for "services rendered", I might be able to talk a New Order Agent into giving you a chance to pay for your permit.
So watching a warp cutscene is so enthralling that I should be glued to the monitor?
~ ~~ Thinking inside Schrodinger's sandbox. ~~ ~ |

Hir Miriel
Elves In Space
170
|
Posted - 2014.04.09 17:47:00 -
[6] - Quote
Solecist Project wrote:This STILL happens???
Not sure how long it's been going on. Only been annoying recently. ~ ~~ Thinking inside Schrodinger's sandbox. ~~ ~ |

Seven Koskanaiken
The Shadow Plague Fidelas Constans
1160
|
Posted - 2014.04.09 17:50:00 -
[7] - Quote
This has been happening on gates for ages. I'm just in the habit of spamming jump on the gate now so don't know if it still as bad. |

Ralph King-Griffin
Var Foundation inc.
618
|
Posted - 2014.04.09 17:51:00 -
[8] - Quote
play in windowed mode. Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼a«£¦¬¦P¦¬a«£Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼ -á-á-á-á-á-á-á-á-á-á-á-á-á-áIf In Doubt....Do....Excessively. Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼a«£¦¬¦P¦¬a«£Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼
|

Hir Miriel
Elves In Space
170
|
Posted - 2014.04.09 17:58:00 -
[9] - Quote
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:play in windowed mode.
Thanks! I'll give it a whirl. ~ ~~ Thinking inside Schrodinger's sandbox. ~~ ~ |

E-2C Hawkeye
State War Academy Caldari State
568
|
Posted - 2014.04.09 17:58:00 -
[10] - Quote
Hir Miriel wrote:Jarod Garamonde wrote:
"Working as intended", I hope.
Why were you afk in space? That's a serious infraction of the Code, there, mate.
If you send me 5 mil ISK for "services rendered", I might be able to talk a New Order Agent into giving you a chance to pay for your permit.
So watching a warp cutscene is so enthralling that I should be glued to the monitor? Yep at least long enough to dock  |

Ralph King-Griffin
Var Foundation inc.
619
|
Posted - 2014.04.09 18:01:00 -
[11] - Quote
Hir Miriel wrote:Ralph King-Griffin wrote:play in windowed mode. Thanks! I'll give it a whirl. the point being, you avoid giving the alt-tab command. Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼a«£¦¬¦P¦¬a«£Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼ -á-á-á-á-á-á-á-á-á-á-á-á-á-áIf In Doubt....Do....Excessively. Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼a«£¦¬¦P¦¬a«£Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼
|

March rabbit
Federal Defense Union
1422
|
Posted - 2014.04.09 18:01:00 -
[12] - Quote
Seven Koskanaiken wrote:This has been happening on gates for ages. I'm just in the habit of spamming jump on the gate now so don't know if it still as bad. actually we discussed it some time ago and found that you only need to give ONE command to jump. Once you give 2nd or more system gets broken.
To the OP: yes, i see the same as the stations and at the gates: client has no focus -> you see delayed actions. Can't check for sure but i see it. The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"
|

masternerdguy
State Protectorate Caldari State
1563
|
Posted - 2014.04.09 18:04:00 -
[13] - Quote
Is your attention span this short? Things are only impossible until they are not. |

Hir Miriel
Elves In Space
170
|
Posted - 2014.04.09 18:04:00 -
[14] - Quote
E-2C Hawkeye wrote:Yep at least long enough to dock 
We miners are busy people, we ain't got time for silliness such as watching a slide show side effect. More important works need doing, such as plotting the arrival of pink space ponies to the space lanes.
We are evil evil.
~ ~~ Thinking inside Schrodinger's sandbox. ~~ ~ |

Belt Scout
118
|
Posted - 2014.04.09 18:06:00 -
[15] - Quote
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Why were you afk in space? That's a serious infraction of the Code, there, mate.
If you send me 5 mil ISK for "services rendered", I might be able to talk a New Order Agent into giving you a chance to pay for your permit.
Attempt at being relevant--- 1/10
Op, if you play fullscreen, floating at the docking ring will happen once and a while. As mentioned, try window mode.
P.S. With a huge ISBoxer mining fleet, reading the forums, and maybe watching a movie at the same time, window mode is the only way to fly baby. 
......................................... <------my stash of CODE tears. 
EVE's only legitimate ISK halving service. I have 50Billion to not give away. It's easy for you to double my money. Just send me some isk, has to be 100Mil or higher, and I will send you back half. I can't lose. One guaranteed winner every round. Do it now. |

Solecist Project
Center for Advanced Studies Gallente Federation
167
|
Posted - 2014.04.09 18:12:00 -
[16] - Quote
So this actually is one of the most annoying things that ever happened to me.
On one side I was quite happy about it, because sometimes it let me shoot pods of pilots who believed they'll dock up ... otoh, it got myself killed too. hahaha. xD
But seriously, before knowing that I too assumed that clicking DOCK means that my ship will DOCK even when I alttab away ... but NOOOOO.
Aaaaand this actually got fixed a year ago ... or two.
So ... petition or bug report. |

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
4707
|
Posted - 2014.04.09 18:15:00 -
[17] - Quote
Still better than spamming DOCK at the end of a 15KM gauntlet run in lowsec and it's a first visit meaning no bookmark.
Edit: uphill, both ways, in 3' feet of snow Bring back DEEEEP Space! |

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
20552
|
Posted - 2014.04.09 18:21:00 -
[18] - Quote
Just use the autopilot to insta-dock from a 0-range bookmark. It's much better practice anyway. GÇ£If you're not willing to fight for what you have in GëívGëí you don't deserve it, and you will lose it.GÇ¥
Get a good start: Newbie skill plan 2.1. |

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Panhandle Industries
412
|
Posted - 2014.04.09 18:24:00 -
[19] - Quote
Jarod Garamonde wrote:Hir Miriel wrote:Finish mining Dock to nearest Station.
Alt Tab to read internet hilarity.
Come back ten minutes later to see mining ship still waiting to Dock.
Happens every time I Alt Tab after Warping.
Thanks. "Working as intended", I hope. Why were you afk in space? That's a serious infraction of the Code, there, mate. If you send me 5 mil ISK for "services rendered", I might be able to talk a New Order Agent into giving you a chance to pay for your permit.
While I support the hard work of an honest businessman, I would appreciate it if you avoided charging people for contacting New Order agents. Code enforcement is done out of the goodness of our hearts; mixing in additional fees discourages compliance and is counterproductive to our goals. Perhaps instead of charging him five million isk to contact an agent, you could act as a temporary agent and sell him a permit yourself? New player resources: http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page - General information http://www.evealtruist.com/p/know-your-enemy.html - Learn to PvP http://belligerentundesirables.com/ - Safaris, Awoxes, Ganking and Griefing-á |

Nolen Cadmar
Nexus Ore Technologies and Excavations Surely You're Joking
140
|
Posted - 2014.04.09 18:29:00 -
[20] - Quote
I've never experienced this issue specifically from alt+tabbing. Maybe what you're experiencing is that sometimes when you warp to station, you land 2km outside of docking range. Only thing you can do about that is:
1) Create a bookmark that's well within station's docking ring 2) Tell ship to warp to bookmark 3) Set station as your destination 4) Turn on autopilot
When the ship lands the autopilot will give the dock command. Nolen's Spreadsheet Guru Services: Need a spreadsheet created, maintained, updated or repaired? Learn more about my services at:-á https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3865379 |

BoBoZoBo
Paragon Fury Tactical Narcotics Team
416
|
Posted - 2014.04.09 19:16:00 -
[21] - Quote
Agree with those here about windowed mode. I love playing my game full frame, but for some reason EVE had issues with getting out of it. Now I just play in windowed mode - no more problems. Primary Test Subject GÇó SmackTalker Elite |

Hevymetal
POT Corp Semper Ardens Alliance
242
|
Posted - 2014.04.09 19:34:00 -
[22] - Quote
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:play in windowed mode.
/thread
Anytime you do anything but play Eve, do iy in window mode. Another easy fix. Get a 2nd monitor.
|

Lugia3
Emerald Inc. Easily Excited
933
|
Posted - 2014.04.09 19:39:00 -
[23] - Quote
Use fixed window mode. "CCP Dolan is full of ****." - CCP Bettik |

March rabbit
Federal Defense Union
1424
|
Posted - 2014.04.09 20:13:00 -
[24] - Quote
actually windowed mode doesn't help.
I often move 2 chars at the time using 2 clients in windowed mode. No autopilot, manually jump&warp&jump&warp....
And after some time it becomes very clear: client you have active more often moves faster. Let's say one of chars reached gates and started to execute jump. you switch to other window, where ship reaches gates, jumps, then you can press 'warp' and switched to another client still find him exiting from system-to-system jump. It doesn't happen every time but often enough to take attention.
And yes, both of them are frigates. However it should not matter when operation is 'jump'? The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"
|

Ralph King-Griffin
Var Foundation inc.
628
|
Posted - 2014.04.09 20:49:00 -
[25] - Quote
March rabbit wrote:actually windowed mode doesn't help.
I often move 2 chars at the time using 2 clients in windowed mode. No autopilot, manually jump&warp&jump&warp....
And after some time it becomes very clear: client you have active more often moves faster. Let's say one of chars reached gates and started to execute jump. you switch to other window, where ship reaches gates, jumps, then you can press 'warp' and switched to another client still find him exiting from system-to-system jump. It doesn't happen every time but often enough to take attention.
And yes, both of them are frigates. However it should not matter when operation is 'jump'? I've noticed it with dual characters active as well but if you only have the single client open it shouldn't happen.
Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼a«£¦¬¦P¦¬a«£Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼ -á-á-á-á-á-á-á-á-á-á-á-á-á-áIf In Doubt....Do....Excessively. Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼a«£¦¬¦P¦¬a«£Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼Gû¼
|

Winchester Steele
912
|
Posted - 2014.04.09 22:50:00 -
[26] - Quote
Hir Miriel wrote:Jarod Garamonde wrote:
"Working as intended", I hope.
Why were you afk in space? That's a serious infraction of the Code, there, mate.
If you send me 5 mil ISK for "services rendered", I might be able to talk a New Order Agent into giving you a chance to pay for your permit.
So watching a warp cutscene is so enthralling that I should be glued to the monitor?
No. You should watch your monitor because the Code (and common sense) demands it. ... |

Jarod Garamonde
Sardaukar Merc Guild General Tso's Alliance
1553
|
Posted - 2014.04.09 23:21:00 -
[27] - Quote
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:Jarod Garamonde wrote:Hir Miriel wrote:Finish mining Dock to nearest Station.
Alt Tab to read internet hilarity.
Come back ten minutes later to see mining ship still waiting to Dock.
Happens every time I Alt Tab after Warping.
Thanks. "Working as intended", I hope. Why were you afk in space? That's a serious infraction of the Code, there, mate. If you send me 5 mil ISK for "services rendered", I might be able to talk a New Order Agent into giving you a chance to pay for your permit. While I support the hard work of an honest businessman, I would appreciate it if you avoided charging people for contacting New Order agents. Code enforcement is done out of the goodness of our hearts; mixing in additional fees discourages compliance and is counterproductive to our goals. Perhaps instead of charging him five million isk to contact an agent, you could act as a temporary agent and sell him a permit yourself?
Forgive my lapse in judgement. You're absolutely right. That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right... |

Jarod Garamonde
Sardaukar Merc Guild General Tso's Alliance
1553
|
Posted - 2014.04.09 23:26:00 -
[28] - Quote
Hir Miriel wrote:Jarod Garamonde wrote:
"Working as intended", I hope.
Why were you afk in space? That's a serious infraction of the Code, there, mate.
If you send me 5 mil ISK for "services rendered", I might be able to talk a New Order Agent into giving you a chance to pay for your permit.
So watching a warp cutscene is so enthralling that I should be glued to the monitor?
Going AFK is bot-aspirant behavior, and isn't tolerated by the Knights of the Order. They WILL dead you for it. That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right... |

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy Gallente Federation
1090
|
Posted - 2014.04.09 23:34:00 -
[29] - Quote
Winchester Steele wrote:Hir Miriel wrote:Jarod Garamonde wrote:
"Working as intended", I hope.
Why were you afk in space? That's a serious infraction of the Code, there, mate.
If you send me 5 mil ISK for "services rendered", I might be able to talk a New Order Agent into giving you a chance to pay for your permit.
So watching a warp cutscene is so enthralling that I should be glued to the monitor? No. You should watch your monitor because the Code (and common sense) demands it. Naw, fine without it in this instance. Especially doing it as Tippia describes.
On a side note, I used to have the same issue, but only for one character, though at some point it was resolved, but I'm not sure how. |

No Means No
University of Caille Gallente Federation
93
|
Posted - 2014.04.09 23:37:00 -
[30] - Quote
Jarod Garamonde wrote:Hir Miriel wrote:Finish mining Dock to nearest Station.
Alt Tab to read internet hilarity.
Come back ten minutes later to see mining ship still waiting to Dock.
Happens every time I Alt Tab after Warping.
Thanks. "Working as intended", I hope. Why were you afk in space? That's a serious infraction of the Code, there, mate. If you send me 5 mil ISK for "services rendered", I might be able to talk a New Order Agent into giving you a chance to pay for your permit.
well isnt that what the A UTOPILOT supposed to do?
Can only be a bug IMO, dont tell me its working as intended, cause from what I know AUTOPILOT is AUTOPILOT. Or else it should be called "SEMI autopilot",... or "autpilot if not afk". |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |