| Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Tobias Sjodin
Caldari Ore Mongers Pirate Coalition
|
Posted - 2006.08.17 11:55:00 -
[61]
Black Claw: Props for a well-written and well-thought through post.
If I may generalize, there's only one courtesy you can expect from a pirate:
1. Ransoms will be honored for that single engagement. (Anything beyond that is to the pirate's discretion).
There's no general 24 hour rule, you don't get a 24 hour NAP after being ransomed. And if you do get one, you're privileged.
In fact, if someone pops open a convo with you, to instead of destroying your ship and pod, and takes the risk of you calling for reinforcements... that's a privilege for you.
If you get out of that, and resume ratting in low-sec with pirates in local, you probably deserve getting blown up the second time.
\\ contact me in-game for sig-purchase \
|

thatguyinpc
|
Posted - 2006.08.17 20:33:00 -
[62]
Originally by: Feng Schui Edited by: Feng Schui on 14/08/2006 20:47:28
So we add that up, and we get 2,050,000 isk. Now, assuming that was to stop the actual killing (I could have just logged, as I was in the station), I assumed, yes, assumed, that an extra 2,950,000 isk would cover me for the day, as even you did not specify a price. And a day to me is 24 hours.
Just my 2 isk but if this negotiation took place while the ransomee was safe in the station then I'm of the opinion that the ransomer should have clarified the time that the ransomee was purchasing.
If your product is honest ransoms, I would stand behind your product and replace the ransomees costs in full.
Guy
|

Trojanman190
Caldari Everlasting Impact
|
Posted - 2006.08.17 21:08:00 -
[63]
I read the entire thread and I have to say... why would anybody trust Awox? By self admission he's a jerk. 5 mil for 12 hours is crazy generous though...
|

Samirol
Ore Mongers
|
Posted - 2006.08.17 22:11:00 -
[64]
it seems like awox abided by his ransom, and even offered to pay 1/2 it back. I think feng is, well, stupid for hanging around a pirate system and not checking local.
Ore Mongers is recruiting |

MonwrathDisortium
Incarnation of Evil
|
Posted - 2006.08.19 07:47:00 -
[65]
I would say that Awox was more than fair, you paid he let you leave that engagement. You should have moved on to greener pastures. I dont do ransoms for just this reason, now there are ransom rules?
Kill em' all and split up the loot, captain gets a double share, YARRR 
|

Rikkard Strofeldt
Gallente SniggWaffe
|
Posted - 2006.08.19 11:06:00 -
[66]
Time doesn't go slower here in AU, unless you are on the beach 
Now, with the 14 (?) hour time difference, if we assume that you were ransomed in your morning, then Awox would have gone to bed, woken up and blown you to bits seeing as its a new day.
And a day isn't always 24 hours. Solar day, yes, but work day? waking day? As far as I'm concerned, when I wake up it a new day, whether its been 24hours after you paid the ransom or not.
Oh, btw Awox:
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie! --
Descending into madness. |

Vulpis Lenchov
Association of Commonwealth Enterprises
|
Posted - 2006.08.19 11:14:00 -
[67]
Although I understand your frustration I don't think you have done the right thing by coming on here in the manner you did. For me the basic assumption for any ransom is they don't pod you on the spot, and anything else must be negotiated.
I have encountered Awox once before for a negotiation and I must say he was very thorough. Although eventually I did not pay as the terms were not to my liking (something which got me set KOS for my troubles!!) ammendments such as an extended time period were factored in when i requested them.
I think the lesson here is to make sure that you never assume anything, and that all details are hammered out exactly. I would put this one down to a mistake (no matter how much it was rubbed in your face). We have all made mistakes and we will all make more.
Oh, and never think you need a reason to go and gank some pirates; it's the combat that they play the game for!
|

Awox
Awox Inc.
|
Posted - 2006.08.20 05:57:00 -
[68]
Originally by: Rikkard Strofeldt Time doesn't go slower here in AU, unless you are on the beach 
Now, with the 14 (?) hour time difference, if we assume that you were ransomed in your morning, then Awox would have gone to bed, woken up and blown you to bits seeing as its a new day.
And a day isn't always 24 hours. Solar day, yes, but work day? waking day? As far as I'm concerned, when I wake up it a new day, whether its been 24hours after you paid the ransom or not.
Oh, btw Awox:
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!
Oi! Oi! Oi! - nerf 0.5+ |

J4m Z
Veto.
|
Posted - 2006.08.20 10:00:00 -
[69]
Originally by: Sonlatur Mistakes happen and i can well imagine that one gets confused about "a day" when living in different time zones. Of course, 24 hours do make sense and this is how it has to be understood in a strict sense, but one could easily mistake it as "till tomorrow".
That being said, just paying back 1/2 of the fee is wrong. Imho one should pay the whole fee plus reimbursement for the ship.
I read that disturbingly often here - "if he pays ransom and the npcs blow him up afterwards, i'll pay back a part of the ransom"... . What?! Why not all?
I for one pay back the entire ransom and something towards replacing his ship. ----
Be careful you have just entered Terrorbear stomping grounds.... |

Samirol
Ore Mongers
|
Posted - 2006.08.20 10:27:00 -
[70]
1/2 honestly sounds fair, although i would have paid him back for his ship + 1/2 the ransom so this kinda **** doesn't spring up
Tier 1 BS Lotto |

Feng Schui
Minmatar The Ninja Coalition
|
Posted - 2007.08.29 19:46:00 -
[71]
Necro bumpage for an old friend. 
The Beginning <-- crap quality, need to redo, sorry :( |

Yurii Chan
|
Posted - 2007.08.29 21:46:00 -
[72]
Originally by: Feng Schui Necro bumpage for an old friend. 
necro is bad! and lying is worse.. awox is bestest person in eve! period. 10000% legit and he rox0r
|

Awox
Advanced Logistics
|
Posted - 2007.08.29 21:50:00 -
[73]
Just contract me the ammo at the price I agreed on and we're cool Feng Schui. No need to bring up this whole mess again. 
|

Feng Schui
Minmatar The Ninja Coalition
|
Posted - 2007.08.29 21:57:00 -
[74]
tell you what... i'll go ahead and charge 50% more than what i'm charging now, since i'll still be cheaper than everyone else 
The Beginning <-- crap quality, need to redo, sorry :( |

Avery Fatwallet
|
Posted - 2007.08.29 22:00:00 -
[75]
Originally by: Feng Schui 2006.08.13 @ 00:13 I deposited 5 million isk into Awox's account for ransom for a day being left alone to mine / rat in Ennur by his corp (if it was just a personal ransom, i would have deposited 1 million isk)
Did you agree on a period of a day or the period of the day again? to me that sounds like it could really have been miscommunication, until that is made perfectly clear to me.
|

orie16
|
Posted - 2007.08.29 22:55:00 -
[76]
i personly know awox's and his corp and i think he just missed up on the time its dose happen and he did pay back 2.5m Sh*t i know i would take it. He had the choice to kill me and it was a somewhat pvp tank test 5m to the winner. 1St one to get to the others hull Wins will he got to my hull and stoped. and i payed the 5m as of my word and i have not had a good background with awox but i do think your taking it little much.
Orie
|

Feng Schui
Minmatar The Ninja Coalition
|
Posted - 2007.08.29 23:04:00 -
[77]
Edited by: Feng Schui on 29/08/2007 23:07:17 ah.. he's already paid for the losses.. 50x fold in market orders =)
though.. 46 more days till i can fly a pilgrim.. perfect.. (started training for this ship that night) and ccp nerfs my setup.. gdmit
edit: never forgive.. and never forget 
The Beginning <-- crap quality, need to redo, sorry :( |

Callthetruth
Caldari Drunken Ratbags Inc New Eve Order
|
Posted - 2007.08.30 02:12:00 -
[78]
Originally by: Feng Schui Edited by: Feng Schui on 29/08/2007 23:07:17 ah.. he's already paid for the losses.. 50x fold in market orders =)
though.. 46 more days till i can fly a pilgrim.. perfect.. (started training for this ship that night) and ccp nerfs my setup.. gdmit
edit: never forgive.. and never forget 
Lol feng explains a few things have fun
|

Feng Schui
Minmatar The Ninja Coalition
|
Posted - 2007.08.30 03:01:00 -
[79]
     
The Beginning <-- crap quality, need to redo, sorry :( |

Cyber Crusader
|
Posted - 2007.08.30 03:02:00 -
[80]
There more guidelines then rules anyway.
|

Arrgs
Retribution Corp. Enelaise
|
Posted - 2007.08.30 03:06:00 -
[81]
I can vouch for Awox honoring ransoms too.
When I was a pirate my ransoms usually lasted until they left system or like 6ish hours if they didn't leave system.
My first video! |

ry ry
StateCorp The State
|
Posted - 2007.08.30 09:07:00 -
[82]
Edited by: ry ry on 30/08/2007 09:07:59 in fairness, five 2.5 million is nothing at all. i'd happily pay some people that much to stop trying to convo me all the sodding time.
what ship did you lose?
|

Cpt Branko
The Bloody Red
|
Posted - 2007.08.30 09:13:00 -
[83]
Edited by: Cpt Branko on 30/08/2007 09:14:37 Sorry, Feng, but this guy is right:
Originally by: Galan Amarias Just my quick two centi-ISK.
When making a deal with anyone you don't know, pirate, merc, noob, care bear, dev.. dosn't matter. Spell out exactly what you are paying for and exactly what terms aply.
especially since we are all stuck with text as our only communicaiton tool. You need to be explicit. Not necessarily legalistic, and there is no need to argue over the meaning of words and whatnot, but say "I pay you X and I get X" and have them repeat it. That will then make it obvious if one party renegs on the deal and then you can bring the deal in all it's well defined glory to the boards.
I don't see it as a dishonoured ransom, really, since, well, how were they supposed to know you paid for 24 hours without explicitly agreeing?
Meeep, i fell for a necro ;(
Originally by: Tsanse Kinske The second you start equating time spent playing a game with lost time and money is the second you need to ask yourself "Why am I playing?". Seriously
|

Arrgs
Retribution Corp. Enelaise
|
Posted - 2007.08.30 13:41:00 -
[84]
Hay I fell for necro too. :(
My first video! |

heheheh
Singularity. Fallen Souls
|
Posted - 2007.08.30 15:21:00 -
[85]
What a stupid post. Awox honours his ransoms. OP must be gutted that he was just another victim.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |