| Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Zezman
|
Posted - 2003.11.03 04:12:00 -
[61]
Before the war I saw no less than a dozen of their members operating out of Hakonen at any one time. After the declaration of war, they fled. Now we only find a few remaining, and those who do are picking up shuttles and moving their ships out of there. This I have witnessed first hand. Apparently this "Base of Operations" is being abandoned. Funny how their corp also lists it as their HQ.
(»)(») À\Oo/ À=\/= This is Rat. It is a vermin. It has eaten all of Bunny's lettuce. |

Laust
|
Posted - 2003.11.03 04:26:00 -
[62]
I think the carebear pirates had a lovely time.
They came, they grouped, they spent a few hours pondering attacking, summoned a GM about a possible exploit, camped a gate for an hour, ganked two people trying to run the gate.
All this in 7 hours. What a lovely time must have been had by them.
Such an uber display of skills. I personally am very impressed with the fact that they could SUMMON a GM. VERY impressive.
|

Drethen Nerevitas
|
Posted - 2003.11.03 04:30:00 -
[63]
Edited by: Drethen Nerevitas on 03/11/2003 04:30:40 Official announcement for the blind:
This thread has degenerated into crap in the last few posts (*ebil glare*).
Now sod off, you can't read this if you're blind. _______________________________________________________________________
IMPORTANT: Devs (and players) please take notice. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. |

Halseth Durn
|
Posted - 2003.11.03 05:12:00 -
[64]
I'd just like to know who called for their mommy (GM Swoosh). The hipocritical tattle-tale should come forward and identify him/herself. I have a few questions.
Oberon-Inc FEAR MY EMOTICONS |

Viceroy
|
Posted - 2003.11.03 05:58:00 -
[65]
Zezman, I'm not putting down jumpin camping, or blaming the NVA because they did it. Its perfectly acceptable. We do it too. Its not an exploit.
What isnt acceptable is some people that were running around screaming "OMFG PIRATES ARE SPLOITING! TANK CEO IS TEH SUXOR! TEHY CAMP JUMPINS WITH MINES! I R LOOSING SHIP WHILE LOADING! OMFG GREIFZOR PIRATS GHEY GHEY! DIEPLS, KTHXBYE"
I think these people should now see that jumpin camping, and the use of mines/drones is used by EVERYONE, not just pirates, but also the goody-two-shoes alliances. The NVA deployed HUNDREDS of mines, for lag purposes. Ok acceptable. But the NVA will never again go around preaching about how we do it and how much we suck etc. (As some of their members have done in past) -
|

Drethen Nerevitas
|
Posted - 2003.11.03 06:02:00 -
[66]
Edited by: Drethen Nerevitas on 03/11/2003 06:03:03
Quote: The NVA deployed HUNDREDS of mines, for lag purposes. Ok acceptable. But the NVA will never again go around preaching about how we do it and how much we suck etc.
Ten isk says they will in the next month .
(Jade there may be five isk in this for you... ) _______________________________________________________________________
IMPORTANT: Devs (and players) please take notice. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. |

Viceroy
|
Posted - 2003.11.03 06:03:00 -
[67]
Quote: I think the carebear pirates had a lovely time.
They came, they grouped, they spent a few hours pondering attacking, summoned a GM about a possible exploit, camped a gate for an hour, ganked two people trying to run the gate.
All this in 7 hours. What a lovely time must have been had by them.
Such an uber display of skills. I personally am very impressed with the fact that they could SUMMON a GM. VERY impressive.
k now we turn the crap talk around:
Quote: I think the NVA carebears had a lovely time.
They came, they grouped, they spent a few hours sitting at a jumpin, got hundreds of mines to use an exploit, camped for another few hours, ganked a scorp by fortune.
All this in 7 hours. What a lovely time must have been had by them.
Such an uber display of skills. I personally am very impressed with the fact that they could lay HUNDREDS of mines. VERY impressive
its easy to be stupid you see, be civil and constructive so we can actually care for what you say, or be totally immature, trollish and stupid so we can ignore you.
And read the rest of the thread  -
|

Zezman
|
Posted - 2003.11.03 06:42:00 -
[68]
Viceroy, my point is that the pirates were refusing to fight when the opposition uses the very same tactics that the pirates use to their own advantage.
There is therefore no room for hypocrisy on either side.
(»)(») À\Oo/ À=\/= This is Rat. It is a vermin. It has eaten all of Bunny's lettuce. |

Raven DeBlade
|
Posted - 2003.11.03 06:59:00 -
[69]
We simply used a "tactic" used by Biomass in Jan and other places. And since some GMs decided it isnt an "exploit" we said, "well why dont we use it?" so we did! plain and simple!
"To hunt pirates you need time and patience, because even monkeys fall from the trees"
"Any statements made above this line are my persona" |

BlackVenom
|
Posted - 2003.11.03 07:00:00 -
[70]
Hmm havent readed all the replys snice i gotta go to school, but who won ? and yes i also only saw 16 peeps =\
|

Lilan Kahn
|
Posted - 2003.11.03 07:31:00 -
[71]
Zezman, geta grip 80% of our corperation cant move in to 0.5 to kil, and truely we cant be bothered to swat flie's, besides all the wars and the ships moveing to hakonen, only gives biomass some thing to shoot at wich they like so keep comeing!
Originally by: Eris Discordia
We break after X amount of threads, then we go wild and then we get our medication.
|

ElCoCo
|
Posted - 2003.11.03 07:44:00 -
[72]
I`m so lucky...and unlucky at the same time :o I probably saw the most action in the entire night... and that was omw to logoff :( At least I shot down your spy`s noob frig before you all pirate dudes and dudettes warped in at the jumpgate and started pounding me...*cough* JUMP OUT JUMP OUT All and all a thrilling night... made me decide to go out and get a better PC. And since it was my first involvment in a potentialy big fight I have to agree that it`s almost impossible to have them at the current state of lag/low fps (and I don`t have THAT much of an old PC) c`yall laterz
|

Miso
|
Posted - 2003.11.03 08:33:00 -
[73]
Guys, do you really not get it? Mass fleet battles are not possible in Eve ATM - so why do you keep try to have one?
To me, thats kind of, well, stupid? You know the problems, yet you still persist on trying to do it... thats a bit dumb. Why not try and fight another way for the meantime?
Just and idea.... -------------------------------------------- Dead
|

Zezman
|
Posted - 2003.11.03 09:00:00 -
[74]
You could have one person from each fleet meet at a neutral central location. And then have everyone from each fleet warp in simultaneously. That way everyone is equally lagged, and when you do have the scene loaded, you can fight it out, and best fleet wins.
(»)(») À\Oo/ À=\/= This is Rat. It is a vermin. It has eaten all of Bunny's lettuce. |

Kane Jacobs
|
Posted - 2003.11.03 09:05:00 -
[75]
@ Viceroy and the rest of the fleet: You did jump in and I believe you all thought you would land ontop of the NVA fleet with the knowledge of what to expect, that took guts...
Salutes. ______________________________________________
On a little sidenote... I bet Tansien is pleased.. I know I was  _______________________________________________
|

Havocide
|
Posted - 2003.11.03 11:18:00 -
[76]
Edited by: Havocide on 03/11/2003 11:31:58 Edited by: Havocide on 03/11/2003 11:31:39 This is the whole situation on a stick 
We massed, still outnumbered by the NVA, after some discussion we decided to go into p-f expecting to land in the biggest hell hole of torps,laser fire and explosions this game has ever seen. Before we jumped we said anyone who isnt willing to risk it to leave, no1 left.
We jumped in as a huge fleet (40+ ships?) only for the first brave few to find an empty jumpin point after 2-3 mins of loading. I for one dont know if there was a different JIP from n-q5 than from hp-a, maybe the gm moved it as some rumoured, we really dont know!
We then took control of the main gate into venal, the hp-a stargate thus cutting the venal force from their home. We waited and waited for them to attack as they still had the larger numbers and the ability to gang warp to us, no attack came so we got bored realising they were just gona sit at their camped JIP.
We moved down a few systems to where we thought the FA groups of 10 or so BS were situated, they as expected all ran to a safepoint, after this we moved a few more systems towards home, at this point i logged so my account of last nights (fun?) stops there.
Well played to everyone on our side who took that huge risk jumping to p-f and those who stood by our side (SI,Zomb,10kAD,M0O,TLBC,TDG) I am proud to call you allies.
(there were 1s and 2s from other corps so sorry if i left you out!)
I dont think there is much more to say on the matter, we took the attack to the NVA only to find a different JIP (good or bad who knows? hehe) and that was all that really happened, they wouldnt warp to us to fight (quite even odds) but im not gona ***** on that. Maybe when ccp fixes the mechanics a bit we may see some real fleet engagments 
|

KIAEddZ
|
Posted - 2003.11.03 11:25:00 -
[77]
Havocide, you'll be pleased to know, you were KIAs primary target :)
Damn I wish the battle had happened. ;(
http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=176347
www.kia-corp.co.uk/killboard
CEO of KIA Corp - Been doing it for the Laydeez since 1993, now we i |

XpoHoc
|
Posted - 2003.11.03 11:28:00 -
[78]
Quote: Well played to everyone on our side who took that huge risk jumping to p-f and those who stood by our side (SI,Zomb,10kAD,M0O,TLBC) I am proud to call you allies.
I know... it's just a 2 men corp yet, but I risked the same like all the others did, so please don't forget [TDG]... thx 
 |

KIAHicks
|
Posted - 2003.11.03 12:23:00 -
[79]
The thing is, there was no way we'd attack you. Gang warping to the gate was out of the question.. why?
well first off, we'd suffer lag from your drones. Admitably not as much as you coming to us, but lag none the less.
Second, your team will all have had their sensor modules running, hardeners etc so your lock times will have been much faster. Combo that with the lag and thats a lot of our ships out of the action.
Finally gang warping is crap, you can only warp to icons you cannot warp to bookmarks. We would have come out of warp around 20k from the gate, the majority of ships would not be at their optimarl range. Where as bio would have had plenty of time to arrange their fleets to optimal range from the direction we'd warp in.
and yes I'm fully aware all the above can be reversed with bio replaced by nva and vice-versa. However since we were the defensive force there was no reason for us to give up an advantagous position.
This is the situation that has occured in combat for many many battles now, not just with bio but all the way back to fighting tti and prior to that fighting evol and fa.
The team who holds their position has a huge advantage. They get to lock their targets quicker due to their modules been active. They get to resist more damage due to their modules been already active. They have their entire fleet ready as opposed to a few loading at a time.
BTW I'm not blaming bio or nva for last night. I'm blaming the game for making this possible. So long as players can have an advantage by staying still, I beleive they will continue to do so.
TBH I don't know if I'm going to bother taking part in combat for a while as I've become very disalusioned by it. If its not standoffs between large fleets, its anhialation due to lag by one fleet (which is how nva lost so many ships before when they left and then returned to attack bio. They lagged and died very quickly. A mistake I doubt anyone wanted to repeat). If its a smaller battle you get players warping around using their invulnerability and then logging.
To say the least combat really sucks atm.
and finally why is it these posts always desend into flame wars? BIO did nothing wrong last night. NVA did nothing wrong last night. This shouldn't be pirates vs the rest of eve in a forum battle, we all play the same game, we all want a better game... why is it only some people can see that and the rest want to flame ?
Keenon: "After sitting in the system for FIVE hours without even a (go away)"...
|

Cochise
|
Posted - 2003.11.03 12:27:00 -
[80]
Edited by: Cochise on 13/11/2003 12:01:18 Well I had a good time so thanks to all. Shame it didnt work out better. I agree this game needs a ton of work in the Combat Department much of which is simple to fix. Its been a mystery to me for along time why this seems to be such a huge problem to CCP. 
Oh and let me say Bravo to all of the NVA for the rapid deployment of the massive fleet, We Rock   
|

Mongo Peck
|
Posted - 2003.11.03 12:45:00 -
[81]
Edited by: Mongo Peck on 03/11/2003 12:47:58
If you weren't at the battle ... start your own thread ...
As for the people there (both sides) respect !!!
Firstly to the guys in the attacking force (like myself) who jumped into (what we thought) was a heavly defended, mined lagged hole of death ...... I counted 187 secs for my system to load.
Secondly to the NVA who had the balls to stand up to us.
Yes this could have been the best battles of all time (depending on your side) but I totally agree that CCP needs to URGENTLY sort out the combat system.
CCP WAKE UP A LISTEN TO THE CUSTOMERS...
Mongo speaks !!
|

TMX
|
Posted - 2003.11.03 12:47:00 -
[82]
You guys didnt sent a alt throught the gate first?  ------------------------------------------- Live fast die young, clone and take revenge! |

Mongo Peck
|
Posted - 2003.11.03 12:48:00 -
[83]
We didn't send a alt through first ... Mongo speaks !!
|

Havocide
|
Posted - 2003.11.03 12:58:00 -
[84]
Quote: You guys didnt sent a alt throught the gate first? 
i had my alt sit by planet 5 and scan exactly what they had, our fleet commander knew exactly what we were jumping into, last report before jumping
29 bs 14 cruisers 5 frigates
although that wasnt the peak of the NVA force they had +5 to each ship type 10 mins before that
(not gona write numbers of drones and mines, but it was quite large)
|

KIAInkZ
|
Posted - 2003.11.03 13:12:00 -
[85]
I'll post some screenies of local when i get home.
I think it was my most nerve racking night of eve ever.
Looking at the map was absolutley incredible seeing the different fleets moving. Real breath taking stuff. I thought i was gonna have a heart attack and die the rate it was beating. 
---
Forums/Killboard - http://www.kia-corp.co.uk |

Jade Constantine
|
Posted - 2003.11.03 13:14:00 -
[86]
I'd just like to say thanks to everyone for keeping this thread civil and respectful (in the main) and I think we are mostly entirely united in wanting ccp to fix the combat system for the better so that this kind of battle can actually happen in times to come.
Now I missed the occassion myself (was having a candlelit dinner ;) But heard all about it and did speak to a number of people about the issues and aftermath, and hence my initial post and personal feeling that all that happened with the "moved" jumpin is not really anything suitable to make in-game political mileage out of.
I think the Biomass leaders played this honestly, I think our leaders played this honestly, and both sides with the current rules and pragmatic strategies available to people in the game.
Bravo to Biomass for jumping into what they thought was "the valley of death"
And Bravo to all the NVA pilots;
Quote: 29 bs 14 cruisers 5 frigates
(and more)
That had the courage to stand and face the invaders that annihilated our fleet last time they came. To see the NVA coming back stronger than ever one week after the biggest one-sided fleet defeat in the history of eve was true grit and amazing fighting spirit. I was very very proud to call you guys my alliance allies and companions in the wake of that.
So ... It wasn't the most amazing fleet battle of all time ... but it may have been the almost fleet battle that sent a wake up call to ccp about the issues that need urgently fixing for this game to become the game we want it to be.
Love and peace
(131 pilots in local! wow)
JF Public Forum |

dalman
|
Posted - 2003.11.03 13:31:00 -
[87]
Quote: Glad to see the map is as accurate as ever..
showed about 30 pilots in space total for 2 systems...

Map isn't accurate when local goes past 10 or something like that. If the map shows 13 local, expect at least 30.
"Halfway across the galaxy". hmm? I'm pretty sure only SA and FA can say they've done that. And FA could say the've went across all of the galaxy to hunt enemies.
M.I.A. since 2004-07-30 |

Maud Dib
|
Posted - 2003.11.03 13:43:00 -
[88]
Quote: Edited by: Mongo Peck on 03/11/2003 12:47:58
If you weren't at the battle ... start your own thread ...
As for the people there (both sides) respect !!!
Firstly to the guys in the attacking force (like myself) who jumped into (what we thought) was a heavly defended, mined lagged hole of death ...... I counted 187 secs for my system to load.
Secondly to the NVA who had the balls to stand up to us.
Yes this could have been the best battles of all time (depending on your side) but I totally agree that CCP needs to URGENTLY sort out the combat system.
CCP WAKE UP A LISTEN TO THE CUSTOMERS...
Yeah I was in the NVA/FA trailing force and from what I can tell everybody involved deserves respect. It could have been awesome. Any ideas on improving the combat system?
|

MaiLina KaTar
|
Posted - 2003.11.03 13:44:00 -
[89]
Someone point a CCP dev to this thread and tell him to fix the damn game. kthnxbye.
Mai's Idealog |

ElCoCo
|
Posted - 2003.11.03 14:02:00 -
[90]
Quote:
Quote: You guys didnt sent a alt throught the gate first? 
i had my alt sit by planet 5 and scan exactly what they had, our fleet commander knew exactly what we were jumping into, last report before jumping
What was your alt? Uberwoman or that other one I podded...hehe funnychase around planets :) How heroic of me to kill a noob frig with my domi ofcourse no need to answer that.
Again congrats to all parties involved and a big thanx to Draconic Industries for letting me be part of the team. (I myself might have been very skeptical to invite a 3day old corpmate-even with a BS- to such an engagement)
It`s really REALLY hard to coordinate a major battle even with teamspeak... asside from lag/low fps issues targetting is a pain! could we at least get flashy red/yellow/****ty color indicators ON hostile ships even if they are not firing/targetting and not just the threat thingy?...At least color the ppl of the gang like the corpmates. Just a thought ...prolly been said before
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |