Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Unscheduled Downtime - 2016/01/10

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 3 post(s)
Pert Errant
Pert Errant
Assecla in Tellure
CeskoSlovenska Aliance

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2017.01.10 14:56:39 - [241] - Quote

What about gate.eveonline mail services? It seems to be still offline eventhou the rest is up and running? :_)
AgentFruitfly
AgentFruitfly
FlyinPenguin Enterprises

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2017.01.10 15:28:11 - [242] - Quote

lol @ ppl bi***ing over a couple of hours of dt. noobbros weren't here in the old days.
Goodtime Girl
Goodtime Girl
Dyslexics Are Teople POO
Dot Dot Dot

Posted - 2017.01.10 16:23:24 - [243] - Quote

Check for a boot.ini ...... oh wait you deleted it Big smile
Rsgm Vaille
Rsgm Vaille
Ascendent.
Test Alliance Please Ignore

Posted - 2017.01.10 16:56:06 - [244] - Quote

This is why you don't try to fix pos code
Julien Brellier
Julien Brellier
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2017.01.10 16:56:06 - [245] - Quote

Yowsa......this is the first rollback I've ever heard of EVE having.

Flashmala
Flashmala
Rogue Clones
Yulai Federation

Posted - 2017.01.10 17:07:36 - [246] - Quote

Julien Brellier wrote:
Yowsa......this is the first rollback I've ever heard of EVE having.

http://i.imgur.com/6xIzd8b.png

Age does not diminish the extreme disappointment of having a scoop of ice cream fall from the cone.

Owen Levanth
Owen Levanth
Sagittarius Unlimited Exploration

Posted - 2017.01.10 18:06:01 - [247] - Quote

I'm glad this happened. I thought after the boot.ini incident nothing funny would ever happen again. Today taught me differently. You have my support, CCP! P
Lady Crius
Lady Crius
Hephaestus Iron Mills

Posted - 2017.01.10 18:30:29 - [248] - Quote

Please fix the gate.eveonline.com service.
I nees to access mails and work :P
Trevize Demerzel
Trevize Demerzel

Posted - 2017.01.10 18:43:16 - [249] - Quote

Proserpol wrote:
You need to be in range to restart this server ...Roll

Beat me to it!

-

Eleonora Crendraven
Eleonora Crendraven
Global Communications AG

Posted - 2017.01.10 19:07:58 - [250] - Quote

Luna Le Fey wrote:
did you try turning it off and back on again ?

Turn it off and on againBlink Oh sweet memories...

https://twitter.com/gcAG_EVE

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Eleonora_Crendraven

GëíGïüGëí

Tuttomenui II
Tuttomenui II
Aliastra
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2017.01.10 19:36:30 - [251] - Quote

Eleonora Crendraven wrote:
Luna Le Fey wrote:
did you try turning it off and back on again ?

Turn it off and on againBlink Oh sweet memories...

CCP Tuxford did that once, It didn't go over to well.
Sasha Nemtsov
Sasha Nemtsov
New Order Logistics
CODE.

Posted - 2017.01.10 22:08:38 - [252] - Quote

Lady Crius wrote:
Please fix the gate.eveonline.com service.
I nees to access mails and work :P

Just reiterating this request, in case it gets buried.
Ruddger
Ruddger
Hmmzor.
Muffins of Mayhem

Posted - 2017.01.10 22:13:11 - [253] - Quote

We're experiencing blizzard of the century where I live. First snow day in 40 years. Even the ski resorts closed. I finally get a chance to log in and crap! Downtime!

What's been going on? Im on **** internet and tried to read and get an idea. Lag? T2 bpos?Roll backs?! someone give me a 4 sentence summary of wtf is going on in the week ive been off grid
Mama Baer
Mama Baer
Panzer Recycling Station

Posted - 2017.01.10 22:30:09 - [254] - Quote

If such a thing happens to Wargaming, then you get a full day of premium, if you have an active subscription. Here we lost 1h of playtime for nothing?
Keno Skir
Keno Skir

Posted - 2017.01.10 22:51:50 - [255] - Quote

Mama Baer wrote:
Wargaming

What is that some game nobody's ever heard of or something?

<Gùï> 250,000 Bonus SP when you start an Alpha Clone HERE <Gùï>

Including ISK Bonus & In Game Assistance - Piracy / Wormhole Space / Covops PvP

Mama Baer
Mama Baer
Panzer Recycling Station

Posted - 2017.01.11 05:25:13 - [256] - Quote

Somebody
Remiel Pollard
Remiel Pollard
Shock Treatment Ministries

Posted - 2017.01.11 06:26:19 - [257] - Quote

Mama Baer wrote:
If such a thing happens to Wargaming, then you get a full day of premium, if you have an active subscription. Here we lost 1h of playtime for nothing?

One hour of game time in EVE for someone subscribing at the max price is worth about 2 cents. I'm sure if you petition and ask nicely, they might consider giving you that 2 cents back.

GÇ£Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.GÇ¥ - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Sophs Monster
Sophs Monster
science and trade institute
Caldari State

Posted - 2017.01.11 06:47:07 - [258] - Quote

So does Eve Online patch like World Of Warcraft? ie They dispatch the patches beforehand and make them live, unlike say Elite Dangerous, which just releases patches when they are like and oyu download them that day.
Nyx Viliana
Nyx Viliana
Not Recruting

Posted - 2017.01.11 07:01:36 - [259] - Quote

AngryCanuk wrote:
Elenahina wrote:
Lattimer Larkin wrote:
Hey, look, my first downtime! So, what's the longest anyone remembers a downtime lasting? I'd love to hear some stories!

Couple days.

And there was the time they broke star gates. That was pretty amusing.

There was a time they broke the boot.ini....

They did not break it, as I remember it they deleted it as part of the update, and then forgot to reinstall it.

- I am linking this only because I saw an ISD forum guy link it somewhere else :P
Nyx Viliana
Nyx Viliana
Not Recruting

Posted - 2017.01.11 07:07:35 - [260] - Quote

Hexion Deteis wrote:
Fappp wrote:
Nyx Viliana wrote:

Hi there,

As someone who has played eve for years now, welcome.

CCP have done a wonderful job over the years, patches for the most part go much smoother now. I can remember when eve was down for hours and hours at a time. So rest assured. This is not common and it is not usually this bad.

Welcome to eve, and may Bob have mercy on your soul

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Ofcourse I heard of EVE, and about 6 years ago I first tried it. Got some kids who needed to be fed, so that kept me away. Now I'm back to play it good! :D

Thought I was the only one.. Good luck - and if I see you on the Overview I'll go for you first ;)

Booom mwahahaha Cool
Nyx Viliana
Nyx Viliana
Not Recruting

Posted - 2017.01.11 07:10:00 - [261] - Quote

Joe Turnbull wrote:
wonder if we'll get a 2nd "emergency downtime" again like last time this happened XD

How long ago was the last roll back - I don't remember one in many many years.

If you are referring to the TQ hardware switch, no matter how much they did, that was never going to go smoothly
Kate S'jet
Kate S'jet
The Scope
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2017.01.11 08:58:17 - [262] - Quote

Roll backs are sometimes a major effort so much so its sometimes easier to build a brand new server and load all the meta data. good luck CCP, and keep feeding the IT guys with healthier food other than Pizza. They need low GI food to sustain the long hours of work. Energy drinks allowed (e.g but not limited to RedBull - go sugarless thought)
Big smileShockedCoolBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile
Eugene Kerner
Eugene Kerner
TunDraGon
Lost Obsession

Posted - 2017.04.11 07:59:18 - [263] - Quote

That is what they call "old news".
Alas there is no lock and it is literally the oldest possible thread to molest.

TunDraGon is recruiting! "Also, your boobs [:o] " -á CCP Eterne, 2012 "When in doubt...make a di++k joke."-áRobin Williams - RIP

DeMichael Crimson
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2017.04.11 11:16:47 - [264] - Quote

Eugene Kerner wrote:
That is what they call "old news".
Alas there is no lock and it is literally the oldest possible thread to molest.

Well, a thread takes 90 days of inactivity from the last posted reply for it to become locked.

This thread was already dead and would have been buried (locked) tomorrow but you just had to resurrect it and now it's alive again.

Ugh

DMC

'The Plan' | California Eve Players | Proposal - The Endless Battle

ISD Max Trix
ISD Max Trix
ISD Community Communications Liaisons

Posted - 2017.04.11 11:54:41 - [265] - Quote

and now its locked. If you would have just left it alone it would have died on its own.

ISD Max Trix

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,08s, ref 20240424/0032
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.