Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Gunjack Discussion Thread

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 6 post(s)
DaReaper
DaReaper
Net 7

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.08.03 16:31:07 - [1] - Quote

thorgil wrote:
Quote:
CCP seems to be jumping on the "popular" bandwagons

That's not a bad thing for them, knowing that 80% of the VR content is indy made these days, it's a good bet to try to be one of the first AAA title on a plateform release !

But hey, i'm still sad about Dust and still waiting for Eve:Webwars so i get your feelings ;)

ah Webwars eve... god i wanted that so much. Stupid third party company going under

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Yes i am optimistic about eve.. i'm giving it till dec 31st 2016 before i doom n gloom

DaReaper
DaReaper
Net 7

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.08.03 16:34:28 - [2] - Quote

A Reminder:
CCP is a video game company. They need more products to make money. If they tossed a few bucks to a small team in Shanghai and this is just a arcade shooter with no real support needed on ccp's end, then why do you care? thye sell it for a few $$$ or have ingame microtransactions and it pays for it's self. if it flops but did not cost that much to make then its not that huge a deal or loss. And if it does well, then it means more income for ccp, which means more products and more developers to do stuff in eve. its a win win.

I'm just annoyed at the slight deviation of the 2014 vision, but i'm hoping most of it is still on track.

And as stated already elsewhere, if its popular, it should not be that difficult to bring it to the oculus rift, hell the hardware is form the same company

Yes i am optimistic about eve.. i'm giving it till dec 31st 2016 before i doom n gloom

DaReaper
DaReaper
Net 7

Posted - 2015.08.03 17:51:09 - [3] - Quote

Chamile Eonic wrote:
Aliventi wrote:
I'mma let you finish, but we have been wanting a PC post of DUST for a few years now.

Legion isn't happening. Its possible they may decide to throw a bucket load of money at it to do a total redevelopment but as it stands the game is massively dated now. Unless they rebuild it from the ground up then I can't see people really playing it.

CCP are currently going balls deep into VR. If VR turns out to be a big thing they will make a load of cash, if not then its back to milking the Eve player base for cash to 'invest' in their next project

there is no evidence to support the claim that legion is 'not happening' there is also no evidence to support the claim that it is. However, reminding ccp that people want it might make them make it if they are on the fence. Kinda like WiS, people want it so they will keep remindning people they want it. *shrugs* And i would not say they are 'balls deep' into vr actually. From my understanding, the VR labs group is not that big, but meh. More money for ccp is good

DaReaper
DaReaper
Net 7

Posted - 2015.08.03 18:31:59 - [4] - Quote

Oxide Ammar wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
We are happy to announce the upcoming release of Gunjack, a VR arcade shooter for the Samsung Gear VR Platform, as detailed in this news item.

This thread is for discussion regarding Gunjack and the announcement. Please keep all related posts here! Big smile

That means black ops and capital ships has pushed to 2016 schedule ?

why would this effect that? this was made by the dust team, not eve team

DaReaper
DaReaper
Net 7

Posted - 2015.08.04 18:07:34 - [5] - Quote

Aeon Amadii wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
Chamile Eonic wrote:
Aliventi wrote:
I'mma let you finish, but we have been wanting a PC post of DUST for a few years now.

Legion isn't happening. Its possible they may decide to throw a bucket load of money at it to do a total redevelopment but as it stands the game is massively dated now. Unless they rebuild it from the ground up then I can't see people really playing it.

CCP are currently going balls deep into VR. If VR turns out to be a big thing they will make a load of cash, if not then its back to milking the Eve player base for cash to 'invest' in their next project

there is no evidence to support the claim that legion is 'not happening' there is also no evidence to support the claim that it is. However, reminding ccp that people want it might make them make it if they are on the fence. Kinda like WiS, people want it so they will keep remindning people they want it. *shrugs* And i would not say they are 'balls deep' into vr actually. From my understanding, the VR labs group is not that big, but meh. More money for ccp is good

In his defense, there's nothing to suggest Legion -is- happening, either. The last we heard about Legion was 337 days ago. After that, CCP went dark and the only sliver of evidence we have that CCP Rattati isn't the only one alive at CCP Shanghai is a few developer spotlights and... well, Gunjack.

I know, i said that in my second line. This still is nto evidence that lkegion is dead, i have zero idea what ccp is doing, and cancling a trademark doenst mean anything, if you take into accunt the rouge wedding prolly killed any momentum ccp had to make legion. Remember, when they announced valk the fan base wnated it so much they just made it. they registered legion just in case, but the responce was the opposit, so why keep it? When it can just become EVE Dust514 on pc. But who knows.

DaReaper
DaReaper
Net 7

Posted - 2015.08.04 18:08:34 - [6] - Quote

Tavin Aikisen wrote:
Aeon Amadii wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
Chamile Eonic wrote:
Aliventi wrote:

In his defense, there's nothing to suggest Legion -is- happening, either. The last we heard about Legion was 337 days ago. After that, CCP went dark and the only sliver of evidence we have that CCP Rattati isn't the only one alive at CCP Shanghai is a few developer spotlights and... well, Gunjack.

Actually there is plenty to say nothing is happening. CCP no longer hold the trademark for "EVE Legion".

Source: http://www.trademarkia.com/eve-legion-86233018.html

As i just said, this doenslt prove much of anything. Just a name change

DaReaper
DaReaper
Net 7

Posted - 2015.08.04 18:12:57 - [7] - Quote

Rivr Luzade wrote:
I find this announcement particularly interesting.
CCP cannot even manage to maintain EVE properly (going to vacation after the most profound game change in years? Really?) and have failed to maintain and advance DUST properly. Even these 2 projects (ignoring WOD as it's already dead) were too much for CCP to handle. Now they want to turn DUST into Legion and make that go totally awesome for sure, and attempt to develop Valkyrie. These are already 2 things more than CCP was able to handle in the past. And now they want to develop yet another game. This is going to be very interesting. Roll

its a simple game, did not take much resources form it seem seems like. My guess is its using some scrapped valk code. If it was cheap to make, and a few devs did it as a side project then who cares. If it makes money, then it means more money for ccp, and thats a GOOD thing. CCP needs more games or they go under if eve goes under.

DaReaper
DaReaper
Net 7

Posted - 2015.08.05 15:44:52 - [8] - Quote

Kuronaga wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
Aeon Amadii wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
Chamile Eonic wrote:

I know, i said that in my second line. This still is nto evidence that lkegion is dead, i have zero idea what ccp is doing, and cancling a trademark doenst mean anything, if you take into accunt the rouge wedding prolly killed any momentum ccp had to make legion. Remember, when they announced valk the fan base wnated it so much they just made it. they registered legion just in case, but the responce was the opposit, so why keep it? When it can just become EVE Dust514 on pc. But who knows.

Very few people actually want Dust on PC. Most (not necessarily on this forum specifically) want PS4.

In addition to all the technical hurdles of dealing with the hackers (or not dealing, as is the CCP way) it would also cut off the core audience who is primarily responsible for the games survival thus far. For PC, there is no guarantee it would replicate even that much of a following. PC is the land of varied FPS, but on PC it is a fact that most FPS die faster than its console counterparts.

It's a risky move with a lot of negatives and a few minor gains, mostly being power and presentation.

Except there core audience is actually on the pc. But you ment as in the current dust player base. So im splitting hairs. I just believe in the 2014 vision, all eve game son pc. But i realize that a simple and easy to make game, that could net some profit may come and not be on pc. But we will see.

DaReaper
DaReaper
Net 7

Posted - 2015.10.28 01:24:30 - [9] - Quote

Azazel The Misanthrope wrote:
The way that guy said, "Oh my God! Abbadon!" Was incredibly corny and unconvincing.

you don;t notice it when you are actually playing.

Gun Jack is wicked fun, and was cheap to make.

I'm also going to get it first day its out.

DaReaper
DaReaper
Net 7

Posted - 2015.10.28 01:25:35 - [10] - Quote

Opertone wrote:
Relax,

Gunjack is there due to COMPANY's crazy money... they have hundreds of billions. And they stick this money where ever they can, especially in their near fail Virtual Reality.

Alright, I played VR Occulus - 2, some sort of shooter / zombie action. It was an amazing experience, but hardly worth buying...

The Zombie action game felt so intense, that I nearly lost coordination, my heart beat very fast, high body temperature, adrenaline rush, disorientation. I do not really want that kind of experience... I do not want no mind and body systems cracking apart and spatial delusion.

IMHO VR = VOMIT READY - not worth 1 500 USD...

It is much easier to play with one in local game/arcade zone and forget it.

The VR screen is not very sharp... feels like a full 640x480 8 bit reality.

I ask myself, if I feel sick, why play VR headset games?

No worries, the COMPANY has a great plan of funding CCP.

*COMPANY - may refer to facebook or samsung, owners of occulus rift VR

VR is not going to be 1500. The computer alone that will be needed for the VR head sets will cost you 1200. If you are any kind of real gamer, you will already have that anyway. Head set is going to range for 250 to 400.

DaReaper
DaReaper
Net 7

Posted - 2015.10.29 21:53:39 - [11] - Quote

Few Questions:

Gun jack should be out in less then 5 weeks (Gear VR consumer is out before black Friday US [11.27.2015])

So..

!) Is it safe to assume Gun Jack is free to play or are you guys going to charge to buy it? (i.d. pay up to $20 for it btw)

2) can use you use a game pad (the button on the side of the head set would get a bit annoying after a tad)

3) I overheard that its a single player game at Eve Vegas, but is there any type of multiplayer or community features (like a leader board or something) or is it a pure single player game?

That works for me, the wife and myself are both getting a copy, as she really likes gun jack.

DaReaper
DaReaper
Net 7

Posted - 2015.10.31 05:39:51 - [12] - Quote

Alexis Nightwish wrote:
Played this at EVE Vegas. Was much cooler than I thought it would be.

Won't buy it. Not because of the game (which was fun), but because the headset is only compatible with a few phones. If there was a universal headset that supported any Android phone by just connecting via the micro USB or Bluetooth I would be all over it.

give it a bit, maybe there will be

DaReaper
DaReaper
Net 7

Posted - 2015.11.10 17:27:23 - [13] - Quote

incase you guys are interested:

Gear Vr Pre-order

DaReaper
DaReaper
Net 7

Posted - 2016.01.11 23:48:52 - [14] - Quote

beat it a few weeks ago, it was rather fun

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,08s, ref 20240424/0215
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.