Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Gunjack Discussion Thread

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 6 post(s)
Crasniya
Crasniya
Strange Energy
The Bastion

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.08.04 03:11:47 - [1] - Quote

I played the tech demo for this at Fanfest this year. It's a lot of fun for the few minutes I got to try it, and if anything, I was bummed they didn't have more levels at Fanfest for us to try.

I probably won't be owning it, since I won't be owning another Android (security on the platform is becoming more and more comical each month, nobody should own an Android at this point if they value their data), much less a Samsung. But the Gear VR shares a lot of tech with the Oculus, and I'm hopeful that at some point CCP will let Oculus users play it.

For those curious, when Falcon means "small team at Shanghai", AFAIK, it's very small. It isn't a huge impact on DUST's development, though some people who worked on DUST worked on Gunjack. (Think how EVR was originally created.)

My personal view is whether or not it's something I'll ever own and play, I am guessing they have a good arrangement with Samsung and it's a net positive for the company.

Soraya Xel - Council of Planetary Management 1 - [email protected]

Crasniya
Crasniya
Strange Energy
The Bastion

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.08.04 12:37:35 - [2] - Quote

Cypherous wrote:
Crasniya wrote:
I
I probably won't be owning it, since I won't be owning another Android (security on the platform is becoming more and more comical each month, nobody should own an Android at this point if they value their data), much less a Samsung. But the Gear VR shares a lot of tech with the Oculus, and I'm hopeful that at some point CCP will let Oculus users play it.

Android isn't really any more of a privacy issue than iOS and Win10 mobile these days so thats just some android hate right there, i'll give you partial points for the samsung rant, i owned the S3 and it was a glorious device, i got an S6 and i'm less happy with that, there were some initial teething issues that could only be resolved by rooting the device and ever since day 1 i've had "lag" on the device using the pin based lock screen so while the phone is gorgeous and performs great for the most part, there are some issues which is why you get partial points for the samsung hate :P

It's really not. When a vulnerability for iOS or Windows is released, it can be patched by Apple or Microsoft inside a week. Most of the major vulnerabilities over the last year will never be patched on Android for most customers. Like 70% of all Android owners never got patches released for Heartbleed. The Android security lead only believes he's responsible for patching devices for 18 months, while Microsoft still patches Windows Vista.

Anyways, back on topic, but yeah. No. Definitely less secure than iOS and Win10 mobile.

Crasniya
Crasniya
Strange Energy
The Bastion

Posted - 2015.08.04 12:40:02 - [3] - Quote

Rivr Luzade wrote:
These are already 2 things more than CCP was able to handle in the past. And now they want to develop yet another game. This is going to be very interesting. Roll

Again, this is super small. Not the sort of development scale of any of their other titles.

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,05s, ref 20240504/1119
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.