Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Skill Queue Issues - 2017/06/09

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s)
FlySilver
FlySilver
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2017.06.09 15:46:07 - [1] - Quote

Rexxar Santaro wrote:
Lquid Drisseg wrote:

I am a software developer. This is not a hard problem to solve. They already have it solved. Skill training is already a thing. It would not be hard to add in a base level of training that occurs regardless of your queued skills and attribute levels.

Please don't claim this is a hard problem, especially when the vast majority of the actual hard work has already been implemented.

IGÇÖm pointing that the server multithreading programing is very complicated and anything missed can turn into huge problems. ItGÇÖs far away not like to client desktop or mobile apps, but nm.

The problem is most of those threads arenGÇÖt obviously predictable, based on some linear function, which you can apply additive to all data. ItGÇÖs mostly random, which should take into consideration what everyone did the last 10 hours, including subscription gain/lost, plexes, skill injection, skill extraction, attribute changes. Maybe somebody get podded and was for 1 hour at station without any attribute implants active you know. It requires to analyze a lot of log records and recreate the story based on them.

I offered to grant to everyone a micro SkillInjector, as average SP for all accounts. Almost all will be happy and CCP will not waste time on this.

I'm pointing that you obviously have no idea about multithreading programing. If you think it is very complicated you most likely have no experience in programming at all. I would even go as far as to say that all of the threads are predictable. The Reason it is that way, is "obviously", you code that Threads yourself. If you have to rely on other Threads you dont have written yourself you do not in any way expect those Threads to behave at all and work with them in a completely different way that has nothing to do with "multithreaded programing" in its basic meaning.

But to tackle the SP you might be surprise that "some linear function" is actually the way SP generation works. The only thing is it runs on Timers and will change its "linear" function between Timerticks. Obviously CCP allready did cover the Injecting/Extracting and unallocated SP Pool so it is highly unlikely it would need big changes except manipulating the timers.
And for changing the parameters of that "linear function" just try to think about what happens when you change your skillqeue manually or the learned skill switches during the time you are not logged in.

No matter if it would be possible to switch the system i dont like the way Skilling works in the first place with all the Implants.
I know its a you Risk something and get more Reward thing but the idea behind it is contrary to the EVE Gameplay in general.
How often did someone not go on a fleet because he had allready clonejumped and all. The Implants other thant the attribute ones themself would still be there but not tied to your skilling but rather the ship your using. And yes i know you can now hop into a empty Clone in a Citadel but it is a hazzle to do it.

So i propose getting rid of the Attributes in total, getting rid of the Attribute Implants and let us buy Skillaccelerators like CCP has allready introduced us to. And just let the SP go into the unallocated Pool.

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,05s, ref 20240424/2220
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.