| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Hellspawn01
Amarr
|
Posted - 2006.09.12 21:15:00 -
[31]
Originally by: Malthros Zenobia
Originally by: Hellspawn01 Edited by: Hellspawn01 on 12/09/2006 14:18:00
Originally by: Caleb Paine The solution is to be happy about it when you find some, grab your hauler and get rich!
\o/
If you get rich from stealing from a macro miner, you get banned aswell.
Name someone who has.
I¦ve been told that by a CCP employee and I¦m just passing on the info.
Ship lovers click here |

Tutaku
Pagans On Safari
|
Posted - 2006.09.12 21:35:00 -
[32]
Originally by: Hellspawn01
Originally by: Malthros Zenobia
Originally by: Hellspawn01 Edited by: Hellspawn01 on 12/09/2006 14:18:00
Originally by: Caleb Paine The solution is to be happy about it when you find some, grab your hauler and get rich!
\o/
If you get rich from stealing from a macro miner, you get banned aswell.
Name someone who has.
I¦ve been told that by a CCP employee and I¦m just passing on the info.
That's fine, but hardly something that you can enforce. If CCP cannot/will not identify the people who are breaking their rules then we are hardly guilty for interacting with our fellow players in ways that are entirely, inarguably, within the bounds of normal play.
It's my job to steal stuff. It's not my job to identify automated players.
The statement you're referring to is most likely a blanket kind of thing designed to cover everyone involved in the farming operation, not limiting themselves to the definition of "the guy with the mining laser".
|

Miss Overlord
Gallente Garoun Investment Bank
|
Posted - 2006.09.12 21:40:00 -
[33]
Originally by: Lucio /signed
Ban the idiots. CCP should just transfer all Chinese IP address accounts to the China cluster. Yes it looks like racial prejudice but so far I haven't encountered a macrominer who hasn't replied in Chinese text when I've repeatedly rammed their barges out of alignment :)
This is the prime factor CCP refuse to do IP seperation (ie no china IPs on TQ and no global IPs ex china on the chinesse server) this is causing problems
|

Pea Smuggler
|
Posted - 2006.09.12 21:45:00 -
[34]
I like the whole, mine, produce and sell part of EVE, I enjoy it just as much as the PVP side and find it a very nice relaxing way to spend time in the game.
So a little story about my EVE since Saturday for me.
This weekend I thought IĘd mine in empire and catch the football on TV. I check out the belts in my home system and I find loads of players in NPC corps, all created around the same time mining. I scan a few roids and itĘs not worth the hassle of activating the lasers they are so small. So I call it quits before I even start. Check back Sunday, the same nothing left before I get out of bed. Well this brings me to Monday and IĘm at work. I log in, check the belts and cool, loads of ore, 20 odd kernite in each belt, pyro respawned. Think to myself, nice bit of mining tonight while I watch that film IĘve been meaning to watch. Leave work, get home, eat, put the kid to bed, log on about 8.30GMT and local has loads of players in NPC corps, the same ones, in the belts, mining away. How many roids, 0 kernite, 0 pyro, few scordite and a little more veld which they are now working on. Guess IĘm not mining again tonight. Now itĘs Tuesday and IĘm back at work, log in after DT, no one in local, great, check the belts, well the roids have decided to leave too, well their was 6 veld ones in the first belt but nothing more than 15 veld riods left in anyone of 9 belts in the system.
Well whatĘs the problem with this, for me itĘs simply, itĘs not that what I wanted to do in EVE I couldnĘt, thatĘs EVE (I do miss the day when I could chose a belt, even a low sec one and mine away to fill what ever mineral shortages I needed filling, pirates back then ransomed you and not ganked on site so low sec mining could be a laugh)
ItĘs not that these players were in NPC corps.
ItĘs not that these players might have been macro miner or not, I donĘt know if they are (looks like it thou )
ItĘs the god dam fact I can do nothing about it other than steal their ore.
If this was players in a player run corp, we could try to come to some agreement on the resources of the area, if we didnĘt, I might decide that our corp is strong enough to take them on and War dec to push them out of the area. There are options to solve this but due to them sitting in NPC corps for 7 months plus I canĘt do naff all. I canĘt have a sustained campaign against them other than steal the ore they have which doesnĘt do much really.
ItĘs really annoying. I donĘt care if they are in the game tbh as long as I can do something about it. I donĘt know how you can solve this problem but something needs to be done about the immunity that NPC corps gives to people. The only idea I can come up with is a system that allow corps to war dec individuals in NPC corps over 3 months old. Make it so itĘs only a 48hours dec on people but at least this way I can make it hard for that person or as the case is, group of persons by dec them. Make it so at corp canĘt war dec individuals in other player corp but players that sit in NPC corps, for what every reason they chose to stay in their for, and there is a host of good reason are not be immune to the hard ships of EVE and the way it allows you to resolve differences. Lets us do something about it.
Yes this is my ALT on one of my accounts
|

Wildbillace
Amarr Imperial Academy
|
Posted - 2006.09.12 22:04:00 -
[35]
Pea Smuggler - move to a new system. there are TONS of systems with tons of kernite untouched by macro miners, and its usually because they locals hunt them down with a vengeance. have fun.
|

Mjala
|
Posted - 2006.09.12 22:05:00 -
[36]
Originally by: Nanobotter Mk2 Catch 22 gets created by these farmers. See as the games grows and the economy gets inflated the players need mroe money to buy things, and thus the demand goes up and the farmers mutliply, this translates to increased subscribers which equals mroe money for the game company.
So on top of the absurdity of the lame excuse they give " well we can;t be 100% certaina dn we won;t ban unless 100% certain..." it just takes money out of thier pocket to reduce the farmers numbers. Lineage2 has a very similar economy and unfortunately goes through the very SAME pattern that EVE is. Subscriber base is growing, everything is more expensive that it used to be and unfortunetly word gets out in these 3rd world countries and the farmers MULTIPLY.
The problems always comes back to the basic flaw of the game that any old automated script can play the game as well as a player. so these people use the lowest denominator of time and the easiest most effectiv emethod to created scripted macros that auto playt eh game 23/7 making mnoney to sell.
you have no clue about the market.
|

Eralus
|
Posted - 2006.09.12 23:15:00 -
[37]
What stops people from just blowing macro miners into little tiny bits?
At least outside of empire. If you're in Empire and finding that the belts are all tapped out, well, leave empire. _____ Lifewire is a big, ugly, mean... carebear. |

Splagada
Minmatar Tides of Silence
|
Posted - 2006.09.12 23:24:00 -
[38]
Originally by: Death Kill
Originally by: Splagada what is a isk farmer??
Someone who breed and raise isk in their barn.
AH OK  -
Tides of Silence recruiting miners and overall fun people |

Ogdru Jahad
Amarr
|
Posted - 2006.09.13 01:59:00 -
[39]
Originally by: Hellspawn01 Edited by: Hellspawn01 on 12/09/2006 14:18:00
Originally by: Caleb Paine The solution is to be happy about it when you find some, grab your hauler and get rich!
\o/
If you get rich from stealing from a macro miner, you get banned aswell.
Btw, signed.
I wouldnt mind if the client had a small scanner to check if any macro proggys run in the backround to kill them.
Not really...
I petitioned a gm about it and was told they can defend thier cans. so stealing it is no problem, they can defend thier ore. Great Quotes...
INNOMINATE NIGHTMARE > Your mother is an Exotic Dancer and your Sister works in a Quafe Factory..... |

eBail Jerbal
|
Posted - 2006.09.13 11:46:00 -
[40]
Quote: I haven't encountered a macrominer who hasn't replied in Chinese text when I've repeatedly rammed their barges out of alignment :)
keep the text and get it translated if he is swearing petion him and get him banned for it
|

Miss Overlord
Gallente Garoun Investment Bank
|
Posted - 2006.09.13 11:48:00 -
[41]
talk to em in chinesse about democracy and see hw quickly they log off
|

Braaage
eXceed Inc. Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.09.13 11:57:00 -
[42]
I didn't read the whole thread just the OP, what makes me laugh is you think CCP aren't doing anything about them....
It's not just a case of banning the account or IP, these guys just sign right back up spoofing, IPs and carry on. What has to be done is the source of the farmers needs to be shut down, this takes extensive work behind the scenes and an accumulation of accounts marked for bannage then pow, all at once they go.
That's my take on it anyway! ___________________________________________ http://www.eve-tutor.com
Picture based tutorial site for EVE-Online |

DeathHauler
|
Posted - 2006.09.13 12:45:00 -
[43]
Originally by: Lucio /signed
Ban the idiots. CCP should just transfer all Chinese IP address accounts to the China cluster. Yes it looks like racial prejudice but so far I haven't encountered a macrominer who hasn't replied in Chinese text when I've repeatedly rammed their barges out of alignment :)
tbh i expected this as soon as i first heard that there was going to be a chinese cluster and for the count of daily macro activity to triple. dont mean this in a racist way but almost every chinese person ive met in RL and online always used whatever they could to win......
if any of you know any in RL ask them about "king of fighters" and if they know any infinates / game bugs they use i bet 9/10 times you'll get a yea as a response
|

Chiba Larry
|
Posted - 2006.09.13 13:00:00 -
[44]
|

Chiba Larry
|
Posted - 2006.09.13 13:01:00 -
[45]
Can I have your stuff?
Oh and uh...
I agree about kicking isk sellers and macros.
k thx.
|

Mikey Monkfish
|
Posted - 2006.09.13 13:20:00 -
[46]
Edited by: Mikey Monkfish on 13/09/2006 13:20:49 I've just had a thought....
What you need to do is have a decent ammount of ore in your cargo. Something that will attract the miners, Say, 10k Veld, then jet it in a belt that regularly has Macro Miners. They will open your can as it wont be secure and see a decent quantity of Ore, which they will pinch.
What they don't know is you will be sat near a gate just outside the system waiting for the aggression counter to start ticking....
....Here starts your 15 mins of fun 
Repeat as necessary. 
|

Saibotek
|
Posted - 2006.09.13 14:01:00 -
[47]
Pea Smuggler.... Your Story is just like mine. log in in the morn before DT Plenty of kern and other roids to pop later that night when i get back... only to find 3 covetors in noob corp all created the same day in 1/7 belts sucking the last of my plans down their ore tubes. and yup here comes their Iteron5 to completely haul away the last of my hopes for the evening. so i start trying to chat in local.. no response try to convo them in private... no response. start ramming them again no response. and they even have western style naming... no repetitive naming. so i use my second account to side up to there cans and attempt a steal.. (but dont).. now they change there deliver method to a delivery to a SS warp out and drop come in and start sucking more of my plans.... so i used my "Alt" to report them and actually got a GM response in about 15 minutes that it will be investigated...i file 2 times 1 was under Exploit and i forget what the other was... got 1 response in 15 minutes and 1 in 3 days... Havent seen them back in my area but that doesnt mean they just havent moved on. I wish the GM's would post the Bans in a Hall of Shame so those of us that do report can actually see something being done....also i have noticed they stay .6 and above dont think they can tank the rats in .5 so i still have those belts...
|

Testy Mctest
|
Posted - 2006.09.13 14:09:00 -
[48]
Look ma, I'm in a macro/farmer thread!
Scrapheap Challenge Forums - All the cool kids are doing it!
|

Nanobotter Mk2
|
Posted - 2006.09.13 15:32:00 -
[49]
"you have no clue about the market."
Huh? you have no clue what your talking about it seems. I know the market, Further more I understand the basic dynamics of player economies in games like EVE, and how easy it is for professional sellers to impact it. There is always a certain set of items that become grossly over priced because they are essentially the best items in the game, Most every one wants them, but in games like eve and lineage2 the amount of time an average player must put in to make over 300 mill to buy and outfit a hac is just too much for an average player, they end up simply saying **** on it and buying the isk, or adena instead.
Alot of times the sellers will control the supply so you get this circle... you buy the items in game from them with the ingame money you bought from them with real life money so they just keep getting the money back to resell adnaseum over and over. Make no mistake I am sure some of the people with HAC bpo are also selling ISK, mixed in with macro miners.
Anyone who know anything about EVE knows the differrence between t1 and t2 is night and day, looking at the prices and it reflects just that. So i am not sure WTF you mean when you say I have no idea about the market.... Cap1 rechargers 20,000 , cap2 recharger.....20 MILLION you will get the same kinda stupid inflation for most ever "important" mod and ship type in eve, it was very VERY bad design to put such strict limits on t2bpo it created a flase monopoly for the economy, instead the bpo should have permenant acess for ANYONE in the player base but instead have all limited runs, so you actively would need to renew/replace your blueprints for all the stuff indemand. Keeps prices at a reasonable level, prevents monopoly's and forces EVERYONE to have to actively play to produce, spreads wealth around the player base rather than not hit one bpo and retire....
Trust me people buy from ebay not becuase it is very simply and enjoyable to earn the money to buy ships and outfit them....they do it because they can't stand the idea of farming ISK for 8 hours just to buy a cap2 recharger, or 2 months for a hac....
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |