| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Koban Lamar
|
Posted - 2007.12.07 20:06:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Koban Lamar on 07/12/2007 20:07:55 Hi Folks, since Trinity I have 30 FPS inside and outside station. My Settings are: resolution : 1280x 1024 premium graphics content: on shadows: off HDR: off Cache: low
My computer: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2,4 GHz 2 Gig RAM Gforce 8600 GS 320 RAM / newest drivers Windows Vista / updated
I have the strange feeling I should have better frame rates.. am I wrong or right. And what should I do. Pls be specific when you have help or hints, since I am in no way an expert on the computer stuff. Just a gamer.
thanks |

GhostRiderP51
|
Posted - 2007.12.07 20:55:00 -
[2]
Lower your Res see if that helps. if it doesnt it might be the NVidia driver putting some sort of limit on your FPS so you might want to check your Nvidia control panel settings just to make sure.
|

Neesa Corrinne
Black Watch Legionnaires
|
Posted - 2007.12.08 01:20:00 -
[3]
I have the exact same setup you have, no changes whatsoever, and I'm having the same issue. The game is so laggy that I can hardly play whatsoever.
We are both running very premium computers so even a decent resolution should work fine for both of us.
My FPS are so bad when there are 10+ ships on the screen that EVE is literally unplayable... they don't even have to be shooting anything. I can just warp to a gate that has 10 ships on it and EVE pretty much lags out to a point where I have no control.
This is entirely unacceptable for a computer that renders top of the line modern games with no problems whatsoever on max settings.
|

Slave Master
Amarr The Raging Armada
|
Posted - 2007.12.10 04:26:00 -
[4]
Are you running the 32 or 64 bit version of Vista? I'm sure there is a performance problem with vista somewhere as my PC struggles too. Athlon 3500+, 2GB RAM, 7800GTX and my frames drop to under 10 when there are 10-15 ships around me. My GF's PC with XP gets at least twice the frames with an inferior PC on windows XP.
|

Nechtan
|
Posted - 2007.12.10 16:54:00 -
[5]
On my laptop which has a Geforce 8600M gfx card I have the same issue! When in station it's like the FPS is capped at 30 (the graph the fps-meter draws lies steady at 30, dips below sometimes but never above), so I though it might've been something related to vsync (half of 60hz), but locking it to off in the drivers had no effect...
On my regular pc with an ATI x1900GT it runs like a dream, I'd just much rather game on my laptop...
Laptop spec: C2D E7300 Celeron 2GB RAM Geforce 8600M Running EVE at 1920x1200, but lowering the res has no noticable effect
Regular PC: P4 HT 3.2GHz 2GB RAM ATI x1900GT Running EVE at 1600x1200
|

Shereza
|
Posted - 2007.12.11 01:00:00 -
[6]
Edited by: Shereza on 11/12/2007 01:05:47 How is 30 FPS "can hardly play," or are you having other issues than just low FPS?
I ask because with my old 9800 (I haven't had a chance to seriously test out my new card) on the old graphics engine (1.6 ghz cpu, 1.25gb RAM) I would get barely 12-13 FPS in combat and the game was quite playable even then.
Edit: With 3 clients up and running and full aggro on an L4 mission and all 3 clients in the furball the game would be a hair shy of unplayable but it would take a lot to make things, to me, unplayable without a minimum of two clients.
|

Brother Mainard
Chocolate Reign
|
Posted - 2007.12.11 11:14:00 -
[7]
Same problem-ish. Core2Duo 1.66ghz with 1 gig ram, Radeon Mobility x1600. I ran the old client flawlessly, but going anywhere near a number of objects in the new client (with everything on low, and windowed) produces massive drop in framerates (1 frame every 10-20 seconds). Sometimes it comes clear, mostly it doesn't. I'm guessing I'm just ****zle out of luck? 
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |