| Pages: [1] 2 3 4 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Dread Blah
|
Posted - 2006.06.29 16:04:00 -
[1]
Hey all,
Im not gonna cry *****and murder, and I am certainly not accusing Currin of scamming me. And even if I have been scammed I will live through the loss of what I invested, it's not a big deal and I knew the risk beforehand.
Having said that, I'm just wondering if other investors have received their share the past week or if anyone knows anything in general about Currin's whereabouts. I know from other guys in my corp he paid out in the past with good results so that made me believe I was not being cheated.
But, 24/6 was pay day, I've sent him a mail but I haven't seen him online for at least a week. needless to say I haven't seen a dime of my my investment. Again, not a big loss but still nice to know if he is no longer in business.
I would encourage anyone to refrain from flaming please. I've read some threads on scams or so-called scams and I would love to see this thread stay clean. Again, Currin has paid out in the past so there is no reason to believe he is a scammer, he's just running "late" I guess and I like to know why.
Thx. 
|

Fade McKenzie
|
Posted - 2006.06.29 16:37:00 -
[2]
I should have gotten my investment back yesterday, but I didnt. If you look on the Currin Trading website, you can see that it hasn't been updated since the 21st of June. While normally it would be updated almost daily.
|

Dread Blah
|
Posted - 2006.06.29 21:43:00 -
[3]
I wonder where the million investors are from the 1 billion lottery.
Sign me up. I'm already an investor!
I don't mean to mock you guys or anything but looking at the sheet he posted on his site a couple of guys must be getting very nervous by now. I also wonder why the sheet is so much shorter than the amount claiming to be an investor in the lottery thread. I know you can request to be excluded from the list but why would you bother doing that if you are going to publicly claim to be an investor anyway?
I also don't think that he was working alone, so why isn't anyone else stepping up to explain what's going on?

|

Namarus
|
Posted - 2006.06.30 17:06:00 -
[4]
I am also an investor.
Normally I see the Currins Trading character online a lot of the time, but I have not seen him on at all recently. The excel investment sheet has not been updated for a week.
I am assuming that he has gone on holiday or something, I guess we shall see.
|

Kafur
|
Posted - 2006.07.02 07:19:00 -
[5]
When you are working with foreign money, and provide a schedule to show the investor when he gets back his money, you would tell your customers, when you are going to have a break, otherwise your business would been ruined. No one would trust you anymore.
Their website claims that there are several people working for the investors, so there should be no break if one of them has to make some kind of holiday.
Therefor i think it was a scam. Lost 300M myself, and i think i have learnt a valuable, wallet-destroying lesson.
|

Raem Civrie
|
Posted - 2006.07.03 00:53:00 -
[6]
If it was a scam, it was a worthy one.
This was my fourth investment to date, and while I technically lost 720m isk, I haven't even been around for two months and I originally put in around 350m (each time putting in again exactly what I got out), which isn't a devastating sum to lose by any stretch of the word.
My maturation date was 26.4.2006. I'm gonna give it another week before I discount it completely. ----
My Omber is second to none |

Dread Blah
|
Posted - 2006.07.03 14:20:00 -
[7]
Oke, I guess I'm just slow to adjust being of good faith by nature.
So, I've been scammed huh? Geesh ...... 
Aw hell 
|

Syphir Hryell
|
Posted - 2006.07.03 15:31:00 -
[8]
I have done 7 investments to date without issue. Waiting for the return on my 8th currently. I am not too worried yet, if a a couple more weeks go by, then I will start to worry. Real life stuff can come up anytime and I know in my case, my real life stuff takes priority over EVE stuff. Having done many successful investments with Currin Trading, I am giving them the benefit of the doubt.. for now anyway. 
|

Aria Minasa
|
Posted - 2006.07.03 15:33:00 -
[9]
<--- was due on 6/26...
|

HippoKing
|
Posted - 2006.07.04 10:44:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Raem Civrie If it was a scam, it was a worthy one.
This was my fourth investment to date, and while I technically lost 720m isk, I haven't even been around for two months and I originally put in around 350m (each time putting in again exactly what I got out), which isn't a devastating sum to lose by any stretch of the word.
My maturation date was 26.4.2006. I'm gonna give it another week before I discount it completely.
Thats why I love ponzi schemes 
|

DELIBERATE
|
Posted - 2006.07.04 14:54:00 -
[11]
Look at his web site links for the full story in all its glory .. at least he writes well .... maybe its also worthy of a case study for some university degree...
Sign me up iam an investor too !!
|

Raem Civrie
|
Posted - 2006.07.04 17:12:00 -
[12]
Originally by: HippoKing
Originally by: Raem Civrie If it was a scam, it was a worthy one.
This was my fourth investment to date, and while I technically lost 720m isk, I haven't even been around for two months and I originally put in around 350m (each time putting in again exactly what I got out), which isn't a devastating sum to lose by any stretch of the word.
My maturation date was 26.4.2006. I'm gonna give it another week before I discount it completely.
Thats why I love ponzi schemes 
At least they require effort. That's basically the criteria I have for "worthy scams". ----
My Omber is second to none |

MOOstradamus
|
Posted - 2006.07.04 17:16:00 -
[13]
/me congratulates Currin Trading on an excellent adventure
MOOCIFER Emerald/Alpha Oldtimer |

robacz
|
Posted - 2006.07.04 17:24:00 -
[14]
Have you seen that part about Eve Intergalactic Bank? 
___________ Buying/selling Implants, Cargo Expanders |

Dread Blah
|
Posted - 2006.07.04 18:24:00 -
[15]
LMAO
Hilarious, really.

|

Raem Civrie
|
Posted - 2006.07.04 18:37:00 -
[16]
That man deserves my 350m isk ----
My Omber is second to none |

HippoKing
|
Posted - 2006.07.04 20:37:00 -
[17]
<3
|

Cally
|
Posted - 2006.07.04 21:10:00 -
[18]
An interesting read. That guys the top candidate responsible for hacking our website.... 
Financial Services for the Citizens of Eve The EIB
|

EMFi Manager
|
Posted - 2006.07.04 21:44:00 -
[19]
Originally by: Cally An interesting read. That guys the top candidate responsible for hacking our website.... 
I thought of that... been doing a bit of thinking, that guy is either very bitter with you cally, or wants to get some cheap EIBI shares ;)
Did you **** him of by any chance in the past? that could explain it.
I must commend him on his writing prowess, was well written :)
Alt of Naphtalia
Visit my investment site |

Cally
|
Posted - 2006.07.04 22:03:00 -
[20]
Originally by: EMFi Manager
Originally by: Cally An interesting read. That guys the top candidate responsible for hacking our website.... 
I thought of that... been doing a bit of thinking, that guy is either very bitter with you cally, or wants to get some cheap EIBI shares ;)
Did you **** him of by any chance in the past? that could explain it.
I must commend him on his writing prowess, was well written :)
To be completely honest, I think its probably someone who had an account and tried an insurance scam. A few people come to mind. One who defaulted on a 50m loan and tried to claim over 500m on his insurance plan, of which his photoshop abilities and overlooking of required skills to use the insured items was his downfall, the other tried to say he deposited isk with me that he didnt very early in our initial startup.
Of course, it could just be jelousy, who knows .
Financial Services for the Citizens of Eve The EIB
|

Deja Thoris
|
Posted - 2006.07.04 22:16:00 -
[21]
Originally by: Aria Minasa <--- was due on 6/26...
Have you found out if its a boy or a girl yet?
|

Kitty O'Shay
|
Posted - 2006.07.04 22:30:00 -
[22]
A remarkable act of social engineering w/o forum spamming. Very astute.
As for the EIB part:- A case of "takes one to know one?"
- A commentary on the game mechanics, that anyone can run off with the isk?
- Axe to grind?
- A little of each?
I guess we won't know for a while, if at all. --
Convo Me! |

Dark Shikari
|
Posted - 2006.07.04 22:37:00 -
[23]
Edited by: Dark Shikari on 04/07/2006 22:37:38
The whole thing about EIBI "being a scam" is nothing new. The day I saw EIBI come out, I pondered the possibility. There are tons of reasons why it probably isn't a scam, and some reasons why it definitely might be, but I'm not going to bore you with the whole deal.
After some analyzing and discussion with some other investors and important people, I've put my "scam rating" of EIBI at 12%: a 12% probability that it was designed in the beginning as a scam. This does not cover someone waking up on the wrong side of the bed one day and deciding to run off with the money. This number is also down from my original assessment, at 25%. I'm also pretty cynical.
EMFI insists that its scam rating is most certainly less than 10% though 
Summary: You'd have to be a conspiracy theorist nut to believe that EMFI is most certainly a scam, or even has a high chance of being one.
--Proud member of the [23]--
-WTB Platinum Technite, WTS Nanotransistors, Heavy Electron II, 100mn AB II- |

EMFi Manager
|
Posted - 2006.07.04 22:56:00 -
[24]
Originally by: Dark Shikari I've put my "scam rating" of EIBI at 12%: a 12% probability that it was designed in the beginning as a scam.
Summary: You'd have to be a conspiracy theorist nut to believe that EMFI is most certainly a scam, or even has a high chance of being one.
DS, why drag me into this?
Anyways, tbh there is no new 'evidence' against Cally presented in that piece of writing... I knew all of this before and it was the first thing I looked at when I 'investigated' EIB .. Cally can confirm some nice convoes we had months ago..
People that think that the 'big players' haven't considered the theory presented by our friend of Currin Trading are mistaken.
Do I have 100% blind faith? nope... I am not putting all my isk in EIBI, also I limited my investment in UEMA because it was insured through EIBI but that is just wise I would think.
Do I trust Cally with 10% of my assets? yep... Do I trust Cally with 100% of assets trusted to my by my investors? can't do that no..
Could there be more clarity / transparancy? always.. and hopefully the new corp structure will help there. Could there be more sa***uards / protection against RL disasters? probably.. would I trust more EMFI assets if these things were met? probably...
I am not selling out my EIBI shares just yet because of this writing. And I am looking forward to the empire Cally is building.

Alt of Naphtalia
Visit my investment site |

Eternal Fury
|
Posted - 2006.07.04 23:19:00 -
[25]
All I can say is that I don't trust anyone.
I've put a few mill into some of the Lotto's in game, but I've always done it with the intention that I'll never see the ISK again.. though I did win 5X my ticket fee from one :)
All I gotta say, is if you have money to invest, then you can afford to loose it.
I trust a real life bank about as far as I can throw the building it's in. I take my $ out as soon as it goes in. If it collapses and I loose 50$ no biggie. Same in game. I never gamble more then 5% of my current wealth.
That way I always have a nest egg to start over with.
To CurrinTradeing, I tip my hat to you, and thank my self that I didn't invest 
Brotherhood of Light. Small Corp, Big Fun. Wanna join? |

gfldex
|
Posted - 2006.07.04 23:24:00 -
[26]
Originally by: MOOstradamus Currin Trading
It's a really nice reading and he is even bashing the forum warriors, who not fail to link his story swiftly -- what a irony.
-- $ perl -n -e 'print "Stop blameing pirates! Oveur is the root of all evil!\n" if m/podkill|lost my ship|gank|gate camp|Verone/;'
|

IDesert FoxI
|
Posted - 2006.07.04 23:38:00 -
[27]
Agreed, a very interesting story. I myself nearly invested in currin trading, but my paranoia stepped in and slapped me, and it looks like it was for the best. To whoever it is behind the character CT, congratulations mate and thank you for a fine read.
|

Dark Shikari
|
Posted - 2006.07.04 23:40:00 -
[28]
Edited by: Dark Shikari on 04/07/2006 23:41:39
Originally by: EMFi Manager
Originally by: Dark Shikari I've put my "scam rating" of EIBI at 12%: a 12% probability that it was designed in the beginning as a scam.
Summary: You'd have to be a conspiracy theorist nut to believe that EMFI is most certainly a scam, or even has a high chance of being one.
DS, why drag me into this?
It was a mistype 
I agree with your post: I trust cally with 10% of my assets, but not 100%. This applies to most investments, which is why I like the EMFI: you spread my risk 
--Proud member of the [23]--
-WTB Platinum Technite, WTS Nanotransistors, Heavy Electron II, 100mn AB II- |

Cally
|
Posted - 2006.07.05 00:03:00 -
[29]
The vision for the Eve universe as a completely player run entity borders on a fine line between sucess or failure as far as a MMORPG is concerned.
The fact that we as a community pioneer many of the changes this game sees on a daily basis is what makes this mmporg stand out from all the others. One simple action by one individual can set the motion for the cataclysmic destruction of the game, or indeed set the wheels in motion for a new dawn in the evolution of the world as we know it.
This is what makes EVE what it is.
You CAN build an empire You CAN control the market and unfortunatley you CAN be a scam artist.
You CAN be what you want to be.....
Without this freedom the game would die overnight as this freedom is what appeals to the community, and as much as some of us dispise somethings that happen, they ultimately shape and have shaped the game we know today.
So back to the questions about the EIB.... All the points raised in currins website page and those of many other indiviuals within the community are all valid points for consideration.
And the one that sits in everyones mind is... The EIB could be a scam... so is it?
And why not? I could have set out to gain the trust of the community, make it seem as if I and the EIB was legitimate. I could even be paying out account holder isk in the EIBI dividends as to increase the EIBI's apeal to new investors, when making these new changes we have proposed whilst maintaining the illusion that this money is actually there. I could even be allowing the withdrawal of isk at anytime as to 'make' people believe their investments are completely safe since they can access it anytime.
How could I be doing this? Well, for all the people who have invested or have an account I could be using a small percentage of their isk as buffers to account for withdrawals, knowing full well there is a minimal possibility that every account holder will put in a withdrawal request.
And what about staff? The EIB could be nothing more than me and an army of alts I have made, giving the illusion that there are more than me active in the EIB.
But if it was a scam, why would I do it?
Infammy perhaps. Its no secret that the EIB net worth is in excess of 500b isk, and thats not including account holder isk. If I was to make an educated guess, there is somewhere in the region of 400b isk of public interest in the EIB in some shape or form, accounting for isk in accounts and investments clients have made in the EIBI and other things such as insurance.
If I was one day to wake up and think, ive had enough its entirely possible for me to walk away with close to 3/4 of a trillion in isk. no problem, and whats more nobody could do a thing about it.
But then, if I could do this, then why havent I already?
Why would I drag this on for the sake of obtaining a few hundred billion more over time? Why would I continue to put myself through the work load I face every day in running this operation? And the question that should be on tips of your tongue right now is....
why would I had just made all those points if I was intending to scam the community, knowing full well that as more people read this post ive made (and more paticulary the sceptical one) begin withdrawing all their isk?
As one of the previous posters said "only time will tell"
Some blindly follow what they are told, others scrutinise everything you do. Some people are honest, others are not but whatever category you fall into the fact remains that the actions of one person can shape the future of EVE whatever they do.
The bottom line is everything could be a scam, including the EIB.
All I can do is like many others do. Present myself and business with the intent of attaining a goal.
Wether my goal is to be the pioneer behind a unique mega-corporation or the most famous scammer in EVE history, only you, the community can decide.
Financial Services for the Citizens of Eve The EIB
|

Salazar N'terre
|
Posted - 2006.07.05 00:12:00 -
[30]
Nice post, but did you have to poor gasoline on yourself?
If the bank turns out to be a scam, then watch the market fall like a line of dominoes. One must have faith and trust, two commodities worth more than isk.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 3 4 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |