| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Taipion
Los Primitivos
55
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 18:15:00 -
[1] - Quote
Ok, when I today patched up EVE and saw the new launcher, well ok I thought, whatever they want to do, but then...
...then I tried to play, and that was A PAIN!
pre "New Launcher": me clicks EVE.exe 10 times to put up 10 clients, so I can logg in all those accounts
post "New Launcher": click EVE.exe more than once, and get an error, wait for launcher to load, then click "Play" once, wait until the launcher is responsive again and the first instance loaded, then click "Play" again and repeat this tedious procedure FOR EVERY FKING CLIENT that I want to load!
INTERNS, they have all their coding done by INTERNS, while the real devs are drunk and ****** !!!
What bullshit is that?!
Could someone give me a hack or workaround to start the client directly without fking that fking LAUNCHER first!?
Pretty please!
(and thanks to CCP for again and again wasting my time with implementing "upgrades", "addons" and "improvements" !!!) (...and saving a lot of money with selling these as real ones) |

Patient 2428190
DEGRREE'Fo'FREE Internet Business School
112
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 18:17:00 -
[2] - Quote
Welcome to excellence CCP style |

ApophisXP
Sadistic Retribution Sadistic Empire
13
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 18:22:00 -
[3] - Quote
Start the client, in the launcher, go to the options menu by clicking on the spanner in top right.
select the options that dont use the launcher and to only use it when a patch is available.
That way, your shortcuts go directly into eve.
Or, you could try just launching the ExeFile.exe itself and making a shortcut to it. |

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
3412
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 18:25:00 -
[4] - Quote
you know we had like a month of testing for feedback.
CCP made blogs on why they have to go this way as well.
|

Takashi Kaeda
Perkone Caldari State
22
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 18:32:00 -
[5] - Quote
I also thought this was the case at first.
Settings > 'Only Launch When Patch Available'
Problem solved. |

Cipher Jones
353
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 18:33:00 -
[6] - Quote
It took me the same amount of time to log in as it always does.
I am glad CCP came up with yet another way to punish button spammers. They are a scourge.
04:25:37 Notify Cipher Jones, criminals are not welcome here. Leave now or be destroyed. |

Taipion
Los Primitivos
55
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 18:34:00 -
[7] - Quote
ApophisXP wrote:Or, you could try just launching the ExeFile.exe itself and making a shortcut to it. nope, starts the launcher as well, but the other thing worked, thanks man!
|

Something Random
The Barrow Boys
130
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 18:34:00 -
[8] - Quote
Taipion wrote: INTERNS, they have all their coding done by INTERNS, while the real devs are drunk and ****** !!!
What bullshit is that?!
Yeh, like YOU wouldnt.
Taipion wrote: ...start the client directly without fking that fking LAUNCHER first!?
Im sure theres a law against that, you deviant.
"caught on fire a little bit, just a little." "Delinquents, check, weirdos, check, hippies, check, pillheads, check, freaks, check, potheads, check .....gangsn++ all here!" |

Vertisce Soritenshi
Varion Galactic Tragedy.
1232
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 18:35:00 -
[9] - Quote
Good God...you know what this reminds me of?
Rep: "Thank you for calling DELL technical support. How may I help you?" Cust: *emorage* "Your product sucks! The cup holder can't even hold a decent 64 ounce cup! The peice of **** broke off and now I have Coke all over my desk! Why can't you morons ever get anything right! You are going to pay for this!" EvE is not about PvP.-á EvE is about the SANDBOX! - CCP!-á Open the door!!! |

Taipion
Los Primitivos
55
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 18:37:00 -
[10] - Quote
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:Good God...you know what this reminds me of?
Rep: "Thank you for calling DELL technical support. How may I help you?" Cust: *emorage* "Your product sucks! The cup holder can't even hold a decent 64 ounce cup! The peice of **** broke off and now I have Coke all over my desk! Why can't you morons ever get anything right! You are going to pay for this!" look a few post above yours, there you can see how constructive and helpfull posts are made, not that you would intend to do such things...
|

Drew Solaert
University of Caille Gallente Federation
82
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 18:42:00 -
[11] - Quote
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:Good God...you know what this reminds me of?
Rep: "Thank you for calling DELL technical support. How may I help you?" Cust: *emorage* "Your product sucks! The cup holder can't even hold a decent 64 ounce cup! The peice of **** broke off and now I have Coke all over my desk! Why can't you morons ever get anything right! You are going to pay for this!"
In this case, pretty much spot on. For every player ship that blows up, the wheels of the economy turn slightly faster. -áDo your bit today. -áGo out and PEW.
|

Riedle
Wayne's TV and Appliances
89
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 18:43:00 -
[12] - Quote
Taipion wrote:Ok, when I today patched up EVE and saw the new launcher, well ok I thought, whatever they want to do, but then...
...then I tried to play, and that was A PAIN!
pre "New Launcher": me clicks EVE.exe 10 times to put up 10 clients, so I can logg in all those accounts
post "New Launcher": click EVE.exe more than once, and get an error, wait for launcher to load, then click "Play" once, wait until the launcher is responsive again and the first instance loaded, then click "Play" again and repeat this tedious procedure FOR EVERY FKING CLIENT that I want to load!
INTERNS, they have all their coding done by INTERNS, while the real devs are drunk and ****** !!!
What bullshit is that?!
Could someone give me a hack or workaround to start the client directly without fking that fking LAUNCHER first!?
Pretty please!
(and thanks to CCP for again and again wasting my time with implementing "upgrades", "addons" and "improvements" !!!) (...and saving a lot of money with selling these as real ones)
TLDR:
emo rager with 10 accounts gets addicted to EVE forgets how to interact with other humans. |

bartos100
DARK ADAMA
6
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 18:44:00 -
[13] - Quote
i like the new launcher but i think it still needs some work
when i started today i had to install the launcher and it ran when it was done i start my eve client and the first thing i get is client update #1 :D |

Grey Azorria
Federation Industries
116
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 18:47:00 -
[14] - Quote
You could just hit the play button 10 times.... Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. |

Tarsus Zateki
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
79
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 18:48:00 -
[15] - Quote
A small minority of Eve's players are inconvenienced by the new launcher and all of a sudden the sky is falling. |

Kile Kitmoore
7
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 18:48:00 -
[16] - Quote
bartos100 wrote:i like the new launcher but i think it still needs some work
when i started today i had to install the launcher and it ran when it was done i start my eve client and the first thing i get is client update #1 :D
LOL, same here. Done patching and the game is ready to play, then Doh!....Got one more! |

Taipion
Los Primitivos
55
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 18:49:00 -
[17] - Quote
Grey Azorria wrote:You could just hit the play button 10 times.... ever bothered reading other peoples posts? no?!
Troll spotted! |

Patient 2428190
DEGRREE'Fo'FREE Internet Business School
112
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 18:49:00 -
[18] - Quote
bartos100 wrote:i like the new launcher but i think it still needs some work
when i started today i had to install the launcher and it ran when it was done i start my eve client and the first thing i get is client update #1 :D
Yeah you'd think the whole point of the launcher is to handle all your patching for you in one step |

Morganta
Peripheral Madness The Midget Mafia
979
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 18:55:00 -
[19] - Quote
is the patch really this big or is the launcher just this slow?
The American public's reaction to the change was poor and the new cola was a major marketing failure. The subsequent reintroduction of Coke's original formula, re-branded as "Coca-Cola Classic", resulted in a significant gain in sales, leading to speculation that the introduction of the New Coke formula was just a marketing ploy |

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
3414
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 19:00:00 -
[20] - Quote
I'll state it here once again.
This is a step fowards.
A step backwards would be having a game client that doesnt know there is a patch avilable, tells you that the server is available and will not connect and will do this when the next patch to fix your client isnt even available and a full client install took them a week to compile.
You have no idea how much more of a PITA eve client used to be.
|

admiral root
Red Galaxy NEM3SIS.
37
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 19:01:00 -
[21] - Quote
bartos100 wrote:i like the new launcher but i think it still needs some work
when i started today i had to install the launcher and it ran when it was done i start my eve client and the first thing i get is client update #1 :D
Same here.
Also, what possible reason is there to not let us have the eyesore minimise to the system tray? If I want Eve "news" I know where to find it. Same goes for account management and buying PLEx. |

Tarsus Zateki
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
79
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 19:02:00 -
[22] - Quote
Of course the multi-boxing OP is likely to illiterate to notice the option in the launcher's settings to have it not show up. |

Velicitia
Open Designs
784
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 19:02:00 -
[23] - Quote
Morganta wrote:is the patch really this big or is the launcher just this slow?
the launcher is full of :CCP: ~excellence~ I'll be fixed soon(tm).
On the upside, sounds like they left boot.ini alone  |

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
3414
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 19:04:00 -
[24] - Quote
I'll state it here once again
This is a step fowards
A step backwards would be having a game client that doesnt know there is a patch avilable, tells you that the server is available and will not connect and will do this when the next patch to fix your client isnt even available and a full client install took them a week to compile
You have no idea how much more of a PITA eve client used to be
as other people put it, Launch done patching. Instead launch oh there's a patch, tell okay to patch. close eve. patch eve. restart eve. having to forcefully restart eve becuase its wrong pathname from what it thought it should be. Finds out there is a hot patch repeat until caught back up to current client edition. which the crucible edition had been for a while.
|

Kiandoshia
Amarrian Retribution Amarr 7th Fleet
19
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 19:25:00 -
[25] - Quote
Takashi Kaeda wrote:I also thought this was the case at first.
Settings > 'Only Launch When Patch Available'
Problem solved.
It doesn't work here... |

Par'Gellen
Full Circle Research Corporation
18
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 20:41:00 -
[26] - Quote
Taipion wrote:what a bullshit, sure everyone tests the beta stuff and reads all that ****, because we are all payed to further enhance CCPs projects...oh...wait...we are actually not payed, no, we pay CCP to do that stuff...  Well he's not wrong... This has always bothered me about CCP. I'm just not used to paying a company to test their software for them. |

Az'Kagoth
Sons Of 0din Fatal Ascension
35
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 20:59:00 -
[27] - Quote
Quote:Well he's not wrong... This has always bothered me about CCP. I'm just not used to paying a company to test their software for them.
Oh he is wrong. And so are you
You are not paying anything, you get the privilege of being able to test new features that might be added to the game completely for free
See that way, CCP gives YOU the power to give feedback. And they actually listen
Burying your head in the sand, not using your right to get involved, all out of laziness has effectively removed your right to complain. |

Tarsus Zateki
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
95
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 21:07:00 -
[28] - Quote
Par'Gellen wrote:Taipion wrote:what a bullshit, sure everyone tests the beta stuff and reads all that ****, because we are all payed to further enhance CCPs projects...oh...wait...we are actually not payed, no, we pay CCP to do that stuff...  Well he's not wrong... This has always bothered me about CCP. I'm just not used to paying a company to test their software for them.
I pay CCP for access to a server, one that specifically stipulates that that access is not guaranteed. If that isn't an acceptable level of risk for you, there's the door. |

Par'Gellen
Full Circle Research Corporation
18
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 21:12:00 -
[29] - Quote
Az'Kagoth wrote:Quote:Well he's not wrong... This has always bothered me about CCP. I'm just not used to paying a company to test their software for them. Oh he is wrong. And so are you You are not paying anything, you get the privilege of being able to test new features that might be added to the game completely for free See that way, CCP gives YOU the power to give feedback. And they actually listen Burying your head in the sand, not using your right to get involved, all out of laziness has effectively removed your right to complain. New features that require feedback is one thing and I agree with you there. However, basic software bugs that are obvious to anyone that starts up the client is quite another. This is not my first rodeo. I've seen this from CCP for years. I used to religiously log into SISI and test like crazy. I stopped when I saw that the bugs (most new) I was reporting were making it to Tranquility anyway. I realized nobody seemed to really be paying attention on the other end even while practically begging for bug reports on the feedback forum. Baffling...
To be clear, I'm not talking about gameplay changes. Those DO need to be tested by actual players. I'm talking about bug hunting which should NOT be the responsibility of the players in any way. They are completely different things. |

Valentyn3
Deep Core Mining Inc.
118
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 21:28:00 -
[30] - Quote
THIS IS NEW, I HATE NEW THINGS THEREFORE I HATE THIS!!!!1!!ONE!1!
Seriously, how day they take the drab, old windows box and give me something with the game news and player count in it! A travesty!
 I don't always use hax. But when I do, it's because I'm an NPC.. http://i.imgur.com/PUZou.jpg
|

Taipion
Los Primitivos
55
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 21:43:00 -
[31] - Quote
Nova Fox wrote:I'll state it here once again.
This is a step fowards.
A step backwards would be having a game client that doesnt know there is a patch avilable, tells you that the server is available and will not connect and will do this when the next patch to fix your client isnt even available and a full client install took them a week to compile.
You have no idea how much more of a PITA eve client used to be.
as other people put it,
Launch done patching.
Instead of
launch oh there's a patch, tell okay to patch. close eve. patch eve. restart eve. having to forcefully restart eve becuase its wrong pathname from watch patcher assumes. Oh theres another patch repeat until caught up with all hot fixes. You Sir, are a absolutely A-level-idiot, or troll, your choice. - the client was "aware" of available patches before (old, build in, launcher) - it is no way faster, but slower in the process with the new launcher - you have appearantly no clue of how such things work
Oh, and even when "start only when patch is available" is checked, the launcher is "started" first, though not visible, but you still get an error if you try to launch more than one instance without waiting a few seconds!
I still need a hack/workaround to start the client without calling the launcher first, PLEAS HELP! |

Az'Kagoth
Sons Of 0din Fatal Ascension
35
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 21:51:00 -
[32] - Quote
Par'Gellen wrote:Az'Kagoth wrote:Quote:Well he's not wrong... This has always bothered me about CCP. I'm just not used to paying a company to test their software for them. Oh he is wrong. And so are you You are not paying anything, you get the privilege of being able to test new features that might be added to the game completely for free See that way, CCP gives YOU the power to give feedback. And they actually listen Burying your head in the sand, not using your right to get involved, all out of laziness has effectively removed your right to complain. New features that require feedback are one thing and I agree with you there. However, basic software bugs that are obvious to anyone that starts up the client is quite another. This is not my first rodeo. I've seen this from CCP for years. I used to religiously log into SISI and test like crazy. I stopped when I saw that the bugs (most new) I was reporting were making it to Tranquility anyway. I realized nobody seemed to really be paying attention on the other end even while practically begging for bug reports on the feedback forum. Baffling... To be clear, I'm not talking about gameplay changes. Those DO need to be tested by actual players. I'm talking about bug hunting which should NOT be the responsibility of the players in any way. They are completely different things.
I agree with you completely on the bug hunting issue.
The problem at hand however was not the the launcher was in any way "bugged". It is simply not working as the OP wants it to, even though it is working as intended. It's complaining about that, that my post was directed at. |

Taipion
Los Primitivos
55
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 22:01:00 -
[33] - Quote
Az'Kagoth wrote:Par'Gellen wrote:Az'Kagoth wrote:Quote:Well he's not wrong... This has always bothered me about CCP. I'm just not used to paying a company to test their software for them. Oh he is wrong. And so are you You are not paying anything, you get the privilege of being able to test new features that might be added to the game completely for free See that way, CCP gives YOU the power to give feedback. And they actually listen Burying your head in the sand, not using your right to get involved, all out of laziness has effectively removed your right to complain. New features that require feedback are one thing and I agree with you there. However, basic software bugs that are obvious to anyone that starts up the client is quite another. This is not my first rodeo. I've seen this from CCP for years. I used to religiously log into SISI and test like crazy. I stopped when I saw that the bugs (most new) I was reporting were making it to Tranquility anyway. I realized nobody seemed to really be paying attention on the other end even while practically begging for bug reports on the feedback forum. Baffling... To be clear, I'm not talking about gameplay changes. Those DO need to be tested by actual players. I'm talking about bug hunting which should NOT be the responsibility of the players in any way. They are completely different things. I agree with you completely on the bug hunting issue. The problem at hand however was not the the launcher was in any way "bugged". It is simply not working as the OP wants it to, even though it is working as intended. It's complaining about that, that my post was directed at.
"not paying anything" ?! ...you seem to have gotten something wrong here
" It is simply not working as the OP wants it to" ...this is wrong, it used to work like this, but stopped with this "upgrade", thereby, this is a bug, yes, as this feature was not intentionally discontinued, but stopped working due to bad implementation.
I still would greatly appreciate any hack/workaround/soloution for this!
It is sooo annoying... -.-
|

Obsidian Dagger
Nitrus Nine
29
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 22:04:00 -
[34] - Quote
I like it. Okay there was a bug when it first started, but honestly, more people could have tested it, I never did my part so have no right to complain about one post install update.
I was also restricted to my 3G connection this morning when it became available. Despite the shittyness of my CONNECTION it downloaded the new patch smoothly at a decent speed, picking up after dropped connections and really worked quite well.
CCP left plenty options for working around bugs, or ignoring the launcher entirely if you don't want it...
Nope, I see no problems with the launcher, nice addition CCP.
On the other hand, what the HELL did you do to my Invul Fields?! |

Lucky Lips
Black Paradise
0
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 22:15:00 -
[35] - Quote
Dear CCP, You all should stop drinking at work, this new launcher is one more useless addition to a game that used to be great. Why not be sober for a day and work on things that players care about, you might spend time doing things for the players when they are loged in rather than making useless stuff that pisses off your fast dropping subscribers.
Lets walk in station..... NO we ****** that up so just do some flashy useless login that no one cares about and they might forget that we dont give a **** about our players.............................sounds like a line Hilmar might have said to programmers at a meeting. |

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Industrial Complex Cosmic Consortium
1034
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 22:23:00 -
[36] - Quote
Taipion wrote:Grey Azorria wrote:You could just hit the play button 10 times.... ever bothered reading other peoples posts? no?! Troll spotted!
You could try reading the post you're commenting on. OP was running EVE, getting the launcher, clicking PLAY, quitting the launcher, running EVE, getting the launcher, clicking PLAY.
The simple version is: run EVE, get the launcher, click PLAY twice.
Do you see the difference?
|

Taipion
Los Primitivos
55
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 22:23:00 -
[37] - Quote
Ok, stop it, please.
This is not going anywhere, I know this is GD, but I lunatically hoped to get some quick help here.
Please spare me your trolling and so on, theres a fix needed, and no pointless discussions. |

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Industrial Complex Cosmic Consortium
1034
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 22:26:00 -
[38] - Quote
Taipion wrote:Ok, stop it, please.
So the "only run launcher for patches" option doesn't work for you, and clicking PLAY multiple times doesn't work either? |

Taipion
Los Primitivos
55
|
Posted - 2012.03.13 22:33:00 -
[39] - Quote
Mara Rinn wrote:Taipion wrote:Ok, stop it, please. So the "only run launcher for patches" option doesn't work for you, and clicking PLAY multiple times doesn't work either?
Ok, again:
"only run launcher for patches" does not "not"-start the launcher, it is just not displayed, this is the way they hooked it up, as the launcher needs to "know" when to "show up" for a patch, before the client starts.
Even with this option, you have to wait until the first client is loaded, and the launcher unloaded, before you can start the 2nd client, or you get an error.
This was not how it used to be, and to once and for all stop the trolling here, this feature was not intentionally discontinued, but stopped working due to bad implementation, therefore it is a "bug" and needs to be fixed, and as I know how fast CCP is at recognizing and then maybe fixing them someday:
I need a hack/workaround/soloution for this!
Please Help!
No further discussion needed, if you dont know how to fix this, troll elsewhere! |

Katrina Oniseki
Revenent Defence Corperation Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
355
|
Posted - 2012.03.14 00:03:00 -
[40] - Quote
ITT: Sense of Entitlement & People Who Don't Check the Settings Menu
This is why we can't have nice things. |

Ydnari
Estrale Frontiers Project Wildfire
110
|
Posted - 2012.03.14 00:26:00 -
[41] - Quote
It's just trashed my settings and reset to default because instead of using C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\c_program_files_(x86)_ccp_eve_tranquility it's decided that it'll now use the 8.3 mangled name C:\Users\xxxxxxx\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\c_progra~2_ccp_eve2_tranquility - so it's back to the full screen, accept EULA, everything dumped back to default.
Copy settings over from the right directory to what it decided to change to, it's back again, but it wasn't doing that 3 hours ago, so what the hell is going on? |

Lord Ryan
True Xero
514
|
Posted - 2012.03.14 00:27:00 -
[42] - Quote
Signed -á"Nerf it cause I can't fly it". I want to fly a badass Mon Calamari stlye-ácruiser painted to match my Tron clothes. |

Zabir Kal'Uragan
Sanguine Cabal
3
|
Posted - 2012.03.14 00:36:00 -
[43] - Quote
patched and just lost all my bloody settings
time to emorage go to bed and hope when sober brain wakes up he can fix this shitstorm
too much drunk, I can't brain anymore today |

Waver0605
Chaos Mercenaries BLACK-MARK
0
|
Posted - 2012.03.14 01:12:00 -
[44] - Quote
I was stunned by the setting bug the new patch did. Hmm, CCP didn't anticipated this bug? REALLY?? U joking, right? |

Taipion
Los Primitivos
55
|
Posted - 2012.03.14 02:14:00 -
[45] - Quote
Katrina Oniseki wrote:ITT: Sense of Entitlement & People Who Don't Check the Settings Menu
This is why we can't have nice things.
What-¦s this to do with the settings menu? It does not help here in any way. |

Darth Skorpius
Legion of Darkwind Order of the Void
65
|
Posted - 2012.03.14 02:51:00 -
[46] - Quote
Game launchers are awesome. There is no reason why I should have ot load up the FULL game client to find if its up to date, launchers allow you to see if your client is fully patched BEFORE you load up the actual game client, allowing you to quickly and easily see if you need to download a patch or not. And you can leave them open while not at your PC so that any patch is downloaded and installed for you. Being in a time zone where most games have their downtime's somewhere close to mid night means that when there is an extended downtime for an update, I can simply leave the game launcher open while I sleep and when i get up in the morning, my client is fully patched are ready to go.
I've only been playing MMO's since 2007, but launchers have been around since long before I started playing MMO's, and Eve not having one is something that has always annoyed me for the reasons I mentioned above. Welcome to 10 years ago Follow my Adventures in New Eden! http://www.skorpiuschronicles.com/
Baa Means Baa! |

Katrina Oniseki
Revenent Defence Corperation Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
360
|
Posted - 2012.03.14 04:09:00 -
[47] - Quote
Taipion wrote:Katrina Oniseki wrote:ITT: Sense of Entitlement & People Who Don't Check the Settings Menu
This is why we can't have nice things. What-¦s this to do with the settings menu? It does not help here in any way.
There should be a check-box somewhere in there for shut the f*ck up.
Also:
Takashi Kaeda wrote: Settings > 'Only Launch When Patch Available'
Problem solved.
|

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Industrial Complex Cosmic Consortium
1034
|
Posted - 2012.03.14 05:24:00 -
[48] - Quote
Taipion wrote:Oh, and even when "start only when patch is available" is checked, the launcher is "started" first, though not visible, but you still get an error if you try to launch more than one instance without waiting a few seconds!
Ah, I see. I didn't encounter that problem because my computer is so slow that I can't even try clicking the PLAY button again until it is ready to be clicked :)
|

AllUrIskRBelongToMeToo
Pator Tech School Minmatar Republic
4
|
Posted - 2012.03.14 07:01:00 -
[49] - Quote
Taipion wrote:ApophisXP wrote:Or, you could try just launching the ExeFile.exe itself and making a shortcut to it. nope, starts the launcher as well, but the other thing worked, thanks man! Nova Fox wrote:you know we had like a month of testing for feedback.
CCP made blogs on why they have to go this way as well. what a bullshit, sure everyone tests the beta stuff and reads all that ****, because we are all payed to further enhance CCPs projects...oh...wait...we are actually not payed, no, we pay CCP to do that stuff... 
Welcome to my world, I lost 2 GTCs because CCP decided that posting **** on a god damn forum was equal to sending out a message to all the people playing the game directly, either via email or in game message back when they switched to shader 3. Don't expect the fanboys with **** covered noses to understand what you are trying to say. All they can see is ccp's pasty ass.
Now...I'd be okay if they would just ******* get "dock" to actually do something other then warp to 0 and sit there. I guess i am clicking to dock because I want to sit outside station at zero instead of ...you know...docking the **** up. |

Darth Gustav
Sons Of 0din Fatal Ascension
128
|
Posted - 2012.03.14 07:05:00 -
[50] - Quote
AllUrIskRBelongToMeToo wrote:Taipion wrote:ApophisXP wrote:Or, you could try just launching the ExeFile.exe itself and making a shortcut to it. nope, starts the launcher as well, but the other thing worked, thanks man! Nova Fox wrote:you know we had like a month of testing for feedback.
CCP made blogs on why they have to go this way as well. what a bullshit, sure everyone tests the beta stuff and reads all that ****, because we are all payed to further enhance CCPs projects...oh...wait...we are actually not payed, no, we pay CCP to do that stuff...  Welcome to my world, I lost 2 GTCs because CCP decided that posting **** on a god damn forum was equal to sending out a message to all the people playing the game directly, either via email or in game message back when they switched to shader 3. Don't expect the fanboys with **** covered noses to understand what you are trying to say. All they can see is ccp's pasty ass. Now...I'd be okay if they would just ******* get "dock" to actually do something other then warp to 0 and sit there. I guess i am clicking to dock because I want to sit outside station at zero instead of ...you know...docking the **** up.
Try turning off your cloak then. He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom |

ucntkilme
DPS Delivery Truck DSM FOUNDATION
9
|
Posted - 2012.03.14 07:19:00 -
[51] - Quote
I'll admit I didn't test this. But, that's not really my fault since I'm not a forum ***** in most cases and never heard about the launcher until it was forced upon me.
The idea behind the launcher is solid. I love the idea, however the implementation of the launcher is failed. I'm glad that it works for many people I'm happy you can use the launcher and play the game you pay to play.
However, there are plenty of us - me included , that aren't that fortunate. For me, I click my icon to pull up my first eve client (each eve client is in it's own folder, so i'm not running 1 .exe file 8 times i'm running 8 .exe files 1 time), and it tells me there's a patch. So I download the patch, and it loads this launcher.
So the launcher loads, and an hour later it says it's done but unsuccessful. Doesn't try to re-do it, it just has a button that says OK and then shuts down. So, I figure i try to do that again and click on the same icon which gives me this error:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/339/error1b.png/
So here i have 2 options. Delete the entire eve folder and re-download the entire 4.7 gigs of the game again. Or run the repair.exe..
#1. re-download eve and install it. installation works, launch eve and of course all my settings are removed (new installation).. Client comes up, tells me there is an update. I select that I wan't to do the update, and the above happens all over again..
#2. run the repair.exe, and it comes up telling me there is an update to it -- selecting yes causes it to error as well.. selecting no, causes it to update anyway - but it doesn't actually work..
So basically, there are plenty of people, sure we may be the 'minority', that are having issues even getting the eve client to work because of this patch. And this is what is wrong with CCP of today. The launcher wasn't necessary. It was an 'addition' that exploded and failed horribly just like the WiS was previously.
I love the idea of the launcher, but it wasn't necessary. It takes no mind, into multi-client users that have multiple client installations. And it obviously wasn't tested enough. It was probably on the test server, but really how many people truely utilize the test server? I tried once, and when after 4 hours of trying to get it to work it wouldn't I gave up and said screw it.
Oh, and now that the repair.exe is on step 7 of 7 heres the output of that..
Warning: failed to add block - (760569835, '8\x12\x84\xf0]\xbfd\x84\xf2\\ac\xe7\xa9\xac\xb6') Warning: failed to add block - (-350637006, '{Yx\xab\xd8\xd6\x85`\xcd\xac|\xa5I\xd0\xc34') Warning: failed to add block - (-1114257265, 'Lm,0\xc1p\x01\xb3\xb2}q1\x84\x96h\x01') Warning: failed to add block - (-891888502, '\x1a\x0eL\xcd\x00\xd6\xce\x15\x0b\x88|\xd28m\xb5Y') Warning: failed to add block - (133703662, '0\x8e^\xcb+\x97\xc3\x08\xe5\xdaI\x15\xc4\x96\x9e\x8f') Warning: failed to add block - (1875583775, '\xf5q\xba\xe9\xdbdz\x80\x04\xe0=\xf2\xcc\xf7\x17\xde') Warning: failed to add block - (-178010123, '\xa0\x14\xf4\x1d\xca\x97\x12T\xfc\xa2\xdf.3\x95\xe8\xa4') Warning: failed to add block - (694972859, '\xc3\xb0#B\xb8\xd6\x88\x03\x87\xefd\x93\x16G"\xad') Warning: failed to add block - (-211551749, '\xa6\x17ff\x9c\x89F\t\xc1\xf1\xb2\xbc\xdd\xd5\xec%') Warning: failed to add block - (-1840637729, '\xe1#c\x85}$=\xd2\x86\xe2\x11r\x7f%\r\xa6') Warning: failed to add block - (644733257, '7]wA\xcb\x11\xc7I\xa9e,\xf4\x99\xbd\x8f\xb8') Warning: failed to add block - (-1235585051, '\x06\x9c}&;\xd0i\xd91H\xd5\xba\xa1\xbb\xc5\xf7') Warning: failed to add block - (696033294, '\xb7\xe4\xb3E\x03\xd1\r \xe2\n\xa7\xb2\x1e)i\x1f') Warning: failed to add block - (-1387339225, '?\xfe\x86\xdc\xabe\x9c=\x87\x97\xdb\x822\x1c\x123') Warning: failed to add block - (-323285350, '\x95\x8d\x9a\xe6\xeeW\x17\xabx\x81\x7f\xcd"\xef\x10\n') Warning: failed to add block - (2049840450, '\xc6\xadk2\xb9\xf2\xdf.-\x89ve\x86\xa5h\x10') Warning: failed to add block - (1965357543, "'g?+\xf1\x1b\x90rh7\xc1V\x8a\xf1\x0b\x89") Warning: failed to add block - (629403814, "\xa18\xd28\x1a'mD\xc937\x93\x96\x80(\xaa") Warning: failed to add block - (1215180723, 'e\xd5L\x8apN\xceH?\xe1\xd7\x7f\xb5uj{') Warning: failed to add block - (-1851514618, '\xcfnezY\x16\x1b|!h\x17\x94\x04\xe0#\x10') Warning: failed to add block - (-70920030, 'Dsx\xfa\x96fD2\xc4$\x82\xaf\xa10\x00\xec') Warning: failed to add block - (-1124663578, '\xb1\xf8R\xe9\x8e\xb9^\xaf\xfdL\xa1F\xe7\xb0\x9e\xe2') Warning: failed to add block - (229826195, "\x99$\x1c\xb01\xb2\xd3\x82\x07F\x1c'D\xbc\x05r") Warning: failed to add block - (-1838033374, '\x15\x952]\x06\xe0\xd4\xdcY\xa2\\$\xb1\x18.\xa7') Warning: failed to add block - (-259273697, '_s\xe4\xafj\xe9V\xb0\xb6\xac\x12\x99\x83\xe0\x9f\x1d') Warning: failed to add block - (-296613151, '\xb7\x9d}\xc9\xa1\xeeQX=\xc4\xf6*=Tk`') Warning: failed to add block - (-192685556, '\xe83\xa3\xb93r0\x11#U\xe4\x9d\nt|\x87') Warning: failed to add block - (-1226294581, '\xdf\xaag\xd6X\xb5#h\xc5\xd8D\xad\x05\x1d\x18\x16') Warning: failed to add block - (-700633415, '\x14\xd90]\xe9\x96n\xe6=\xc3R2p\xeb\r\xad') Warning: failed to add block - (1103206558, '\x12+\xa1\xe8\xf0\xa2\xfb\xd0e\xc1\xabs\xc4+>\x98') Warning: failed to add block - (-1551510474, '\rh\xe0\xed\xf3\xd9\xeez\xac<\x1b\x100\xbew\xed') Warning: failed to add block - (944279074, 'h\xec/\x1fY\xd3\xeb\x8a>\xe7\x1d\x92\x99\xd5Z\xf4') Warning: failed to add block - (-797757034, '\xd4?j\xb7[\xf0\x92\x99<\x0b\xd4w7P\x027') Warning: failed to add block - (140651185, "\xc2\xe4\xc6\x90\x87\x88'u\x0eY\x99'3\x90(6")
So, not even the repair.exe works as it should. |

Solinuas
Beyond Evil and Good
87
|
Posted - 2012.03.14 09:14:00 -
[52] - Quote
Contrary to what most people say, the launcher actually gives me better multi-client functionality. As i frequently open and close various clients. having the launcher ready to launch from in the background is nice, especially considering for some reason a copy of eve launched from the launcher starts several seconds faster than one from my shortcut (no clue why) |

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
3434
|
Posted - 2012.03.15 16:42:00 -
[53] - Quote
Taipion wrote:Nova Fox wrote:I'll state it here once again.
This is a step fowards.
A step backwards would be having a game client that doesnt know there is a patch avilable, tells you that the server is available and will not connect and will do this when the next patch to fix your client isnt even available and a full client install took them a week to compile.
You have no idea how much more of a PITA eve client used to be.
as other people put it,
Launch done patching.
Instead of
launch oh there's a patch, tell okay to patch. close eve. patch eve. restart eve. having to forcefully restart eve becuase its wrong pathname from watch patcher assumes. Oh theres another patch repeat until caught up with all hot fixes. You Sir, are a absolutely A-level-idiot, or troll, your choice. - the client was "aware" of available patches before (old, build in, launcher) - it is no way faster, but slower in the process with the new launcher - you have appearantly no clue of how such things work Oh, and even when "start only when patch is available" is checked, the launcher is "started" first, though not visible, but you still get an error if you try to launch more than one instance without waiting a few seconds! I still need a hack/workaround to start the client without calling the launcher first, PLEAS HELP!
Actually once upon a time the splash screen had no ability to patch. Repair tool didnt exist either. But you didnt live though that.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 :: [one page] |