| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Spectre3353
The Python Cartel
|
Posted - 2008.06.24 19:38:00 -
[1]
This is specifically from the point of view of a new-ish player who flies small blaster ships like the Incursus and Taranis. I almost always use Faction Antimatter due to the fact it does virtually the same damage as Void S but due to the fact that Void is about 1/8th the price, I gave it a shot a few times recently. The instant I put the Void into my blasters I suddenly could NOT hit targets while orbiting them at my usual 500m-1000m blaster range. 50% less tracking, 50% less falloff and 25% more energy to fire your weapons seems like a very severe penalty and in my experience makes the ammo almost useless.
Does anyone actually use Void for their blaster ships? How do you make it work without the penalties gimping you severely? Do I just need to get lvl V in my falloff and tracking gunnery skills and fly ships with tracking bonuses with those ship skills at lvl V as well? ----- http://evenewb.blogspot.com/
|

Trojanman190
D00M.
|
Posted - 2008.06.24 19:41:00 -
[2]
Edited by: Trojanman190 on 24/06/2008 19:41:49 In days long gone... back when I was about to start using t2 ammo, ammos like void were the only way to go. Void megas pumping out over 1400 dps... then there was a huge t2 ammo nerf. Long range t2 ammos for rails and such got their range nerfed. Short range hard hitting ammos got their damage nerfed.
However, to counter act this they did change a lot of stupid things. For example, I believe that Hail actually lowered the speed of your ship if you used it. Now nobody uses hail now because it still sucks, but before putting it in was good for a laugh because your ship would behave like it was perma webbed. From fitting an ammo. So they nerfed our laughs I guess.
|

Bronson Hughes
The. Conspiracy
|
Posted - 2008.06.24 19:43:00 -
[3]
Short range T2 gun ammo is designed to give you a damage boost against targets larger than you are, hence the tracking, falloff, and/or cap penalties you'll see with them. They are pretyt much useless against targets your size or smaller.
With the advent of faction ammo, short range T2 gun ammo is even useless against even bigger targets because faction ammo will do similar damage without the performance hits.
Long range T2 gun ammo is a different story as no faction ammo can match its range performance, even with the tracking hit. A long as you use it wisely (i.e. not when there's a T1/faction ammo available that will do the job), long range T2 gun ammo is fine to use. -------------------- "I am hard pressed on my right; my centre is giving way; situation excellent; I am attacking." - Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne |

Alowishus
LEGION OF DEATHADDERS
|
Posted - 2008.06.24 19:44:00 -
[4]
Only some of them have uses. Conflagration, Barrage, Aurora, Tremor and Spike. Rest should be replaced with Faction Ammo in most situations. It stinks, really.
|

Grimpak
The Republican 1st Strike Force
|
Posted - 2008.06.24 19:46:00 -
[5]
Originally by: Alowishus Only some of them have uses. Conflagration, Barrage, Aurora, Tremor and Spike. Rest should be replaced with Faction Ammo in most situations. It stinks, really.
scorch is rather useful aswell, and don't forget null, but yeah, the rest sucks ---
Quote: The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.
ain't that right. |

Selia Rain
|
Posted - 2008.06.24 19:51:00 -
[6]
Not to mention precision heavies and lights, Jav HAMS(a personal favorite) and torps are all extremely useful, as they offer advantages that you simply cannot get from faction.
Rage and Fury, Void, Hail and conflag all work well in certain situations(anti capital, really), where the added dps is worth the penalties.
Hail is even kinda nice now that they removed the velocity penalty.
|

easei
AnTi. Atrocitas
|
Posted - 2008.06.24 19:55:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Trojanman190
Now nobody uses hail now because it still sucks
Ummm hail ammo does not suck. It's less common to see it in vagabonds although I'll still carry 1k units with me. Battleships should find it very useful because the 2 highest damage minmatar ammos are EMP and plasma (thermal) If you need to do all out DPS on armor tanks you load hail. Trust me it does lots of damage.
|

Bronson Hughes
The. Conspiracy
|
Posted - 2008.06.24 19:56:00 -
[8]
Originally by: Grimpak and don't forget null
I am a huge fan of Null. Neutron Blaster Cannon II + Null L + Rokh = decent blaster DPS out to max (non-faction, non-overheated) scram range. -------------------- "I am hard pressed on my right; my centre is giving way; situation excellent; I am attacking." - Ferdinand Foch at the Battle of the Marne |

Trojanman190
D00M.
|
Posted - 2008.06.24 20:01:00 -
[9]
Edited by: Trojanman190 on 24/06/2008 20:03:21 Edited by: Trojanman190 on 24/06/2008 20:03:03
Originally by: easei
Originally by: Trojanman190
Now nobody uses hail now because it still sucks
Ummm hail ammo does not suck. It's less common to see it in vagabonds although I'll still carry 1k units with me. Battleships should find it very useful because the 2 highest damage minmatar ammos are EMP and plasma (thermal) If you need to do all out DPS on armor tanks you load hail. Trust me it does lots of damage.
You are correct, it is the highest dps. But if you have any need of your capacitor for anything else.... tanking... remote repping... mwding... hail is awful do to the hit you take on your capacitor. It has a situation where it does not 'suck' as I put it but that situation is not common enough for me to consider dropping cap boosters or other ammo types to make space for hail.
|

Mialla
|
Posted - 2008.06.24 20:21:00 -
[10]
Originally by: Bronson Hughes
Originally by: Grimpak and don't forget null
I am a huge fan of Null. Neutron Blaster Cannon II + Null L + Rokh = decent blaster DPS out to max (non-faction, non-overheated) scram range.
i fail to see the useage of the range on the rokh. as it will be outrunned anyway :D jeez that ship looks like a flying brick (still i love it looks) and acts like it to. half you cap is gone to get up to max speed if not more.
and for the record yes i fly a heavy neutron blaster rokh. and i use the lovely cheap faction am :P
|

DubanFP
Four Rings Souls of Vengeance
|
Posted - 2008.06.24 20:51:00 -
[11]
Originally by: Trojanman190 Edited by: Trojanman190 on 24/06/2008 19:41:49 In days long gone... back when I was about to start using t2 ammo, ammos like void were the only way to go. Void megas pumping out over 1400 dps... then there was a huge t2 ammo nerf. Long range t2 ammos for rails and such got their range nerfed. Short range hard hitting ammos got their damage nerfed.
However, to counter act this they did change a lot of stupid things. For example, I believe that Hail actually lowered the speed of your ship if you used it. Now nobody uses hail now because it still sucks, but before putting it in was good for a laugh because your ship would behave like it was perma webbed. From fitting an ammo. So they nerfed our laughs I guess.
Even after the nerf they could be somewhat useful. It's the fact that they put Faction amo into the market and made them much more accessable that put the final nail in the T2's coffin. _______________
ReiAyanami> We bring you tidings of AARRRRRRRRR |

James Lyrus
Lyrus Associates The Star Fraction
|
Posted - 2008.06.24 21:19:00 -
[12]
Edited by: James Lyrus on 24/06/2008 21:20:02
Originally by: Alowishus Only some of them have uses. Conflagration, Barrage, Aurora, Tremor and Spike. Rest should be replaced with Faction Ammo in most situations. It stinks, really.
Basically, the long range ammo, of both short and long range gun varieties are useful - because they add a capability, and do quite a lot of damage at the same time. Spike for example, does the same damage as Lead, but with an 80% range bonus. It might actually be overpowered as a result, but the 'veterans' get comfy with their privilege so ... whatever.
The short range ammo on the other hand, has penalties (where faction doesn't). Does very similar additional damage. And has massively shorter range, and increased cap use too.
When one is PvPing, the relative price of ammo is a non-issue - you don't actually use all that much of it, and it's not something that's worth skimping on.
That's true of most of the turret ammo.
Missile ammo is similar Rage and Fury ammo is severely substandard. Javelin is ok - it has an niche. Precision is ok for light and cruise missiles, but heavy missiles it just doesn't give enough additional explosion velocity to matter. -- Crane needs more grid 249km locking? |

AstroPhobic
|
Posted - 2008.06.24 21:30:00 -
[13]
General rule of thumb:
Long range (Barrage, Tremor, Null, etc) ammo is good/useful. Short range (Hail, Quake, Void, etc) isn't so much, and some just downright suck.
|

Hannobaal
Federal Defence Union
|
Posted - 2008.06.24 22:13:00 -
[14]
Hail is useful because while EMP has less base damage than the highest damage tech 1 ammo for other gun systems, Hail is the same as other high damage tech 2 ammo. So you actually get a nice dps boost from using Hail over faction EMP.
|

Hannobaal
Federal Defence Union
|
Posted - 2008.06.24 22:16:00 -
[15]
Originally by: James Lyrus Spike for example, does the same damage as Lead, but with an 80% range bonus. It might actually be overpowered as a result, but the 'veterans' get comfy with their privilege so ... whatever.
I'd say the 75% tracking speed penalty does more than enough to balance things.
|

AstroPhobic
|
Posted - 2008.06.24 23:21:00 -
[16]
Originally by: Hannobaal Hail is useful because while EMP has less base damage than the highest damage tech 1 ammo for other gun systems, Hail is the same as other high damage tech 2 ammo. So you actually get a nice dps boost from using Hail over faction EMP.
Right, however if you come into a situation where you can use hail, you pretty much already went balls up. It doesn't have enough oompf(and too many negative bonuses) to compete with other weapon systems at the range it provides.
|

Corduroy Rab
Xenocidal Uprising
|
Posted - 2008.06.24 23:50:00 -
[17]
Edited by: Corduroy Rab on 24/06/2008 23:50:06 Null + Taranis = Sex
But for void, yeah it almost never it worthwhile to use.
edit: forgot an "e"
|

Khandara Seraphim
StarHunt Fallout Project
|
Posted - 2008.06.25 00:06:00 -
[18]
I dont think I ever use anything other than scorch in T2 lasers. The range boost is simply too awesome to pass up.
If I'm engaged with something that I know isn't going anywhere for whatever reason I might switch to Amarr Navy multis but I have yet to find a time that conflags would be worth it.
|

Terianna Eri
Scrutari
|
Posted - 2008.06.25 00:33:00 -
[19]
Originally by: Khandara Seraphim I dont think I ever use anything other than scorch in T2 lasers. The range boost is simply too awesome to pass up.
If I'm engaged with something that I know isn't going anywhere for whatever reason I might switch to Amarr Navy multis but I have yet to find a time that conflags would be worth it.
Really you don't need anything except scorch and AN MF, but I carry conflag because it's cheap, deals slightly better damage, and because I can spare the 5 or 7 or 8 extra cubic meters.
Scorch is so awesome though  __________________________________
|

Gypsio III
Bambooule
|
Posted - 2008.06.25 00:54:00 -
[20]
Jav HAMs are popular because of the super range. But I actually find myself using Rage HAMs far more frequently than Jav. Rage is cheaper and does more damage then faction against other BCs and BS, and the cap recharge penalty is inconsequential on a buffer Drake operating in web range.
|

Lyria Skydancer
Eve Defence Force
|
Posted - 2008.06.25 01:08:00 -
[21]
yes, 3/4 of T2 ammo for each race/type of weapon sucks. 1/4 of T2 ammo is extremely good. They really need to fix this. ----------------------------------------- [Video] I'm a soldier, so remember the name |

Andre Marconius
House Of Troy
|
Posted - 2008.06.25 02:01:00 -
[22]
I am using Void S, find it works quite well, hits most of the time with my skills and implants (3% tracking implant + motion prediction lvl 4). Still prefer Null though, that extra bit of range is useful.
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |