
Merdaneth
Amarr PIE Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.02.05 16:30:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Merdaneth on 05/02/2007 16:30:08 I am sad.
Not because Muritor was slain. He was a terrorist, a thief and a traitor. He knew that he broke the law, he knew what the risks were, and he willingly chose to continue with his course of action. The Republic did nothing more than uphold the law.
Make no mistake, Muritor could have easily followed the path of honor: resign from Republic Fleet, renounce his citizenship and join one of the terrorist organizations and fight for his vision of the future with them. I have no doubt they would have welcomed him.
But Muritor did not. He was arrogant, he thought his vision was better than anyone else, and certainly better than those of his superiors. So he started a personal vendetta, squandering the trust others had placed in him. His vision of the future did not include things like loyalty, sacrifice, honor, truth and fellowship.
I am sad because Ushra'Khan uses his death to push forward their own agenda. To have them call out for new elections is laughable. They have never submitted themselves to Republic law before. Any election result that did not favor them, they would simply cast aside, claiming the fight for freedom comes from a higher authority.
I am sad because the Minmatar are slowly regressing back towards aggressive tribes they once were, more concerned with pointless struggles and barbaric forms of justice than true advancement.
I am sad because this is partially our fault. We should have been stronger, not so trusting. We should have prevented the rebellion. We let our children out into the world before they were ready, and now many who ran away from home have fallen in with a bad crowd and turned to a life of crime and depravity.
I am sad because the Ushra'Khan now consider themselves judges, jury and executioners. Their jurisdiction extending beyond the Amarr, but now including anyone they don't agree with. Do you even know those you call Ļour peopleĻ anymore? Don't you have any respect left for authority and the rule of law?
|