| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

DeathToKittens
Minmatar Eve's Brothers of Destiny FOUNDATI0N
|
Posted - 2008.08.20 19:56:00 -
[1]
I have recently acquired my self a sleipnir. I was originally planning on using it as a Vagabond on steroids, but now with the impending speed nerf I wonder if that's a good idea. I am now considering an active tank and damage mods.
How is the speed nerf going to effect the sleipnir? What do you fit on your sleipnir? |

AstroPhobic
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2008.08.20 19:58:00 -
[2]
Sell it, buy a hurricane. |

Maeltstome
Minmatar Suicidal Office Clerks
|
Posted - 2008.08.20 21:11:00 -
[3]
Or tank the shit out of it and melt people with 7 double damage bonused guns and 3 gyro's.
P.S.
Post nerf it will still be fast and will still solo a cane. |

Guillame Herschel
Gallente Buffalo Soldiers
|
Posted - 2008.08.20 21:46:00 -
[4]
Originally by: DeathToKittens How is the speed nerf going to effect the sleipnir? What do you fit on your sleipnir?
425 II's, Rapid Deployment gang link MWD, disruptor, buffer tank DCU II, 3x Gyro II, TE II Falloff rigs
Sometimes I'll fit 2x Local Hull Istabs instead of 2 Gyros, so I can align and warp as fast as a HAC.
I don't suppose it will change much if the speed nerf goes to TQ, since every ship will become slower by the same proportion, not just the Sleip.
|

Spaztick
Canadian Imperial Armaments EVESpace
|
Posted - 2008.08.20 22:49:00 -
[5]
I would fly it the same way I would fly it before patch: a tanked FC ship in a gang. |

Lorz0r
You're Doing It Wrong
|
Posted - 2008.08.20 22:55:00 -
[6]
Edited by: Lorz0r on 20/08/2008 23:01:46
Originally by: Guillame Herschel
Originally by: DeathToKittens How is the speed nerf going to effect the sleipnir? What do you fit on your sleipnir?
425 II's, Rapid Deployment gang link MWD, disruptor, buffer tank DCU II, 3x Gyro II, TE II Falloff rigs
Sometimes I'll fit 2x Local Hull Istabs instead of 2 Gyros, so I can align and warp as fast as a HAC.
I don't suppose it will change much if the speed nerf goes to TQ, since every ship will become slower by the same proportion, not just the Sleip.
Fly a Hurricane.
Such a bad sleipnir fit. |

Vaal Erit
Science and Trade Institute
|
Posted - 2008.08.20 23:09:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Maeltstome Or tank the shit out of it and melt people with 7 double damage bonused guns and 3 gyro's.
P.S.
Post nerf it will still be fast and will still solo a cane.
This. Don't listen to the "Buy a cane" noobs. |

AstroPhobic
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2008.08.20 23:31:00 -
[8]
Originally by: Maeltstome Or tank the shit out of it and melt people with 7 double damage bonused guns and 3 gyro's.
P.S.
Post nerf it will still be fast and will still solo a cane.
I'd love to see a tank-the-shit-out-of-sleipnir last. It's completely cap booster heavy and DPS is nothing amazing. It's a 200mil isk sink.
P.S.
The tempest has 6 double damage bonused guns, look how awesome it is. |

Guillame Herschel
Gallente Buffalo Soldiers
|
Posted - 2008.08.20 23:32:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Lorz0r Such a bad sleipnir fit.
And your mother dresses you funny. |

Vaal Erit
Science and Trade Institute
|
Posted - 2008.08.20 23:45:00 -
[10]
Edited by: Vaal Erit on 20/08/2008 23:45:44 No one is saying the Sleipnir can wtfbbq two neuting Domis, AstroPhobic.
Tanked sleip is a good ship and is not being changed at all with the speed changes. And it is more like 120M, not 200M.
Fitting a hurricane for gank is fine, but if anything shoots at it, you die like a sack of shit. Sleip can tank and still pull off some type of tank under energy warfare due to the injector. Great range, lots of drones, it is not just a 200M hurricane and thinking like that shows how much of a noob you are. |

Derek Sigres
|
Posted - 2008.08.20 23:49:00 -
[11]
Originally by: Maeltstome Or tank the shit out of it and melt people with 7 double damage bonused guns and 3 gyro's.
P.S.
Post nerf it will still be fast and will still solo a cane.
The day a tech two ship cannot solo it's T1 counterpart is the day you can truly declare all is lost. |

AstroPhobic
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2008.08.20 23:52:00 -
[12]
How much of a noob I am?
Do you realize the state of the force command ships? They're cool painted T2 BCs with slightly better tanks. The only one that was worth a damn as a general combat ship was sleipnir, and that was only because it can be nanod.
If you have a couple of t2 BPOs cranking out daily, or sell GTCs, go for it. Most of us don't play like that and actually have to consider ship efficiency, where command ships fail dearly. Why, especially post-nerf, should I take a sleipnir out instead of a typhoon? A gang link? That's for claymores. All it takes is a clue and a little bit of DPS and your ship pops like a fat kid stomping on a balloon.
It's like suggesting that you should fly a navy thron over a thron because it offers xyz slightly better benefit. That's great. The navy thron will outpreform the thron in every situation. |

Cpt Branko
Surge. NIght's Dawn
|
Posted - 2008.08.21 00:01:00 -
[13]
Originally by: Maeltstome Or tank the shit out of it and melt people with 7 double damage bonused guns and 3 gyro's.
P.S.
Post nerf it will still be fast and will still solo a cane.
It only outdamages the Hurricane At Command Ships V.
And it costs, what, 15 times more to lose it? It damn better solo a Hurricane. It's not worth it financially though.
|

Lorz0r
You're Doing It Wrong
|
Posted - 2008.08.21 00:02:00 -
[14]
Originally by: Guillame Herschel
Originally by: Lorz0r Such a bad sleipnir fit.
And your mother dresses you funny.
Maybe but I'm gonna give you reasons why.
Never EVER fit 425mm's on a Sleip, they are just too hard to fit and are not worth the DPS increase. It's like an extra 30-40 DPS in trade of tracking and they are a nightmare to fit with a good tank.
That sleip would die so fast it's not even funny. You simply CANNOT buffer tank a ship with 5 meds and a bonus to a shield booster. That setup does just about everything badly. You have good DPS but you have the worst tank at BC level I have ever seen, you're slow, you have worse tracking than 220mm's even with the and because you wanted to fit them you can't fit an active tank.
Highs 7x220mm Auto 2's
Meds XL SB2 Invuln2 WD2 10MN MWD2 Med electromchem
Lows OD2 Nano2 2 Gyro 2's 1 DCU2 (change this for a 3rd Gyro if you want more gank)
Rigs Polycarb Kinetic shield resist
Requires AWU4 and a 1% CPU implant. Has a top speed (currently) at about 2100 and 650-700 DPS with a good active tank which is heavily reliant on cap. |

Lorz0r
You're Doing It Wrong
|
Posted - 2008.08.21 00:05:00 -
[15]
Originally by: Cpt Branko
Originally by: Maeltstome Or tank the shit out of it and melt people with 7 double damage bonused guns and 3 gyro's.
P.S.
Post nerf it will still be fast and will still solo a cane.
It only outdamages the Hurricane At Command Ships V.
And it costs, what, 15 times more to lose it? It damn better solo a Hurricane. It's not worth it financially though.
I hate it when people say this, it just makes you look stupid. AT 3KM THE HURRICANE OUTDAMAGES A SLEIPNIR. Grats, no one fights at that range. Just calculate that 50% Falloff bonus the Sleip gets then see who does more DPS at real ranges. |

Cpt Branko
Surge. NIght's Dawn
|
Posted - 2008.08.21 00:09:00 -
[16]
Edited by: Cpt Branko on 21/08/2008 00:10:58 Edited by: Cpt Branko on 21/08/2008 00:10:20 Edited by: Cpt Branko on 21/08/2008 00:09:28
Originally by: Lorz0r
I hate it when people say this, it just makes you look stupid. AT 3KM THE HURRICANE OUTDAMAGES A SLEIPNIR. Grats, no one fights at that range
Well, I generally try to.
The falloff difference isn't very big anyway. Unless you trimark the Hurricane instead of falloff rigging. Trimarking it isn't worth it anyway, and with falloff rigs at 3m/pop, it's preety damn easy (and cheap) to reach the Sleipnir's range.
Imo, none of the field commands are worth it.
|

Guillame Herschel
Gallente Buffalo Soldiers
|
Posted - 2008.08.21 00:12:00 -
[17]
Originally by: Lorz0r You simply CANNOT buffer tank a ship with 5 meds and a bonus to a shield booster.
And you CANNOT fit a Dominix without guns, it has a gun bonus and 6 turret hardpoints. 
Quote: (gob-smack standard booster fit, requiring CPU implant, as usual)
Duh. There are more interesting fits available if your implant inventory goes beyond 1% CPU implants.
|

Cpt Branko
Surge. NIght's Dawn
|
Posted - 2008.08.21 00:13:00 -
[18]
Edited by: Cpt Branko on 21/08/2008 00:14:41
Originally by: Guillame Herschel
Originally by: Lorz0r You simply CANNOT buffer tank a ship with 5 meds and a bonus to a shield booster.
And you CANNOT fit a Dominix without guns, it has a gun bonus and 6 turret hardpoints. 
Unlike the neut/whatever dominix, the Sleipnir in a buffer-tank fit is pure fail.
Well, unless you nano it, and thats not going to work anymore.
|

Guillame Herschel
Gallente Buffalo Soldiers
|
Posted - 2008.08.21 00:15:00 -
[19]
Originally by: Cpt Branko Unlike the neut/whatever dominix, the Sleipnir in a buffer-tank fit is pure fail.
Against what targets? ALL of them? C'mon... |

Lorz0r
You're Doing It Wrong
|
Posted - 2008.08.21 00:18:00 -
[20]
Originally by: Guillame Herschel
Originally by: Lorz0r You simply CANNOT buffer tank a ship with 5 meds and a bonus to a shield booster.
And you CANNOT fit a Dominix without guns, it has a gun bonus and 6 turret hardpoints. 
Quote: (gob-smack standard booster fit, requiring CPU implant, as usual)
Duh. There are more interesting fits available if your implant inventory goes beyond 1% CPU implants.
I made that setup myself, I don't know if its a popular one or not. 1v1 My sleip would murder yours and you know it. You would be in your pod and I would still have boosters left over. If you're using your setup to be different then I guess youll learn the hard way.
FACT: You have about 50 more DPS than me and about 6-7k more falloff. Your tank is nothing short of pathetic and you're about 500m/s slower than me. Bet you're glad you fit them falloff rigs now. |

Cpt Branko
Surge. NIght's Dawn
|
Posted - 2008.08.21 00:18:00 -
[21]
Edited by: Cpt Branko on 21/08/2008 00:21:40 Edited by: Cpt Branko on 21/08/2008 00:19:08
Originally by: Guillame Herschel
Originally by: Cpt Branko Unlike the neut/whatever dominix, the Sleipnir in a buffer-tank fit is pure fail.
Against what targets? ALL of them? C'mon...
Well, yeah, it preforms worse then the active tanked one in nearly all situations (aside from heavy neuting)... a command ship with what, 75K effective HP when fitting MWD+disruptor (and extender rigs, not falloff rigs - you've got 62K eff HP with falloff rigs. Really do yourself a favour and buy a cane.)?
If you're going to buffer tank it, nano it. Which won't work post-patch...
|

Lorz0r
You're Doing It Wrong
|
Posted - 2008.08.21 00:22:00 -
[22]
Originally by: Cpt Branko Edited by: Cpt Branko on 21/08/2008 00:10:58 Edited by: Cpt Branko on 21/08/2008 00:10:20 Edited by: Cpt Branko on 21/08/2008 00:09:28
Originally by: Lorz0r
I hate it when people say this, it just makes you look stupid. AT 3KM THE HURRICANE OUTDAMAGES A SLEIPNIR. Grats, no one fights at that range
Well, I generally try to.
The falloff difference isn't very big anyway. Unless you trimark the Hurricane instead of falloff rigging. Trimarking it isn't worth it anyway, and with falloff rigs at 3m/pop, it's preety damn easy (and cheap) to reach the Sleipnir's range.
Imo, none of the field commands are worth it.
Well I think you're right in that the Field commands aren't worth it but the Sleipnir is hands down better than the Hurricane in every way. |

Guillame Herschel
Gallente Buffalo Soldiers
|
Posted - 2008.08.21 00:25:00 -
[23]
Originally by: Lorz0r I made that setup myself, I don't know if its a popular one or not.
It's exactly the same fit everyone arrives at when they try to take advantage of the booster bonus.
Quote: 1v1 My sleip would murder yours and you know it.
Maybe it would. How many times do you get in a 1v1 Sleip fight on TQ?
Quote: FACT: You have about 50 more DPS than me and about 6-7k more falloff. Your tank is nothing short of pathetic and you're about 500m/s slower than me.
No, I have a skirmish mindlink, other speed implants, and am the fleet booster. I go faster. You die because you thought I was gonna 1v1. :)
|

EFT Warrior
|
Posted - 2008.08.21 00:27:00 -
[24]
Falcons are cheaper anyway. |

Lorz0r
You're Doing It Wrong
|
Posted - 2008.08.21 00:36:00 -
[25]
Originally by: Guillame Herschel
Originally by: Lorz0r I made that setup myself, I don't know if its a popular one or not.
It's exactly the same fit everyone arrives at when they try to take advantage of the booster bonus.
Quote: 1v1 My sleip would murder yours and you know it.
Maybe it would. How many times do you get in a 1v1 Sleip fight on TQ?
Quote: FACT: You have about 50 more DPS than me and about 6-7k more falloff. Your tank is nothing short of pathetic and you're about 500m/s slower than me.
No, I have a skirmish mindlink, other speed implants, and am the fleet booster. I go faster. You die because you thought I was gonna 1v1. :)
TRY to take advantage? It's the same as a faction Boost amp. Why WOULDNT you take advantage of it when it has only 5 mid slots?
1v1. 1vANYTHING I would do better than your setup.
Sorry you don't go faster. Oh wow you have a skirmish Mindlink, I'll just drop the DCU for a CPU2 and fit one as well. Actually no I won't because I would fit it to my Hurricane and still kill your Sleipnir with it. |

AstroPhobic
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2008.08.21 00:38:00 -
[26]
Less theoryfighting, more fix CS posts please thanks. |

Cpt Branko
Surge.
|
Posted - 2008.08.21 03:44:00 -
[27]
Originally by: Lorz0r
Well I think you're right in that the Field commands aren't worth it but the Sleipnir is hands down better than the Hurricane in every way.
True, it's just not cost-effective.
Although, I'm quite certain I could gank that silly buffer setup with a cane  |

AnKahn
Caldari Perkone
|
Posted - 2008.08.21 04:01:00 -
[28]
The Domi has a gun bonus? |

6Bagheera9
Slacker Industries
|
Posted - 2008.08.21 04:04:00 -
[29]
Please don't buffer tank a Sleipnir, it will work so much better with an active tank and a cap injector. Also don't try to fit a webb and/or disruptor; you need the mids for your tank and its better to have a friend ceptor tackle for you. |

BiggestT
Caldari Space Oddysey Pupule 'Ohana
|
Posted - 2008.08.21 05:37:00 -
[30]
Originally by: AstroPhobic How much of a noob I am?
Do you realize the state of the force command ships? They're cool painted T2 BCs with slightly better tanks. The only one that was worth a damn as a general combat ship was sleipnir, and that was only because it can be nanod.
If you have a couple of t2 BPOs cranking out daily, or sell GTCs, go for it. Most of us don't play like that and actually have to consider ship efficiency, where command ships fail dearly. Why, especially post-nerf, should I take a sleipnir out instead of a typhoon? A gang link? That's for claymores. All it takes is a clue and a little bit of DPS and your ship pops like a fat kid stomping on a balloon.
It's like suggesting that you should fly a navy thron over a thron because it offers xyz slightly better benefit. That's great. The navy thron will outpreform the thron in every situation.
The ppl who fly cs's in pvp are either noobs with too much isk, or hardcore pvpers who dont care how much isk they had to spend extra, they just like more performance |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |