| Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 4 post(s) |

Nedolzna Ovcica
Mindstar Brigade
|
Posted - 2007.04.02 07:12:00 -
[61]
u got me there for a second... :D
|

NupNQ
|
Posted - 2007.04.02 07:46:00 -
[62]
you really got me with that... good one... bastids :P
|

Jordan Musgrat
Convergent Firmus Ixion
|
Posted - 2007.04.02 08:05:00 -
[63]
Edited by: Jordan Musgrat on 02/04/2007 08:06:26 1) The death penalty makes this game a game that turns away immature people... Which those of us playing like.
2) Never losing mods will make the named/T2/faction/officer market plummet. Really, after giving away so many more T2 bpos and introducing invention, you have done enough harm for one year.
3) Concord in low sec....................... I am very ashamed that I think I need to explain :( Concord is for high sec. Low sec is where you don't get much protection, and where you have to risk your ship and mods every freaking time..... Concord in low sec is almost as wrong as WierdBeird.
4) What you have done in this post is take the vast majority of risk away from playing this game we call EvE. As it is now, only mature people who are willing to put effort into something that could vanish in an instant are drawn to the game.... After these changes, the little WoW kids will come en masse and ruin the game. If you make these changes, you will absolutely destroy the game, and drive away the bulk of your hard core fan base. Many people play for the chance to have the big alliances, the big titans, moms, the patch of space. You will create a vast player vacuum where most of the old players leave and only the nublets are left....
5) I am seriously pretty angry reading this dev blog over and over again. I have no idea what you are thinking. If it is April Fools, you need to take some sensitivity courses.
EDIT: Oh good, after reading the other replies, I have never been happier to say that in fact, I was the nublet, I actually fell for it... But crappit, it's not April 1st anymore and it's still up there. Get the heresy down please. -----------
Primary is family values, secondary is 0.0... |

Benco97
Gallente Multiverse Corporation The Core Collective
|
Posted - 2007.04.02 08:05:00 -
[64]
Funny, the sad thing is all the muppets saying they WANT those changes 
"MY GOD KEEP THIS AWAY FROM BENCO97!!!!!" - Constantine Arcanum |

Chris Aluqah
|
Posted - 2007.04.02 08:11:00 -
[65]
well, I'm a carebear and I'd hate these changes altogether, but I should've guessed it's an april fool's.
not particularly funny, I'd have preffered a hilarious news item or smth, but that's just me, another CCP customer who has opinion about everything ;)
|

Zahril
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2007.04.02 08:12:00 -
[66]
Finally is all I can say! Maybe these changes will get me venture out from my 1.0 stronghold. Just one suggestion though players should be able to contract Concord attack posses in 0.0 aswell so every could take part in the big war going on. Oh and Concord protection shouldn¦t be too expensive since new players start with only 5k isk. Actually I think the starting isk should be raised to 150million at least so one could buy and fit a decent battleship right away. Though this raises the problem of having so few skillpoints when you start...I think system of having 10 million skillpoints you could distribute as you wanted would be better. After these changes you can expect to see a drastic change in subscriber numbers! |

Neslo
Gallente Reikoku Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2007.04.02 08:21:00 -
[67]
Originally by: CCP Ginger Hey guys, Oveur asked me to write a dev blog on some of the new features that are coming in Revelations 2 that we have been thinking about for some time over here at CCP.
So, I hope you will all join me in welcoming in these new changes, check them out here.
You know how to tell this is an april fools joke. It had WAY too much information. Next time be vague like... we're looking into changing the cloning. (and leave it at that!) then it's more feasible.
 
From Ashes to Ashes... From Dust to Dust.... |

EscapeArtist
Caldari Deviance Inc
|
Posted - 2007.04.02 08:22:00 -
[68]
"Generic Hosts for Optimal Secure Transportö - G.H.O.S.T
LoLs... April de Fools is always a fun time.
CONCORD insurance... Love it! That would make a life a pain in the arse. ------ I am Legend |

Sola Sun
|
Posted - 2007.04.02 08:30:00 -
[69]
Edited by: Sola Sun on 02/04/2007 08:27:37 1st thought: "this game is going to same hell as ultima online, and in exactly same way"
2nd thought: "manage account -> cancel pending subscription"
3rd thought: "muahaha, april 1st!"
Thanks for creating a true PvP environment, ignoring screams of "increasing player base by all possible means".
You have your own private niche on market, do not loose your unique face in stinky mob of EQ-WOW-alikes, whatever fresh-from-colledge marketologists say.
Reading this was a shock, leading to better understanding, what a precious jewel we have in EVE. Continue to keep it away from dirty Trammelites' hands!
And again, thank you, CCP.
|
|

CCP Wrangler

|
Posted - 2007.04.02 08:36:00 -
[70]
Since it's april 2nd, yes it was an april fools Blog. We will not be removing the death cost in EVE. 
I still can't believe some people fell for this... 
Wrangler Assistant Community Manager EVE Online
Contact Support - Contact Moderators - Report Bug - Submit News Leads - Knowledge Base Player Guide - Policies - Join ISD - Fan Submissions - DevFinder LiteÖ |
|

Zahril
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2007.04.02 08:40:00 -
[71]
Awww :/ why did you have post that Wrangler I was having fun with this thread :|
|

Ilfar
Minmatar Manta Ice
|
Posted - 2007.04.02 08:52:00 -
[72]
You got me. :P In my defense, I'm GMT+12 so it hasn't been April Fools for most of a day now ;) *-----------------------* Press to test... *click* Release to detonate... |

Queen Hades
|
Posted - 2007.04.02 08:55:00 -
[73]
And this is not an april joke:
I don't play Eve actively anymore. In RL I have a girlfriend, an interesting hobby and a job. I don't care for "z0mg I'm the most uber gankbear" and other geek stuff.
Still I keep my accounts, maybe this game will someday take a direction that appeals to me again, like the april jokes that CCP Ginger presented to us. A game I can play while my girlfriend is taking a shower, etc...
The preparation time for fun in this game is too high. When the first rush of "z0mg I can fit my ship and all that cool stuff wtf?!" has worn off, about 95% of the gaming experience is preparing yourself for a few seconds of pvp action.
No, thanks.
Second reason being that I, from a more philosophical point of view, always considered my species (Homo Sapiens Sapiens, that is) an intelligent one, with the ability to cooperate, to show compassion and to exhibit altruistic behaviour.
What I got here was rather a display of the worst qualities our species is able to come up with. Griefing, sadism, spite, mischievousness are the driving forces for players in this game. Maybe not for the beginners, but many people fall for this dark side.
|

Ifni
Developmental Neogenics Amalgamated
|
Posted - 2007.04.02 09:04:00 -
[74]
Originally by: CCP Wrangler Since it's april 2nd, yes it was an april fools Blog. We will not be removing the death cost in EVE. 
I still can't believe some people fell for this... 
It's a reading comprehension thing that got me. I read the first two paragraphs, went balistic on teamspeak, and proceeded to be ridiculed by my corpmates.
Had I read it in its entirity I would've seen it for what it was.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!
You take what is offered. And that must sometimes be enough. |

Akita T
Caldari Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
|
Posted - 2007.04.02 09:09:00 -
[75]
Originally by: CCP Wrangler I still can't believe some people fell for this... 
Hey, you don't put an IQ test on signup, you'll always have people who fall for it, and scam victims. Oh god, please think of the scammers, what would they do without guillable targets ? _ MySkills | Module/Rig stacknerfing explained |

Xelios
Minmatar Rampage Eternal Ka-Tet
|
Posted - 2007.04.02 09:31:00 -
[76]
Edited by: Xelios on 02/04/2007 09:27:13 I think it's time to upgrade the sentry guns again.
|

Sathynos
Caldari Pink Bunnies C0VEN
|
Posted - 2007.04.02 10:11:00 -
[77]
I hope this is april fool. Or I will drive you over with a truck. -- "Say yes to pron on Concord billboards" campaing. Eve mercenaries portal: http://www.eve-mercs.com |

General Apocalypse
Amarr The Merchant Marines
|
Posted - 2007.04.02 10:41:00 -
[78]
You bloody ba**** , you almost gave me a heart attack  
Then i looked at the date   
*capital pheeew
Originally by: Verone
The day I go Anti-Pirate is the day satan shall be ice skating to work.
|

Ishana
Minmatar The Black Rabbits Fatal Persuasion
|
Posted - 2007.04.02 11:00:00 -
[79]
Almost fell for it since it's april 2nd now 
What worries me most is that I actually thought. "Well that sucks, but I'm not suprised, goodbye eve..."
Thank god it's a joke! _________________________________________________________
|

BobbyRaider
|
Posted - 2007.04.02 11:03:00 -
[80]
Excellent :)
Almost had me rushing off to quick-sell my huge stock of sexeh implants, hehe
Bobby
|

Roshan longshot
Gallente Ordos Humanitas FREGE Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.04.02 11:12:00 -
[81]
Thats it...your on the list Ginger...Ovuer your on it too....
Free-form Professions, ensure no limetations on professions. Be a trader, fighter, industialist, researcher, hunter pirate or mixture of them all.
[i]As read from the original box.
|

Zaqar
|
Posted - 2007.04.02 11:19:00 -
[82]
Originally by: Zahril Awww :/ why did you have post that Wrangler I was having fun with this thread :|
Don't worry - some people will still not get the joke ;-)
|

Niccolado Starwalker
Shadow Templars
|
Posted - 2007.04.02 11:53:00 -
[83]
Originally by: CCP Wrangler Since it's april 2nd, yes it was an april fools Blog. We will not be removing the death cost in EVE. 
I still can't believe some people fell for this... 
Wrangler, next time try something in the line: "CCP company bought up by SOE. EVE Online revamp forming up!"
Then, sit down in a deep chair, bring popcorn and a beer, and watch the outcry and havoc take place!  
Originally by: Eldo Davip PORTRAITS OMFG WOOT. WE R GONIG FOR MROE BREEE!!!!11
|

Tara Ryala
Caldari Science and Trade Institute
|
Posted - 2007.04.02 11:55:00 -
[84]
Edited by: Tara Ryala on 02/04/2007 11:51:50 You should have added something about how you are going to fix lag, but that might have made it too obvious an April fools. 
|

Komen
Gallente Industrial Services INC
|
Posted - 2007.04.02 11:55:00 -
[85]
Hmmm, changes that are basically antithetical to the basic philosophy of Eve? Couldn't be anything but April Fool's. Might as well play WoW, if those changes ever actually happened. ___________________________________
Wielder of the Trout of Doom(tm)! ___________________________________ |

Modestgod
|
Posted - 2007.04.02 12:35:00 -
[86]
tbh they should just give everyone titans and we can all fly around jumpbridging n00b ships through 0.0 and doomsdaying everyone.... that would be like really fun.....
(sarcasm)
|

Shigawahhhhh
Caldari Metalworks
|
Posted - 2007.04.02 12:48:00 -
[87]
Mate of mine was posting stuff from this in a IRC channel...then he gave me the link. Went and read it and went ummm...okay...then went hang on whats the date (cuase its late on the 2nd at the time of writing for me). Then called him a idiot hehe.
I do love how many people were getting ****ed off at CCP cuase they thought it wasn't april fools. Seriously anything on a website about a major change on april fools is not serious EVER!!!!!
|

Ankanos
Caldari School of Applied Knowledge
|
Posted - 2007.04.02 12:53:00 -
[88]
geeezzuuuss H christ!! -you just had me ranting and raving to my g/f...: "OMG no!! -i knew merging with an american company would end up turning Eve into a candy coated PC love fest!!"
i'm screaming, "nOoOOo, there goes any chance of my heart pounding in low sec/0.0 ever again, those stupid greedy marketing fools in suits drugged Oveur, brainwashed him and finally got their way!" -etc etc..
on top of it, i see a CCP dev named Ginger (!?) authoring the post and i'm like oh no... pleeease tell me it's a joke..
you guys really know how to make someone spit their morning coffee out!
dont you ever even *think* of doing that..again.
/me goes and looks for some Valium
-good one guys
-ank..
--- |

Ferreus Malukar
The X-Trading Company Dusk and Dawn
|
Posted - 2007.04.02 13:04:00 -
[89]
Well I liked what I read... 
|

Armun Arras
|
Posted - 2007.04.02 13:17:00 -
[90]
Originally by: CCP Wrangler I still can't believe some people fell for this... 
Yes, it's interesting.
The bad news for you guys is, since you pulled the prank after 12 noon, you are now forfeit the school yard policies of a bad joke, this includes receiving a Chinese Burn; administered by myself at your offices.
And our calling you fatty fat fat fat, no matter how lean you might be, for two weeks.
And Ginger in person is to be pegged to the ground with, have jam smeared on their face, and left for the insects to enjoy 
Ah Kids, they come up the best punishments 
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |