| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

Agemmemnon
|
Posted - 2006.10.26 13:44:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Agemmemnon on 26/10/2006 13:46:20
Ello all
I am a pacifist and a miner by trade, do you think there is room in Eve's galaxy for honest workers like Me? Every place I look poeple are killing and being killed, and this is being encouraged be the cloning corp's. I see that I can't stop people killing its due to there genetic failings, and the cloning corp's know this but do nothing to stop it why? Because to do so would put them out of work. So I ask you is there any little corner of Eve's galaxy that I could call home and does not smell of death in my minds eye.
Age
I bring thee Pax |

Rodj Blake
Amarr PIE Inc.
|
Posted - 2006.10.26 14:02:00 -
[2]
Edited by: Rodj Blake on 26/10/2006 14:01:46
If the lesser races accepted their inferiority and agreed to Amarrian leadership, there would be peace throughout the galaxy.
Dulce et decorum est, pro imperator mori |

Jurskjeld
Minmatar Pator Tech School
|
Posted - 2006.10.26 14:05:00 -
[3]
Not in the free lands, no - unless you wish to become part of a stronger alliance, seeking membership with one of their dedicated mining and trading corporations. I know a few large ones have those, seek contact with those if you wish to travel away from the populated Empire, Republic, Federation and State. Seek the numbered systems, where friends are friends. Your only peace there is that given to you by the escorts, but still, you don't need to be a prisoner anymore. Still a slave, but roaming free. -- Amarr scum be pushing gas, Caldari dogs are kissing their ***.
Gallente and Minmatar together stand forever as the holy band. |

Agemmemnon
|
Posted - 2006.10.26 14:23:00 -
[4]
Originally by: Rodj Blake
If the lesser races accepted their inferiority and agreed to Amarrian leadership, there would be peace throughout the galaxy.
If all races thought none were lesser there would be peace. I bring thee Pax |

Kaleigh Doyle
Rho Dynamics
|
Posted - 2006.10.26 14:27:00 -
[5]
The universe isn't an easy place to live in, regardless of your personal beliefs or profession. If you're looking for the safety of CONCORD(and that's debatable...), a higher security system will afford you such protection. However, fortune favors the bold and those that learn to how to properly evade many of the hazards of dangerous space will find life both rewarding and satisfying.
Loyal friends and allies also helps considerably.
|

Agemmemnon
|
Posted - 2006.10.26 14:45:00 -
[6]
I don't seek safety as such I seek only peace. My path in Eve's galaxy is one that has no need of killing of any being. Even when attacked by the other races, I evade or stand fast against there onslaughts. All I see are pod pilot's killing without fear of death, Eve's sociaties and industries are geared towards this end. Its a cycle that has no end, a wheel of death that is turning faster and faster. There must be a wheel of peace? A counter to deaths wheel.
Age
I bring thee Pax |

Kaleigh Doyle
Rho Dynamics
|
Posted - 2006.10.26 15:02:00 -
[7]
Mm, well best wishes and all that.
Personally, I'd settle for inner peace, but then again I hate being disappointed. You've got your work cut out for you.
|

GoGo Yubari
Sharks With Frickin' Laser Beams Mercenary Coalition
|
Posted - 2006.10.26 15:27:00 -
[8]
Kaleigh hits the nail on the head, really. There's no possible way to bring about or force a general peace as it would eliminate the very concept itself, so there is no path to universal peace that we can find. All you can do is find happiness for yourself.
Our world isn't moved by calm hearts, however. It's ruled by base passions and as long as humans follow their call, there will never be peace. In the mean time, I will be happy to profit from the strife that arises around us, but all that turmoil will never truly touch the still parts of my soul and so, in fleeting moments of shared freedom and happiness, I'll be fulfilled with no need for a universal or ever-lasting peace.
|

Viktor Fyretracker
Caldari Worms Corp
|
Posted - 2006.10.26 15:58:00 -
[9]
War cant be stopped, there is allways something someone wants that someone else has. even when they agree to share it one party allways ends up wanting more and will come to arms to get it.
|

Rana Ash
Minmatar Aeon Trinity
|
Posted - 2006.10.26 16:14:00 -
[10]
So you does'nt even fight back against the pirates that infest the roid belts?.
¦on Trinity is recruting, inquire within for details lyret dedreen
|

Agemmemnon
|
Posted - 2006.10.26 21:53:00 -
[11]
Originally by: Rana Ash So you does'nt even fight back against the pirates that infest the roid belts?.
No need to with T2 modules I can tank without the need to kill. We kill because I believe there is a gentic defect in us that only shows itself after we have died and taken a new clone. Why don't the cloning corp's fix this? Is it because they make more isk from us killing each other? I just wonder if it them that are turning the wheel of death.
Age
I bring thee Pax |

Camar
Stormriders
|
Posted - 2006.10.26 23:38:00 -
[12]
I would not call it a genetic defect, more it lies within our nature or cultural heritage.
There are several reasons why someone would murder or kill, greed being just one of them. As the elit we are not bound by anything in this vast universe except the strains we put upon ourselves.
Immense wealth and power has always been the source of war and the cause of insanity, or any combination of them that you wish to combine.
And no matter that cause or "side you decide to "fight" for", there will always be another side that will oppose it to defend themselves and their way of life.
|

Ly'sol
Caldari Deep Core Mining Inc.
|
Posted - 2006.10.27 00:33:00 -
[13]
So long fools follow blind idealogies, there will always be conflict. From defineing each other in terms that seek to box package and ship humans to a preset cultural role. Tribal warfare will always be there. Goals turn from future plans to idealogically writs of dogma without people ever realise they are diving down the precipise of a closed mind and cold heart.
They soon once they are inside this cycle, will only identify others who share thier beliefs to even qualify as human. While others that dont, are just names which can have no meaning except the question "What can be gained from these cattle?"
Should a human removed from the cycle...they feel as though they have no place outside the world they became dependant on.
Dogmatic idealoigies of that attempt to prevent your freedom in any form are dangerous. Because behind the viel of acceptance and community lies an agenda for you to suit the needs of the few. Beware those that wish to label you as "miner", "pirate", "Freespacer", "Cleric". "Soldier" or "Citizen." for they wish to box you into thier definitions so that you may be processed and catagorized so they may answer the question, "What can be gained from these cattle?"
You want peace? Remove these ideas of banding together in any form for a common purpose other than simple social community. Do not attempt to carve your empire in the stars by drawing lines between them and stomping out those who do not share your views. Seek to find those who are not seperated between social class and function. Seek those who are not the CEO, Directors, Spin Doctors, Warriors, Producers. No matter where you go, such a neutral term shall immedately invoke a sense of ease to those who understand its meaning. And so long you keep true to that meaning, you will gain the one commodity in the star cluster that is accepted by all. Look for people who will give you only one label, one that will be your first and last. And it is,
Comrade.
When you see that you have the freedom to do whatever you wish so long you do not fall prey to the seductive tongues of those who wish to use you and you hold true to the meaning of that word. Then you can walk admist the battlefields in safty knowing that these are just not mad men who slaughter themselves. But lost brothers who are brainwashed into the control of capitalist dictators seeking thier own fame and fortune at others expense.
Click here for Lysol's Linky Library-last updated 8AUG06 |

Agemmemnon
|
Posted - 2006.10.27 08:29:00 -
[14]
Originally by: Camar I would not call it a genetic defect, more it lies within our nature or cultural heritage.
You are right but miss the point thats its only after we pod pilots gain a new clone do we set ourselves on the path of killing. I don't balieve this is because of our need for revenge, its because the new clones are defective! Why don't the clone corp's admit there is a fualt. Is it because they will lose face are isk?
Age I bring thee Pax |

Agemmemnon
|
Posted - 2006.10.27 08:38:00 -
[15]
Edited by: Agemmemnon on 27/10/2006 08:40:28
Originally by: Ly'sol
Should a human removed from the cycle...they feel as though they have no place outside the world they became dependant on.
Quote:
Ly'sol your words ring true in the cycle of life we live. I see things simply and know in my heart that killing is simply wrong. This knowledge is the one tennant that sets me free from my dependancy on the cycle of killing that turns deaths wheel.
Age I bring thee Pax
|

Cipher7
Sebiestor tribe
|
Posted - 2006.10.27 11:56:00 -
[16]
I don't see why not.
Everyone outside of Concord controlled space isn't a combatant, there are miners, industrialists, traders etc.
There will always be danger lurking around every corner. You will have to be smart, and keep your navigation skills sharp, but you can survive without ever firing your guns in anger.
If that's the moral victory in your eyes, so be it.
As far as safety? It doesn't exist anywhere, not in Concord-controlled space, not even an Amarrian Emperor lives in complete safety. Perfect safety does not exist.
|

Camar
Stormriders
|
Posted - 2006.10.27 19:51:00 -
[17]
Mr. Agemmemnon, I have killed a great many in my days and has of yet never been cloned...
|

Ashturi Nagano
LeM Enterprises
|
Posted - 2006.10.27 21:41:00 -
[18]
Edited by: Ashturi Nagano on 27/10/2006 21:43:02 Agemmemnon, While I don't wish to, quite, disabuse you of your...interesting notions, I must say that your almost unfathomably naive view of the world is quite fascinating. You ask if "there is room in Eve's galaxy for honest workers like [you]?"
Of course there are. All you need to do is subsume yourself in serving another, far more capable person than yourself. Your only task at that point is to please your new master. Very peaceful, I am sure.
But another thing struck me as odd. You assert that there is a genetic deformation that causes greater aggression in those who have been transported into clone bodies. You call this a "mistake" and wonder if the clone companies will ever confess to the error. Why do you think this is an error? Do you not think that at least ONE of the clone companies would not have solved this issue if it were in "error?"
You apparently have access to information that I do not or, at least, have not seen. However, if this IS true, then it can be no less than a conspiracy. One of which I heartily approve, I might add, as I'm sure their margins are quite high.
And Camar? One does not have to be a clone to be damaged. Please remember that. Even parents accidentally drop their children. ----- "Sometimes I amaze even myself. Well, not so much 'amaze' as 'worry,' or 'freak out.' But occasionally, I'm able to work 'amaze' in there." |

Synapse Archae
Amarr Solarflare Heavy Industries
|
Posted - 2006.10.27 23:10:00 -
[19]
Edited by: Synapse Archae on 27/10/2006 23:11:36 Pacifism only seems to fail here in eve because of its open nature.
In essence, Why would someone not take things from you, if you have something of value?
Find a way around that problem, and I imagine the entire galaxy will be pacifist in short order, and I can see not one but SEVERAL adonis prizes in your future.
---------------------------------------------
http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=349194&page=1Redo Fleets[/ur |

Agemmemnon
|
Posted - 2006.10.28 00:55:00 -
[20]
Originally by: Synapse Archae In essence, Why would someone not take things from you, if you have something of value? [/quote
I value life in others above all else and compaired to this there possessions mean little to me. All it needs is others to think like me and the killing will stop. I don't balieve that we will not be tempted, but the without killing there will be other ways to gain what we disire in our lives.
Age
I bring thee Pax
|

Agemmemnon
|
Posted - 2006.10.28 01:19:00 -
[21]
Edited by: Agemmemnon on 28/10/2006 01:20:16
Originally by: Ashturi Nagano I must say that your almost unfathomably naive view of the world is quite fascinating.
I may be naive Ashturi. But I may simply, not be corrupted by the cycle of death that nearly all are following naively! From the first day we enter this galaxy we are guided to kill and possess others possessions and will's. You talk of a conspiracy well I don't think its that simple. The cloning corp's have blinkered and corrupted there reasoning to suite the dynamics that fuel there shareholders demands for more isk and power. Its a cycle that has no end, it just keeps turning like a wheel of death. For every bit of matter there is anttimater, for every turn of deaths wheel there MUST a counter. I see in me life and this is part of the wheel of life. Its a small part and I only ask too seek out the cycle of life free of death's wheel. It must be out there someplace, musn't it?
Age
I bring thee Pax |

Vlada Milani
Caldari Science and Trade Institute
|
Posted - 2006.10.28 01:26:00 -
[22]
Please, be reasonable. Your theory regarding the cloning corporations casts your sanity into question. There has been violent conflict for far longer than cloning technology has been available. People are born that way and must aspire to find peace.
"Every civilization must negotiate compromises with its own sense of morality." |

Agemmemnon
|
Posted - 2006.10.28 11:15:00 -
[23]
Originally by: Vlada Milani Please, be reasonable. Your theory regarding the cloning corporations casts your sanity into question. There has been violent conflict for far longer than cloning technology has been available. People are born that way and must aspire to find peace.
Believing that killing is wrong is not insane and we are not born to kill as you suggest. There used to be a wheel of life that was balanced, there was death but with it was life as its counter cycle. The cloning corp's have done a wanderfull thing for us in prolonging the good and bad in us. But at the same time he have devalued our lives. When cloning was introduce to the masses the wheel of life split and deformed itself into a seperate cycle of death that is geneticly fueling itself every time we reclone. The true wheel of life we can all see in us. The great responeses from others to my questions are testemant to this. What has happened to the cycle of life thats been disgarded?
Age
I bring thee Pax |

Tecam Hund
Jericho Fraction The Star Fraction
|
Posted - 2006.10.28 11:28:00 -
[24]
Agemmemnon, you should seek contact with Jove. I hear they have ways to "fix" certain "genetic failings". Their society must be perfectly ballanced with no need for such primitive instincts as killing. Never mind the side effects, you get used to them.
Since you are above murder, they might even want to add you to their deteriorating gene pool.
|

Koshmarnaya Akula
The Thule Society
|
Posted - 2006.10.28 17:06:00 -
[25]
Good Luck.
You have a noble wish.
|

Jenny Spitfire
Caldari
|
Posted - 2006.10.28 19:26:00 -
[26]
Pay me ISKs weekly and you can be a pacifist as much as you want. --------- It's great being a Caldari, ain't it?
Technica impendi Caldari generis. Pax Caldaria! |

Agemmemnon
|
Posted - 2006.10.28 23:53:00 -
[27]
Edited by: Agemmemnon on 28/10/2006 23:53:36
Originally by: Tecam Hund Agemmemnon, you should seek contact with Jove. I hear they have ways to "fix" certain "genetic failings". Their society must be perfectly ballanced with no need for such primitive instincts as killing. Never mind the side effects, you get used to them.
Since you are above murder, they might even want to add you to their deteriorating gene pool.
The Jove! do you realy balieve they hold the key? Somehow I don't think they cut us off from there space because they had a deteriorating gene pool. I think the Jove are protecting there gene pool from our defective one.
Age
I bring thee Pax |

Andreus Ixiris
Gallente Lucky Hydra Corp The Guardian Coalition
|
Posted - 2006.10.29 00:37:00 -
[28]
Originally by: Rodj Blake If the lesser races accepted their inferiority and agreed to Amarrian leadership, there would be peace throughout the galaxy.
Fool. Get out of my sight, you lowly loyalist dog. If we submitted to Amarrian leadership there might be an end to inter-empire violence but there would be abject suffering under your undemocratic, oligarchical travesty of a so-called "government".
I spit on you and your blind, godless people.
|

Taoza
|
Posted - 2006.10.29 02:53:00 -
[29]
The violence fuels your wealth from mining, the vast majority of mined materials go towards building combat ships and their armorments. I do not condone the violence, nor the destruction caused by mining itself. Resources are quite plentiful now, but are finite, with certain types threatened to be depleted in out life times. Not only are asteroid belts ravaged, but entire moons and even planets. Is that a good thing? I ask you, is mining truely an honnest trade?
Best regards.
|

Camar
Stormriders
|
Posted - 2006.10.29 03:34:00 -
[30]
Mr. Andreus Ixiris, do you speak of on behalf of all your alliance? A bit too much mead have been...
But it would indeed be interestingt to see and view if your whole alliance share the same views as you do, cause it would perhaps prevent accidents from happening in certain parts of space (Yes, We DO set people to Blue at times)
|

Andreus Ixiris
Gallente Lucky Hydra Corp The Guardian Coalition
|
Posted - 2006.10.29 16:09:00 -
[31]
Originally by: Camar Mr. Andreus Ixiris, do you speak of on behalf of all your alliance? A bit too much mead have been...
But it would indeed be interestingt to see and view if your whole alliance share the same views as you do, cause it would perhaps prevent accidents from happening in certain parts of space (Yes, We DO set people to Blue at times)
Could you restate your request in slightly more clear terms? There's rather a mess of suppositions and oddities in there which makes it look like a direct threat. If it is a threat, let me say that whatever views our Alliance holds, we are well-equipped to answer threats to us.
|

Camar
Stormriders
|
Posted - 2006.10.29 19:06:00 -
[32]
I was under the influence of alcohol...but a threat?
I reread what I had stated and it kinda more looks like: Hey, if yer whole alliance got your views we were kinda offering to setting positive standings in order to prevent accidents from happening in and around amarr space. (If "we'd" ever meet in those parts of eve)
|

Andreus Ixiris
Gallente Lucky Hydra Corp The Guardian Coalition
|
Posted - 2006.10.29 19:11:00 -
[33]
Currently I'm operating in safe space out in Gallente reigon, but do you work around the Metropolis/Forge area? I'm sure that my coalition wouldn't be adverse to a Non-Aggression Pact with you, if that's what you desire.
|

Za Po
Caldari
|
Posted - 2006.10.30 15:32:00 -
[34]
Umm..? I've killed lots of people before being cloned. And even then, it was a jump clone. I'm using my original body right now, but I don't feel any less need to take out pirates and enemies of the State. Your theory of cloning increasing aggressiveness seems to be unsubstantiated.
But, to your original question... you can easily make a living without the need for violence in most high-security systems.
Though, to be completely honest, that "peace" is maintained thanks to CONCORD's constant threat of pod captains with overwhelming force. Looking down on violence while enjoying CONCORD's protection would seem hypocritical at best.
|

Dutarro
Kydance Radiant Industries Interstellar Starbase Syndicate
|
Posted - 2006.10.30 15:36:00 -
[35]
Agemmemnon, I salute your steadfast commitment to non-violence. Good luck to you in your quest to find (or create?) a peaceful corner of the universe.
As for the bloodthirsty nature of many capsuleers, perhaps it is because so many pod pilots are trained at a young age, given near immortality and an arsenal of weapons before developing the conscience to use them responsibly. *opinions stated are not necessarily those of my corporation or alliance |

Agemmemnon
|
Posted - 2006.10.30 16:26:00 -
[36]
Dutarro
Thank you. Your support is good to hear from another sane being. The bloodthirsty nature of many capsuleers as you call it is due to the genetics and the way we are all nurtured. It is not exclusively one or the other but the genetic balance is disrupted by the deformaties in the clones, that is my balief based on the behaviour of most pod pilots. Again thank you for your support.
Age I bring thee Pax |

Agemmemnon
|
Posted - 2006.10.30 16:33:00 -
[37]
Edited by: Agemmemnon on 30/10/2006 16:34:30
Originally by: Taoza The violence fuels your wealth from mining, the vast majority of mined materials go towards building combat ships and their armorments.
I ask you, is mining truely an honnest trade?
Best regards.
What can I say to this is? If was a dirt farmer you would say I am producing food for the armies that kill. Taoza if you could suggest a new trade or a more enlightened path for me to follow then I would my friend. Just know I follow my trade as a miner, I never said I was perfect but at least I am trying and that I believe is what counts on the wheel of life.
AGe I bring thee Pax |

Vertigel Symorain
Gallente
|
Posted - 2006.10.30 20:12:00 -
[38]
Even if someone might protest this (Amarr) we are all of the same species. Namely Homo Sapiens Sapiens. Even from the dwan of mankind, having wealth and posessions has been a measure of fitness and success. Only the most cunning and strong would have the ability to be wealthy, and wealth has been a deciding factor to who is going to get ones genes passed on to the next generation, wich is the ultimate goal of life.
This selfish gene is still in our genome, and drives us to obtain as much wealth as we can. Our social nature make us work together to obtain even more wealth. At this stage ideologies starts to form, and the members of the groups think their ideologies and ideas are superior to others. This is the key event. The member of the group starts to beleive that individuals outside the group are lesser then themselves, and therefore they are not as important. taking away the outsiders wealth to improve ones own is accepted, as it shows you are the stronger and more cunning, and therefore better suited to pass your genes into the next generation. From this, the step to violence and finally murder is a small one. The introduction of cloning makes it even smaller, but it's not due to a defect in the clones, but rather a heritage from our ancestors. The drive to own or posess is a strong one, resulting in many tragedies, but ultimately it's the force of life. By rejecting it, you are in essence rejecting yourself and your own life and your right to exist. -VS- |

Agemmemnon
|
Posted - 2006.10.30 20:57:00 -
[39]
Originally by: Vertigel Symorain
From this, the step to violence and finally murder is a small one.
Quote:
The step is a very large one, off a cliff into darkness Symorain. You are blinded by your genetic past and cannot see the depth of the that one step. Many of you had said that we are what we are because of our genes and we kill because we have to, and have done so before and after our first clones. Just remember we are not just made up of genes but also of memories we have histories that are surrounded by the cycle of death that fuels itself and it turns a little with each death. I am not saying you are wrong after all with your deformed genes and histories you cannot see any other path to follow so I am not trying to change you. But there must be some being out there in Eve's galaxy that knows of a path of light one that will let me follow the cycle of life.
Age
I bring thee Pax
|

Novan Leon
Caldari Goat Raiders
|
Posted - 2006.10.30 21:11:00 -
[40]
There will always be the struggle between good and evil. To be a pacifist is to accept that you will never actively belong to either, and thus, always be subject to one or the other.
Only those willing to fight can truly forge their own way in this world, unless your way doesn't mind dying.
|

Dutarro
Kydance Radiant Industries Interstellar Starbase Syndicate
|
Posted - 2006.10.30 21:22:00 -
[41]
Originally by: Vertigel Symorain ...The drive to own or posess is a strong one, resulting in many tragedies, but ultimately it's the force of life. By rejecting it, you are in essence rejecting yourself and your own life and your right to exist.
To paraphrase your argument, you claim: - violence is sufficient to obtain wealth - wealth is necessary to sustain life - therefore, violence is necessary to sustain life
This argument is fallacious. The conclusion would only be correct if violence were necessary to obtain wealth, which it is not.
*opinions stated are not necessarily those of my corporation or alliance |

Able Citizen
True Core
|
Posted - 2006.10.30 21:33:00 -
[42]
Edited by: Able Citizen on 30/10/2006 21:33:38 Aye, my brother. There is plenty of room for you.
Sadly, many of those who roam the galaxy seek only mayhem and destruction. Their sole objective is to kill others. While there may be a genetic inferiority that could be to blame, the true reason is a cultural one.
However, there are those of us who have sought after loftier goals than these. We may need to use conflict to advance our agendas when it is forced upon us, but the noble ideals of Sansha Kuvakei and the Nation live on in the nether regions of the cluster. Our dream of a Utopian state where one is free to pursue the disciplines they desire for the good of all mankind is somewhat esoteric, but it appears to me that you have already found a higher plane of existence. You may be ready to learn what the Nation wishes all to come to understand.
|

Aria Jenneth
Caldari APEX Unlimited
|
Posted - 2006.10.31 00:02:00 -
[43]
Originally by: Able Citizen You may be ready to learn what the Nation wishes all to come to understand.
... that people become quite peaceful if you pack their craniums with behavior modification implants and render them incapable of independent thought.
Oh, yes, and that "Ravisher" is a really great name for a battlecruiser class, because *****is such a wonderfully enlightened activity. And the prize for worst warship name ever goes to ...
Add to this such ships as the "Demon," "Butcher," "Misshape," and "Servant," and one begins to imagine the Nation as a they are more properly seen: a madman's drooling distortion of rational thought, first half-realized and then quite properly struck down.
If only this lot would stay struck.
|

Agemmemnon
|
Posted - 2006.10.31 10:48:00 -
[44]
Edited by: Agemmemnon on 31/10/2006 10:48:43
Originally by: Novan Leon
A)There will always be the struggle between good and evil.
B)To be a pacifist is to accept that you will never actively belong to either, and thus, always be subject to one or the other.
C)Only those willing to fight can truly forge their own way in this world, unless your way doesn't mind dying.
A) The struggle is no longer balanced. With clones being used, good and evil are no longer turning within the same cycle.
B) To be a pacifist is do be part of the cycle of life and not death its the counter balance to killing without the will to stop
C) To forge your way through this life is to force others to your why of life dictated by your genetic and social heritage. Your reasoning is not sound and sadly blinkered.
Age
I bring thee Pax |

Darina Rea
True Core
|
Posted - 2006.10.31 13:19:00 -
[45]
Originally by: Aria Jenneth Oh, yes, and that "Ravisher" is a really great name for a battlecruiser class, because *****is such a wonderfully enlightened activity. And the prize for worst warship name ever goes to ...
... The Caldari State. Really, pick a kind of bird, any bird when you design a ship and name it after that. What's the inspiration behind that? Nothing! I bet the guy who got to name the ships threw darts at a paper written with names.
By all means, serve a bunch of good for nothing managers whoes only goal in life is to wringes as much ISK out of their Citizens as they possibly can.
_________
Time is on our side. |

Aria Jenneth
Caldari APEX Unlimited
|
Posted - 2006.10.31 17:57:00 -
[46]
Your honor, this Sansha's ... person has just announced that she'd rather fly a ship named after a rapist than one named after a bird.
I rest my case.
|

Novan Leon
Goat Raiders
|
Posted - 2006.10.31 21:43:00 -
[47]
Originally by: Agemmemnon Edited by: Agemmemnon on 31/10/2006 10:48:43
Originally by: Novan Leon
A)There will always be the struggle between good and evil.
B)To be a pacifist is to accept that you will never actively belong to either, and thus, always be subject to one or the other.
C)Only those willing to fight can truly forge their own way in this world, unless your way doesn't mind dying.
A) The struggle is no longer balanced. With clones being used, good and evil are no longer turning within the same cycle.
B) To be a pacifist is do be part of the cycle of life and not death its the counter balance to killing without the will to stop
C) To forge your way through this life is to force others to your why of life dictated by your genetic and social heritage. Your reasoning is not sound and sadly blinkered.
Age
This is meaningless philosophical jibber-jabber that sounds good to the ear but which means nothing.
Turning within the same cycle? Cycle of life? Fighting equals forcing others to your way of life? Only if my way includes living!
|

Agemmemnon
|
Posted - 2006.11.02 15:21:00 -
[48]
Originally by: Novan Leon
This is meaningless philosophical jibber-jabber that sounds good to the ear but which means nothing.
Turning within the same cycle? Cycle of life? Fighting equals forcing others to your way of life? Only if my way includes living!
I only asked if there is a place for me in Eve and the way I want to live. I am attacked in space with guns without reason and here with your fear filled words Novan. Did I attack you in space or did the truth injure you.
Age I bring thee Pax |

Max Godsnottlingson
|
Posted - 2006.11.03 11:47:00 -
[49]
My friends, and to the OP. Keep heart, out in the podpilot community I would say that the vast majority of people are able to look above the petty squables of the different factions and work well together. I, though born into the High Holders of the Amarr, am a Freelancer first and foremost. I call members of all races amongst my friends. Though I have to endure some good natured ribbing about ho wmany slaves I have hauled about, and give it back myself I also know that if the call should come, I will often as not be flying alongside Minmatar and Gallante pilots as often as Amarr and Caldari. Some of my colleagues have jested on occasion that Freelancers are the new, sixth race of Eve. who have the ability to draw on all that is good in Eve.
While that point could be debated long in to the night. The fact is, this attitude is not unique to the Freelancing community of Eve. In my experiance the vast majority of Eve podpilot corps are multi cultural, with loyalty being given to a Corperation or Allaince over a Race.
The extreemist will always make the greatest noise here, and do. So the impression that racial factions are ripping Eve appart are vastly inflated. I fear more the gang of pirates camping a gate then any fleet of minmatar pilots. Not because those minmatar are poor fighters, but because I know that 99% of them are just like me, hard working pod pilots trying to make a living in Eve.
|

April Knox
Caldari Trinity Nova
|
Posted - 2006.11.06 21:33:00 -
[50]
War is a powerful and efficient catalyst for one of the most primal human emotions. As our human nature is capable of love and affection, we are also sensible to profound hate and anger. We can't have one thing without the other. - April grins. - Oh, and besides, war is an awesome business.
|

Agemmemnon
|
Posted - 2006.11.07 16:05:00 -
[51]
Originally by: April Knox War is a powerful and efficient catalyst for one of the most primal human emotions. As our human nature is capable of love and affection, we are also sensible to profound hate and anger. We can't have one thing without the other. - April grins. - Oh, and besides, war is an awesome business.
I Agree!!
Remember we have other emotions apart from thoughs that fuel death and with war there must be a peace someplace in Eve.
I believe cloning has distorted the cycle of war and peace, life and death.
Many pod pilots follow the wars around Eve's galaxy lusting for killing. I am like them but am looking for the peace that is in Eve's galaxy and lust for life!
Age
I bring thee Pax |

Beletre
Gallente
|
Posted - 2006.11.07 16:18:00 -
[52]
Whatever happened to good ole simple lust? that life has to come from somewhere, ya know....
|

Shina Windol
Caldari Raging Phoenix Incorporated
|
Posted - 2006.11.07 17:57:00 -
[53]
I must commend you for standing by your ideals, Agemmemnon, that much I can not deny you. Is there a place for you somewhere in EVE where you can go about peacefully? Perhaps, perhaps not...it all depends on where you are and if there are people nearby that suscribe to the same ideals. Regardless, you must always keep in mind, especially in the EVE universe, that pacifism works well in theory, but it can never successfully exist so long as there is one person out there who believes otherwise and holds on to his/her axe of war. So long as there are those who maintain their ability and will to make war, war will exist.
|

Milera
Gallente Elite United Corp Antigo Dominion
|
Posted - 2006.11.07 19:46:00 -
[54]
Pacifism! Will you defend yourself, miner? Will you defend your family? Will you defend your friends? Will you fight to survive, industrialist? I believe the answer is no. Go ahead and seek your little corner of the galaxy, and if you are killed along the way, so much the better. War is a beautiful thing, can you not see that? The death that you fear is to me just a transitory state, a short rest before plunging back into the deadly dance that we play in space.
I do not understand your fear of death, for we the pod-pilots are immortal, immune to the fate that awaits those who crew our ships. If they die, there are more to replace them. If they live, they have learned, and are paid handsomely. That is why they fly, is it not? To experience the glorious reward, and the risk, of flying aboard a vessel such as ours.
Prepare, kill, die, awaken, prepare. That is the cycle of a pod-pilot. We are either the suppliers of the great automaton of war, or we are the automaton itself. That is our purpose. We are but weapons and tools that have learned how to operate themselves. We combat pilots grind forward with but one purpose, to kill all those who stand before us. And you, you industrialists, you exist to provide us with the weapons that we use to wage our perpetual war.
We have gained strength through war, we have gained knowledge through death, and the strength of all the citizens of this world will be strengthened by the furnace of war and conflict. ------------------------------------------------- War, the ultimate test of skill. The ultimate pleasure. The ultimate pain. My EVE blog: http://lifeneweden.blogspot.com/ |

zoolkhan
Minmatar Freelance Unincorporated Ushra'Khan
|
Posted - 2006.11.08 14:48:00 -
[55]
a true pacifist would not fight.
but someone who does not fight, is guilty of not preventing cruelty and criminality.
as long people are beeing supressed, enslaved or even just robbed - as long that happens, it is your duty to oppose.. you can try doing it on the political theatre, even the limited success is better than nothing.
Or you pick the weapon for right and justice.
you can always choose, but real peace is not an option.
[_] bystander,; guilty of watching people die and suffer [_] activist within the legal boundariers [_] activist within illegal boundaries [_] be a slaver [_} be a pirate [_] be a freedom fighter [_] be a monk and bless and guide those who fight..
U'K recruit!
contact me ingame for free eve webshosting |

Horatio Nately
Finis Lumen Muffins of Mayhem
|
Posted - 2006.11.08 17:22:00 -
[56]
Peace through Superior Firepower. ---------------------------------------
What Alt?
My opinions do not represent my corp/alliance |

nTime
|
Posted - 2006.11.08 21:01:00 -
[57]
Pod pilots, cycles of life, bah! It is about survival of the fittest. Only the strong shall survive. This is one of the most basic laws of the universe. Destruction and rebirth, life and death are the only cycles in the universe. Right, wrong, black, white, good, evil, itÆs all the same. Everything else is a means to an end. To kill or not to kill. Who cares? Since cloning is science perfected, death has no hold over me or anyone who has embraced the technology.
If you are in the way between me and my goal then you can bet IÆm going to blow your ship and if you whine about it then I will pod you as well. Else you can get out of my way and I will only ask once.
To the OP, If you do not wish to fight then you can work for me. I will protect your worthless pod for as long as you provide resources and you will not have to worry about being attacked.
The absolute best we can hope for in this existence is a full cap and good friend or two to share the experience with. Embrace the podding! Your life will be richer for it.
Trade for survival, smuggle for fun. |

Agemmemnon
|
Posted - 2006.11.09 11:10:00 -
[58]
Dear ntime, Milera, zoolkhan
You are all full of lust for war and why? Because your geneticly deformed clones leave you with no other path to follow. I don't seek safety as such I seek only peace. My path in Eve's galaxy is one that has no need of killing of any being. Even when attacked by the other races, I evade or stand fast against there onslaughts. All I see are pod pilot's killing without fear of death, Eve's sociaties and industries are geared towards this end. Its a cycle that has no end, a wheel of death that is turning faster and faster.
There must be a wheel of peace? A counter to deaths wheel. Age I bring thee Pax |

Kade Jeekin
Masuat'aa Matari Ushra'Khan
|
Posted - 2006.11.09 13:22:00 -
[59]
Edited by: Kade Jeekin on 09/11/2006 13:25:01 You suggest that unless people are like you, that they are dishonest workers. Ego.
A counter to deaths wheel would be lifes wheel. A wheel of peace is a counter to a wheel of conflict. You equate life with peace and death with conflict. Others do not share this axiom. Ego.
Death is not a wheel, it is an end, for us, of a clone's life. Despite your memories, the post-clone's being is not the same as the pre-clone's. The continued consciousness of being is an illusion. It is not the body that is at fault but the ego convincing itself it is invulnerable to consequences. This is the basis of infomorph psychology. Cloning is just a service for the self-deceiving ego.
As to your original question, yes, there is always a place for pacifist and honest workers. What you have to give up, to achieve your ideal, is your own choice. Ego? Outface the depths of evil with clarity |

Agent Li
|
Posted - 2006.11.09 18:53:00 -
[60]
Originally by: Rodj Blake Edited by: Rodj Blake on 26/10/2006 14:01:46
If the lesser races accepted their inferiority and agreed to Amarrian leadership, there would be peace throughout the galaxy.
It's not fair for you to say things that make me snarf up my lunch through my feeding tube because it's so hilarious...
|

Kalixa Hihro
|
Posted - 2006.11.09 19:18:00 -
[61]
Originally by: Agemmemnon Edited by: Agemmemnon on 26/10/2006 13:46:20
Ello all
I am a pacifist and a miner by trade, do you think there is room in Eve's galaxy for honest workers like Me?
There's always room for a capsule pilot who's willing to work.
Originally by: Agemmemnon
Every place I look poeple are killing and being killed, and this is being encouraged be the cloning corp's. I see that I can't stop people killing its due to there genetic failings, and the cloning corp's know this but do nothing to stop it why?
You might as well ask why an ammunition manufacturer sells ammunition, instead of banding together with other ammunition manufacturers to simply choke off the supply and end the killing.
The easy answer is that if they stopped, someone would simply pick up where they left off and reap the benefits of brisk business.
Originally by: Agemmemnon
Because to do so would put them out of work. So I ask you is there any little corner of Eve's galaxy that I could call home and does not smell of death in my minds eye.
Age
No. As long as ships make purdy 'splosions, and people like fireworks, they will blow things up, especially because the availability of cloning technology makes it virtually risk free for the capsule pilot personally.
I feel for the poor crews of these vessels (and their families) who die in every explosion, with no clone. It's permadeath for them.
It's amazing that for every crew member you lose, there's 10 more in line at the nearest station to take his place. God rest their souls.
-Kal /*----------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/ My opinion in no way represents that of my corp or anyone I am associated with, and is probably entirely wrong. |

Auele
|
Posted - 2006.11.10 00:31:00 -
[62]
[justify]Hmmm, a pacifist is something of a rarity in the Eve Universe. Holding a pacifist ideology is a hard thing to do; however, it does not necessarily mean that you are barred in putting a different definition in the word "Pacifism." The universe is infinite, and so does that concepts that influence human understanding.
------------------- " I am neutral with haters " 
|

Alowishus
Shadow Company Alektorophobia
|
Posted - 2006.11.10 07:04:00 -
[63]
Pacifist? Is that like when you have sex with an Intaki girl and she just lays there face down with her head in the pillow? Because if that's what you're talking about then I'd say there is a place for you in my galaxy. And by that, I mean my bed. The moderators here are excellent at policing signatures. |

Rytaran
Caldari 303 Eaters
|
Posted - 2006.11.10 22:34:00 -
[64]
There is plenty of room for you in the Universe. After all, miners are needed everywhere! I'm in need of one in fact. (Contact me if you want to join my corp). Come to Ebo, Theology Tribunal Council, to help us bring down the Beasts of Burden corporation. |

TECOR
Caldari Trinity Nova
|
Posted - 2006.11.12 23:13:00 -
[65]
Of course Pacifist there will be a place for you and you must always remember if you can't bring yourself to shoot your enemies we will do it for you....well for money actually but you get my point.
TECOR
Contact us here!
|

Kion
Gallente Aliastra
|
Posted - 2006.11.16 01:24:00 -
[66]
If I can get one other to stop killing and they do the same I will be happy.
Age
|

Agemmemnon
|
Posted - 2007.07.19 11:51:00 -
[67]
It has been a long time since I have visited this thread, and still today I have the same question -
Is there any little corner of Eve's galaxy that I could call home and does not smell of death in my minds eye.
Has anyone found such a place in Eve's galaxy?
Age I bring thee Pax |

Father Abel
Caldari Independent Navy Reserve
|
Posted - 2007.07.19 12:46:00 -
[68]
Edited by: Father Abel on 19/07/2007 12:48:41
Pacifism does not suit any man named Agemmemnon.
In fact, war and death seem to follow him around. Call it Fate, mate.
p.s. Don't get attached to your daughter, make sure your son loves you more than his mother, and absolutely keep that mind's eye or whatever other extra eye you have on your wife, especially when you have your back turned. Just friendly advice.
_____________________ Father Abel - Lieutenant Caldari Independent Navy Reserve
"Private property makes a free man a free man." |

Kabajashi San
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2007.07.19 15:59:00 -
[69]
To the OP: Pacifism is more than "not fighting" I think. It means to be willing to sacrifice for a peaceful life, to deny the obvious solution as it conflicts with your ideals. It means to endure the opposition of others without attacking them for it and instead lead by example. It means to strife for a world without injustice and to boycot the use of violence for one's egoistic goals.
You do nothing of that. You are not willing to give up anything for your ideal of a peaceful world. You want to live as a pod pilot and have all the advantages but don't want to take the negative effects that come with it.
You process minerals without caring what is made from them while knowing perfectly well that half of them is used for war machinery. You attack others for they choose to approach problems on a more violent level and call them genetically defective. I don't think you are a Pacifist at all in the true sense of the word.
There is a simple way of leading a peaceful life. Settle down planetside, grow the things that you need, live on peacefully to the rest of your life. You cannot have butter without milking the cow.
One more thing to add as I see the tribal marks on your face. When your people suffer the life of a pacifist is not an honourable one. Ignoring their pain means supporting the ones who cause them. There is no honourable way to lead a peaceful life as long as your people are suffering.
|

Xavier Fate
Gallente Phoenix Wing Acheron Federation
|
Posted - 2007.07.19 16:25:00 -
[70]
Originally by: Kabajashi San To the OP: When your people suffer the life of a pacifist is not an honourable one. Ignoring their pain means supporting the ones who cause them. There is no honourable way to lead a peaceful life as long as your people are suffering.
I would add when any people suffer under the yoke of an oppressor pacifism is a sad refuge from reality.
|

Hiashi Garanda
|
Posted - 2007.07.20 00:48:00 -
[71]
[quote by Agemmemnon ] Originally by: Novan Leon A)There will always be the struggle between good and evil.
B)To be a pacifist is to accept that you will never actively belong to either, and thus, always be subject to one or the other.
C)Only those willing to fight can truly forge their own way in this world, unless your way doesn't mind dying.
A) The struggle is no longer balanced. With clones being used, good and evil are no longer turning within the same cycle.
B) To be a pacifist is do be part of the cycle of life and not death its the counter balance to killing without the will to stop
C) To forge your way through this life is to force others to your why of life dictated by your genetic and social heritage. Your reasoning is not sound and sadly blinkered.
Age
I bring thee Pax
it seems you suffer from a error of logic, it seems you think death is evil, and life is good. yes murder and the like are evil but death itself is not inherently evil. likewise life itself can be preverted to serve evil. instead look to life and death as one cycle that those good,evil and otherwise can use for their purposes. I admire your wish to find a refuge against what is a seemingly unescapable fate of conflict, but fear your wish to do so may lead to dissappointment.
I can only offer this as a fellow intaki, "any advancement is an inherently iterative process. One does not simply take sand from the beach and produce a Datacore. We use crude tools to fashion better tools, and then our better tools to fashion more precise tools, and so on. Each minor refinement is a step in the process, and all of the steps must be taken." let peace be your destination and the cycle of life and death the means to get there
|

Reiaandra Ilin
Caldari Solstice Systems Development Concourse
|
Posted - 2007.07.20 02:31:00 -
[72]
I fear there is no place for peace in this universe.
Don't believe the Amarr. They cannot bring peace.
I'm sorry but at least you have clones.
|
|

Rauth Kivaro
Forum Moderator Interstellar Services Department

|
Posted - 2007.07.20 05:36:00 -
[73]
CRC regulations prohibit the retrieval to active mode of archived discussions. The preferred method of referencing previous conversations is to use a link in a new conversation topic.
This channel will now be closed.
...CRCLRK-2234:TERMINATED.
forum rules | [email protected] | Our Website
|
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |