
Daelin Blackleaf
No Joy Corp Pride - Honor - Duty
|
Posted - 2007.08.03 23:10:00 -
[61]
Edited by: Daelin Blackleaf on 03/08/2007 23:11:50
Originally by: Jim McGregor
What if you did? What if you could get a agent mission against other players? What if if there was objectives to complete? What if there was equal forces fighting eachother?
Far from boring, I believe. The test server doesnt show what pvp missions would be like, not by a long shot.
And CCP said "Let there be factional warfare!" and there was.... I hope. 
Originally by: Asestorian The problem is that the foundations of EVE are laid on the non-consensual "world" PvP. If you add these controlled battleground everyone will just go into them, just like they did in WoW, and the world PvP stagnates and becomes boring.
Want a fight? Just go to the BG.
If that happens then EVE is dead. I don't feel there is a need for such a thing.
Interesting viewpoint. If "everyone" would go there then it would mean that this is a feature greatly desired by "everyone". In fact if PvP missions, war zones, and other ways that factional warfare might be introduced, are superior to territorial alliance warfare then I'd be of the opinion that 0.0 warfare needs improving, not that desired features should be ignored.
It would be a blessing for casual players, for newbies, for carebears who wish to dabble now and then, for those who just want a bit of pew pew without waiting an hour or so to "blob up".
In fact in total I think it would increase the 0.0 population, more people would get some experience and confidence in PvP, more people would be exposed to it who might never have moved out of empire.
It'd also be nice for those of us who have utterly tired of blob tactics, gate camping, station camping, POS sieges, lag-tactics, log-tactics... and generally the idea of working/waiting for 2hrs for 5mins of unsatisfying PvP.
The problem is ensuring the profit level is properly balanced. It's got to be better than running level 4's (to encourage more player interaction) while remaining less or roughly equally profitable to living in 0.0. Sadly impossible at the moment since the majority of 0.0 is pretty much worthless and CCP seem to balance such things around ownership of a -1.0 system. 
[EDIT: Oh no wait, the OP mentioned WoW... must be an invalid point then. Die, can I have your stuff, go back to WoW, lock teim, lalalalala I can't hear you, etc. ]
|