| Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Tripp Orsam
Dragonstar
|
Posted - 2006.07.24 19:57:00 -
[61]
Originally by: Krulla Edited by: Krulla on 22/07/2006 16:41:30
Originally by: Andrew Gunn How about when you train a skill, once it's finished it continues training until level 5?
Uh. How about... no way?
*Starts training Carrier 1, goes away for three months*
I get the feeling that once skill queues are in place there will be no training going on once you cancel your account (which currently works), It would make no sense for CCP to add a feature that would make thier players take longer breaks from thier game without paying and still be training skills up...
With the introduction or more and more 'bigger skills' like titan liscense ans other skills that might take longer than a month or 2 im suprised the cancelled account training 'featuer' is still around.
----------------------------- EVE Online perfectly strikes all your free time wrecking your 1994 marriage. |

Tripp Orsam
Dragonstar
|
Posted - 2006.07.24 20:07:00 -
[62]
to the guy that made the comment about waking up in the night just to change skills, I have a story for you.
The other night I was sleeping in my bed when my alarm clock went off at 4:15am, it was time to change skills! but in the hallway of my house stood 2 ninjas and they immediatly started attacking me, I managed to kill the first one all the time deflecting blows from the seccond ninja, but I was too injured to take on the seccond one, but at that moment a voice came from my computer "skill training completed" and the last ninja looked around to see what it was, I promptly punched him in the back of the neck knocking him out.
So you see, EVE skill changes can save lives, and if skill queues had been in place at that time I would not have put my alarm clock to wake up at that time and the ninjas would have killed me in my sleep.
----------------------------- EVE Online perfectly strikes all your free time wrecking your 1994 marriage. |

MrTripps
Gallente
|
Posted - 2006.07.24 20:30:00 -
[63]
I would really like the ability to set at least one secondary skill to kick in if the first finishes. That way I'm not loging in to change a skill, get seen by corpmates who are just out for a quick bit of PVP, then six hours later I'm wondering where my evening went.
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right!" - Salvor Hardin |

Tizi
|
Posted - 2006.07.24 20:51:00 -
[64]
I would dearly love to see the idea get off of the drawing board and into the hands of somebody who can implement it. I would like to base my skill planning around how I want to develop my character, not around my real life schedule.
I'm very happy with the design as described on the drawing board. Unfortunately it does me no good sitting there as opposed to being implemented.
|

Ken Cook
Caldari
|
Posted - 2006.07.24 20:58:00 -
[65]
I would have to disagree.
People could make seperate accounts, queue up for every skill they wanted, not pay after that month, come back in a year or 6 months and bam, fully trained. Send over some ISK and bam!
FYI, you do train while not being paid for. (account payment)
|

Kurren
Farscape Mining
|
Posted - 2006.07.24 21:09:00 -
[66]
I can see in to the future...
If CCP makes it so the next skill level is trained:
"But, CCP, I didn't WANT to train the next level of the skill! Now I've wasted 4 hours of training time!"
If CCP makes it so we can have any amount of a queue:
"But, CCP, now I'll never be able to catch up to the older players because there's no chance that they'll miss a few hours or even a day not training a skill."
It's not really going to breed anything positive. It will make the game "easier" in some aspect, but I don't enjoy Eve because it's easy. I like it because I can screw up and that forces me to be better.
I've been playing for a very long time, imho, and to be quite honest... 4 hours means squat. 12 hours hurts a tad, but when you're training a week long skill, all 12 hours does is decide whether the skill finishes when you're asleep or awake.
I will, of course, use this to my advantage if it gets implemented. I have no sympothies for those lost in the wake because things got too easy and, in a game of survival of the fittest, they were not fit to survive.
--- --- --- ---
SobaKai.com
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |