| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Mal Mandrake
Procellum Militis Veneratio
8
|
Posted - 2012.01.08 03:16:00 -
[1] - Quote
For example. I refuse help from people on things that I can do myself.
I don't want friends giving me isk. - I have to learn how to make enough to support my habits. Someone bailing me out isn't going to help me learn to be more efficient.
I also like to do my own research on good builds vs bad build and WHY they are that way. - Just copying like a robot from battleclinic isn't going to help me learn how to fit ships better.
Those two aren't so bad, they make sense right?
I refuse to use evemon. Nothing wrong with it, I just feel it is good for planning alts. I plan my character around certificates.
-Mal |

Alara IonStorm
1331
|
Posted - 2012.01.08 03:18:00 -
[2] - Quote
I do level 4 missions in a Drake despite having skill for much better ships.
I am gonna go passive Nighthawk or SNI as well.
<3 Lazy Tanks.
|

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
4301
|
Posted - 2012.01.08 03:19:00 -
[3] - Quote
I salvage my missions. GÇ£If you're not willing to fight for what you have in GëívGëí you don't deserve it, and you will lose it.GÇ¥
If not, contact Miss DSA to shed your wardecs. |

Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
202
|
Posted - 2012.01.08 03:20:00 -
[4] - Quote
I almost never fly anything bigger than a cruiser, and seldom fly cruisers at that. I have 25m SP.
Tippia wrote:I salvage my missions.
I salvage your missions. |

Mal Mandrake
Procellum Militis Veneratio
8
|
Posted - 2012.01.08 03:22:00 -
[5] - Quote
Tippia wrote:I salvage my missions.
I make more money from the salvage than I do from the mission itself. |

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
4301
|
Posted - 2012.01.08 03:26:00 -
[6] - Quote
Mal Mandrake wrote:Tippia wrote:I salvage my missions. I make more money from the salvage than I do from the mission itself. That just means you're doing the missions slowly.
The reason I'm doing it is a simple classic case of sunk-cost fallacy: I have this large selection of perfect rig BPOs, and it just seems wasteful to leave material behind on the field and not put those blueprints to use, never mind that I would make more ISK if I skipped those steps.  GÇ£If you're not willing to fight for what you have in GëívGëí you don't deserve it, and you will lose it.GÇ¥
If not, contact Miss DSA to shed your wardecs. |

Jimi Crackcorn
Directed Evolution Corp
64
|
Posted - 2012.01.08 03:26:00 -
[7] - Quote
I click too much vs using keyboard shortcuts. Oh wait, that's Eve's fault, not mine. |

rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
203
|
Posted - 2012.01.08 03:31:00 -
[8] - Quote
I have 50 million sp and fly destroyers only. I also use t1 salvagers to salvage the frigs I kill. (use t1 for sentimental value). I also mine omber only. Threads like this generally result in anything positive.
Locked. |

Brujo Loco
Brujeria Teologica
309
|
Posted - 2012.01.08 03:35:00 -
[9] - Quote
I post more in the forums and spend more time in it than in the actual game and end up paying $ for forum access some months rather than game access  Inner Sayings of BrujoLoco: http://eve-files.com/sig/brujoloco |

ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
297
|
Posted - 2012.01.08 03:36:00 -
[10] - Quote
I fly primarily Gallnete ships.  "Just because I seem like an idiot, doesn't mean I am one." ~Unknown |

Ladie Harlot
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
1429
|
Posted - 2012.01.08 03:41:00 -
[11] - Quote
I belong to Goonwaffe. The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet. |

Tiberius Sunstealer
Phantom Soulreavers
40
|
Posted - 2012.01.08 03:43:00 -
[12] - Quote
Mal Mandrake wrote:I refuse to use evemon. Nothing wrong with it, I just feel it is good for planning alts. I plan my character around certificates.
Ladie Harlot wrote:I belong to Goonwaffe. Get a load of these guys. |

Killstealing
Broski Enterprises Elite Space Guild
328
|
Posted - 2012.01.08 03:44:00 -
[13] - Quote
I train mining alts
oh the shame |

Abdiel Kavash
Paladin Order Fidelas Constans
288
|
Posted - 2012.01.08 03:51:00 -
[14] - Quote
I ignore "log in incentives" such as queueing a new skill or cycling a POS reaction way too much. |

Professor Alphane
Alphane Research Co-operative
204
|
Posted - 2012.01.08 03:52:00 -
[15] - Quote
Same with all MMO's really, I promise myself I won't get distracted by other games this month every time I pay my sub 
YOU MUST THINK FIRST.... |

W1rlW1nd
The Scope Gallente Federation
6
|
Posted - 2012.01.08 04:12:00 -
[16] - Quote
I become obsessed with reading EVE forums at the same time as I play, as the primary form of entertainment.
And whether I am playing or not I am spending probably more time enjoying reading the forums than playing. Not so much a commentary that EGD is more entertaining than EVE gameplay. . . just that EGD is more entertaining than ANY other game lol:)
|

Lady Spank
GET OUT NASTY FACE
852
|
Posted - 2012.01.08 04:16:00 -
[17] - Quote
I fly solo
(a¦á_a¦â) ~ http://getoutnastyface.blogspot.com/ ~ (a¦á_a¦â) -áGÖÑ New Years Resolution ~ Cease thy Smacktalk GÖÑ |

Mars Theran
EVE Rogues EVE Rogues Alliance
35
|
Posted - 2012.01.08 04:20:00 -
[18] - Quote
Brujo Loco wrote:I post more in the forums and spend more time in it than in the actual game and end up paying $ for forum access some months rather than game access 
This. Point of fact, i can't even boot the client with my current system. Borrowed it from my brother till I rebuild, and it doesn't even have discrete graphics; so that's perfectly understandable. AMD Sempron 3600+ *snort* |

Mal Mandrake
Procellum Militis Veneratio
8
|
Posted - 2012.01.08 04:25:00 -
[19] - Quote
Brujo Loco wrote:I post more in the forums and spend more time in it than in the actual game and end up paying $ for forum access some months rather than game access 
I think it is called Eve Offline? Gets me through my 12 hour work day. |

Famble
Three's a Crowd
250
|
Posted - 2012.01.08 05:40:00 -
[20] - Quote
Tippia wrote:I salvage my missions.
This times a million. Though it's taken years, I finally kicked the habit.
Mine: I do PI in lowsec but I often let it go days unattended. I never build a long term skill plan and remap accordingly.
I could go on but my pride isn't letting me.
If anyone ever looks at you and says, "Hold my beer, watch this,"-á you're probably going to want to pay attention. |

Deriah Book
Fox Clan Inari Kimon
4
|
Posted - 2012.01.08 05:48:00 -
[21] - Quote
I spend far too much of my Eve time moving my chat window to the lower left corner of my screen.
I do my PI religiously every morning on 3 toons.
Sometimes I realize I've been D-scanning every 5 seconds for the last half hour.
I spend far too much 'in space' time AFK whilst preparing snacks. |

Cindy Marco
Sebiestor Tribe Minmatar Republic
20
|
Posted - 2012.01.08 05:57:00 -
[22] - Quote
Mal Mandrake wrote:Tippia wrote:I salvage my missions. I make more money from the salvage than I do from the mission itself.
Its not about money per mission, but money over time.
If your looting and salvaging you are spending much more time per mission then someone who isn't. Then you still have to sort, refine, move, and sell those items. During that time your missing out on the bounties and LP you could have earned instead.
You'll make more if you only loot/salvage when its worthwhile. Which for most missions means one can, or none at all.
|

non judgement
Without Fear Flying Burning Ships Alliance
738
|
Posted - 2012.01.08 06:05:00 -
[23] - Quote
Reading the EVE fourms is the only thing I do that isn't necessarily optimal. I could be doing plenty of other optimal things but instead here I am. Don't get me started on all the unoptimal(?) posts that I make. I don't get much back from all the typing I do. Sometimes I think that my keystrokes could be better spent somewhere else.
 |

Karn Dulake
Souls Must Be Trampled The.Alliance
224
|
Posted - 2012.01.08 06:14:00 -
[24] - Quote
I can flip occasionally and if someone bites i normally just lecture them if they are a noob and what would happen if an evil person could them like this. Then i let them go.
This is shameful in so many ways. Who the **** do i think i am.
This is not optimal
Caught another noob in lowsec. Same lecture shite. let him go and we ran a few anomolies together
Im doing it wrong and my optimal is non existant
Something Awful. A beacon for tearful, lonely neckbeards. |

Rakshasa Taisab
Sane Industries Inc.
704
|
Posted - 2012.01.08 06:14:00 -
[25] - Quote
I spin my **** in Jita 4-4 lazily watching the market waiting for stuff to rise in price.
Could have been running Incursions or something. 84,000 AUR ($420) spent on NeX store for Troll and Profit. |

Famble
Three's a Crowd
250
|
Posted - 2012.01.08 06:17:00 -
[26] - Quote
Cindy Marco wrote:Mal Mandrake wrote:Tippia wrote:I salvage my missions. I make more money from the salvage than I do from the mission itself. Its not about money per mission, but money over time. If your looting and salvaging you are spending much more time per mission then someone who isn't. Then you still have to sort, refine, move, and sell those items. During that time your missing out on the bounties and LP you could have earned instead. You'll make more if you only loot/salvage when its worthwhile. Which for most missions means one can, or none at all.
To expand on this a bit; if you're only going to do one or two missions and call it a night then salvage away, it's worthwhile. However, if you're looking to get a bunch of them done then yea salvaging is no longer "optimal".
If anyone ever looks at you and says, "Hold my beer, watch this,"-á you're probably going to want to pay attention. |

met worst
Federal Navy Academy Gallente Federation
29
|
Posted - 2012.01.08 06:23:00 -
[27] - Quote
I recently just put up another medium tower for BPO research instead of upgrading my existing medium to a large. Couldn't be bothered to tell the honest truth  |

Zimmy Zeta
Battle Force Industries Tactical Invader Syndicate
629
|
Posted - 2012.01.08 07:12:00 -
[28] - Quote
I no longer use invention calculator/ spreadsheets. I just build that stuff and let it hit the markets for about slightly below the average sell price. I might be losing money, but just do not care anymore. things to do in eve: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-SZYZLfZ7E&feature=g-like&context=G2d6d016ALTmOeXwACAA |

Halcyon Ingenium
Infomorph Research and Technology
120
|
Posted - 2012.01.08 07:50:00 -
[29] - Quote
I don't use decryptors. That which always was, and is, and will be everlasting fire, the same for all, the cosmos, made neither by god nor man, replenishes in measure as it burns away. -Heraclitus |

Morganta
Peripheral Madness The Midget Mafia
767
|
Posted - 2012.01.08 08:00:00 -
[30] - Quote
paying to play a terrible video game
or
playing a terrible video game
not really sure which one is worse...  The American public's reaction to the change was poor and the new cola was a major marketing failure. The subsequent reintroduction of Coke's original formula, re-branded as "Coca-Cola Classic", resulted in a significant gain in sales, leading to speculation that the introduction of the New Coke formula was just a marketing ploy |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |