| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s) |

DubanFP
Caldari Four Rings D-L
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 13:51:00 -
[1]
Edited by: DubanFP on 19/05/2007 13:53:11 Just a place to post your "OMG I can't believe this really is happening lucky moments".
Like one time i jumped into a system and forgot to check local and warped to one of belts, mid warp i asked i realized it was taken and asked if i could have that 1 belt he said sure. Not only do i find a domination spawn but it also dropped a domination warp disruptor and domination webifier worth about 360 mil. He nearly freaked when i told him what it had dropped.
edit: and so another thread is born of boredum. ____________
DubanFP > where ever there is a player that's getting too rich, wherever there's an industrial with too much loot, wherever there is a noob with too much smack we'll be there... |

Jim McGregor
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 14:08:00 -
[2]
Edited by: Jim McGregor on 19/05/2007 14:12:39
When I tried the Hurricane with 7 turrets on the test server.
Yep, too good to be true alright.  --- Eve Wiki | Eve Tribune |
|

Deckard Bishop
Forum Moderator Interstellar Services Department

|
Posted - 2007.05.19 14:14:00 -
[3]
my first OMG momment....
jumping through 0.0 i jumped into a system in a shuttle there were a couple of pirates about so i went to a safe i had set up......
....and there, 500km from my safe was a freighter..... so i flew up to it and it was empty....
....so of course i jumped in it.
full of t2 and faction goodies :)
my first multi billion iskie haul :)
i was a nervous wreck getting it out of there!!! :)
forum rules | [email protected] | Our Website
Contact Support - Report Bug - Join ISD
|
|

DubanFP
Caldari Four Rings D-L
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 14:17:00 -
[4]
Originally by: Deckard Bishop my first OMG momment....
jumping through 0.0 i jumped into a system in a shuttle there were a couple of pirates about so i went to a safe i had set up......
....and there, 500km from my safe was a freighter..... so i flew up to it and it was empty....
....so of course i jumped in it.
full of t2 and faction goodies :)
my first multi billion iskie haul :)
i was a nervous wreck getting it out of there!!! :)
I'm not sure who to laugh at more, you for getting so INCREADIBLY lucky, or the guy who was stupid enough to leave that frieghter standing around. ____________
DubanFP > where ever there is a player that's getting too rich, wherever there's an industrial with too much loot, wherever there is a noob with too much smack we'll be there... |

Ralara
Caldari Exanimo Inc Triumvirate.
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 14:26:00 -
[5]
Originally by: Deckard Bishop my first OMG momment....
jumping through 0.0 i jumped into a system in a shuttle there were a couple of pirates about so i went to a safe i had set up......
....and there, 500km from my safe was a freighter..... so i flew up to it and it was empty....
....so of course i jumped in it.
full of t2 and faction goodies :)
my first multi billion iskie haul :)
i was a nervous wreck getting it out of there!!! :)

Real men CORPSE-TANK. |

Jim McGregor
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 14:32:00 -
[6]
And deckard wins the thread. --- Eve Wiki | Eve Tribune |

General Apocalypse
Amarr Dark-Rising Fallen Souls
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 14:35:00 -
[7]
I was gonna say that i found a BS and s indy full of tw stuff in 0.0 but a freighter pwns all  
Thank You SkyFlyer |

Janu Hull
Caldari Order of Z Industries
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 14:36:00 -
[8]
Trumps my best of a True Sansha Slave lord only a few tens of thousands of kilometers from Unity station...
This is my sig, there are many others just like it. With me, my sig is worthless. Without (or with even) my sig, I am worthless... |

w0rmy
Pringles Inc. YouWhat
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 14:38:00 -
[9]
Hearing my corpmate say on TS...
"OMG I just spent 9billion isk on 2 cruise launchers"
Originally by: CCP Oveur I'm very sorry w0rmy, I beg your forgiveness.
|

Svenstaro
Amarr Breath Of The Dying Pride - Honor - Duty
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 15:36:00 -
[10]
Originally by: General Apocalypse I was gonna say that i found a BS and s indy full of tw stuff in 0.0 but a freighter pwns all  
I just rofl'ed at your sig. ____________________________________________
Toy ship wallpapers |

Dark Shikari
Caldari Imperium Technologies Firmus Ixion
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 15:50:00 -
[11]
Originally by: w0rmy Hearing my corpmate say on TS...
"OMG I just spent 9billion isk on 2 cruise launchers"
I remember that story... didn't the person who originally sold them accidentally put them up for the wrong price to begin with or something? 
--23 Member--
Listen to EVE-Trance Radio! |

Luigi Thirty
Caldari FIRMA
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 15:53:00 -
[12]
I was ratting in AAA space and got an officer spawn, dropped 1B in loot and haven't seen one since  ---- DOMINIX IS INVINCIBLE:(((( |

Akkarin Pagan
Minmatar Raddick Explorations Executive Outcomes
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 16:02:00 -
[13]
It didn't earn me much isk, but I got an unexpected pvp fix teh other week while ratting. A lone goony ( I knew he was lone because of the myriad intel channles I am required to have open) in a Wolf jumped into my system.
Seconds later he warps into my belt just as my Tempest hits 1k/s heading towards the triple BS spawn I'd agroed. I started my locking sequence, hoping to catch him with the scrambler, but I needn't have bothered. Upon finding me, he thought he'd try and kill teh Tempest with his Wolf. Tempest comes around hard, the lock sequence finishes, I apply scram web 2 x heavy nos, my drones and 6 autocannons.
The goony didn't last long enough to kill off a hammerhead I 
Unfortunateley, all the nice stuff on his ship went up in the explosion. The moral of this story is that T2 goonies don't drop good loot :(
Akkarin Hopefully the mods won't play with this one
<3 - Immy
|

Jmanis Catharg
Caldari Dusk Blade
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 16:07:00 -
[14]
Told this story in other topics, but here it is again, why not :)
Coming from the Catch Region through a notorious 0.0 gatecamp back home in a PvE decked raven,, during a time when losing such a raven would actually be quite a financial burden for me (besides the raven, had about 20 mil ISK to my name).
During my travel, I fell into a BoB Large bubblecamp consisting of about 12 people, including 2-4 assorted assault frigates/inties for tacklers and about 8 gank BS/cruisers. Panicking, I didnt target a thing, but aligned to the nearest object, a planet. To this day I still have no idea what happened, I wasn't blue or anything,, but NOBODY targetted me. 40km of travel later to get out of range, I warped out, safespotted and logged out till after downtime.
When I logged back on, the bubble was still there, but there were no defenders. Shortly after my arrival (since i decided to run for the gate) a BoB battleship arrived, locked and fired upon me, but I was already home and hosed, jumped through, made it back to empire safe.
I wish I had fraps to prove it happened at the time,,, wish there was any account of it. Can't remember the names of any of the BoB guys at the camp,,, I'd say they're the only ones who could prove it,,,, but since I got away I can only assume none of them saw it either,, though god only knows how though,,,
|

Heaven Crest
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 16:23:00 -
[15]
So there I was, in .9 space, browsing through contracts. I could hear my heart in my ears as I browsed through the various bpc's, trying to find something that would relishing my rapidly dwindling funds. "Multiple items" Little did I know, I had finally found it. A drake BPC, 5 runs, worthless. I can buy a drake for 100k less than what it would take. A prophecy BPC, same runs, absolutely worthless, 1mil less. Then I saw it, a Myrmidon BPO, 20me, 10pe, all for only 18.5 million. It was mine, and in less than an hour, I had over 24x what it cost to buy the thing. It was only sweetened by the fact, that I found a contract by the same person, selling a myrmidon bpc for 400mil. Look at the heavens. Beautiful, aren't they? Take a good look, they wont be like that when I'm through. |

slothe
Caldari 0utbreak
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 16:28:00 -
[16]
i rememebr corp moving hq. i loaded all my stuff into a hauler (all the nice stuff), moved 15 jumps to new base.
i saw corp mates buzzing outside station. for a laugh i shot one. unfortunately at that time corp aggro meant sentries fired at you.
so the sentries opened up on the hauler, which wasnt in docking range....
boom boom
docked 5% structure :D
|

Zarrika Khan
Caldari No Quarter. Academy
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 16:43:00 -
[17]
I was moving some rat loot (around 500 million) in a cormorant from 68ft to Empire and at 9koe I came through a gate with a neutral interceptor on it all by himself. I selected my SV5 gate bookmark (yes this was pre-revelations) and warped off before he could get me warp scrammed... only to arrive 40 Kms BEHIND the SV5 gate in an interdictor bubble dropped by some -A- Sabre Pilot . I started to micro warp drive towards the gate for what little chance I had.. I was webbed and warp scrammed running my hardeners and shield booster (no guns fitted ) and I was into armour when the Interceptor from the first gate warped in us and started attacking the -A- Dictor who then left me alone to deal with his new threat.
I made it to the gate to hear the explosion... the Interceptor died and inadvertently saving me. 
I convo'd the Interceptor pilot later and thanked him for unintentionally saving me and my loot. Turns out they were war targets and I got really lucky. I gave him 10 mill towards a new interceptor as a "thank you, even if it was an accident" (he admitted he would have ganked me given the chance. )
|

Wylker
Caldari Pyrrhus Sicarii Aftermath Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 17:04:00 -
[18]
There was this time when a titan pilot logged off after his corp mate had hit him with a small smartbomb.....   
|

Akita T
Caldari Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 17:29:00 -
[19]
Originally by: Wylker There was this time when a titan pilot logged off after his corp mate had hit him with a small smartbomb.....   
MICRO smartbomb  _ MySkills | Module/Rig stacknerfing explained |

Frug
Zenithal Harvest
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 17:38:00 -
[20]
Ah, these are the best moments.
Back when I was newer and rather poor, I was just traveling around high sec and found a freshly created wreck. There were people around, but I think they were all on AP, so I flew up to it and OMG there was tech 2 stuff inside! I'd never had t2 anything before! A cap recharger, shield booster, and two blasters WOOT. Obviously I immediately ran in fear of whoever I just stole from but yeah baby.
- - - - - - - - - Do not use dotted lines - - - - - - - If you think I'm awesome, say BOOO BOOO!! - Ductoris Neat look what I found - Kreul Hey, my marbles |

000Hunter000
Gallente Magners Marauders
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 17:45:00 -
[21]
the 'u cannot do that while warping' message which means my ship went to warp... why this was lucky? Cuz i almost got wtfpwnbbq'ed by a whole bunch of npc's on a mission  CCP, let us pay the online shop with Direct Debit!!!
|

Ralara
Caldari Exanimo Inc Triumvirate.
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 17:56:00 -
[22]
I entered EC- in a pod into a hostile gatecamp (was in OXIDE at the time) and managed to move out of the large warp bubble without anyone locking me (no other people present other than campers).
I'm so worthless, not even my enemies want to waste ammo on me 
Real men CORPSE-TANK. |

mechtech
Entropy Industries
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 18:06:00 -
[23]
I was ratting in traveling in 0.0, not really paying attention, when I noticed local was 40 people. I approached the gate as fast as I could (pre-rev), but 40 goonfleet pilots in frigates warped in on me on their way to camp a Syndicate choke-point.
I got to the gate and jumped through, but was caught on the other side as I was aligning (before the BC agility boost). 40 frigates opened fire on me, and I started slowboating it back to the gate. The cyclone is a MEAN shield tanker, and I was actually dealing with the damage quite well.
Amazingly, not even one web was dropped on me from 40 people, and I made it 15km with just a T1 AB. I warped from the other side just as the fleet again followed me through.
From then on, I became attached to the minmatar shield tanking ships.
|

Ponticus
Amarr White Castel Corp
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 18:16:00 -
[24]
One time I found a webifier, a fleeting webifier I think, (SP?). I sold it for two million without even having to wait for a buyer, (someone was offering to buy for two mil). Helped pay for my destroyer :)
Later I sold a light laser for 360k ISK, which at that time was for me between chump change and trump change. Needless to say both instances made me happy. -----------
Serving the three basic food groups since 2007
Quote: I got the three basic food groups, BEANS BACON WHISKEY AND LARD!!!
|

Doono Casabia
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 18:28:00 -
[25]
Only just stated playing and earned my first million isk so i bought a merlin and flew into a 0.6 belt to find a named spawn, shot it and got a augmentation worth 25 million. I was a happy chappy.
|

Splagada
Minmatar Tides of Silence Hydra Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 18:37:00 -
[26]
one day i went in a 1vs1 and i won ------
|

Nazgu'l
Deviance Inc
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 18:48:00 -
[27]
Edited by: Nazgu''l on 19/05/2007 18:48:09 Edited by: Nazgu''l on 19/05/2007 18:47:07 After a patch something went wrong with game and all the standings were reset ... I had run out of ammo and asked in alliance chanel if someone can give 10k rounds of L Antimatter? One of the many pilot said sure and said: "Warp to me". I landed at the Large Celdari Tower and was immediately ejected from it at 3 km/s and all the POS defenses started to blink yellow then red. At first I was like "WTF?!?!" Then I calmed myselfe and tried to slowboat with just an AB out of POS scrambler. I was aligned and hiting warp button like mad, when finaly at 17% structure I warped to nearest planet 
I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying "You're next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals. |

Pehova Mindtriq
Infinitus Odium
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 19:04:00 -
[28]
My OMG moment was when I was in my bs and got scrambled and webbed by several small ships. I had a ecm burst fitted for the first time ever and managed to break the lock on all those who scrambled me. Got away in structure 
|

Haffrage
Sharks With Frickin' Laser Beams Mercenary Coalition
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 20:43:00 -
[29]
NPCing in Axe space back in my R-Gen days, it's around 7 am and I still haven't gone to bed, downtime just ended and I'm scouring belts.
I warp on one and start scanning ahead of me because I'm impatient (pre-rev), and ZOMG DOMINATION SPAWN!!1
I kill a Domi Tribunis I think it was and get a domination webifier. Wow, kickass I think. I go straight to a station and dock up, check out escrow, and...wait what? There's a domi disruptor 8 jumps away in an ASCN station. It's up for 20m. And it's not a scam? No, no it's not a scam, I checked 6 or 7 times, what a lucky boy I was that day  -----
Tech 2 Tier 2 Battlecruisers |

Andrue
Amarr
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 21:32:00 -
[30]
Back in August '04 I was running L3 missions in Lower Debyl and found a Local Hull Conversion Expander in the loot. IIRC I sold it for 25mil which was a pretty hefty sum for six month old character. -- (Battle hardened industrialist)
[Brackley, UK]
This is not a signature |

Kindakrof
Caldari Cruor Frater Coalition of Carebear Killers
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 21:34:00 -
[31]
Edited by: Kindakrof on 19/05/2007 21:42:03 Numba one, not me.
still not me
ME after having been webbed by around 20 frig NPCs in a hidden complex. --- --- ---
|

Kruel
Save our Souls
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 21:36:00 -
[32]
Killing a Navy Raven with faction loot... he was trying to use his killrights on me and my buddy. 
Or how about the time I accidently locked and scrambled a station in hisec and somehow docked. Whew!
|

Nerogk Shorn
Caldari Royal Hiigaran Navy The Sani Sabik
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 22:08:00 -
[33]
I decided I would go to some quiet space in my claymore and npc. So I go north, I jump through into a bubble. Curse is there so I lock and start shooting him, and he runs and warps at the same time a rax jumps through so I attack that and he runs back to the gate and jumps in structure. I get out of the bubble and warp.
About 10 jumps later I get into a system that has way to many people and get stuck in another bubble. I scare away an enyo and run and make a safe. These guys were blue to me. They were Shiva, a corp which had a some of my corps members who left. We were part of the same alliance and we split ways. So I convo their leader, and try to work standings out. I sit in the same spot for a while. Then suddenly a Scorpian, Muninn and Eris warp on top of me and bubble me. I yell to their leader wtf tell them to stop. They don't seem to take action, so I killed the muninn, made the eris mwd out of his bubble and warp out in structure. And the Scorpion, jammed me and booked it. Then they decide that standings won't work, and they "escort" me out of their space in a hauler. Lmao. Since they were smacking about how Outbreak knows to stay away from that system. What a day that was. What a day.
D-F-A-A-B-A-A-S |

Arachidamia
Matari People's Front
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 22:28:00 -
[34]
I guess it would be the time I was doing a lvl3 mission, and one of the rats dropped an implant with a sell price of 100mil. Couldn't believe it.
|

Phil Carter
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 22:43:00 -
[35]
They podded me last night :(
|

Ebedar
Gallente Primary Intelligence
|
Posted - 2007.05.19 23:25:00 -
[36]
A few highlights from the old escrow system:
You are about to claim escrow which contains: 1 item of Gist B-Type X-Large Shield Booster
It expires in 6 days 23 hours 59 minutes 38 seconds and will cost you 850,000.00 ISK.
-----
You are about to claim escrow which contains: 1 item of Core X-Type Large Armor Repairer
It expires in 6 days 23 hours 59 minutes 36 seconds and will cost you 0.00 ISK.
-----
You are about to claim escrow which contains: 1 item of Hound Blueprint Original (has -1 runs left)
It expires in 6 days 23 hours 59 minutes 32 seconds and will cost you 32,000,000.00 ISK.
-----
There are more, but you get the general idea.
Drone Calculator |

Awox
Infinitus Odium
|
Posted - 2007.05.20 00:26:00 -
[37]
Lucky moments?
Watching two corps go at it in low-sec and ninja popping one of their completely faction-fit Vagabonds and having all the domi & corpum survive.
Catching a Vagabond in 0.0 with my Rapier, seeing all the Domination mids dieing, and only t1/t2 in the can  - BOOST OUTLAWS (-10.0 and proud of it) |

Dave White
coracao ardente Triumvirate.
|
Posted - 2007.05.20 00:48:00 -
[38]
Back when I just started playing, that someone bought my Merlin in 4-4 for 300m instead of 300k, and all my 20 Amarr shuttles at 9m/piece
CORA. Killboard Personal Killboard |

Krxon Blade
Caldari Agony Unleashed Agony Empire
|
Posted - 2007.05.20 00:58:00 -
[39]
My 2nd month ingame, was buzzin trough belts somewhere around Jita, popped spawned rats, and wheee, Dread Guristas BCU smiling at me from one loot can. Checked escrow, and my eyes allmost popped out when saw +100M price. I sticked it onto Kessie just for "faction loot owner" feeling, then sold it on escrow.
|

Durham Elysion
Solar Wind Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate
|
Posted - 2007.05.20 01:32:00 -
[40]
My first day of EvE. Did the trial, did the 8 first starter missions; Got the implant (+1 int or something) worth 2mil. Made an alt, redid the trial, made another 2m. Later when I subscribed I transfered the 2 million to my main and had 4mil in my wallet the first day of my Eve-life!
|

Trem Sinval
Sinval Enterprises
|
Posted - 2007.05.20 02:07:00 -
[41]
Just a few weeks old, cruising the 0.6 belts somewhere in Minmatar space. Got a Domination spawn, and lo and behold an LG Halo Alpha. Woo, dodectuple my wallet!
- Trem |

Lipix
Amarr Shiva Morsus Mihi
|
Posted - 2007.05.20 02:19:00 -
[42]
Originally by: Nerogk Shorn I decided I would go to some quiet space in my claymore and npc. So I go north, I jump through into a bubble. Curse is there so I lock and start shooting him, and he runs and warps at the same time a rax jumps through so I attack that and he runs back to the gate and jumps in structure. I get out of the bubble and warp.
About 10 jumps later I get into a system that has way to many people and get stuck in another bubble. I scare away an enyo and run and make a safe. These guys were blue to me. They were Shiva, a corp which had a some of my corps members who left. We were part of the same alliance and we split ways. So I convo their leader, and try to work standings out. I sit in the same spot for a while. Then suddenly a Scorpian, Muninn and Eris warp on top of me and bubble me. I yell to their leader wtf tell them to stop. They don't seem to take action, so I killed the muninn, made the eris mwd out of his bubble and warp out in structure. And the Scorpion, jammed me and booked it. Then they decide that standings won't work, and they "escort" me out of their space in a hauler. Lmao. Since they were smacking about how Outbreak knows to stay away from that system. What a day that was. What a day.
Ya lucky those Shiva noobs don't assign fighters to people.
|

DubanFP
Caldari Four Rings D-L
|
Posted - 2007.05.20 02:20:00 -
[43]
Edited by: DubanFP on 20/05/2007 02:19:45
Originally by: Durham Elysion My first day of EvE. Did the trial, did the 8 first starter missions; Got the implant (+1 int or something) worth 2mil. Made an alt, redid the trial, made another 2m. Later when I subscribed I transfered the 2 million to my main and had 4mil in my wallet the first day of my Eve-life!
I did something similer when i first started, only i had enough for a Ferox my first day in EVE ^^. Quickly trained up and was flyin that ferox by day 5. Also owned a Worm but that got blown up a week after i upgraded to real account. ____________
DubanFP > where ever there is a player that's getting too rich, wherever there's an industrial with too much loot, wherever there is a noob with too much smack we'll be there... |

Ishmael Hansen
No Quarter. Vae Victis.
|
Posted - 2007.05.20 03:24:00 -
[44]
Hmm, OMG momments.
Some months ago we had a go into syndicate, which didn't went so good btw :P, but one day I was wondering around solo when I got engaged by a malediction, claw and a caracal at a gate, killed first the malediction, then claw went down till I finally lost the cap to try and scram the caracal which was still in close range, unfortunatelly caracal warped away just before reinforcements arrived, I was laughing so hard as my OSPREY lived to see a couple more jumps till it met a tempest :P
A nice one also was getting engaged by a lachesis, and a couple minutes later realizing my augoror could actually win the fight, dead lachesis and funniest solo kill ever. Specially because the day earlier a corp mate said "now if you killed something in an augoror I would be impressed", ofc I waited till he logged that night and linked the kill mail :)
Bad OMG moments is buying a Nighthawk, spend 300m on it and dies in the next 20 min, numerous times with different ships.
|

Torvyr
|
Posted - 2007.05.20 05:01:00 -
[45]
I will post an OMG moment on behalf of the guy who put up an empathy skill book for 45M verus 45K and I wasnt paying attention and bought it today... *sigh*
|

Wrayeth
Shiva Morsus Mihi
|
Posted - 2007.05.20 05:29:00 -
[46]
2005.12.20 13:40 Our research has been fruitful. If you're interested, I believe we could have a patentable Siege Missile Launcher II Blueprint. Contact me as soon as possible if you're interested. -Wrayeth n00b Extraordinaire
"Look, pa! I just contributed absolutely nothing to this thread!" |

ollobrains
Drunken Ratbags Inc New Eve Order
|
Posted - 2007.05.20 05:32:00 -
[47]
a few things actually quite a few
PVP Privateers ( when i was there ) leading a gang well i got chosen as FC sitting at the gate to jita from kisogo. Was 2 hours after dt and wed popped a few haulers and frigs.
Well all of a sudden i think we got a massive rush of ISS and other ship all at once we had about 22 BS kills, various BC haulers etc, Most of em were ISS some ASCN and others didnt get on the all the killmails, it was just like a procession of ISS one BS at a time i think after about 35 minutes it stopped i guess they finally told their guys to stop warping into this wall of war targets.
I dided about 3 times in 45 minutes had ceptors and i think a cruiser at the kisogo station, we lost a few after that and was getting late so i logged. I think total damage and losses over about 45-65 kills including lost stuff totaled about 10-12B ISK in total.
Was a good night
NPC-industry wise
finding a whole heap of bulk orders on escrow +4 implants 1.25B going for 300m quickly snabbled them up some went back on market some went to me and some to corp mates made about a 400m profit.
3 officer spawns in 2 weeks in xelas space as well as 1.5B in invention BPCs and otehr materials. - some limited fun PVP as well
On the downside.
Sold a 400m POS early on in my life for 0.2 ISK ( some lucky bugger)
PVP wise loosing 3 megathons in an early war against privateers as head of the new eve order alliance. DId get a few kills fighting was prety intense.
otherwise was in elite storm enterprises ( who were fix at the time) and lost a fully fitted apoc in blood raider gear ( taught me not to go rattting in expensive setups)
All posts made by myself represent my personal opinion only - they do not represent the rest of the privateer alliacne unless they decide to agree with what im saying
|

Ava Luvlidai
Antipodean inc. Sparta Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.05.20 07:17:00 -
[48]
Two cases; When I first started I had 4 named heavy launchers on the market in Jita for 2.1m each - some guy put a buy order up for 21m, and mine were next in line, wooot :)
Next was just after I'd discovered probing - I was in a Maulus and a corpmate was in his faction fitted Apoc, I probed out a lone indy and we both warped on top of the guy - at a POS Subsequently I've put control towers on my overview.
|

Alski
Gallente Di-Tron Heavy Industries
|
Posted - 2007.05.20 09:38:00 -
[49]
Uncloaking in a stealth bomber - with the intention of attacking another stealth bomber, and then finding I'm actually 5km out of my max lock range.
Thinking a small skirmish of 10-20 ships outside the station would give me cover I foolishly clicked approach on the hostile SB
Hostile SB locks me and launches missiles, I turn to warp out and align like a big fat pig.
My SB JUST gets into warp as his missiles are this >| |< close to smacking into my hull, it was literally a question of <2km and 1 second away from death. 
-
|

Kostantin Mort
Amarr Omerta Syndicate Exuro Mortis
|
Posted - 2007.05.20 12:28:00 -
[50]
When I was in PIE and we just had been wardecced by PRIV, we had a couple of fun fights with them, but this one is the one that sticks most to my mind:
Me and a couple of my corpmates were around Amarr when we got sight of a PRIV bb hanging around the undock point. Being in an arbitrator and my corpmates in a Harbi and crusader, we decide to take it on even though it's probably a trap. We destroy it easily an wait for anything to arrive. After a while, a drake drops near the station and doesn't dock. This is obviously another bait, so after getting reinforced by another Harbi, we decide to take it on. We destroy the drake before the enemy reinforcements even arrive, and they consist of a BC and another ship, I think a CBC, along with a falcon that drops 100 km from the fight. Somehow we managed to destroy the hurricane and everyone got out. Not that impressive, but it was one of the most enjoyable victories I've had. ------
Dei Gloria "God is my shield and protector!" |

ghosttr
Amarr ARK-CORP FREGE Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.05.20 12:59:00 -
[51]
Clone jumped to empire and bought about 70m in blueprints in Rens, I needed one last blueprint in a station 4 jumps away. So I add it as a waypoint (rather than destination) and turn on autopilot to do some work.
Next time I look at the screen im in N-RAEL and the autopilot is driving my shuttle out of a large bubble with a 30+man gatecamp Thinking I was going to die I just closed the window. I open eve up about an hour later to find my shuttle sitting at the gate in my home system, completely undamaged.
|

Neescha
Interstellar Operations Incorporated Free Trade Zone.
|
Posted - 2007.05.20 13:13:00 -
[52]
my first trip to lowsec in a rifter. killed some beltrats and stumbled upon a true sansha whatever. droped an implant that sold for about 50m :D
another one, where luck compensated for my stupidity: i had my indy full with high end ores and some blueprints. about 30 jumps, i activate the autopilot and left to take a shower and run some errants. when i came back the indy was undamaged in the target system, but when i opened the map i saw that 1. autopilot was set to prefer shorter 2. the route went trough ~15 lowsec systems.
lucky day i guess :D
|

Alley Cat
Gallente High4Life Curse Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.05.20 13:14:00 -
[53]
Edited by: Alley Cat on 20/05/2007 13:13:16 When I was gate camping in low sec had my Domi and alt Drake pilot and a few other people on the gate when a solo Obelisk jumped in. No one had a warp scram :(
Oh wait thats not lucky....
|

Captain Vampire
|
Posted - 2007.05.20 13:28:00 -
[54]
Traveling back from an op night before through lowsec, finding an afk freighter sitting still at a gate. Solod it in a megathron. This was before the loot stuff. (and I got killed by a nanophoon and his gang just after the freighter popped)
|

Ethaet
|
Posted - 2007.05.20 14:08:00 -
[55]
I was flying around, towards a gate, when I see an iteron 5 wreck (they hadnt renamed their ship) with items in it. I fly up to it and loot it, 4 t2 expanded cargoholds, and some named items including a fleeting propulsion inhibitor (worth about 5m) 
More recently, I was in 1.0 is a myrmi, then this newb target locks me and starts orbiting, so I lock him back, wondering what he is doing, then he fires at me doing 1 damage before he gets concorded 
My other favourite has to be while mining in a 0.5, I saw someone in a cruiser (probably afk I guess) get blown up by some rats, so I looted and ran. Looted some decent items too.
|

charles laforge
|
Posted - 2007.05.20 14:11:00 -
[56]
many months ago when i first starded lvl 4 missions i hadnet heard of mordus headhunters my moment came when i hit warp and realised i now hold the corp record at 1% structure remaining, that led to me realising faction mods dont outweigh skills,
|

Templer Relleg
Exit 13 Anarchy Empire
|
Posted - 2007.05.20 14:17:00 -
[57]
I just warped to a belt 44 AU away from the gate, to scan out a raven(I might just be lucky that he is there).
There happend to be a domi spawn. Got a cynaball bpc 
|

Raquel Smith
Caldari Freedom-Technologies
|
Posted - 2007.05.20 14:40:00 -
[58]
Playing scout for a task force of two-dozen ships monitoring the N-RAEL to N7-BIY corridor for Red Alliance whilst in a Kestrel.
The "OMFG" was when I was sat at a gate relaying instructions when the other friendly task force met up with me by way of 20 ships dropping out of warp on top of me at once.
Same night, watching friendlies drop a bubble on a gate and seeing a bunch of enemy CNRs pop 200km away and start lobbing cruise missiles at friendly ships caught in the bubble. That night I was grateful for flying a worthless tech 1 ship. The missile spam was really cool and I immediately began training for a Raven. Now I can do it too!
|

DeadRow
Magnificent Beavers Exquisite Malevolence
|
Posted - 2007.05.20 14:48:00 -
[59]
I trashed my lachesis when i was changing ships and expecting a gang invite :(
P.S Read all pop-ups /DeadRow
*snip* - signature removed, please email us with a link if you wish to know why. -Ivan K |

Caanan
Black Nova Corp Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2007.05.20 14:56:00 -
[60]
I saw a rattlesnake lottery on the forums and got this feeling that I should enter. So I entered, and bought one 30m ticket. There was 50 places, and I picked number 42 randomly. I thought to myself, it would be pretty sweet to win this.
So I wait a week and a half for the lottery to fill up. The day of the lottery i check the post and theres nothing there. So im like ah whatever and forget about it for a two days. Then i suddenly remember that I should probably check. Turns out I won. :)
Sold the rattlesnake for 1.15b :D
listen to The Future Sound of BoB weekdays 18:00 GMT |

Kun'mi
Amarr An Eye For An Eye Rule of Three
|
Posted - 2007.05.20 15:15:00 -
[61]
During the Fatal campaign in the new regions I had the luckiest BS ever.
First round of combat, I pull primary from the hostile fleet and get hammered to 30% structure before warping away.
An hour later, still not having repaired my hull (but with 100% armour) I get targetted again and again warp away with 15% armor.
Later I accidentally warp back to a friendly station camp JUST as the order goes out to retreat. I get there and find 30 hostile battleships 200km away.
Also nearby was Pirate Dave, a stupid fast dictor pilot (8km/s?) Of course, he comes and bubbles me and the bs's open fire, taking out my armor.
BUT Pirate Dave was going too fast and he bumped off me before deploying the bubble. It ended up being dropped too far away from me and I was able to slowboat outside the bubble and warp away AGAIN, but not before being taken down to about 2% structure by the 30 odd Outbreak snipers.
I decided to call it a night then and logged off at our POS.
That geddon was killed a month later when I unluckilly jumped through the wrong gate with two nano curses and a vagabond camping it. Of course, i'm in fleet mode with no tank to speak of...
|

Glassback
M. Corp M. PIRE
|
Posted - 2007.05.20 16:18:00 -
[62]
Scoring a T2 Speed and T2 Cap Recharge Rig bpc when they first came out and selling them for 2.2bil.
G.
If Eve was just a game, it would have a pause button.
|

BluOrange
Gallente Agony Unleashed Agony Empire
|
Posted - 2007.05.21 08:06:00 -
[63]
My luckiest moment in EVE was my first PVP kill. I took on a blaster-fitted cruiser in an Incursus, confident in my superior tactics. When I realised that I was in serious trouble, I tried to warp away, but he had me scrambled.
His mistake - I survived and he didn't. If I hadn't had mechanic V, I wouldn't have had the structure points that made the difference, though. ------ Agony Unleashed is recruiting. |

Ethaet
|
Posted - 2007.05.21 08:55:00 -
[64]
Originally by: BluOrange My luckiest moment in EVE was my first PVP kill. I took on a blaster-fitted cruiser in an Incursus, confident in my superior tactics. When I realised that I was in serious trouble, I tried to warp away, but he had me scrambled.
His mistake - I survived and he didn't. If I hadn't had mechanic V, I wouldn't have had the structure points that made the difference, though.
Lucky!
My other favourite has to be escaping from a l2 mission on 20% struc in a thorax, first time I used it too 
|

Xtreem
Gallente Pulsar Wind Labs
|
Posted - 2007.05.21 09:17:00 -
[65]
well iv had a few.
start of the game, only a few days in, in a tristan, warp to the gate, and see a load of drones around a can, no one around i n00bishly grab them and just put them in a random station, forward on 1 year i find the container again, and it seems all that time ago i grabbed around 30 harvesters, made some good isk :)
mine are all from the past that turn out to help me now!
used to ***** lvl 3 missions alot in my trusty enyo, well she used to spit skillbooks at me, which had almost no value so i again stuck them in a can and went on my merry way, 2 days ago i was looking though them in my old hq..
and ohhhh its seems i have 40 off skills books in there some of them worth 60+mil each, made about 800mil in one day selling them to buy orders. So not bad for a days work
|

Bado Sten
Minmatar Sten Industries
|
Posted - 2007.05.21 10:51:00 -
[66]
Getting a mail from one of my R&D agents with the subject "I believe we have had a breakthrough" 
-- Vivian: You go too far, Marlowe. Marlowe: Those are harsh words to throw at a man, especially when he's walking out of your bedroom. |

Noluck Ned
FATAL REVELATIONS FATAL Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.05.21 11:58:00 -
[67]
Checking local on my main...all blue.
Log in my alt in a hauler with +/- 500 mill in refined drone alloys. Warp to station at 0 and land just outside docking range.....right in front of the whole Outbreak gang who are blue to my main but alas not to my alts corp. Felt that sinking feeling.
Docked in like 5% structure with an insane grin on my face.
|

fuze
Gallente Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
|
Posted - 2007.05.21 13:06:00 -
[68]
Originally by: Bado Sten Getting a mail from one of my R&D agents with the subject "I believe we have had a breakthrough"
How about 5 times from starship agents?
|

Bado Sten
Minmatar Sten Industries
|
Posted - 2007.05.21 13:35:00 -
[69]
Originally by: fuze
Originally by: Bado Sten Getting a mail from one of my R&D agents with the subject "I believe we have had a breakthrough"
How about 5 times from starship agents?
That's crazy, but grats! 
-- Vivian: You go too far, Marlowe. Marlowe: Those are harsh words to throw at a man, especially when he's walking out of your bedroom. |

AlphaM
Doom Guard FREGE Alliance
|
Posted - 2007.05.21 14:22:00 -
[70]
Originally by: DeadRow I trashed my lachesis when i was changing ships and expecting a gang invite :(
P.S Read all pop-ups
same here but with my t2 myrm, :(
|

Princess Jodi
Vendetta Underground Rule of Three
|
Posted - 2007.05.21 20:36:00 -
[71]
I was running a hauler in 0.0 when I hit a small gate camp. Quickly scrambled and going down in flames, I logged off in disgust. (Not trying the logoff trick - was simply ****ed that I was gonna die and didn't want to play anymore.)
Hours later I log back on...and my ship has zero hull and zero armor, but full shields. I can warp around the system, but cannot activate modules or jump out of system. (Got a ship out of control message). Finally I petition it, and after the usual 'We see no problem - deal with it' message I escallate it up and a GM actually comes out to look.
Now for the OMG moment....
It turns out my ship was COMPLETELY INDESTRUCTABLE! The GM shot it, I tried to self-destruct it, I ejected (Skills were providing extra sturcture), and yet it would not die! I had a Ghost Ship!
Unfortunately, my petition got the best of me....the GM took the ship and put my pod in a station.
To this day I rue having put in that petition! Imagine what fun it would have been sitting at a gate in 0.0, in a hauler, and taunting all hostiles! Whenever I logged in on the account, it always warped me back to the gate that I died at. No matter where I was in system when I logged off. I could Target, Warp, pick up cargo and drop off cargo. No mods or use of gates.
I had the Flying Dutchman and a GM took it away. 
|

Niton Stormrider
HCD
|
Posted - 2007.05.21 21:33:00 -
[72]
This wasn't mine, but my eyes got huge when I heard about it. A corpmate put out a station-only buy order for a constructed Rokh, and fat fingered the price, so that he was offering 14 million instead of 140. He noticed it immediately, and went to modify the order... and while the fragging orders screen was reloading, some guy filled the order. In less than 15 seconds my friend got a shiny new Rokh at 10% market price from some poor schleb in the same station. It was my friend's lucky day: he couldn't type, the other guy couldn't read!
|

Marangela
|
Posted - 2007.05.21 22:04:00 -
[73]
I was high-sec mining in my Arbi when someone in a Vexor jump ins on top of me and flips my can. I was equipped for combat, but I didnĘt want to fight another cruiser at point-blank range. So, I headed toward open space. The Vexor followed my for a bit and then warped off. I was typing to a corpmate what happened, lamenting that I didnĘt take action. Then, to my surprise, the Vexor jumped back into the belt (perhaps to see if I took the bait of the flipped can?) at a comfortable range of 20km. I warp scrambled him and launched my new T2 drones which made short work of him. I was shocked and thrilled how one-sided the fight turned out to be. After it was over, my hands were shaking so bad I could barely type!
|

Ethaet
|
Posted - 2007.05.25 08:32:00 -
[74]
This just happened, I undocked from a station and saw a small standard can, so I scooped it to cargo (cant be anchored so anyojne can scoop it), looked inside... t2 ammo and modules!!  Wonder who left that there 
|

aquontium
Gallente Fourth Circle
|
Posted - 2007.05.25 11:31:00 -
[75]
Second day back in the game, forgotten everything I've learnt and started again with a new char (this one).
ratting in a 0.6 and the rat dropped a low-grade snake. take it to the station and see what it's worth on the market. 84m! Brought my account balance to 84,000,056,000 or so 
|

Adaris
Gallente
|
Posted - 2007.05.25 11:38:00 -
[76]
Ratting in my first 0.2, warped to a belt, a BC and 2 Destroyers (iirc), poped them, had loads of fun doing it, and my OMG moment came when I began looting and found the rats dropped nearly 3 billion isk in tech to low-grade snake (iirc) implants... lol its was fantastic... christmas came early I bought myself a ncie ship. Please Help me, YOU could be next!
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |