Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Skill Queue Issues - 2017/06/09

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s)
CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2017.06.09 10:28:36 - [1] - Quote

The content of this forum post is also reflected here as a news item on the community portal.

After a script was run yesterday to address an issue with Ghost Training, we received a number of reports that some pilots had noticed their skill queues had been paused and their characters were not training.

The cause for this was identified as an issue with the script that was run, which didn't behave as expected and has resulted in a significant number of pilots losing training time over the course of the last 24 hours.

We're currently in the process of applying a fix for this, which will identify all the affected accounts, and will automatically restart training for those who haven't already logged in and done so.

Once this process has been completed, we will look to compensate all affected pilots in the coming days with a refund of skillpoints lost due to this issue.

Sincerest apologies for any confusion or inconvenience that this issue with training has caused!

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Lulu Lunette
Lulu Lunette
Savage Moon Society

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2017.06.09 10:36:59 - [2] - Quote

=ƒÿç

@lunettelulu7

Max Deveron
Max Deveron
Deveron Shipyards and Technology

Posted - 2017.06.09 10:53:59 - [3] - Quote

Thank you Falcon and CCP

For your quick reply and update info on the issue at hand.
Maldam
Maldam
The Library Association
Wormlife

Posted - 2017.06.09 10:55:06 - [4] - Quote

Just noticed this on all my accounts, and had to log in and activate training on 3 accounts and secondary training on 2.

I do not know when they all got turned off. I assume somehow it will all be sorted out, and my thanks in advance for that.
The Judge
The Judge
Balkan Mafia
Circle-Of-Two

Posted - 2017.06.09 10:57:46 - [5] - Quote

I'm sure everyone appreciates the update. Thanks everyone working on the issue!

CSM XII Member and CSM XI Permanent Attendee

Diplomat for Circle-Of-Two

@_TheJudge on Twitter

[email protected]

Salvos Rhoska
Salvos Rhoska

Posted - 2017.06.09 11:04:13 - [6] - Quote

Will Ghost training be prevented?

Since there may be a reimbursement of SP to players whom the script ran awry on, might it be possible to withdraw SP from players whom benefited from Ghost training in the preceding time?

PvE v PvP <> Old School Exploration <> CODE Licenses <> CODE Special Agent

Joan Andedare
Joan Andedare
Licence To Kill
Mercenary Coalition

Posted - 2017.06.09 11:06:38 - [7] - Quote

thank you for working on the issue.

and in the future please

1. test **** like this before you **** with your players
  2. improve your communication. there should have been some notification in the laucher (and maybe even in game) ~10h ago.
Le Prospecteur
Le Prospecteur
El Ultimo Hombre
Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2017.06.09 11:14:59 - [8] - Quote

Joan Andedare wrote:
thank you for working on the issue.

and in the future please

1. test **** like this before you **** with your players
  2. improve your communication. there should have been some notification in the laucher (and maybe even in game) ~10h ago.

Lose the attitude..

10 hours ago was the middle of the night..
April rabbit
April rabbit
Mosquito Squadron
The-Culture

Posted - 2017.06.09 11:16:09 - [9] - Quote

So...
Ghost training was(is) a thing? Lol

And yes, it's always good to warn people when you plan to do something potentially dangerous.
Xianax
Xianax
Nordic Hawks
Phalanx Federation

Posted - 2017.06.09 11:18:17 - [10] - Quote

It's a shame that the fix for ghost training came 7 months too late...
Nana Skalski
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei

Posted - 2017.06.09 11:21:11 - [11] - Quote

I think it was only temporary fix to adress ghost training. Runing script once or couple of times is not permanent fix I understand, it only affects accounts permanently, until next ghost training session.

ߦçߦáߦç-Ç-ŠߦÿߦÇ-Çߦ¢ ߦÅ-ô ß¦Ç +óߦÇߦìߦç -£ß¦ç-ƒß¦ÿs ߦ¢ß¦Å ߦ¢ß¦ç-ƒ-ƒ ß¦Ç sߦ¢ß¦Å-Ç-Å =ƒôò

ߦí-£ß¦ç-Çߦç +¬s ߦÇ+¦+ó-Ç-ŠߦäߦÅ+¦ß¦äߦÅ-Çߦà +óߦ£-Šߦí-£ß¦ç+¦ -ÅߦÅߦ£ +¦ß¦çߦçߦà -£+¬ß¦ì

ߦÅsߦÿ-Çߦç-Å =ƒÜÇ

GëíGïüGëí GÖÑ

Raging Beaver
Raging Beaver
Bat Country
Pandemic Legion

Posted - 2017.06.09 11:23:14 - [12] - Quote

Will there be any consequences to the people that profited off ghost training?
Don Pera Saissore
Don Pera Saissore

Posted - 2017.06.09 11:26:40 - [13] - Quote

Raging Beaver wrote:

That would require effort
Salvos Rhoska
Salvos Rhoska

Posted - 2017.06.09 11:59:26 - [14] - Quote

Don Pera Saissore wrote:
Raging Beaver wrote:

That would require effort

Everything worth doing, does.

PvE v PvP <> Old School Exploration <> CODE Licenses <> CODE Special Agent

Joan Maetsuycker
Joan Maetsuycker
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire

Posted - 2017.06.09 12:22:30 - [15] - Quote

easy remboursement is to give one mini skill injector to the customers then handle all the reimbursement with customer care

don't know of evemon is right I train 1800 SP/hr so 8 hour loss makes a mini skill injector
Othran
Othran
Route One

Posted - 2017.06.09 12:27:15 - [16] - Quote

We've had ghost training before guys & I don't think anyone got punished for it. Then again you couldn't sell SPs back then so I dunno.

I suspect anyone who's done it inadvertantly on a couple of accounts will be fine. Others who have farmed it deliberately will probably login one day to find massive negative balances on mains.

I seriously doubt anyone will get banned over this unless RMT is involved.

Wish I'd noticed it TBH but my accounts are typically plexed for a year or so - even when I'm not playing for years (like now).

I did wonder why SP injectors had such a low profit margin - when you take into account time & extractor cost. Guess its a good job I didn't mindrape the alt of 20mill SPs the other week Lol
Mr Epeen
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me

Posted - 2017.06.09 12:29:14 - [17] - Quote

Raging Beaver wrote:
That could be anyone who let their Omega lapse and didn't log in to immediately stop the queue. That's potentially a whole lot of people.

More trouble than it's worth, in my opinion. A big can of worms considering how badly they implemented this simple fix. As it is this will cost them a huge chunk of training time reimbursement.

Just be glad they finally addressed the issue and hopefully fixed it the first time so we don't have this issue again.

Mr Epeen Cool
SIEGE RED
SIEGE RED
The Darwin Initiative

Posted - 2017.06.09 12:42:21 - [18] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
The content of this forum post is also reflected here as a news item on the community portal.

After a script was run yesterday to address an issue with Ghost Training, we received a number of reports that some pilots had noticed their skill queues had been paused and their characters were not training.

The cause for this was identified as an issue with the script that was run, which didn't behave as expected and has resulted in a significant number of pilots losing training time over the course of the last 24 hours.

We're currently in the process of applying a fix for this, which will identify all the affected accounts, and will automatically restart training for those who haven't already logged in and done so.

Once this process has been completed, we will look to compensate all affected pilots in the coming days with a refund of skillpoints lost due to this issue.

Sincerest apologies for any confusion or inconvenience that this issue with training has caused!

A question if I may, my petition received an automated message, pointing me here. But it is a little confusing.

I do have accounts where skill training magically paused. But I've also been having this issue independant of whatever may be the case here. Case in point, this morning I found out that my skills had stopped training a little over 4 days ago. So not 24 hours.

Now the petition message mentions the following:

"Please reply to the ticket should it not address the issue that you are experiencing with your skill training to return to your original spot in the ticket queue and a Game Master will address it shortly."

If I reply, I'm likely to end up in the unfortunate weeks long queue for processing. If I don't, some of my characters will be visited by a friendly GM in a hot nurse uniform - but others won't.

So, any suggestion as to best practices here? Take the chance and reply, or not?
Arrow Jumpdrive
Arrow Jumpdrive

Posted - 2017.06.09 12:43:32 - [19] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:

Thanks for the heads up Falcon...

Personally, I lost 3 days of training time. Anything coming down the wire about reimbursement for time lost ?. Perhaps a skill point injection for a fix ?.
Cypherous
Cypherous
Cypherous Corporation

Posted - 2017.06.09 12:44:01 - [20] - Quote

Joan Maetsuycker wrote:
easy remboursement is to give one mini skill injector to the customers then handle all the reimbursement with customer care

don't know of evemon is right I train 1800 SP/hr so 8 hour loss makes a mini skill injector

That would be basically giving people the ability to get ISK for a minor disruption, they will add the SP directly to the pool so you can apply it to the character that missed out on it rather than letting you give it to any character
Raging Beaver
Raging Beaver
Bat Country
Pandemic Legion

Posted - 2017.06.09 12:45:00 - [21] - Quote

Mr Epeen wrote:
Raging Beaver wrote:
That could be anyone who let their Omega lapse and didn't log in to immediately stop the queue. That's potentially a whole lot of people.

More trouble than it's worth, in my opinion. A big can of worms considering how badly they implemented this simple fix. As it is this will cost them a huge chunk of training time reimbursement.

Just be glad they finally addressed the issue and hopefully fixed it the first time so we don't have this issue again.

Mr Epeen Cool

I disagree, the ones that inadvertently benefited can probably be separated from the group that actviely used this bug for profit quite easily. Some people may even be unaware that such a thing happened (not everybody reads forums/news/reddit and tracks their skill queue). Those that exploited this should however be punished. I'm not going to be delving into the details of what the punishment should be but it was clearly exploitation of an unintended game mechanic and letting it go shouldn't even be an option.
Cypherous
Cypherous
Cypherous Corporation

Posted - 2017.06.09 12:45:19 - [22] - Quote

Arrow Jumpdrive wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:

Thanks for the heads up Falcon...

Anything coming down the wire about reimbursement for time lost ?. Perhaps a skill point injection for a fix ?.

How are you working out that a script ran YESTERDAY cost you 3 days of SP? i mean, i know EVE doesn't follow all the rules of spacetime but you can't fit 3 days in to 12 hours :P
Khan Wrenth
Khan Wrenth
HC - BLUEberryPIE

Posted - 2017.06.09 12:58:59 - [23] - Quote

Well it's a minor inconvenience, but I see you guys are already on top of fixing and getting compensation in place. I appreciate the swift professionalism and courtesy.

Let's discuss overhauling the way we get intel in EvE.

Grella Khurelem
Grella Khurelem
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2017.06.09 13:00:19 - [24] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:

There is another fix needed for this. Code reviews and testing. Omega characters should never have been affected by this. That should have been caught if any QA was done on this. Obviously none was done. Please make sure your development processes are looked into along with the skill queues.
Eternus8lux8lucis
Eternus8lux8lucis
Primus Inc.
LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM

Posted - 2017.06.09 13:07:41 - [25] - Quote

So Ghost training came back from the dead once again. Last time this, and ghost RP collecting, ghost manufacturing and ghost R&D was around, ghost market orders are still a thing though and always have been, CCP never punished anyone just fixed their mistakes. In fact the only thing, other than EULA breaking mistakes, CCP has taken things away from players for was the FW farming where certain players made trillions of isk in a few days or weeks. Again, something CCP overlooked, and left open to players to exploit and abuse.

In fact CCP has many times actually commended us for being very ingenuitive in how we break features or things in unexpected ways, and some are even considered "emergent gameplay" when they occur from such coding or unforseen balancing issues. I think even Falcon has said as much before iirc.

So for all of you crying foul. You really need to read up on a few things in Eves past before you do.

That being said. It was good to go back to the old days for a while again, had to end sometime.BlinkTwisted

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Rexxar Santaro
Rexxar Santaro
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2017.06.09 13:21:44 - [26] - Quote

It happened, looks like, at early morning of 2017-06-09. Maybe 10 hours passed since. BTW, yesterday I encountered high latency and huge lags on some UI between 21:00 -22:00 ST.

Just grant to everyone a micro SkillInjector :)...
Lord CH0w
Lord CH0w
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective

Posted - 2017.06.09 13:32:36 - [27] - Quote

And here i was wondering if eveboard is broken...

7o
Hothin
Hothin
Page Family
Page Family Alliance

Posted - 2017.06.09 13:36:45 - [28] - Quote

i personally just logged on & noticed the sp issue , i have multiple chars training on this account, i dont know when this started, but until now i have lost sp, i think we all should get some sp on everuy char on every account tbh
Lokinder Lordath
Lokinder Lordath
Ascendance
Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2017.06.09 13:38:43 - [29] - Quote

All of my accounts but my Alpha account had queues stopped. I had checked last night before bed so found it within 8 hours. I'm good with points being refunded or whatever, however, I'd take a bonus remap instead if you wanna :).
Lquid Drisseg
Lquid Drisseg
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2017.06.09 13:40:59 - [30] - Quote

This seems like a really really simple problem to fix going forward.

There are seemingly constant issues with the SP system. People unsubbing and still training, trying to fix that problem at 1AM and causing more headaches to fix, people's skill queues running out and it still not being enough of an incentive to care to login, the massive influx of petitions all of these things can seemingly cause.

Why cant we just make this simple for everyone?

If you have skills in a queue, they train at the attribute level rate. If you "pause" your skillqueue or otherwise are not training anything and still subbed, just give accounts a calculated fair SP rate passively.

No more petitions for reimbursing SP, no more people complaining that their skill queues ran out or were paused on them by a not-fully-vetted patch script, no more excessive petitions taking up support staff's time trying to calculate the amount of SP that should be reimbursed.

Just make SP accumulation a passive thing that you apply in chunks as you want to train skills.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,06s, ref 20240328/1517
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.