| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Yoravian
Gallente Xila Inferno Production
|
Posted - 2007.07.09 14:46:00 -
[1]
So me and some friends moved to a different section of space where the best agent is a L4 of a faction I have hardly any standing to. In addition, the corp I used to run missions for, Federal Intelligence, just didn't have enough agents in the right places to suit me. So now I'm rather forced to grind with low level agents until I can get to the L4's. What is the fastest way to grind to L4's? For the record I have connections 3, social 3, and negotiation 3, but I don't think levelling those will neccessarily help all that much. ------ It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what. |

FT Diomedes
Gallente Ductus Exemplo
|
Posted - 2007.07.09 15:18:00 -
[2]
If I were you, I would go ahead and take the Social Skills to Level 4. It will save you a fair amount of grinding.
Then speed run as many combat missions as you can. This is the fastest way to build corp standing. Combat missions give much more corp standing than courier missions. And you should be able to do them very quickly. Don't bother looting. Don't bother killing everything. Just complete the mission and move on.
Start with the closest, best quality agent you can use, move to a better agent each time you get one available. The LP are now towards that corporation as a whole, so there is no reason to stick with one low level agent.
|

Yoravian
Gallente Xila Inferno Production
|
Posted - 2007.07.09 15:29:00 -
[3]
Originally by: FT Diomedes If I were you, I would go ahead and take the Social Skills to Level 4. It will save you a fair amount of grinding.
Then speed run as many combat missions as you can. This is the fastest way to build corp standing. Combat missions give much more corp standing than courier missions. And you should be able to do them very quickly. Don't bother looting. Don't bother killing everything. Just complete the mission and move on.
Start with the closest, best quality agent you can use, move to a better agent each time you get one available. The LP are now towards that corporation as a whole, so there is no reason to stick with one low level agent.
So the standings I have toward an agent do not affect the amount of standings I get from the Corp? I was kind of wondering if that came into play....
Also, it was my understanding that around L3, courier missions become faster standings grinds than missions (multi room combat missions often require you clear the room before progressing) ------ It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what. |

Boknamar
|
Posted - 2007.07.09 16:13:00 -
[4]
Are you willing to lose rep with a rival faction? If not, make sure you focus on getting your faction standing up, because once you get to 7.0 with a faction, you can use all level 4 agents affiliated with it.
|

Yoravian
Gallente Xila Inferno Production
|
Posted - 2007.07.09 16:44:00 -
[5]
Edited by: Yoravian on 09/07/2007 16:45:55
Originally by: Boknamar Are you willing to lose rep with a rival faction? If not, make sure you focus on getting your faction standing up, because once you get to 7.0 with a faction, you can use all level 4 agents affiliated with it.
Thanks for the info, but I'd still need to grind for it, and what I'm asking here is what the fastest way to grind from standings of approx. 1.08 to being able to use Level 4 agents is (whether faction or corp standings, I don't really care, so long as I'm not getting shot at by rival factions when I go to their space). ------ It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what. |

Boomershoot
|
Posted - 2007.07.09 16:49:00 -
[6]
you need at least 5.0 with corp or faction to get lvl 4 Q -20 agent, going +0.05 for each quality point increase (-19 would require 5.05, -18 requires 5.1 and so on)
best way is to take connections to 4 to fast grind high-quality lvl 2, then it's quite smooth from that point to lvl 4
|

FT Diomedes
Gallente Ductus Exemplo
|
Posted - 2007.07.09 17:02:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Yoravian
Originally by: FT Diomedes What I said.
So the standings I have toward an agent do not affect the amount of standings I get from the Corp? I was kind of wondering if that came into play....
Also, it was my understanding that around L3, courier missions become faster standings grinds than missions (multi room combat missions often require you clear the room before progressing)
Higher standings towards that agent will get you larger rewards from that agent. That may or may not include higher corp standing bonuses. I don't think it does. I haven't noticed that I get higher corp standing bonuses with my highest standing agents than my not lower standing agents.
My experience is that it doesn't matter. On my other account, I've been building standings with a research corp off and on the past couple of weeks and I've moved from Level 1 to Level 3 in about 48 missions (with social skills at 4). Once you can use Level 3 agents, it probably pays to stick with one for a while, but with the Level 1 and Level 2 agents I just went to the best combat agents I could without having to jump too far from my home base.
|

Yoravian
Gallente Xila Inferno Production
|
Posted - 2007.07.09 17:23:00 -
[8]
Originally by: FT Diomedes
Originally by: Yoravian
Originally by: FT Diomedes What I said.
So the standings I have toward an agent do not affect the amount of standings I get from the Corp? I was kind of wondering if that came into play....
Also, it was my understanding that around L3, courier missions become faster standings grinds than missions (multi room combat missions often require you clear the room before progressing)
Higher standings towards that agent will get you larger rewards from that agent. That may or may not include higher corp standing bonuses. I don't think it does. I haven't noticed that I get higher corp standing bonuses with my highest standing agents than my not lower standing agents.
My experience is that it doesn't matter. On my other account, I've been building standings with a research corp off and on the past couple of weeks and I've moved from Level 1 to Level 3 in about 48 missions (with social skills at 4). Once you can use Level 3 agents, it probably pays to stick with one for a while, but with the Level 1 and Level 2 agents I just went to the best combat agents I could without having to jump too far from my home base.
I see. Thanks for the info, It'll really speed up the standings grind... at least it'll go quicker. On a related note, what ships are allowed in what mission levels? I think BC's are maximum (and overkill) on L2's but what about 1's? Could I run them cruiser or destroyer and sacrifice tank for DPS, since they're all frigs? ------ It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what. |

Xoduse
Gallente Beasts of Burden YouWhat
|
Posted - 2007.07.09 17:33:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Yoravian
Originally by: FT Diomedes
Originally by: Yoravian
Originally by: FT Diomedes What I said.
So the standings I have toward an agent do not affect the amount of standings I get from the Corp? I was kind of wondering if that came into play....
Also, it was my understanding that around L3, courier missions become faster standings grinds than missions (multi room combat missions often require you clear the room before progressing)
Higher standings towards that agent will get you larger rewards from that agent. That may or may not include higher corp standing bonuses. I don't think it does. I haven't noticed that I get higher corp standing bonuses with my highest standing agents than my not lower standing agents.
My experience is that it doesn't matter. On my other account, I've been building standings with a research corp off and on the past couple of weeks and I've moved from Level 1 to Level 3 in about 48 missions (with social skills at 4). Once you can use Level 3 agents, it probably pays to stick with one for a while, but with the Level 1 and Level 2 agents I just went to the best combat agents I could without having to jump too far from my home base.
I see. Thanks for the info, It'll really speed up the standings grind... at least it'll go quicker. On a related note, what ships are allowed in what mission levels? I think BC's are maximum (and overkill) on L2's but what about 1's? Could I run them cruiser or destroyer and sacrifice tank for DPS, since they're all frigs?
This is a great way to speed things up, just make sure you keep your cruiser fast so you can pick up objective loot quickly. A great lvl 1/2 ship is a cruiser with long range guns to clear a room and move on quickly.
But if you have the skills I find an assault frigate works great on 2s and all the way up to lvl 3s. The first time I did level 3s I did them all in my enyo until i got to lvl 4s but this was more b/c I wanted a challenge, and a challenge it was on some missions. For rapid standing increase a BC would suit the job much better for lvl 3s.
|

FT Diomedes
Gallente Ductus Exemplo
|
Posted - 2007.07.09 18:45:00 -
[10]
You want a fast, hardhitting ship for low level missions. A fast cruiser or a fast BC can blitz through them. Fit smaller guns or assault missile launchers to take out the small ships faster. If you use Gallente ships, the Thorax is more than enough for any level 1 or 2 mission (except World's Collide, where you cannot get it through the gate - use a destroyer or tier 3 frigate).
My second account is Caldari, so I used a Caracal to do the Level 2s and a Drake to to the Level 3s. I tried the Drake with 7x assault missile launchers on the level 2s but it was just too slow. The range bonus on the Caracal is also nice for hitting at long range with standard missiles.
|

Carniflex
Caldari Fallout Research Fallout Project
|
Posted - 2007.07.09 20:23:00 -
[11]
There is another way. Easier.
Get to know some local missionrunner. Someone you can trust within reason and someone who can trust you within reason. Perhaps some local missionrunning corp even. All you need is someone running missions for that local agent you want acsess to, then ge has to turn in missions for gang. You will get your share of stadings (for corp and with that personal agent). After approx 25 to 30 lev 4 missions you will have acsess to that lev 4 agent from your personal stadings (they rise really fast compared to corp stadings).
As long as you are not below -2 with either faction or corp of that agent. After that you can grind those missions as a group in your corp and your corpmates will gain the acsess also pretty soon.
|

Flashheart
Caldari Dangermouse Inc.
|
Posted - 2007.07.09 20:39:00 -
[12]
Originally by: Carniflex There is another way. Easier.
Get to know some local missionrunner. Someone you can trust within reason and someone who can trust you within reason. Perhaps some local missionrunning corp even. All you need is someone running missions for that local agent you want acsess to, then ge has to turn in missions for gang. You will get your share of stadings (for corp and with that personal agent). After approx 25 to 30 lev 4 missions you will have acsess to that lev 4 agent from your personal stadings (they rise really fast compared to corp stadings).
As long as you are not below -2 with either faction or corp of that agent. After that you can grind those missions as a group in your corp and your corpmates will gain the acsess also pretty soon.
I just did that with a new corp member, took about 30 level 4's to get them up to +6. They just sat afk over the weekend in my agent station and I split the mission rewards as I speed run through them, I was already maxed out so it was no hassle.
By the time they had relocated all their stuff and got set up they were good to go.
|

FT Diomedes
Gallente Ductus Exemplo
|
Posted - 2007.07.09 21:12:00 -
[13]
Originally by: Carniflex There is another way. Easier.
Get to know some local missionrunner. Someone you can trust within reason and someone who can trust you within reason. Perhaps some local missionrunning corp even. All you need is someone running missions for that local agent you want acsess to, then ge has to turn in missions for gang. You will get your share of stadings (for corp and with that personal agent). After approx 25 to 30 lev 4 missions you will have acsess to that lev 4 agent from your personal stadings (they rise really fast compared to corp stadings).
As long as you are not below -2 with either faction or corp of that agent. After that you can grind those missions as a group in your corp and your corpmates will gain the acsess also pretty soon.
Yes, that does work if you have someone who doesn't mind splitting mission rewards and agent/faction standings with you.
|

Yoravian
Gallente Xila Inferno Production
|
Posted - 2007.07.09 22:05:00 -
[14]
Originally by: FT Diomedes
Originally by: Carniflex There is another way. Easier.
Get to know some local missionrunner. Someone you can trust within reason and someone who can trust you within reason. Perhaps some local missionrunning corp even. All you need is someone running missions for that local agent you want acsess to, then ge has to turn in missions for gang. You will get your share of stadings (for corp and with that personal agent). After approx 25 to 30 lev 4 missions you will have acsess to that lev 4 agent from your personal stadings (they rise really fast compared to corp stadings).
As long as you are not below -2 with either faction or corp of that agent. After that you can grind those missions as a group in your corp and your corpmates will gain the acsess also pretty soon.
Yes, that does work if you have someone who doesn't mind splitting mission rewards and agent/faction standings with you.
It's out in a wonderful little dead end system; low lag and low traffic. Unfortunately that also means noone running missions from that particular agent. Not really a problem for me since I've got the skills and money to out fit a fast cruiser for running L1's and 2's. ------ It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |