Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:2016/05/04 - Current Issues With Tranquility

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: [1] 2 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 5 post(s)
CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2016.05.04 14:34:48 - [1] - Quote

Hey guys,

We're currently aware of an issue that's causing some odd behavior for people currently connected to Tranquility.

At present the symptoms of this issue that have manifested themselves are as follows:

• A Significant FPS drop
  • Ships not rendering in hangars
  • The ability to zoom out infinitely from your hangar (making for some interesting screenshots!)
  • Inability to undock
  • Inability to see the market and industry jobs
  • Inability to see character and item attributes and descriptions

Clearing your cache may help with this issue, however we're currently working on faultfinding in more detail and rectifying this.

We'll have more information once it's available. For now, stay safe and sit tight, and we'll have more information as soon as we can.

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

C4w3
C4w3
Reikoku
Pandemic Legion

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2016.05.04 14:38:44 - [2] - Quote

Great and swift intel there boss thanks <3
May'n Nome
May'n Nome
EVE University
Ivy League

Posted - 2016.05.04 14:42:31 - [3] - Quote

Guess I am not playing for now today?

"Threefold is the time's pace: the future comes not in haste, the present is gone arrow fast, eternally still remains the past."

Turtle Udan
Turtle Udan
Dropbears Anonymous
Friendly Probes

Posted - 2016.05.04 14:45:22 - [4] - Quote

Confirming fully clearing the cache from the ingame menu seems to fix the issue.

Error logs going around seem to suggest a dogma effect that is now missing (Seemingly, #3381, third party dev wizardry suggests this was used in drone damage amplifiers before citadel) may be involved in this. (Which may be the reason clearing the cache helps with this issue)
Henry Plantgenet
Henry Plantgenet
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2016.05.04 15:03:55 - [5] - Quote

here's another fun one:
Ship randomly rotating in space with no velocity drop and burning the wrong direction.
Esnaelc Sin'led
Esnaelc Sin'led
The Unchained Club
No Handlebars.

Posted - 2016.05.04 15:04:48 - [6] - Quote

Same issue there.

What's the button to clear cache ?
Is that the "Reset last known build information" ?
Correioo
Correioo
Perkone
Caldari State

Posted - 2016.05.04 15:08:05 - [7] - Quote

same problem here... looks curious

Station ?
Vasco Athora
Vasco Athora
Star Light Phoenix

Posted - 2016.05.04 15:12:54 - [8] - Quote

cleared Cache Didn't work still having same problem . can not undock ,switch ships , call up ship fittings ect....
txcmf
txcmf
An My
I N F A M O U S

Posted - 2016.05.04 15:12:55 - [9] - Quote

Turtle Udan wrote:
Confirming fully clearing the cache from the ingame menu seems to fix the issue.

Error logs going around seem to suggest a dogma effect that is now missing (Seemingly, #3381, third party dev wizardry suggests this was used in drone damage amplifiers before citadel) may be involved in this. (Which may be the reason clearing the cache helps with this issue)

worked for me as well
Correioo
Correioo
Perkone
Caldari State

Posted - 2016.05.04 15:26:00 - [10] - Quote

from ingame menu works...

ty, fly safe
Nona Ijonen
Nona Ijonen
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State

Posted - 2016.05.04 15:27:37 - [11] - Quote

I'm not sure how to clear the cache in the new launcher! Sorry for being dumb, but can someone give me a quick point in the right direction?
Liberty Noud
Liberty Noud
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire

Posted - 2016.05.04 15:28:19 - [12] - Quote

I am new to EVE, can someone tell me how to clear the game cache that is supposedly supposed to make things all the better?
Vasco Athora
Vasco Athora
Star Light Phoenix

Posted - 2016.05.04 15:28:33 - [13] - Quote

Clearing cache has not work for some of my corp. members either
DiDDleR
DiDDleR
Skunkdogz Corporation

Posted - 2016.05.04 15:29:44 - [14] - Quote

Same issue here, going to try clearing cache.

Extended 21 day trial and get help / advice and 400M ISK if you subscribe - see my post:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5604840#post5604840

Sergei Alexeyev
Sergei Alexeyev
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2016.05.04 15:31:23 - [15] - Quote

Liberty Noud wrote:
I am new to EVE, can someone tell me how to clear the game cache that is supposedly supposed to make things all the better?

Menu -> Reset settings -> Clear All Cache Files
Nona Ijonen
Nona Ijonen
Caldari State

Posted - 2016.05.04 15:32:46 - [16] - Quote

Liberty Noud wrote:

Hey Liberty, I managed to figure it out:

Log in and on the character screen, hit escape to the menu. Find the "Reset Settings" tab and hit the "Clear All Cache Files" button. Your client will restart on its own.

It seems to have fixed the issue for me.
Liberty Noud
Liberty Noud
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire

Posted - 2016.05.04 15:34:25 - [17] - Quote

Sergei Alexeyev wrote:
Liberty Noud wrote:

Thank you very much!
Clatten
Clatten
Easy Co.
Get Off My Lawn

Posted - 2016.05.04 15:57:09 - [18] - Quote

What about the launcher issue. ive had a character logged in since Downtime, but when i try to log in another one it just loads but does not open another client?
Dante Eldar
Dante Eldar
Viziam
Amarr Empire

Posted - 2016.05.04 15:57:49 - [19] - Quote

Thanks for the update Falcon. Smile
Tam Arai
Tam Arai
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2016.05.04 16:00:58 - [20] - Quote

i like getting in game updates from Falcon

i cleared cache ingame and it seems to have worked for me.

might undock in a frig first just in case....
BravoEcho1 Charante
BravoEcho1 Charante
Trojan Legion
Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2016.05.04 16:00:58 - [21] - Quote

I had those issues, fps drop, ship not showing in hanger ect ect, i reinstalled the old launcher and the problems went away...
Yuri Semah
Yuri Semah
Dead Corporation 10985

Posted - 2016.05.04 16:01:36 - [22] - Quote

Hotfix didn't fix the undock/shipchange issue for me.

Weirdly enough on one of my characters I can undock, but when I do so, my HUD (the thing with shield and capacitor and alle the modules) is gone.

edit: all issues resolved after clearinng cache
ossakbji Bukandara
ossakbji Bukandara
Les Exiles
Fortis Et Certus

Posted - 2016.05.04 16:01:43 - [23] - Quote

Sergei Alexeyev wrote:
Liberty Noud wrote:

Thank you problem resolved
Warlord Balrog
Warlord Balrog
303rd X-SOLDIER
See Salt

Posted - 2016.05.04 16:13:20 - [24] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:

• The ability to zoom out infinitely from your hangar (making for some interesting screenshots!)

• UPDATE!

We have deployed a fix to Tranquility in order to address issues with undocking, market visibility and industry/science jobs visibility. If you are still experiencing issues outlined in this forum thread, please find a safe place, log out and restart your client and launcher to download the new patch.

Can we see said screenshots? Big smile
    Great work on the swift patch!
    Stefan Silviu
    Stefan Silviu
    Dissidence Dawn
    Shadow Cartel

Posted - 2016.05.04 16:17:28 - [25] - Quote

yeah i restarted launcher after patch and poof all my accounts gone
    thanks CCP
    LemurCatta
    LemurCatta
    FREE GATES
    FREE GATES COALITION

Posted - 2016.05.04 16:18:05 - [26] - Quote

I lost all my settings...

Thx
    Unconspicous Alt
    Unconspicous Alt
    Caldari State

Posted - 2016.05.04 16:18:30 - [27] - Quote

eve launcher ( new one ) does not start anymore

GOOD FIX !
    Ms Michigan
    Ms Michigan
    Aviation Professionals for EVE
    The Ditanian Alliance

Posted - 2016.05.04 16:27:31 - [28] - Quote

CCP Falcon,

Add to the list:

In Game browser doesn't work.

Capacitor/modules not showing up in space (when I was able to undock.)

Tried verifying my cache....no help. Just got new patch. We will see...
    Steve Atreides
    Steve Atreides
    Phoenix Interstellar Enterprises

Posted - 2016.05.04 16:35:04 - [29] - Quote

Ok Great, Now a patch has been downloaded I guess in response to the issues today. Now I cant log my toons in at all. Log in just does not work.
    Doktor DHOOM
    Doktor DHOOM
    Bearded BattleBears
    I N F A M O U S

Posted - 2016.05.04 16:38:02 - [30] - Quote

Clatten wrote:
    What about the launcher issue. ive had a character logged in since Downtime, but when i try to log in another one it just loads but does not open another client?

try shutting your whole system down - if your ccp exe or other file is still active or locked in windows you will have issues launching another session -

Pages: [1] 2 :: one page
    First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,05s, ref 20240419/0848
    EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
    EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.