| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

FireT
|
Posted - 2008.09.08 02:18:00 -
[1]
I am just curious if it is actually physically possible to go toe to toe with Concord. And I don't just mean shooting at them and then getting blown up. But seriously, what ship can actually survive a battle against Concord?
|

Liang Nuren
Perkone
|
Posted - 2008.09.08 02:20:00 -
[2]
This ship: And this one:
-Liang --
|

Kasutra
Gallente
|
Posted - 2008.09.08 02:24:00 -
[3]
Sorry, but CONCORD always wins. =/
|

Atsuko Ratu
Caldari VSP Corp.
|
Posted - 2008.09.08 02:31:00 -
[4]
Originally by: Liang Nuren This ship: And this one:
-Liang
Your avatar does not fool me Liang; you're a man!
|

AstroPhobic
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2008.09.08 02:32:00 -
[5]
You need a shield bonused ship (claymore, maelstrom, golem, vargur). You need a pith x-type XL booster and some decent deadspace invuls, and a shitload of cap boosters.
That's not even the tough part.
You need lots of smartbombing friends. While concord is busy shooting you, they will ignore your friends. It takes at least 10 smartbombing battleships, but you can take out one of those concord frigates. It's SO worth it. Concord is rumored to use confiscated officer modules and will drop them upon destruction.
|

Liang Nuren
Perkone
|
Posted - 2008.09.08 02:52:00 -
[6]
Originally by: Atsuko Ratu
Originally by: Liang Nuren This ship: And this one:
-Liang
Your avatar does not fool me Liang; you're a man!
Congratulations. ;-)
-Liang --
|

Fifi LeFume
No Trademark Obsidian Empire
|
Posted - 2008.09.08 03:10:00 -
[7]
Originally by: AstroPhobic . Concord is rumored to use confiscated officer modules and will drop them upon destruction.
*squinty eyes* I see what you did there
|

Derek Sigres
|
Posted - 2008.09.08 03:53:00 -
[8]
It's actually interesting to think about. Is it possible to assemble a fleet that can in fact defeat concord? As far as I know there are simply an unlimited number of them but it stands to reason if it's possible then one simply needs to assemble a mighty fleet to attempt it.
And let's face it - acording to the in game stuff there are concord modules that are utterly badass that I've also never seen or heard of in actuality. Perhaps concord DOES drop modules when they die. If you can convince enough people to try, jump on SiSi to see if it's possible to actually get kills in the concord fleet. A few dozen people ought to be enough to see if it's simply possible. If it's possible to kill them AND they drop concord gear, why NOT try it in the real game? At least it'd make a newspost.
|

Arvald
Caldari Ninjas N Pirates Pirate Coalition
|
Posted - 2008.09.08 03:55:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Kasutra Sorry, but CONCORD always wins. =/
and if they dont you get permabaned
|

NoNah
|
Posted - 2008.09.08 03:56:00 -
[10]
It has been done, at the very least twice. Once by a group of apocs and ravens(at this time battleships were rare), you can find a video showing how they did it aswell. And once they were not killed iirc, however tanked for some 30-45 minutes - by Chribba in his Veldnaught.
They bave been boosted since. Parrots, commence!
Postcount: 215193
|

SoftRevolution
|
Posted - 2008.09.08 04:33:00 -
[11]
...breaking rocks in the hot sun...
EVE RELATED CONTENT |

Durzel
Caldari
|
Posted - 2008.09.08 06:23:00 -
[12]
Edited by: Durzel on 08/09/2008 06:24:42
Originally by: Derek Sigres It's actually interesting to think about. Is it possible to assemble a fleet that can in fact defeat concord? As far as I know there are simply an unlimited number of them but it stands to reason if it's possible then one simply needs to assemble a mighty fleet to attempt it.
CONCORD spawn more reinforcements for every ship that is aggressed or has a GCC so it's simply not possible - the more ships involved in trying to tank them the more they'll spawn, and each and every target will be insta-neuted, jammed and scrammed so the usual rules of "tank gets all aggro with logistics repping" don't apply as they do in L5 missions.
That said I guess you could probably one-shot a frigate or volley a cruiser in a suitably setup Apoc sniper ship if they are already on grid (don't know CONCORDs range on neuting, etc)
|

Evanade
Rionnag Alba Triumvirate.
|
Posted - 2008.09.08 07:21:00 -
[13]
Long long time ago when remote repping wasnt aggro, you could  --------------------------- sok alt - main got banzored |

Mr Friendly
That it Should Come to This
|
Posted - 2008.09.08 07:40:00 -
[14]
Good old mOo... let's blame them for abusing Concord's limitations enough that CCP felt they had to massively buff Concord.
It's amusing a vicious pirate corp caused one of the biggest steps towards CarebearOnline Eve's ever likely to see.
Oops.
|

Benco97
Gallente The Star League
|
Posted - 2008.09.08 08:21:00 -
[15]
Yeah, Concord used to exist within the realms of normalcy, now they are all tiny gods thanks to m0o
Originally by: P'uck
You're a DUMBASS - bold italic underline at the VERY LEAST.

|

Burn Mac
Minmatar Burning Steel Inc.
|
Posted - 2008.09.08 08:44:00 -
[16]
i fought Concorde in a pod it was a draw.
|

Durzel
Caldari
|
Posted - 2008.09.08 10:18:00 -
[17]
Best I've managed is constantly warping around Jita with a GCC, not sticking around long enough for them to turn up at my warp exit point. I would presume that doing this constantly for 15 mins to avoid Concordokken would be deemed an exploit, but since it would be impossible to do it in anything bigger than a frigate I'm not sure it's a big concern. I only managed about 7 warps before I misclicked and got vaporised 
|

Miyamoto Uroki
Caldari KuhSchubsKlan
|
Posted - 2008.09.08 11:31:00 -
[18]
Originally by: Durzel Best I've managed is constantly warping around Jita with a GCC, not sticking around long enough for them to turn up at my warp exit point. I would presume that doing this constantly for 15 mins to avoid Concordokken would be deemed an exploit, but since it would be impossible to do it in anything bigger than a frigate I'm not sure it's a big concern. I only managed about 7 warps before I misclicked and got vaporised 
Yeah. Anybody remember the bug where you created a bookmark which lay way outside the eve universe (seemed like at least^^). You always had the next bookmark straight in a line and could warp forever. That was fun..
Originally by: Puupuu dude... your face
|

Evanade
Rionnag Alba Triumvirate.
|
Posted - 2008.09.08 12:21:00 -
[19]
Originally by: Durzel Best I've managed is constantly warping around Jita with a GCC, not sticking around long enough for them to turn up at my warp exit point. I would presume that doing this constantly for 15 mins to avoid Concordokken would be deemed an exploit, but since it would be impossible to do it in anything bigger than a frigate I'm not sure it's a big concern. I only managed about 7 warps before I misclicked and got vaporised 
That would be quite amazing if you could do that for 15 minutes. Given an interceptor fitted for agility, is there enough time to do a full 180 before they spawn? --------------------------- sok alt - main got banzored |

Taipan Leviathan
The Maverick Navy Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate
|
Posted - 2008.09.08 15:14:00 -
[20]
There is a movie on youtube of a carrier killing 1 concord frigate.
Go look it up yourself im to lazy to link.
|

Trevor Warps
|
Posted - 2008.09.08 15:30:00 -
[21]
Titans are immune to EW, use one to pwn Concord. Dont forget the cap boost in mids to fight their Neuts.
|

Dalek Commander
|
Posted - 2008.09.08 15:50:00 -
[22]
Originally by: Trevor Warps Titans are immune to EW, use one to pwn Concord. Dont forget the cap boost in mids to fight their Neuts.
Except for the nagging problem of no Titans in high sec. At best there is a Dread or two left over from back in the day, but no Titans.
|

Luke Rygel
Amarr Rygel Industries
|
Posted - 2008.09.08 16:50:00 -
[23]
Originally by: Dalek Commander
Originally by: Trevor Warps Titans are immune to EW, use one to pwn Concord. Dont forget the cap boost in mids to fight their Neuts.
Except for the nagging problem of no Titans in high sec. At best there is a Dread or two left over from back in the day, but no Titans.
And that's why they aren't allowed in Highsec ----------------------------------------------
Taking something from one person is called stealing, taking everything from everybody is called government. |

InsanlyEvlPerson
Gallente Night-Stalkers
|
Posted - 2008.09.08 16:55:00 -
[24]
Originally by: Luke Rygel
Originally by: Dalek Commander
Originally by: Trevor Warps Titans are immune to EW, use one to pwn Concord. Dont forget the cap boost in mids to fight their Neuts.
Except for the nagging problem of no Titans in high sec. At best there is a Dread or two left over from back in the day, but no Titans.
And that's why they aren't allowed in Highsec
i can only imagine what a 5 titan gank squad could do in hisec....
|

Andrue
Amarr
|
Posted - 2008.09.08 17:27:00 -
[25]
Originally by: NoNah It has been done, at the very least twice. Once by a group of apocs and ravens(at this time battleships were rare), you can find a video showing how they did it aswell. And once they were not killed iirc, however tanked for some 30-45 minutes - by Chribba in his Veldnaught.
They bave been boosted since.
Huh? I doubt that because it's a bannable offense. Although it's a vaguely interesting discussion the bottom line is that you must lose your ship to Concord or else you lose it (and potentially access to your account) to the GMs. -- (Sarcastic mission running veteran, 4+ years)
[Brackley, UK]
My budgie can say "ploppy bottom". You have been warned. |

Trevor Warps
|
Posted - 2008.09.08 17:57:00 -
[26]
Originally by: Dalek Commander Except for the nagging problem of no Titans in high sec. At best there is a Dread or two left over from back in the day, but no Titans.
Just lure some Concords in low sec and pop em up.
|
|

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises Otherworld Empire
|
Posted - 2008.09.08 18:06:00 -
[27]
Originally by: Andrue
Originally by: NoNah It has been done, at the very least twice. Once by a group of apocs and ravens(at this time battleships were rare), you can find a video showing how they did it aswell. And once they were not killed iirc, however tanked for some 30-45 minutes - by Chribba in his Veldnaught.
They bave been boosted since.
Huh? I doubt that because it's a bannable offense. Although it's a vaguely interesting discussion the bottom line is that you must lose your ship to Concord or else you lose it (and potentially access to your account) to the GMs.
My tanking of Concord was on SiSi, and they did indeed get buffed some patches after, not likely due to my test-server tank tho.
Secure 3rd party service ■ Veldspar |
|

Dimitryy
|
Posted - 2008.09.08 19:51:00 -
[28]
Chribba! He DOES exist!
|

Durzel
Caldari
|
Posted - 2008.09.09 11:43:00 -
[29]
Originally by: Evanade
Originally by: Durzel Best I've managed is constantly warping around Jita with a GCC, not sticking around long enough for them to turn up at my warp exit point. I would presume that doing this constantly for 15 mins to avoid Concordokken would be deemed an exploit, but since it would be impossible to do it in anything bigger than a frigate I'm not sure it's a big concern. I only managed about 7 warps before I misclicked and got vaporised 
That would be quite amazing if you could do that for 15 minutes. Given an interceptor fitted for agility, is there enough time to do a full 180 before they spawn?
I'd say it was possible but it would require military precision to pull off. I did it in an Ibis and iirc I had about 5 or 6 seconds to align and warp after reaching the exit point before CONCORD were on top of me. Since I presume they would spawn wherever you come out (instead of following you in warp) you would have to keep warping to different bookmarks/objects.
What is interesting as an aside is the final jump I made I ended up in an asteroid field and there was someone already there who - when they saw I was flashy red - just locked and scrammed me, and when CONCORD had finished me off I ended up with a longer aggression timer on the guy who locked me than I did with CONCORD (by about a minute). So, in theory I could've got a PvP capable ship, waited out my GCC and gone back to say hello to him 
|

Gun Sniper
Amarr
|
Posted - 2008.09.09 15:11:00 -
[30]
get one mega fight to gang and 12 remot reping ships to kepp you alve
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |