| Pages: 1 2 3 [4] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Jenshae Chiroptera
295
|
Posted - 2011.12.26 00:26:00 -
[91] - Quote
Lexmana wrote: A rock can't use dscan can it and it can't for sure warp away when it sense danger.
I think he has a valid point. Very few will use D-scan. It is bad enough mining but pushing one button over and over again is just ludicrous. They simply absorb the cost of lost ships into their profit analysis.
You are shooting rocks, they just look like ships and you aren't doing it for profit, the wrecks and drops of a mining ships is minimal. You do it to grief, because you want a reaction, you want your petty little life to reach out and have some significance.
*Edit You is plural and general in this context. Ideas and stuff EVE - the game of sand castles, either building them or kicking them down. |

Salus Amatin
Center for Advanced Studies Gallente Federation
0
|
Posted - 2011.12.26 00:55:00 -
[92] - Quote
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:Lexmana wrote:Pillowtalk wrote:If CCP were to open a PVE server it would have 10x the subscriptions of TQ in a month. But they just wanna be vikings too much. =/ Haha. you really believe that? A PVE server would prob have some initial success but then quickly die out of pure boredom. I am not so sure. Based on what I have seen in other MMOs, if there was a "PVe" server that had only one difference: "not being able to target other players at all except in designated PVP zones" (or something like that) ... it would have a lot of players. Not going to say if that's better, or why, or whatever. Just based on the pattern I have seen.
Although I am not much of a combat pilot/fighter/pirate/what-have-you and am, in fact, a 'carebear', I still would not prefer a PVE server, I don't know, its just, everything about EVE is what makes it EVE, the PVP, the market play, the miners, the griefers, without any of these pieces, the puzzle would be incomplete |

Jenshae Chiroptera
295
|
Posted - 2011.12.26 15:05:00 -
[93] - Quote
Salus Amatin wrote:... Although I am not much of a combat pilot/fighter/pirate/what-have-you and am, in fact, a 'carebear', I still would not prefer a PVE server, I don't know, its just, everything about EVE is what makes it EVE, the PVP, the market play, the miners, the griefers, without any of these pieces, the puzzle would be incomplete
Agreed. Splitting the player population wouldn't be a good thing.
However, bringing out ways for the players to counter an attack when it has started, would help.
In most cases, I believe it could be as little as just having a bigger tank or more drone bandwidth and space. If they can last longer, then it is more possible for friends and alliance members to reach them in time and escalate the PVP into a real fight, not just the slaughter of lambs that it is now. Ideas and stuff EVE - the game of sand castles, either building them or kicking them down. |

Krixtal Icefluxor
Bison - Ammatar Thunder Thundering Herd
63
|
Posted - 2011.12.26 16:14:00 -
[94] - Quote
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote: It does not matter what carrot or rod CCP uses, I will not PVP against my will.
Seriously.
If engaged while going about my business, esp in High, I self-destruct.
Rather take the loss financially than give them the 'satisfaction'
......or 'mental orgasm' or whatever the Hell chemical it releases........ OMG He Spent His Free-áAURUM ! God is simply-áthe very extraordinary power of the Universe to organize Itself as percieved. -á-á- Lee Smolin "Three Roads to Quantum Gravity" |

thekiller2002us
Order of Celestial Knights S I L E N T.
36
|
Posted - 2011.12.26 16:16:00 -
[95] - Quote
i think highsec people make the mistake of thinking pvp is a choice. |

Jenshae Chiroptera
296
|
Posted - 2011.12.26 16:23:00 -
[96] - Quote
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:Jenshae Chiroptera wrote: It does not matter what carrot or rod CCP uses, I will not PVP against my will.
... I self-destruct. Rather take the loss financially than give them the 'satisfaction' ......or 'mental orgasm' or whatever the Hell chemical it releases........
Umm ... Concord usually arrives in six second and they can destroy a ship in less time ... how often do you have time to self destruct? 
To round off, Thrasher, 1000 DPS, that is damage per second. Sacrificing almost everything, an shield tanked Iteron V gets 9K eHP and a Hulk gets 35K. However, what is the point in mining with just one laser in case someone might come and shoot you?
Just read any of the ganking guides, they usually scan you at the station, know exactly how many and of what ship to bring. You are beaten before there is a fight. Ideas and stuff EVE - the game of sand castles, either building them or kicking them down. |

Dradius Calvantia
Creative Cookie Procuring Rote Kapelle
176
|
Posted - 2011.12.26 18:02:00 -
[97] - Quote
I think that we can safely assume that CCP was NOT referring to anything in high sec when they said that the focus of the next expansion is going to be war.
|

Jenshae Chiroptera
296
|
Posted - 2011.12.26 18:26:00 -
[98] - Quote
Dradius Calvantia wrote:I think that we can safely assume that CCP was NOT referring to anything in high sec when they said that the focus of the next expansion is going to be war.
Okay, what premises are you basing your assumption on?  Ideas and stuff EVE - the game of sand castles, either building them or kicking them down. |

Velicitia
Open Designs
245
|
Posted - 2011.12.26 18:38:00 -
[99] - Quote
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:Dradius Calvantia wrote:I think that we can safely assume that CCP was NOT referring to anything in high sec when they said that the focus of the next expansion is going to be war.
Okay, what premises are you basing your assumption on? 
I'm gonna assume "hisec war is crap" and "Sov War is what they use to promote EVE" ? |

Jendra Neutral
University of Caille Gallente Federation
1
|
Posted - 2011.12.26 18:45:00 -
[100] - Quote
Velicitia wrote:Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:Dradius Calvantia wrote:I think that we can safely assume that CCP was NOT referring to anything in high sec when they said that the focus of the next expansion is going to be war.
Okay, what premises are you basing your assumption on?  I'm gonna assume "hisec war is crap" and "Sov War is what they use to promote EVE" ?
Corp dodging wardecs is now a legitimate tactic. That seems like a poor forerunner to a highsec war patch. |

Jenshae Chiroptera
296
|
Posted - 2011.12.26 19:05:00 -
[101] - Quote
Jendra Neutral wrote:Velicitia wrote:Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:Dradius Calvantia wrote:I think that we can safely assume that CCP was NOT referring to anything in high sec when they said that the focus of the next expansion is going to be war.
Okay, what premises are you basing your assumption on?  I'm gonna assume "hisec war is crap" and "Sov War is what they use to promote EVE" ? Corp dodging wardecs is now a legitimate tactic. That seems like a poor forerunner to a highsec war patch.
Show them the worst then get a lot of applause for swooping in and fixing it all? Ideas and stuff EVE - the game of sand castles, either building them or kicking them down. |

Jenshae Chiroptera
296
|
Posted - 2011.12.26 21:19:00 -
[102] - Quote
So as not to start another thread:
Why isn't there people using instant lock ships to pod kill reds as they come in from low and null sec? Ideas and stuff EVE - the game of sand castles, either building them or kicking them down. |

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
349
|
Posted - 2011.12.26 21:55:00 -
[103] - Quote
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:So as not to start another thread:
Why isn't there people using instant lock ships to pod kill reds as they come in from low and null sec?
That can be as boring as mining?
But honestly I never tried it. I once cheered a red as he escaped a station once, and that red then went on to smack-talk me, call me all kinds of names, and the usual fare that makes this game feel like an episode of the Jerry Springer Show sans cross-dressers. From that time, I have considered that it would be interesting to pop them instead.
From what I have read, it takes a seriously sensor-'ed up ship to instalock a pod, and perhaps with a fleet boost from a command ship too - but the latter I am not sure of. So I keep an eye out for advice on this topic.
|

Nephilius
Repo.
73
|
Posted - 2011.12.27 19:54:00 -
[104] - Quote
Florestan Bronstein wrote:Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:IMHO, fukking other players against their will should imply a severe risk of being fukked by the rules. fu cking other players against their will is EVE's unique selling point.
Huh. And here I thought it was all about the spaceships, and how uniquely different Eve is from most every other MMO. But then again, what do I know? If you bring down a giant, you're a hero. If you kill something weak-even if it has to die-then you will endure contempt. |

Wacktopia
Sicarius. The Kadeshi
75
|
Posted - 2011.12.28 09:21:00 -
[105] - Quote
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:Wacktopia wrote:My thoughts on wars... ...
I agree with half of your points. The war dec shields are great, gives breathing room to train newbies, take them on roams, let miners build up some ISK and so forth instead of letting every brat on the block kick your sand castle apart.  Edit: I see High Sec as an incubator, not just for new players but new corps and alliances too. Make it 100% safe for all that it matters. Mostly, all I see are those kids that want the easy kill there. Low, null and worm hole space should be where the real PVP occurs.
I'd be ok with 100% safe if L4 and incursions were removed to low sec. You can't have it both ways. |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 [4] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |