| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Altamekz
The Caravan Guards Sylph Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.10.15 18:32:00 -
[1]
Why do we have to max it out for any capital ships? Dread carries and titan all need that skill at lvl5, they are different thing I dont see the need to train that skill to lvl5.
Look at spaceship command skill, that's is more balanced for non capital ship. And if you think that this avoid everyone to have a capital ship it's wrong. Only freighter need it at lvl1 but that is not a capital ship.
Fix the requirement of Advanced Spaceship Command ( ASC )in the next patch so that:
Dread require ASC lvl2 Carrier require ASC lvl3 Mothership require ASC lvl4 Titan require ASC lvl5 ( like is now )
So what do you think?
|

Aeaus
Tharsis Security
|
Posted - 2006.10.15 19:09:00 -
[2]
Originally by: Altamekz Why do we have to max it out for any capital ships? Dread carries and titan all need that skill at lvl5, they are different thing I dont see the need to train that skill to lvl5.
Look at spaceship command skill, that's is more balanced for non capital ship. And if you think that this avoid everyone to have a capital ship it's wrong. Only freighter need it at lvl1 but that is not a capital ship.
Fix the requirement of Advanced Spaceship Command ( ASC )in the next patch so that:
Dread require ASC lvl2 Carrier require ASC lvl3 Mothership require ASC lvl4 Titan require ASC lvl5 ( like is now )
So what do you think?
Sure, as long as I get my training time back I wouldn't mind at bloody all.
|

Altamekz
The Caravan Guards Sylph Alliance
|
Posted - 2006.10.15 19:26:00 -
[3]
It's not the first time that CCP changed the skill required to use something, first thing come to my mind is Tractor Beam, anyway I'm not talking about time that is needed to fly capital ship and tbh ASC is not so hardto get to lvl5, but I'm talking about balancing the skill for the right ship.
|

Mike Yagon
Minmatar The Nest Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 08:47:00 -
[4]
The freighter is some kind of sub-capital ship.
Capital Ships have jump drives, Advanced Spaceships (Freighters) don't. I guess this is why they cut it up in two skills. One cheap, one really expensive. 
But frankly, having Adv. Spaceship Command to 5 isn't a bad idea anyway as these ships turn SLOWLY. And by SLOWLY I mean, they could race a Covetor.
------ In Carebear We Trust |

Tera Crono
Caldari Celestial Horizon Corp. Ascendant Frontier
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 19:27:00 -
[5]
It could be that CCP is using ASC as a marker for more as yet to be released advanced spaceships (Tech 3 or new classes of ships between battleships and capitals). But that's just my thought.
|

Washell Olivaw
|
Posted - 2006.10.16 21:44:00 -
[6]
You need: Jump drive skills, Jump drive fuel, another player to generate the field your jump drive locks on to, millions/billions for the skills/ships, capital ship weapons skills, capital ship equipment skills, drone/fighter skills, can't use stargates, ships are easily destroyed without a support fleet, ships are specialized for certain tasks, etc, etc.
ASC5 really is the least of your worries.
|

James Lyrus
Lyrus Associates Interstellar Starbase Syndicate
|
Posted - 2006.10.17 09:43:00 -
[7]
Because capital ships have a lot of timesink skills to be able to use stuff in them, and ASC is no different.
To use a dread correctly (And not necessarily the Correct Dread) you need at least your weapon system at 5, advanced weapon upgrades 5, repair systems/shield operation 5 (ok, you should have these anyway), Tactical shield manipulation/Hull upgrades 5, Adv. Spaceship command 5, Battleship 5. And then you find out that without Jump Calibration, you can't really go anywhere, so then you start of Jump Drive operation 5.
I think it's newbie filtering, in that only the real nutters will train up capitals in general, and dreads in particular. (AWE is a nice skill, but I probably wouldn't be training it to 5 any time soon if it weren't a prereq)
|

infraX
Caldari Corsets and Carebears Whips and Chains
|
Posted - 2006.10.18 13:37:00 -
[8]
tbh, I don't see your problem. I think carriers and dreads are very easy to get into if you are already a decent combat pilot (as you should be before you even think of getting one of these monsters). The only couple of extras that take any time are the advanced spaceship command 5 and jump drive operation 5 (you kinda need this one really) skills. All of the other prerequisite skills are fairly nice in that most people have/should have them (as I already did). So all you have to do is these 2 skills to level 5 and I'm sure nobody will laugh at you if you only have carrier 4, dread 4, capital ship 4 etc etc. The other stuff like battleship 5, drone interfacing 5, advanced weapon upgrades 5 etc etc kinda goes without saying.
How easy do you want it?
|

Rykaro
|
Posted - 2006.10.24 11:57:00 -
[9]
As I think someone else has already mentioned, it stops EVE being flooded with capital ships. Means that people will still fly other ships and so adds balance and variety to the game.
Also there's a deep seated satisfaction that moment you set your shiny new capital ship to active. You've had to train hard for that ship and you know it's worth it. No plan ever survives contact with the enemy. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |