| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Marcus TheMartin
Gallente Deadly Addiction
|
Posted - 2008.02.07 16:22:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Marcus TheMartin on 07/02/2008 16:23:33 So we've all f'd up big time at least once. Tell me how it happened for you. In my case it was just another day. Sneaking around in cloud ring when I see a freighter jump in.
I check standings and go one jump after him I shout in corp chat "MOTHER******* CHARON". I proceed to tackle he logoffskies, while I wait for back up I end up taking him down to structure. Losing time as there was only 15minutes I had to kill him with no back up in sight. Surprisingly he logs back on to find himself still bubbled allowing much more precious time for me to end him. Unglamorous
He Tries to crawl back to the gate at 2m/s and finally back up arrives. He pops loots abound!, I open the wreck I see nothing. I lock his pod open fire then I get the dreaded "module activation attempt is underway" notification. Then I crash, On TS I can hear that a hostile gang jumped in. And I am stuck offline in my own bubble.
Turns out that comcast(my isp) decides that preforming server maintenance just as the freighter pops is a brilliant idea. and as a result I become scrap metal
|

Redglare's Demise
Mutually Assured Distraction
|
Posted - 2008.02.07 17:00:00 -
[2]
Losing ships while crashed is never fun :/
|

AizenSousuke
Gallente Gear Ratio
|
Posted - 2008.02.07 17:27:00 -
[3]
First 0.0 pvp op my corp had to show the new guys (i.e. me) what's it like to pvp in 0.0. I had my flashy new Enyo and was scanning the belts in syndicate when a gallente dictor comes up on scanner. I follow him and start to chase him around, and once I catch him warping on a gate I tell the fleet whats going on and they warp over. While they were in warp I figured out my mistake.. The dictor drops a bubble and as soon as my fleet warps in, the gate activates with an entire fleet of HAC's and command ships. In the end we lost 2 ships and a pod.
Ahh the lovely days of Eve when I had no idea what the hell I was doing.  -------------------------------------------------- "With hard work and focus ye shall achieve." |

Grunanca
BLACK-FLAG
|
Posted - 2008.02.07 17:59:00 -
[4]
Had just bought a new cane and fitted+rigged it. Due to overview bug I have 2 gates with close to similar names (arnstur and anstur) show as yellow. I of course pick wrong gate by accident and end up in high sec. As that wouldnt be enough (i was nanoed and could make it back 50% of the time), I get a black screen but stay online. 2 Min or so later I see the message that I have entered high sec and will be destroyed. However I am not at the gate, I am in an empty grid 999.999km off the gate. The police spawns and wtfbbq me.
As always there was no sign of a bug in the logs (get a better log system pls CCP!) and I could loot my own wreck later.
|

Tal Nok
Amarr DEATH'S LEGION
|
Posted - 2008.02.07 18:18:00 -
[5]
Sucks...but just a quick question...if your isp went out, how did you still have ts to hear about the incomming gang?
On the otherside, I had a unglamorous death last week. I got drunk, and jumped into high sec and still didn't realize what was going on untill after I had popped and jumped back into low sec.
About an hour later, I was wondering where the ship which was concorded was. Good laughs the next day.
Originally by: CCP Mitnal Forum gods ANGRY.
Need sacrifice.
Originally by: hellsknights It's always nice to kill something you can't afford
|

Goyda
Veni Vidi Vici. Brotherhood Of Steel
|
Posted - 2008.02.07 18:23:00 -
[6]
CLient locked up midwarp to attack some hostiles, I was ganged with a friend at the time so I reboot, and hopefully get back in time to back him up and kill this player. Uh yeah, not so. Come back in and warp right into the middle of the player we were gonna kill and a friend. sucked.
|

Marcus TheMartin
Gallente Deadly Addiction
|
Posted - 2008.02.07 19:04:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Tal Nok Sucks...but just a quick question...if your isp went out, how did you still have ts to hear about the incomming gang?
On the otherside, I had a unglamorous death last week. I got drunk, and jumped into high sec and still didn't realize what was going on untill after I had popped and jumped back into low sec.
About an hour later, I was wondering where the ship which was concorded was. Good laughs the next day.
It was the weirdest thing ever the server maintenance being preformed knocked out eve, the forums, and that ginger worshiping place.
Regardless i was pretty ****ed to find out that of all the luck that would be the only thing to go offline
|

Tchell Dahhn
Amarr Leet Fleet Shadows Of Supremacy
|
Posted - 2008.02.07 19:20:00 -
[8]
Mine actually happened last night, and the end was actually bittersweet...
I was shooting through three losec systems to get back to hisec in an unarmed Executioner (which, even if armed, would have died faster than a snowball in a microwave oven) when I noted that I had only one final gate to hit before I was out.
I warped to zero on the gate, only to see lots (I'd say twenty plus) ships of varying sizes all battling it out... What got my attention was the fact that all of my rings (shields, armor and structure) had suddenly turned red, even though my display consistently showed "Session Change in Progress" whenever I clicked the 'warp' button.
Yes, I had come across the wonderful Gatecamp, and for my first time, too! I tried repeatedly to exit the system, as my ship was still fully visible, floating in space ahead of me, and the battle was still raging. My EvEMail informed me that I'd been paid for the loss of my ship, and the KillMail showed that I'd been taking out by some type of Large Graviton Smartbomb...
Here was the clincher - of course, I was already kicking myself for getting caught at the last gate I needed to traverse, but I never realized while I was jumping EXACTLY where I was...

I glanced up and to the left, just after sending in my "I'm Stuck!" petition, only to read the most ominous words I have ever read: Current Location - RANCER
The progression of my demeanor:

I kicked myself for not noticing this thirty seconds sooner, as most (if not all) of you know that this is the one system that you do NOT want to go flying around in.
So, while I was waiting for the GM Response, and chatting with buddies in MSN (who were laughing, btw) I logged off, and relogged back in. When I returned, I wholeheartedly expected to see the interior of my base, and read the fateful words that would accompany my PodMail.
But, there I stared, dumbfounded, at the sight of my Pod, streaking through the night sky... I suddenly thought, "OMG, if I'm in instawarp because of my logofski, I must be warping back to the GATE!!!"
I tried to stop the warp, or dock up to one of the bases in the system, but I couldn't... I watched as my Pod slowed, getting closer and closer to its destination... ...and then, nothing. There were no pirates camping the gate. There was just a gate, and that's when I noticed where I was - I had actually made it through the gate, and whether it was fate, or some very kind GM, I consider myself very, very lucky!
(...and I promise to ALWAYS read the system names BEFORE I warp into danger!)

|

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Minmatar GoonFleet GoonSwarm
|
Posted - 2008.02.07 19:28:00 -
[9]
To get from one end of goon space to another I usually just pod jump for ease of travel... so I was ready to go to the frontlines of the jihad on bob. I dock up, set my clone, set my station, everything is ready... so I undock and sealf destruct my pod. I wake up in the same station 
Originally by: Avaricia look a goon lol
|

Jack Brazen
Reckless Corsairs
|
Posted - 2008.02.07 20:32:00 -
[10]
Well, I've had some stupid deaths, but I'm a newb so I don't feel too bad. But I got a kill today that I'd classify as a fight that went FUBAR for my victim. It was a Crow I killed, and I was in my Osprey. Here's the killmail:
2008.02.07 18:42:00
Victim: Terribly-Smacky-Type-Person-In-Local-Afterwards Alliance: NONE Corp: X Destroyed: Crow System: Tash-Murkon Prime Security: 0.8 Damage Taken: 1195
Involved parties:
Name: Jack Brazen (laid the final blow) Security: 0.2 Alliance: NONE Corp: Reckless Corsairs Ship: Osprey Weapon: Light Neutron Blaster II Damage Done: 1195
Destroyed items:
Polycarbon Engine Housing I Blueprint (Cargo) Veldspar, Qty: 835 (Cargo) Catalyzed Cold-Gas I Arcjet Thrusters Overdrive Injector System II Cap Recharger II Caldari Navy Bloodclaw Light Missile, Qty: 43 Capacitor Control Circuit I Blueprint (Cargo)
Dropped items:
Upgraded 'Limos' Standard Missile Bay I, Qty: 3 Warp Disruptor II Egress Port Maximizer I Blueprint (Cargo) Overdrive Injector System II Caldari Navy Bloodclaw Light Missile, Qty: 829 (Cargo) Caldari Navy Bloodclaw Light Missile, Qty: 86 Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I Blueprint (Cargo) Nanofiber Internal Structure II
So, while its not a tale of my screw-up, I think it qualifies. Why he was carrying blueprints into any kind of fight is beyond me as well tbh. ----- In EVE - never bring a knife to a knife-fight.
Reckless Corsairs is looking for a few aspiring team PVPers. |

Amanda Eidolo
Sybrite Inc.
|
Posted - 2008.02.07 22:47:00 -
[11]
Mine is propably when I was flying in a fleet with my friends. I was the cyno ship with my Navy Augoror. Well we jump to a system, scan some time, one of us tackles somebody to the gate and we go to help him. More of them start coming so they tell me to put the cyno up. I do as I'm told and press the cyno on. Our carrier come's to system, I tell my friends to keep me alive and go get something to eat. I come back I see all of my friends awat from the gate as couple dreadnoughts and carriers with some battleships belonging to the enemy are banging the hell out of me.
Well that wasn't too bad but later that day I had to cyno my friends carrier away from that place where I had cynoed it before. Well I do the cyno, on the station. Tell him to keep me alive if something happens. I go get some snacks. I come back with no shields on (on my Harbinger so no problem) and then I see the local go up by 20 people... I'm like "Not again..." as I see 20 Russians warp to station with frigates and cruisers and recons and stuff. My friends carrier gets jammed, so do I and in the end my Harbinger was lost along with my friends cyno generator.
In the end this may not be a bad ****up but certainly it made me ****e'd of, and the story might be a bit boring as I didn't get podded (never have been podded :) ) but I can assure you my face must've been kinda epic when I came back to my Navy Augoror to find myself being capital blobbed.
|

Bimjo
Caldari SKULLDOGS
|
Posted - 2008.02.08 00:18:00 -
[12]
because of lag in empire(or my ISP playing up) I managed to target a station and also say OK to the warning and shoot it , then 2 billion concord police shoot me up the jacksy
another time I target a station and as I was about to dock I shot at it , managed to dock for some reason smug I come out the station, and as I undock I realise on the top left corner I am a wanted man , 1 dead BS ======================== XXX |

techzer0
IDLE GUNS
|
Posted - 2008.02.08 00:31:00 -
[13]
Look up my lossmails for some epic-failness.
Tried bumping a non-aggro'd punisher off a lowsec gate in my crow (I'm -10). He webs, scrams and takes me out in no time... I fail at eve, lol 
Then there was this Atlas Alliance Phoenix that warped to a gate last night and went into siege after getting gate aggro while try killing a Vaga... needless to say we dropped a Moros and a bunch of BS's on him and he died horribly (He swore it was due to a glitch that made his booster stay on.). Too bad he self destructed at 5% structure... it was a pretty epic fail, and all his Thon's stuff we saw on the ship scan died 
------------
Originally by: Praxis1452 you win eve
|

Mankirks Wife
|
Posted - 2008.02.08 01:18:00 -
[14]
Was doing a mining op out in our NPC-sov 0.0 system. We'd been at it a while and were a bit bored when our scout (me, on one of my characters) spotted a Huginn, a Curse, and an Ishtar jump into the system. Being a bit bored and having a significant numerical advantage we decided to jump into our combat ships (some of them even pvp fit) and have a go at it.
In the end we lost..
1 Hyperion 1 Myrm 1 Ishar 3 Thoraxes
.. and I don't think we even touched them at all. We learned why people QQ about nano fits on these boards, although we also came up with some decent counter strats for later though.
|

Haster Mansn
Minmatar Sebiestor tribe
|
Posted - 2008.02.08 02:37:00 -
[15]
Last weekend I was doing a mission in my raven(1 i had'nt done before)I was happily killing a large assortment of drone towers and easily tanking the damage, I was passive tanked so the 5 or 6 neut towers did'nt really bother me. I just happened top look away from the screen to notice my puppy dropping a steaming curly turd in the middle of the room. I did'nt swear or curse... Honestly... I quickly got up and grabed the various cleaning products we have on hand for such emergencies, secure in the knowledge that my raven would carry on killing the towers I had targeted. I quickly rolled a ciggy as it seems the best thing for masking the vile stench and then cleaned up what the dear little thing had left for me, hardly gagging at all. Dispossing of the cloths and washing my hands I returned to my pc expecting the towers to be gone, and they were !!. What i did'nt expect to see was the bloody great spawn which had already killed my drones for funzies and were now happily battering away the last of my shield, with a small cry of panic I quickly clicked on the nearest object and selected warp - 0 only to be told i was scrambled, Ohhh deep joy !!. I looked over at my puppy (Indy) as my dear old raven heaved its last breath, he was viciously attacking his squeaky bone with a face on it, I thought bad thoughts.
|

Leilani Solaris
Gallente Auriga inc
|
Posted - 2008.02.08 03:35:00 -
[16]
I was messing around before bed trying to get some kills in my bhaalgorn. A friend called for help killing something so i warped in to the gate and as usuall i get tackled by a frig, but being in a bhaalgorn i wasn't really too bothered..... Untill a falcon decloaks and permajams me. Then this happens. I couldn't do a thing about it.
|

Rogerano
Minmatar Einherjar Rising Cry Havoc.
|
Posted - 2008.02.08 04:23:00 -
[17]
Not so much a death as an unglamorous close-shave with death.
Finished fitting a lovely domi with 35k armor and all that. Lovingly placed a balanced collection of drones into the bay. Gave it a fittingly stupid name. It was nearly bed-time (ask anybody, never a good time to contemplate adventures) when I decided to see what was up in system. Undocked and saw a group of crazy Russians warp down to the PF gate in Orvolle. I head down after them, intending to give one or two a giant "hello!" bump off the gate (because I'm mean). By the time my giant, fat, trimarked bottom gets down to the gate this Russian group has been identified as a 10+ BS group which has already jumped into PF and established a camp.
So I figure... bed-time. I click the dock button on my favourite station... and immediately experience an icy sinking feeling of DOOM(tm) as I realise I still had the PF star-gate selected on overview which meant that dock = jump into. Oh. No.
So there I am in PF noting that the intel was disappointingly accurate; 10+ crazy Ivan's in a variety of peace-loving-Rogerano killing machines. As you might appreciate, a triple plated BS doesn't move so quick but once it does start moving it doesn't like to slow down. So I thought I would give that theory a try and approached the gate with MWD going. I gave that gate one hell of a bump; if it wasn't anchored I would have sent into the next region. But I did make it out which utterly amazed me, though not without a stained pair of under-garments.
I blame the overview for not anticipating my unwillingness to jump into a gang of Russians. --- Not happy with something in EVE? An emo whine will doubtless help your cause. |

Siriyana
Astrum Contract Services Group
|
Posted - 2008.02.08 06:34:00 -
[18]
Flying after the previous evening's outing in my Curse back home- scanned the gate, nobody on it, so I warp to it. Right as I land on the gate, a nano-gang lands on the gate.
One of them aggressed, so I had no real choice but to jump through (rapier, double webbed). Of course the rest of the gang followed. I was about 2m/s from warping away when I got tackled and that was all she wrote. :)
I lost another Curse the next day out of blind luck nearly the same way.  ----- CEO, Astrum Contract Services Group
|

Ridley Tree
The Black Rabbits
|
Posted - 2008.02.08 06:44:00 -
[19]
Undock
Blackscreen - Full Computer Crash
Reboot
Log-in. Notice I'm in a different station.
Swearing. ____
Black Rabbits Recruitment |

Stakhanov
Metafarmers
|
Posted - 2008.02.08 07:13:00 -
[20]
Got a better one :
Undock in Ingunn (200 local)
Blackscreen (photoshop running + hauler blob at undock = bad)
Hearing explosions , logging out and back in - looks like little ares went pop to an antipie kitsune (and some farmer noobships , the humiliation !)
Warping pod to dock. Landing 2km from the station. Antipie rapier webs pod , kitsune kills it. There goes my brand new +4 set.
Emo tears.
Originally by: ivan draco we didnt want your post anyway
|

Joseph Christ
|
Posted - 2008.02.08 07:15:00 -
[21]
One word: Autopilot.
You only do that once.
|

Inertial
The Python Cartel
|
Posted - 2008.02.08 07:58:00 -
[22]
Edited by: Inertial on 08/02/2008 07:58:10 Last wedensday I scan down a Jaguar in my Vexor. I lock the Jaguar, expecting it to jump out, but apperently he had other intentions, zooming about for a few seconds before a Megathron comes in. The Jaguar Scrams me so the mega gets time to lock me. I am also webbed so I move about 30m/s. I hate getting ganked like this, because in the end you are absolutely helpless, just waiting for your ship to be destroyed.
Yesterday I jumped into a system seeing a Onyx and two Harbringers warp in at the gate. I realise I am not sensibly aligned to anything (I HATE THAT!) and I am promtly scrammed and destroyed in about three seconds. Funny thing is that one of the guys asks me to pay 10 million in Ransom after I have gotten away...
|

Citizen Hash
|
Posted - 2008.02.08 08:56:00 -
[23]
Originally by: techzer0
Tried bumping a non-aggro'd punisher off a lowsec gate in my crow (I'm -10). He webs, scrams and takes me out in no time... I fail at eve, lol 
I remember that 8)
|

Gneeznow
Minmatar North Eastern Swat Pandemic Legion
|
Posted - 2008.02.08 09:13:00 -
[24]
get gangwarped into a large fleet battle in my shiney new vaga
dont load grid
sit there for 10 minutes not loading grid
die to a hel with hornet I's on me
|

Yonneh
Death of Virtue Sex Panthers
|
Posted - 2008.02.08 09:49:00 -
[25]
I'm just logging in and dont mean to press undock, and my mate calls me to help him clean his car.
*Yay for being -10*
I come back to find my faction Hype no longer there and my lovely slave clone, also missing.. hmm..
While i was away a noob Apoc and drake spent 8 mins shooting me while i was getting all soapy 
|

Mica Bastiaanse
|
Posted - 2008.02.08 10:36:00 -
[26]
When i was a utter noob, and the corp i was in got a wardec i decided to mine in my spanking new ferox. Got popped, insurance payed, bought a new one, and stared mining again. Then, i got popped again, by the same guy. all this happend in about 10 minutes.
|

Ka Jolo
Ministry of Destruction
|
Posted - 2008.02.11 12:03:00 -
[27]
Back when I was a 6-week-old pirate, a Vexor appeared as I undocked from a space station. I checked my databases, and the pilot appeared to be brand new--only 5 days old. Knowing I was flashing red on his overview due to my outlaw status, I thought I'd try to entrap him into firing on me in my humble Incursus--giving me the right to shoot back, right under the station sentry guns. It was a long wait. Finally, he targeted me. To encourage him, I went into my tight orbit around his ship. Then his drones appeared (dang, he actually did have drones and was going to use them...gulp). Then he attacked. I was soon dead. For a five-day-old noob, he seemed to know what he was doing. How does a five-day-old noob end up in a Vexor (Gallente Frigate IV, Spaceship Command III, Gallente Cruiser II) that deploys 5 drones (Drones V) and T2 neutron blasters (Small Hybrid Turret V, Motion Prediction III, and Small Blaster Specialization)? How does he afford the Vexor, the guns, the drones? I checked again, only to confirm he was indeed just 5 days old. The rascal garnered himself the honor of being the first to pop my capsule, too, as lag attacked my computer. Not only that, I lost four basic implants I'd received during my tutorial days!
Aggro-baiting ftl.
Your Money or Your Life! The journal of a space pirate
|

M'ing Pai
The Really Awesome Players
|
Posted - 2008.02.11 16:03:00 -
[28]
I was in a belt recently in an Incursus, swiping some ore from a guy mining in a frig. He had a corpmate (probably an alt) in a Bestower with him. When I swiped it, he threw a little smack in local, and targeted me. I returned the favor.
His hauler targeted me and started firing at me. "Yippee!" I thought, as I targeted the Bestower and activated my modules. For some reason, my criminal act warning wasn't turned on.
I had forgotten that targeting a ship doesn't switch the target selected. Egg on my face!
Oh, well. Incursuses are cheap.
It's good to see people opening up. I love you guys *sniff* Where's the coffee and pastries? 
|

AizenSousuke
Gallente Gear Ratio
|
Posted - 2008.02.11 17:37:00 -
[29]
Oh man I got a new one. Since I'm kinda noobish in 0.0 fleet warfare and I haven't seen a large scale fleet battle, mom ships and all, I wanted to check out the war down in Delve. So I get my nice Helios fitted and ready, fly out about 35 jumps, hit the gate into 0.0 (I thought I knew what gatecamps are all about, I've avoided lots of them in syndicate with my helios..ha).
As soon as I enter the system I'm in the middle of the "Gate camp del carajo" (For all of you Spanish speakers). I'm thinking to myself "okay, I can get through this" No sooner had I uncloaked and started to cloak again I was popped. Good news though; I didn't have to make the 35 jumps back home!  -------------------------------------------------- "With hard work and focus ye shall achieve." |

Novemb3r
Vale Heavy Industries Molotov Coalition
|
Posted - 2008.02.12 03:17:00 -
[30]
Camping war targets in High sec with hot guns and I control clicked a neutral cause I'm too lazy to fix my overview settings. Inties don't tank station sentries all that well. -
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |