| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Stormwind Bloodfeather
Minmatar Sogdian Traders Inc
|
Posted - 2008.09.17 20:30:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Stormwind Bloodfeather on 17/09/2008 20:35:36 WHAT are you idiots thinking? New missions involving killing families, best friends etc? Missions telling you to fit a MWD and go do an airshow in a deadspace area (where mwd don't work, duh?).
What one of you idiots thought these up? and why haven't you been fired yet? Which one of you QA people let this crap through? And why haven't YOU been fired for it?
example...
Mission name: A New Venture - Rough Market (5 part mission)
Agent wants to put up a PoS you do a courier part (to pick up books) here and then he asks you to steal a PoS from a family of farmers. Blow them up to get 8 units of tools (which never drop even though mission completes), then you have to go kill mercs harrassing the station and the station vanishes, agent says "mercs blew up station" (station simply vanishes it doesn't blow up), so then he has you go kill a mom and her son while on a pleasure cruise ship... i.e. blow up the entire ship and everyone in it.
You people are idiots for even letting a mission type like that through Q&A. Just what are you even thinking? Are you high? Psychotic? or just plain stupid?
Your new missions that I have seen so far are just plain idiotic, psychotic, morally bankrupt and something I would expect to see coming from a game that caters to 8 yr old serial killers.
If this is the direction your going to take the game, tell me now so I can delete my characters, cancel my accounts ( I have 4, drop in the bucket to you but 60 bucks a month less) and go fishing.
Sincerely Samuel Selby
*edit NO you can't have my stuff. In EVE, your only friend is your ship and it's weapons. All others are the enemy! |

Quayzen Oldumrak
|
Posted - 2008.09.17 20:38:00 -
[2]
Considering how many pvpers behave towards others... yes, I think your correct. CCP always has catered to those 8 year old 'future serial killers'. After all, isn't it CCP that insists eve is a pvp game? Accept it and work with what we are given, or move on.
|

Ghost hunter
Naqam
|
Posted - 2008.09.17 21:04:00 -
[3]
Sorry this isn't the fairy world where everything is crisp green and people flock through fields of eternal happiness?
Every ship you destroy in EVE is manned by people with the exception of capsuleer crewed Frigates. Blow up a battleship? Anywhere from 4000 to 7000 people just went down. Some may survive in escape pods, I'm not sure if that's valid though. ______
The Seven Events of the Apocalypse The fourth event is described by Macaper as ôthe appetite of nothing expands over the worldö; |

Merin Ryskin
Peregrine Industries
|
Posted - 2008.09.17 21:05:00 -
[4]
Awesome. Sounds like I might have to give missions another try, if they're finally introducing some interesting ones.
|

Stormwind Bloodfeather
Minmatar Sogdian Traders Inc
|
Posted - 2008.09.17 21:12:00 -
[5]
Originally by: Ghost hunter Sorry this isn't the fairy world where everything is crisp green and people flock through fields of eternal happiness?
Every ship you destroy in EVE is manned by people with the exception of capsuleer crewed Frigates. Blow up a battleship? Anywhere from 4000 to 7000 people just went down. Some may survive in escape pods, I'm not sure if that's valid though.
I have ran plenty of missions that didn't bother me in the slightest, but the way these new missions are worded, and explained are seriously psychotic and lacking in any morals at all. I don't expect green grass and birds singing (i'd probably shoot the birds because they were disturbing my quiet), but these new missions are so seriously morally bankrupt that they stand out even to me as poor quality psychotic crap that should never have made it through QA.
Sam In EVE, your only friend is your ship and it's weapons. All others are the enemy! |

Stormwind Bloodfeather
Minmatar Sogdian Traders Inc
|
Posted - 2008.09.17 21:15:00 -
[6]
Originally by: Merin Ryskin Awesome. Sounds like I might have to give missions another try, if they're finally introducing some interesting ones.
Save yourself the time, trust me, the missions themselves suck, the rewards suck, the detail in some are ok (great graphics) but content is so off anyone with half a brain cell that still held some moral reason, would say they suck.
CCP really screwed the pooch with these missions that I have seen so far.
I'm no whiney assed carebear, I have no problem tearing through missions, but these new ones.. wow they are REALLY ****ed up.
Sam In EVE, your only friend is your ship and it's weapons. All others are the enemy! |

Ghost hunter
Naqam
|
Posted - 2008.09.17 21:26:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Stormwind Bloodfeather Edited by: Stormwind Bloodfeather on 17/09/2008 21:16:30
Originally by: Ghost hunter Sorry this isn't the fairy world where everything is crisp green and people flock through fields of eternal happiness?
Every ship you destroy in EVE is manned by people with the exception of capsuleer crewed Frigates. Blow up a battleship? Anywhere from 4000 to 7000 people just went down. Some may survive in escape pods, I'm not sure if that's valid though.
I have ran plenty of missions and it didn't bother me in the slightest, but the way these new missions are worded, and explained are seriously psychotic and lacking in any morals at all. I don't expect green grass and birds singing (i'd probably shoot the birds because they were disturbing my quiet), but these new missions are so seriously morally bankrupt that they stand out even to me as poor quality psychotic crap that should never have made it through QA.
Sam
I can agree the missions may sound psychopathic, but considering the nature of the EVE universe this stuff is pretty timid. Unless they're going "RAW RAW EAT THEIR BABIES"* in the mission description, which I haven't read yet.
Besides, if you don't like the missions roleplay you can always decline it and get another.
*Blood Raiders.
______
The Seven Events of the Apocalypse The fourth event is described by Macaper as ôthe appetite of nothing expands over the worldö; |

Myra2007
24th Imperial Crusade
|
Posted - 2008.09.17 22:23:00 -
[8]
Edited by: Myra2007 on 17/09/2008 22:26:19 You do realize all those innocent people you kill aren't real? If you do then how is this even a question of morality? Its a question of whether you prefered to play cops or robbers when playing "cops and robbers" as a child.
Hopefully you can now see how flawed your whole position is. You really have to understand that this is a game. Once you do this you will see its absolutely innocent just like those 8-year olds kids playing on the street.
As for mwds in missions: not all missions are in deadspace iirc and thus you can use mwd in some of them. Not sure about the specific missions you are talking about though.
edit: psychotic is essentially a medical term and probably you lack any and all competence to make such judgements. Especially if your analysis is based on the fiction and backstory of a ruthless universe of pod pilots...  Oh yeah and 0/10 because you *cannot* be real.
|

Stormwind Bloodfeather
Minmatar Sogdian Traders Inc
|
Posted - 2008.09.17 22:45:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Myra2007 Edited by: Myra2007 on 17/09/2008 22:26:19 You do realize all those innocent people you kill aren't real? If you do then how is this even a question of morality? Its a question of whether you prefered to play cops or robbers when playing "cops and robbers" as a child.
Hopefully you can now see how flawed your whole position is. You really have to understand that this is a game. Once you do this you will see its absolutely innocent just like those 8-year olds kids playing on the street.
As for mwds in missions: not all missions are in deadspace iirc and thus you can use mwd in some of them. Not sure about the specific missions you are talking about though.
edit: psychotic is essentially a medical term and probably you lack any and all competence to make such judgements. Especially if your analysis is based on the fiction and backstory of a ruthless universe of pod pilots...  Oh yeah and 0/10 because you *cannot* be real.
If you can't see the moral issues involved, even in a game, then I feel sorry for you. But reality and game universe aside. I have ran a LOT of missions 8+ standing for Minmatar Mining, and havent had any issues with any of them. Until this latest set started appearing. I looked at the descriptions and they made even me go wtf???!!!Who wrote this shit?
And for your information, I gave my real name. Yes I am "REAL". I feel strongly enough about how screwed up these new missions are to put my real name in the thread.
Sam In EVE, your only friend is your ship and it's weapons. All others are the enemy! |

Feilamya
Minmatar 24th Imperial Crusade
|
Posted - 2008.09.17 22:46:00 -
[10]
Damn, I hope the German censors don't find out about these new missions ...
and if EVE gets banned over here because of missions that reward you to kill e-innocents, it would be the most ridiculous thing ever to happen, because what really makes EVE dangerous is the fact that you are normally being punished for killing (yes, I'm talking about sec loss, sentry aggression, etc.)
Being punished for attacking and killing others forces players to consider whether the reward is worth the punishment and risk. It teaches you skills that you also need as a criminal in real life (or as a businessman in real life, but I always use terms such as "criminal" or "innocent" losely...)
What I'm saying is: Open your eyes! If you see a reason to keep your kids away from EVE now and you haven't seen one before, you probably haven't seen half of the game yet.
|

Stormwind Bloodfeather
Minmatar Sogdian Traders Inc
|
Posted - 2008.09.17 22:51:00 -
[11]
Originally by: Ghost hunter
I can agree the missions may sound psychopathic, but considering the nature of the EVE universe this stuff is pretty timid. Unless they're going "RAW RAW EAT THEIR BABIES"* in the mission description, which I haven't read yet.
Besides, if you don't like the missions roleplay you can always decline it and get another.
*Blood Raiders.
The one mission that said to fit a MWD was in a dead space area where they didn't work (I fit both a mwd and AB just to be safe, mwd got the standard interference message).
As for the missions role play, a few others had weird sounding stuff as well but I ran them and they were basic. These the rp stuff is WAY overboard and just plain screwed up. Not to mention the missionsthemselves are unfinished, completing before objectives are obtained (yet still turn-inable). I turned one down only to have the exact same mission offered again by the agent. kinda screwed up for standings thanks to that.
Sam In EVE, your only friend is your ship and it's weapons. All others are the enemy! |

Stormwind Bloodfeather
Minmatar Sogdian Traders Inc
|
Posted - 2008.09.17 22:55:00 -
[12]
Originally by: Feilamya Damn, I hope the German censors don't find out about these new missions ...
and if EVE gets banned over here because of missions that reward you to kill e-innocents, it would be the most ridiculous thing ever to happen, because what really makes EVE dangerous is the fact that you are normally being punished for killing (yes, I'm talking about sec loss, sentry aggression, etc.)
Being punished for attacking and killing others forces players to consider whether the reward is worth the punishment and risk. It teaches you skills that you also need as a criminal in real life (or as a businessman in real life, but I always use terms such as "criminal" or "innocent" losely...)
What I'm saying is: Open your eyes! If you see a reason to keep your kids away from EVE now and you haven't seen one before, you probably haven't seen half of the game yet.
No kids here thank god. But even if I did have kids, I would not stop them from playing eve over these missions, but I do feel strongly enough about their content that I honestly do think CCP should seriously look them over again.
Sam In EVE, your only friend is your ship and it's weapons. All others are the enemy! |

Venkul Mul
Gallente
|
Posted - 2008.09.17 23:15:00 -
[13]
Out of curiosity, what corporation/faction gave you this mission?
|

Typhado3
Minmatar Ashen Lion Mining and Production Consortium Axiom Empire
|
Posted - 2008.09.17 23:40:00 -
[14]
/signed
gotta agree with op here. I run mining missions for minmatar mining corp (while doing assignments and stuff in rl) and am happy with most of their missions rp wise. eg. going and getting med supplies (gas harvesting), materials for minmatar war supplies, dealing with rouge drone infestations, helping an artist ice sculpture and then screwing over minmatar colonists by providing them with dodgy ice..... umm yeah =s that last one is like wtf? I thought I was supposed to be helping the minmatar not screwing over some innocent people..... and pls don't say turn em down I already have stupid high % of combat to turn down and lots of unwanted courier missions (you would think mining agents give more than 60% mining missions =s).
However I also understand that some people like to role play the bad guys and these missions are the good kind to them. That is why I think the best solution would be to implement a system which allows us to choose which missions we do. Best way I can think of to do this would have a pool of missions that everyone has access to where new missions appear every time one is accepted. Missions will slowly build up a bonus the longer they are left in there, say 1% bonus to mission rewards per day to max of 14% after which they are removed from the pool.
|

Kethry Avenger
Krell-Korp
|
Posted - 2008.09.18 03:46:00 -
[15]
There is higher morale reasoning in EVE? Aren't there a lot of missions asking you to kill specific individuals? Actually adding darker story lines and assassinations to missions might get me back into them.
|

MotherMoon
Huang Yinglong
|
Posted - 2008.09.18 03:52:00 -
[16]
Edited by: MotherMoon on 18/09/2008 03:54:49 wait are we talking about blood raider missions?
blood raiders kill peoples parents and steal thier children and force them to drink the blood of thier parents.
don't do missions for them then, duh.
also please add some detail to what the missions were asking please.
|

ThaDollaGenerale
The Priory
|
Posted - 2008.09.18 05:54:00 -
[17]
First...4 accounts? Dude, get a life.
Second, who cares? It's internet spaceships.
Third, your stuff can I has it?
|

Amateratsu
Caldari Terra Incognita Vanguard.
|
Posted - 2008.09.18 08:00:00 -
[18]
I have to agree with the op... Eve is played by people of all ages, what kind of morals are we teaching the younger players with such content?
The fact that its not real or just a game is irelevant, its the principle that counts.
Being sent out to kill pirates and outlaws is 1 thing, being sent out to specificly kill women and children is quite another...
Even in an internet game thats based on a violent and anarchic universe it should still retain some degree of morality..
á
|

Lijhal
|
Posted - 2008.09.18 08:17:00 -
[19]
need ... to ... eat .. more ... babies
|

Ratchman
|
Posted - 2008.09.18 08:24:00 -
[20]
Why such rancour over the morality of a fictional environment? Before we start on the issue of missions, the simple act of destroying a ship is to commit murder on hundreds, maybe thousands of individuals, and every one has a family, have children, and everyone is someone's child.
Now it is expressed that the game is morally bankrupt because of a mission where you are asked to kill a mother and child? Someone who has slaughtered thousands upon thousands of people suddenly objects to adding two more to that list?
Let's be realistic here. These are hypothetical scenarios in a fictional universe, and in the context of that universe, these new missions fit with the harsh nature of the game. Some people like to role-play a bastard, and they shouldn't be prevented from doing so because of real-life moral issues. The second you start stating that 'you can't do that' in fiction, it becomes censorship.
If you object to it that strongly, why not leave the game? However, I suggest that you channel such outrage towards real-life moral issues, which are far more deserving of interest and comment. Plenty of extremely dubious ethics exist in reality, and are perpetuated by the great and good as well as the nefarious and despotic. Just take the profiteering of the pharmaceutical industry as an example. Every additional penny they place on the cost of a drug means that more people will die for the want of it, and they make more than an acceptable profit from each of their patented drugs.
|

Sleepkevert
Amarr Rionnag Alba Triumvirate.
|
Posted - 2008.09.18 08:37:00 -
[21]
Originally by: Stormwind Bloodfeather anyone with half a brain cell that still held some moral reason, would say they suck.
EVE, Moral reason... DOES NOT COMPUTE! _
Add your own line! |

Stormwind Bloodfeather
Minmatar Sogdian Traders Inc
|
Posted - 2008.09.18 09:56:00 -
[22]
Originally by: Ratchman Why such rancour over the morality of a fictional environment? Before we start on the issue of missions, the simple act of destroying a ship is to commit murder on hundreds, maybe thousands of individuals, and every one has a family, have children, and everyone is someone's child.
Now it is expressed that the game is morally bankrupt because of a mission where you are asked to kill a mother and child? Someone who has slaughtered thousands upon thousands of people suddenly objects to adding two more to that list?
Let's be realistic here. These are hypothetical scenarios in a fictional universe, and in the context of that universe, these new missions fit with the harsh nature of the game. Some people like to role-play a bastard, and they shouldn't be prevented from doing so because of real-life moral issues. The second you start stating that 'you can't do that' in fiction, it becomes censorship.
If you object to it that strongly, why not leave the game? However, I suggest that you channel such outrage towards real-life moral issues, which are far more deserving of interest and comment. Plenty of extremely dubious ethics exist in reality, and are perpetuated by the great and good as well as the nefarious and despotic. Just take the profiteering of the pharmaceutical industry as an example. Every additional penny they place on the cost of a drug means that more people will die for the want of it, and they make more than an acceptable profit from each of their patented drugs.
To me the difference is that an NPC crew of a npc warship, is one thing but to "kill" a mother and child on a cruise ship out of a psychotic revenge storyline (revenge because supposedly in the mission the family the agent was stealing from, blew up their station rather than let him steal it from them, so he orders the mother and child executed as revenge) is just a tad bit over the line.
I don't normally take a moral line with much of anything, hell I was addicted to ****** for 12 years and to be honest, was not a very "good" person during that time, so normally I don't feel I have any place to take any kind of moral high ground, but honestly, these missions seem to be a bit over the top even for a moral vaccuum like myself.
As for real life considerations, I agree with you, that those issues are truly of greater importance than issues within a game, and I do what I can there, where I can. But. And I stress this strongly, Some lines just should not be crossed, I know that in "real" life they often are and the results are tragic and terrible so why mirror such horrors in a game?
The Minmatar Mining Corporation missions went from your standard fare to something terribly dark and sinstre with the last patch. Most are your normal blah type missions but the few that are REALLY out there, stand out as totally abhorant. Amoral. Psychotic, and in at least two I have seen, Schitzo.
Before any of you arm chair psyches start saying I am not qualified to make such judgements, your right, I'm not a psyche, and i'm making these statements from my own opinion on the subject. I don't have much in the line of morals myself, wouldn't mind seeing the whole world blow itself to hell, but seriously, if I think these are a bit over the top, that is saying a LOT.
I know that not everyone will agree with me, as is their right, I know you will say these are just "game" missions and have no bearing on the real world and I will say your wrong. They do. Sadly they are a reflection of the crap going on in the real world.
Anyway. If ya'll wanna run those missions feel free, but to me, they are just way to far over the top for my liking. I'd rather kill npc warships than npc mothers and children. Just way to weird for me.
Sam In EVE, your only friend is your ship and it's weapons. All others are the enemy! |

Stormwind Bloodfeather
Minmatar Sogdian Traders Inc
|
Posted - 2008.09.18 10:11:00 -
[23]
Originally by: ThaDollaGenerale First...4 accounts? Dude, get a life.
Second, who cares? It's internet spaceships.
Third, your stuff can I has it?
Yes 4 accounts. my g/f and I both play, two accounts each. Got a life, I live in Hawaii. lol.
I care, yeah it's internet spaceships but wow some of these missions make even me cringe.
No, my stuff, you can not has, but if I ever do decide to quite EVE, I'll give you the first crack at buying it at a nicely reduced rate.
Sam In EVE, your only friend is your ship and it's weapons. All others are the enemy! |

H Lecter
Gallente The Black Rabbits The Gurlstas Associates
|
Posted - 2008.09.18 10:17:00 -
[24]
Originally by: Stormwind Bloodfeather Edited by: Stormwind Bloodfeather on 17/09/2008 20:35:36 WHAT are you idiots thinking?
What one of you idiots thought these up? and why haven't you been fired yet? Which one of you QA people let this crap through? And why haven't YOU been fired for it?
You people are idiots for even letting a mission type like that through Q&A. Just what are you even thinking? Are you high? Psychotic? or just plain stupid?
Your new missions that I have seen so far are just plain idiotic, psychotic, morally bankrupt and something I would expect to see coming from a game that caters to 8 yr old serial killers.
I see that you are quite outraged - but are you really sure that the insults will help to reach your goal..?
|

El Yatta
Mercenary Forces
|
Posted - 2008.09.18 11:06:00 -
[25]
Several points: Psychotic? Clearly you do not understand the meaning of the word you have repeatedly used. It does not mean "dangerous" or "agressive" or "murderous", and neither does the term 'psychopath'. It is a medical term with a distinct meaning, you contribute to a lot of bad stereotypes of mental ill health when you misuse it. Your ignorance is dangerous.
morally bankrupt? Its a game, and thus your actions are implicitly role played. If you are so simplistic that you cant grasp the concept that your agent might be a bastard and send you to do some dirty work, why are you playing?
A mission where you have to kill a family makes plenty of sense: for whatsoever reason, the agent wants them dead. Its a corrupt, dark, harsh, cold universe in New Eden: if it helps their business then the ***** and the kid are going down. If you want to RP a knight in shining armor, perhaps you should turn down any mission that does not reflect that, or refuse to finish it?
Dont whine that you will lose standings: thats the point. You are going to RP that you refuse to do that, and the agent will say "if you cant do my bidding when it gets tough, we dont like you as much". Take it like a man.
Lastly, of all the carebear mission runner whines to threaten to quit the game, this one is unique in that its not whining about other players, but about some fictional backstory. Frankly, I'd tell you to stop missioning and start playing the actual game, but instead I'm too impressed that anyone reads the mission stories. Keep it up.
_______________________________________________ Mercenary Forces |

Merin Ryskin
Peregrine Industries
|
Posted - 2008.09.18 11:14:00 -
[26]
Hillarious overreaction to video game "ethics"? Yep. Difficulty telling the difference between fantasy and reality? Yep. Threats to quit the game over it? Nope.
This thread is extremely disappointing. Please whine more and make some threats, I need more entertainment.
Like it or not, this is EVE. This is the universe where:
Every fleet battle or mission involves more casualties than some entire real-world wars. Your average mission runner has probably killed more people than every single real-world war since the beginning of human history.
People will gladly suicide a dozen battleships to kill a highsec hauler, killing a hundred thousand nameless crew members, for a little bit of extra profit.
Those same highsec police who "protected" the hauler will instantly execute your entire non-pod crew if you accidentally press the wrong button and scratch the shields of a target without police permission.
Pirates will blow up your ship (again, killing all of the crew, except you, the lucky pod pilot), take all of your stuff, and then kill your escape pod just for the fun of it.
Suicide is a common form of transportation, if your jump clone timer hasn't expired fast enough.
Etc.
Adding new "be a really evil person" missions is just more of the same thing, and honestly, long overdue. It's about time they finally made some missions that are more interesting than "OMG the Guristas have yet another fleet in this system, go kill it and I'll give you 10 ISK".
|

Jaketh Ivanes
Amarr Imperial Servants
|
Posted - 2008.09.18 11:42:00 -
[27]
Stormwind, do you despise violent movies or books? I don't recall any demonstrations to the Phsyco(sp?) book describing very detailed how a man kills other people. The one passage I've heard of, were a couple of prostitutes and made my stomach turn. What about the series Dexter, where goes around killing bad guys.
Point is, if it's a book, movie or game, it's all fiction and can have any content. You could be a murderous, raping, pillaging, insane dictator in a game. It has no bearing on who you are in real life.
If, on the other hand, it has an impact on your life, you should seek professional help to learn what is real and what is fiction.
|

Gordon Red
SteelVipers Ev0ke
|
Posted - 2008.09.18 11:53:00 -
[28]
Edited by: Gordon Red on 18/09/2008 11:56:23
@OP If you are working for a pirate faction or criminal organisation, I would expect this kind of missions!
Edit: You should watch your speech and netiquette in your posting. You are interacting with REAL persons here and not psychotic pixel agents. 
]
|

Suboran
Gallente Victory Not Vengeance SOLAR WING
|
Posted - 2008.09.18 13:38:00 -
[29]
hurry up and quit so i dont have to look at your posts
|

H Lecter
Gallente The Black Rabbits The Gurlstas Associates
|
Posted - 2008.09.18 13:55:00 -
[30]
Originally by: Stormwind Bloodfeather ...hell I was addicted to ****** for 12 years...
On a sidenote - gratz on getting clean! MMO's surely are the 'healthier' addiction 
|

Cailais
Amarr VITOC
|
Posted - 2008.09.18 16:17:00 -
[31]
I find it disturbing that the OP is disturbed by these disturbing missions.
C.
Originally by: Tarminic Your continued whining is somewhat diminished by your continued willingness to give your money to CCP.
|

Feng Schui
Minmatar Ghost Festival
|
Posted - 2008.09.18 17:23:00 -
[32]
Originally by: Jaketh Ivanes If, on the other hand, it has an impact on your life, you should seek professional help to learn what is real and what is fiction.
I would have to disagree with this statement for quite a few reasons, and I'll list some of them here.
1) Killing people in eve makes me happy IRL 
2) Missioning makes me go to sleep IRL 
Ok, other than those two, lets get a bit more serious on the subject:
1) Managing a 1,000 person corporation in (any MMORPG):
- This is noteworthy in the fact that you can list it in your resume as management skills. Managing people in a virtual enviroment is waaaay more difficult than in a real enviroment. Throw in the fact its a game, and people have more responsibilities than just the game, then yea....
2) Managing orders, stocks, production runs, etc.. (Industry):
- This shows that you are quite adept at managing and maintaining a complex system of accounting and price analysis (of course, this all depends on how much you do with industrial activities. Not just playing the 0.01 isk game in Jita.)
3) Universities and colleges are even now using MMORPG's as educational tools for their students. You mean playing EvE could get me a Bachelor's degree?!?!?
Just some examples of how playing an MMORPG can, and does, affect one's real life 
Project:Gank
Pilgrim Guide
|

Timaios
Art of War Exalted.
|
Posted - 2008.09.18 17:35:00 -
[33]
Edited by: Timaios on 18/09/2008 17:36:04 Edited by: Timaios on 18/09/2008 17:35:24
Originally by: Stormwind Bloodfeather
Anyway. If ya'll wanna run those missions feel free, but to me, they are just way to far over the top for my liking. I'd rather kill npc warships than npc mothers and children. Just way to weird for me.
Sam
That's probably the proper course of action if that's how you feel.
And in a sense, I really like the idea behind the mission. See, in EVE, when interacting with other players, your reputation is everything. It either allows you to interact with certain corps/alliances/individuals or turns them away from you, depending how you have acted in the past. Every player pays (literally, in ISK) for the his actions which can prevent him from doing something else.
I like that now in missions, your style of gaming can be challenged. You either just go with the standard "lolpixels, F1-F6, boom" -mindset or think if you want to do the mission you are given. If you don't do it, you pay (by not getting the bounties, agent standings dropping, storyline mission is delayed and so on). Moral choices have consequences. It's pretty sweet that someone made an PVE mission that could elicit a similar moral issue that players are facing when they ponder whether to pirate a ship in lowsec, scam a gullible fool or steal from a corp.
|

Odhinn Vinlandii
Shadows of the Dead Elitist Cowards
|
Posted - 2008.09.18 20:03:00 -
[34]
Get over it. Let the storyline be.
Otherwise you'll just have to drop out of life because here is what you are a part of in IRL;
America dropped two nuclear bombs on civilian targets. Fire bombed Dresden during a children's Xmas parade. Dropped cluster bombs on kids in school in Sarajevo. Millions of kids starved to death in Iraq since the 80s from US trade sanctions. Bush hired warlords in Afghanistan to ****, castrate men and cut the breasts off women. Slavery is still legal in Israel which is backed by the US. ...should I go on?
Yeehaw.
|

Synapse Archae
Amarr Demonic Retribution
|
Posted - 2008.09.18 20:11:00 -
[35]
Most people in thsi thread are thinking too shallowly.
Just because eve is supposed to be a cold hard world doesn't mean there's a licence to be gratuitously or uselessly violent.
Cold hard worlds are about showing good people forced to make difficult decisions with painful consequences, because they have to be done.
"Kill a family of farmers because we can" is just mindless violence, and its an inexcusable lack of depth.
This point wil go right over the heads of 90% of people who read my post, but I hope the people in charge of mission content understand that they need to demand more of their storytelling if this is the best they can do.
Originally by: CCP Garthagk While these forums may not give you everything that you want, they will usually let you post.
|

Stormwind Bloodfeather
Minmatar Sogdian Traders Inc
|
Posted - 2008.09.18 20:15:00 -
[36]
Originally by: Timaios It's pretty sweet that someone made an PVE mission that could elicit a similar moral issue that players are facing when they ponder whether to pirate a ship in lowsec, scam a gullible fool or steal from a corp.
None of those actions would bother me in the least. The missions content bothers me more than anything because it's just SO far from the standard fare.
As to the individual that made the comments about my not knowing the meaning of the word Psychotic. Your absolutly wrong. I do, and trust me when I say this, the agent comes across very much as psychotic.
1.a mental disorder characterized by symptoms, such as delusions or hallucinations, that indicate impaired contact with reality. 2.any severe form of mental disorder, as schizophrenia or paranoia.
Specifically definition #2
So when I stated the agent was Psychotic (and the creators of the mission are as well) I meant what I stated. I just LOVE how people try to second guess a persons intelligence and grasp on reality when they state something disagrees with them about a game.
First. My grasp on Reality is very firm. I seperate game and reality just fine. My OPINION is that some things just should NOT be in a video game. Period.
Second, I also stated that I myself would not stop anyone (not even a child/teen etc) from playing eve over the content, but for MYSELF if this is the path the developers intend to take eve they should simply tell me now so I can delete my characters and cancel my accounts, otherwise I will continue to play eve as normal.
Third, i'm far from simplistic.
You said....
"A mission where you have to kill a family makes plenty of sense: for whatsoever reason, the agent wants them dead. Its a corrupt, dark, harsh, cold universe in New Eden: if it helps their business then the ***** and the kid are going down. If you want to RP a knight in shining armor, perhaps you should turn down any mission that does not reflect that, or refuse to finish it?"
It doesn't help his business. The storyline pretty much shows the agent as a grasping, backstabbing, amoral, low life sob that would sell his mother to the Amarr for 2 isk. Sadly, you can't get away from this type of mission because most if not all agents will have it in their repitoir of available missions.
I do agree that I can and will choose to refuse the mission and standings be damned. Some things in my mind just are not acceptable behaviors, even in a game. This mission type is one of them.
Nuff said, I'm gonna go to the beach and surf. TTYL all.
Sam
In EVE, your only friend is your ship and it's weapons. All others are the enemy! |

Myra2007
24th Imperial Crusade
|
Posted - 2008.09.18 20:16:00 -
[37]
Originally by: Stormwind Bloodfeather
Before any of you arm chair psyches start saying I am not qualified to make such judgements, your right, I'm not a psyche,
So, you misuse a medical term (as an insult) which makes us the armchair psyches? Irony and hipocrisy - look those words up dude.
Originally by: Stormwind Bloodfeather
and i'm making these statements from my own opinion on the subject.
Which means exactly nothing.
Originally by: Stormwind Bloodfeather
I don't have much in the line of morals myself, wouldn't mind seeing the whole world blow itself to hell, but seriously, if I think these are a bit over the top, that is saying a LOT.
So, you are saying that you wouldn't mind seeing all of us die in real life? But those imaginary missions in this imaginary spaceship-world *those* are clearly over the top?
Dude, you just keep digging deeper and deeper. I won't really comment on your alleged drug addiction for the remote chance of you not being a troll on steroids.
Suffice to say i really hope you live on the other side of the world. People who cannot distinguish between whats real and whats fantasy scare me to death. 
|

Stormwind Bloodfeather
Minmatar Sogdian Traders Inc
|
Posted - 2008.09.18 20:29:00 -
[38]
Edited by: Stormwind Bloodfeather on 18/09/2008 20:30:29
Originally by: Myra2007 Edited by: Myra2007 on 18/09/2008 20:18:05
Originally by: Stormwind Bloodfeather
Before any of you arm chair psyches start saying I am not qualified to make such judgements, your right, I'm not a psyche,
So, you misuse a medical term (as an insult) which makes us the armchair psyches? Irony and hypocrisy - look those words up dude.
Originally by: Stormwind Bloodfeather
and i'm making these statements from my own opinion on the subject.
Which means exactly nothing.
Originally by: Stormwind Bloodfeather
I don't have much in the line of morals myself, wouldn't mind seeing the whole world blow itself to hell, but seriously, if I think these are a bit over the top, that is saying a LOT.
So, you are saying that you wouldn't mind seeing all of us die in real life? But those imaginary missions in this imaginary spaceship-world *those* are clearly over the top?
Dude, you just keep digging deeper and deeper. I won't really comment on your alleged drug addiction for the remote chance of you not being a troll on steroids.
Suffice to say i really hope you live on the other side of the world. People who cannot distinguish between whats real and whats fantasy scare me to death. 
and again we have someone attempting to question my grasp on reality. I know what is real and what isn't. my OPINION is that some things just should not be done. some lines just should not be crossed. if that somehow makes my grasp on reality weak or unstable to you then so be it. Your opinions are as valuable as mine in the grand scheme of things, which is exactly squat.
Also, my statement about seeing the planet blown to hell wouldn't bother me, is exactly what I meant. I despise what I see people doing to one another and this planet. I have gotten to the point where I truly and honestly think mankind needs to either kill itself off and let earth start over, or get a frickin clue and grow up.
And yes, 12 years of ****** addiction. No troll there. I have seen the bottom side of society and don't care to see it again. The most painful, difficult time of my life was those 12 years. It's not an experience I would ever wish even on the most vile members of society.
Sam In EVE, your only friend is your ship and it's weapons. All others are the enemy! |

Brigsby5987
Caldari 32nd Amarrian Imperial Navy Regiment.
|
Posted - 2008.09.18 20:35:00 -
[39]
Originally by: Odhinn Vinlandii Get over it. Let the storyline be.
Otherwise you'll just have to drop out of life because here is what you are a part of in IRL;
America dropped two nuclear bombs on civilian targets. Fire bombed Dresden during a children's Xmas parade. Dropped cluster bombs on kids in school in Sarajevo. Millions of kids starved to death in Iraq since the 80s from US trade sanctions. Bush hired warlords in Afghanistan to ****, castrate men and cut the breasts off women. Slavery is still legal in Israel which is backed by the US. ...should I go on?
Yeehaw.
Just remember that some of us are American by birth, not choice. I am personally agreeing with you 100%, and its also worth noting I am leaving the country about as quick as I can get a visa and permanent residence. (1-3 years) I guess having a general F-off attitude only gets you in trouble... But really there should be something indicating that this is part of my sig. __________________________________________ When Will |

Stormwind Bloodfeather
Minmatar Sogdian Traders Inc
|
Posted - 2008.09.18 20:37:00 -
[40]
Originally by: H Lecter
Originally by: Stormwind Bloodfeather ...hell I was addicted to ****** for 12 years...
On a sidenote - gratz on getting clean! MMO's surely are the 'healthier' addiction 
Thanks.  In EVE, your only friend is your ship and it's weapons. All others are the enemy! |

Stormwind Bloodfeather
Minmatar Sogdian Traders Inc
|
Posted - 2008.09.18 20:39:00 -
[41]
Originally by: Cailais I find it disturbing that the OP is disturbed by these disturbing missions.
C.
  
sam In EVE, your only friend is your ship and it's weapons. All others are the enemy! |

Solomon XI
Hoist The Colors.
|
Posted - 2008.09.18 21:20:00 -
[42]
I for one welcome the day my Agent tells me that I must kill an innocent family by blowing up their defenseless freighter because they happen to have something we need and the idea of *talking to them* takes too long to see through.
I want to see EvE-Online become the darkest MMO in the history of MMO's ... I want more violence, more freedom, and a darker atmosphere. I want Eve to return to those *all or nothing days ... fight or die. Where every system is null-sec or low-sec. Where the Gallente women are constantly being sold to the Minmatar as sex slaves and the Caldari women are sold to the Blood Raiders for blood rituals.
Basically imagine the darkest storyline and atmosphere you possibly can, multiply that by a factor of ten, and you'll get a rough idea of what I'm talking about.  ~Solo Hoist The Colors. (CEO) |

Strill
|
Posted - 2008.09.18 23:51:00 -
[43]
Originally by: Solomon XI I for one welcome the day my Agent tells me that I must kill an innocent family by blowing up their defenseless freighter because they happen to have something we need and the idea of *talking to them* takes too long to see through.
I want to see EvE-Online become the darkest MMO in the history of MMO's ... I want more violence, more freedom, and a darker atmosphere. I want Eve to return to those *all or nothing days ... fight or die. Where every system is null-sec or low-sec. Where the Gallente women are constantly being sold to the Minmatar as sex slaves and the Caldari women are sold to the Blood Raiders for blood rituals.
Basically imagine the darkest storyline and atmosphere you possibly can, multiply that by a factor of ten, and you'll get a rough idea of what I'm talking about. 
That would just be making EVE into a clone of Warhammer 40k. They're already developing an MMO version of it. Go play that.
|

Typhado3
Minmatar Ashen Lion Mining and Production Consortium Axiom Empire
|
Posted - 2008.09.19 00:03:00 -
[44]
Originally by: Solomon XI I for one welcome the day my Agent tells me that I must kill an innocent family by blowing up their defenseless freighter because they happen to have something we need and the idea of *talking to them* takes too long to see through.
I want to see EvE-Online become the darkest MMO in the history of MMO's ... I want more violence, more freedom, and a darker atmosphere. I want Eve to return to those *all or nothing days ... fight or die. Where every system is null-sec or low-sec. Where the Gallente women are constantly being sold to the Minmatar as sex slaves and the Caldari women are sold to the Blood Raiders for blood rituals.
Basically imagine the darkest storyline and atmosphere you possibly can, multiply that by a factor of ten, and you'll get a rough idea of what I'm talking about. 
Then I guess ccp is making some missions that will make you happy =)
just wish they had a way for those who want to do 'good' missions and those who want to do 'bad' missions to choose between without screwing over their rewards/standing
CCP PLEASE LOOK AT MINING AGENTS MISSION %..... I want better than 60% mining missions from a mining agent =(
|

Strill
|
Posted - 2008.09.19 00:10:00 -
[45]
Originally by: Typhado3
Originally by: Solomon XI I for one welcome the day my Agent tells me that I must kill an innocent family by blowing up their defenseless freighter because they happen to have something we need and the idea of *talking to them* takes too long to see through.
I want to see EvE-Online become the darkest MMO in the history of MMO's ... I want more violence, more freedom, and a darker atmosphere. I want Eve to return to those *all or nothing days ... fight or die. Where every system is null-sec or low-sec. Where the Gallente women are constantly being sold to the Minmatar as sex slaves and the Caldari women are sold to the Blood Raiders for blood rituals.
Basically imagine the darkest storyline and atmosphere you possibly can, multiply that by a factor of ten, and you'll get a rough idea of what I'm talking about. 
Then I guess ccp is making some missions that will make you happy =)
just wish they had a way for those who want to do 'good' missions and those who want to do 'bad' missions to choose between without screwing over their rewards/standing
Ya. The kill innocent people missions should be reserved for pirate factions.
|

Merin Ryskin
Peregrine Industries
|
Posted - 2008.09.19 06:40:00 -
[46]
Originally by: Strill Ya. The kill innocent people missions should be reserved for pirate factions.
Or better idea: they shouldn't.
Being good should actually mean something. It's meaningless if it's just a matter of clicking a little "don't give me evil missions" checkbox. Taking a stand and defying your agent's request to do something evil, even at the cost of income/standings/etc, DOES mean something. In that scenario, there's a real choice involved, and your principles are put to the test. Those that are truly determined to BE good will make the choice, and maybe do something worthy of a bit of respect.
And as for the absurd idea that your agent shouldn't offer evil missions? Why not? As I showed with my earlier examples, life is cheap in EVE. Murder, suicide, and billion-casualty wars don't even make the front page news in this game. And just who exactly are you running missions for?
The religious nutcases who will kill and enslave entire races if it's the "will of god"?
The terrorists who aren't too concerned about collateral damage, as long as they kill some of their former enslavers in the process?
The ultra-capitalists who would sell their own mothers to pirate slavers for an extra ISK on the day's profit?
The token "good guys" who are the perfect example of the worst of American hypocrisy, all talk about "democracy" and "freedom", until you try to use that freedom and democracy to do something they don't approve of... and then they nuke your major cities off the map and start a bloody years-long war to force you back under their rule?
Or maybe you could take the side of the police? Protectors of the weak and defenders of the innocent? More like trigger-happy sociopaths who will instantly execute thousands of your crew for scratching the paint on an unapproved target, but then stand aside and watch as your murderer's obvious friend runs off with your loot.
Just who does this idealistic agent actually work for?
|

Strill
|
Posted - 2008.09.19 08:26:00 -
[47]
Edited by: Strill on 19/09/2008 08:26:39
Originally by: Merin Ryskin Just who does this idealistic agent actually work for?
The Sisters of EVE
|

Cyberman Mastermind
|
Posted - 2008.09.19 12:50:00 -
[48]
Originally by: Merin Ryskin Being good should actually mean something.
Right. Unfortunately, currently you can't be "good" or "bad" in PVE. You can do missions. Or you don't do them. There is nothin that values your actions, unless you introduce your own RP and perhaps count faction standing.
I've had two very weird missions(both L1) and though I thought twice about doing them, I did and will redo them any time even though I am rather appalled by what I have to do. (1: blowing up an entire station because my agent feels insulted, 2: killing someone because my agent clearly is missing his medication - even indicating as much afterwards)
The simple reason I do them even though I don't like them is not because "this is a game" but because I KNOW there are no repercussions AT ALL.
--
Also, these missions are definitely crazy. I understand the need for more "flavor", but they don't fit in, IMO. Why should a law-abiding(?) agent in high-sec suddenly blow up stations without anyone ever getting suspicious? You'd think someone might notice if a station of Center for Advanced Studies suddenly vanishes in an explosion? -------------------------------------------------- I'm a rich person. How I know? I can afford to be a miner. |

Tac Ginaz
The Righteous Few
|
Posted - 2008.09.24 03:00:00 -
[49]
you actually read the mission stuff?
i just click, see the part that gives me waypoints and victory conditions and I go do it and go back.
When a game is based on repetitive, pointless mission system players give a rat's infested anus about the paragraphs of 'story' behind the mission.
|

Mika Meroko
Minmatar Crayon Posting Inc
|
Posted - 2008.09.24 10:54:00 -
[50]
you think you got problems...
my agent made me fetch over 60 strippers for his parties in 1 day...
....
my other agent has an obsessions with DOLLS....
I miss the old drug missions though....
those were fun to read XD
and yeah... lets not kid ourselves... human beings are @#!!@#! creatures...
only 3 types of good people I know: -Those who blindly believe in the giant floating blob in the sky -Those who experienced very painful (emotionally) events and "survived" and those who are just born suckers (Too nice.. they get taken advantage of..)
the rest are self-fish (in this case, the agent in question .. yeah, is self-fish... ) spiteful and nasty (the agent told you to murder them out of cold blood for cold hard cash right?..)
I say.. is a perfect portrayal of human societies that are not that transparent....
hell, is like how rich people can get away with things in North Ameirca XD
Originally by: CCP Atropos I pod people because there's money to be made in selling tears.
|

Batolemaeus
Caldari Batolemaeus Corp
|
Posted - 2008.09.24 14:49:00 -
[51]
I like how you sneaked in that atropos quote, mika.
I hereby support the new missions with seriously mean storylines. Eve just turned more "noir".
|

Nekopyat
|
Posted - 2008.09.24 19:11:00 -
[52]
Originally by: Amateratsu
I have to agree with the op... Eve is played by people of all ages, what kind of morals are we teaching the younger players with such content?
The fact that its not real or just a game is irelevant, its the principle that counts.
Being sent out to kill pirates and outlaws is 1 thing, being sent out to specificly kill women and children is quite another...
Even in an internet game thats based on a violent and anarchic universe it should still retain some degree of morality..
Even from the perspective of teaching morality, I am not sure I agree with you here. Not allowing people to make immoral choices teaches them nothing.
I am always confused as to why people get so offended when a game provides the OPTION for choosing differently. You don't like these missions? Fine, you have made your choice... but ranting that the game should not give people the choice one way or the other is just mind boggling. EvE is a game about choice.. it doesn't spoon feed you the path you have to follow, and it should not spoon feed you ethics either.
(for the record, I work in serious games where teaching right and wrong is one of the primary goals of the simulation, and yes, we give the players the option to choose wrong.)
|

Mioelnir
Minmatar Meltd0wn iPOD Alliance
|
Posted - 2008.09.25 05:21:00 -
[53]
You certainly should not work on the pve-pirate side of eve.
I routinely smuggle biological weapons as level 4 courier missions. In storyline missions, I raided colonies. Blackmailed empire factions. Executed prisoners. In cosmos missions, I smuggled dolls loaded with explosives and delivered poisoned softdrinks to celebrities.
Where other games have paths, eve has choices. Where other games have black/white, eve has grey. This is what makes Eve Eve.
|

Vengal Seyhan
Sten Industries
|
Posted - 2008.09.25 14:59:00 -
[54]
If you think that is dark, come run some missions for one of the pirate factions. That's pretty standard fare.
Nothing better than couriering hapless refugees to their 'salvation' at a slave camp... Or slaughtering Concord ships on the Blockade. Made me laugh so hard the first few times I was running those missions, and after two years in game that's very welcome.
Variety is the spice of life, after all.
And hey, if those missions you're angry about aren't light and fluffy enough for Empire, I for one would welcome more relevant and 'in-genre' mission choices out in Stain. Murder, loot and pillage inclusive.
|

Brigsby5987
Caldari 32nd Amarrian Imperial Navy Regiment.
|
Posted - 2008.09.25 17:36:00 -
[55]
Quote: hell, is like how rich people can get away with things in North Ameirca XD
Yeah unfortunetely money buys pretty much everything here. I prefer socialism tbh. _______________________________________ Sig? where. There's no sig here. |

Raistlim
Deep Space Supplies Paxton Federation
|
Posted - 2008.09.25 19:11:00 -
[56]
Edited by: Raistlim on 25/09/2008 19:12:23 well... the OP could switch the language of the client to another language which he doesnt understand. problem solved.
|

Sai Renn
Leader Dogs For The Blind
|
Posted - 2008.09.25 23:51:00 -
[57]
Edited by: Sai Renn on 25/09/2008 23:55:46
Originally by: Stormwind Bloodfeather Edited by: Stormwind Bloodfeather on 17/09/2008 21:16:30
Originally by: Ghost hunter Sorry this isn't the fairy world where everything is crisp green and people flock through fields of eternal happiness?
Every ship you destroy in EVE is manned by people with the exception of capsuleer crewed Frigates. Blow up a battleship? Anywhere from 4000 to 7000 people just went down. Some may survive in escape pods, I'm not sure if that's valid though.
I have ran plenty of missions and it didn't bother me in the slightest, but the way these new missions are worded, and explained are seriously psychotic and lacking in any morals at all. I don't expect green grass and birds singing (i'd probably shoot the birds because they were disturbing my quiet), but these new missions are so seriously morally bankrupt that they stand out even to me as poor quality psychotic crap that should never have made it through QA.
Sam
Quote: I don't expect green grass and birds singing (i'd probably shoot the birds because they were disturbing my quiet), but these new missions are so seriously morally bankrupt that they stand out even to me as poor quality psychotic crap
Quote: I don't expect green grass and birds singing (i'd probably shoot the birds because they were disturbing my quiet)
...
psycho.
Please stop playing EVE you psychotic 8 year old future killer.
I had a mission to catch a slave for one of the heirs to the amarr thone. ends up that the slaves lover had broke her free or some such.
I felt bad afterwards.
Because one of my drones got destroyed :(
-----
|

Khlitouris RegusII
|
Posted - 2008.09.26 00:17:00 -
[58]
Originally by: Stormwind Bloodfeather Edited by: Stormwind Bloodfeather on 17/09/2008 21:16:30
Originally by: Ghost hunter Sorry this isn't the fairy world where everything is crisp green and people flock through fields of eternal happiness?
Every ship you destroy in EVE is manned by people with the exception of capsuleer crewed Frigates. Blow up a battleship? Anywhere from 4000 to 7000 people just went down. Some may survive in escape pods, I'm not sure if that's valid though.
I have ran plenty of missions and it didn't bother me in the slightest, but the way these new missions are worded, and explained are seriously psychotic and lacking in any morals at all. I don't expect green grass and birds singing (i'd probably shoot the birds because they were disturbing my quiet), but these new missions are so seriously morally bankrupt that they stand out even to me as poor quality psychotic crap that should never have made it through QA.
Sam
your playing the wrong game wow is that way----------->
|

Ferocious FeAr
THE FINAL STAND
|
Posted - 2008.09.26 03:16:00 -
[59]
Edited by: Ferocious FeAr on 26/09/2008 03:17:27
It's just a game, this is why gaming gets a bad rap at times. It's sensitive people like you that make a big deal out of nothing. I can understand now why people get gagged/petitioned so much in game. This game is catered to overgrown crybabies.
Sorry, I'm a bit sour right now. Some people just don't understand that they're playing a game. It's not like they are asking you to act this out in real life.
signature pic exceeds size limit.~Weatherman |

Something Awry
|
Posted - 2008.09.26 11:23:00 -
[60]
If you don't want to do kill missions, turn them down. If you want missions which involve you picking flowers, perhaps you're in the wrong game.
Bad things happen in wartime, and with FW, the Eve universe is at war. More often than not, those bad things are premeditated, whether they happen at Auschwitz or My Lai. As for "moral issues", you made your moral choice when you fitted weapons to your ship, and again when you accepted the kill mission.
|

Gypsio III
Dirty Filthy Perverts
|
Posted - 2008.09.26 13:17:00 -
[61]
Originally by: Mioelnir You certainly should not work on the pve-pirate side of eve.
I routinely smuggle biological weapons as level 4 courier missions. In storyline missions, I raided colonies. Blackmailed empire factions. Executed prisoners. In cosmos missions, I smuggled dolls loaded with explosives and delivered poisoned softdrinks to celebrities.
Damn, I didn't realise that missions could be... fun. 
|

fuze
Gallente Chosen Path Veritas Immortalis
|
Posted - 2008.09.26 13:59:00 -
[62]
It doesn't make sense when you make a PG rated game where swearing on forums is prohibited but yet you let players murder families and friends. What's next? Violate the damsel in distress?
I don't mind this sheer evilness but if CCP wants to make games for younger players they should consider revising this. |

Chibisuke
Gallente Children of Avalon
|
Posted - 2008.09.26 15:01:00 -
[63]
It seams some EVE Players don't know the basic concept of an RPG.
EVE is an MMO-RPG... Massive Multiplayer Online - Role Playing Game.
So it should not matter to you as a player if you are killing other players, farmers, familys, kids or whatever. You do not even see who is in this ship. You only see the ship.
For you as a player, this is a game, and thats it. The moment you press the quit button, you don't have to bother about it anymore.
I mean, thats only a computer game. what would you do when you where atending a LARP? attack the GMs with a real knife? In almost any RPGs your character is killing other characters or NPCs and sure my CHARACTER feels bad about it and stuff, but thats nother that would effect me as a player. For my character his world is real, for me, its a game. You need to learn this difference, and you shouldn't play any RPG, not online, not pen&paper, not larp, not tabletop, before you understood this concept.
btw. The Real life, is that one where you log in ones you go away from the computer. That one with the britty pictures and the realistic sounds. Yes That one where you only have 1 life.
|

Kristoffer
Amarr Invicta.
|
Posted - 2008.09.26 15:34:00 -
[64]
Seriously? You guys read the mission briefs? PVE is so lame in this game I can't believe you waste your time besides caring for the payout.
|

Ratsnake
MASS
|
Posted - 2008.09.26 22:58:00 -
[65]
its all part of the plan to make them awful...so you move to 0.0 and make your own missions
|

Merin Ryskin
Peregrine Industries
|
Posted - 2008.09.27 08:52:00 -
[66]
Originally by: fuze I don't mind this sheer evilness but if CCP wants to make games for younger players they should consider revising this.
Easy solution: CCP should not make games for younger players. The last thing I want in EVE is the same annoying kids that plague every other online game I've played.
|

Batolemaeus
Caldari Batolemaeus Corp
|
Posted - 2008.09.27 11:39:00 -
[67]
Originally by: Merin Ryskin
Easy solution: CCP should not make games for younger players. The last thing I want in EVE is the same annoying kids that plague every other online game I've played.
Did you ever play AOC? 
It's for a mature audience. It says so on the box!
Originally by: CCP Prism X In New Eden, EVE wins you.
|

Will Whitewiskers
|
Posted - 2008.09.28 06:50:00 -
[68]
Most of the posts i have seen here are meaningless as are the missions we all do in eve. They are redundant, unexciting, and over half the mission content is either nonfunctional or as these posts meaningless. Irregardless of individual comments we all do them as a way of venting making isks or trying to improve sec status in one form or another. Basically they are done with another goal in mind,so why not be happy play the game and get on with it? For every legitamate complaint there will always be a proponet and a detractor to that specific opinion. As far as morals go,this is a game if it is truly a reflection of you in rl then you have problems far greater than any here can help you with. As far as im concerned i respect your right to post a view and your ideas, i may not agree with them but i think ill live . Argo
|

Paskis Robinson
Cube Corp
|
Posted - 2008.09.29 01:45:00 -
[69]
*looks up from Grand Theft Auto 4*
What? Oh yeah. That's violent and bad, they shouldn't have missions like that.
*Drives over a pram..*
|

Countess Vanya
|
Posted - 2008.09.29 23:23:00 -
[70]
I think you are getting the term psychopath and psychotic confused. It is a common mistake, but the disorders are quite different.
Jusr for kicks though...
A man goes to the funeral of his brother. Whilst there he meets a beautiful young woman whom he finds attractive. A few weeks later he murders another brother. Why?
|

Crewman Jenkins
|
Posted - 2008.09.30 00:03:00 -
[71]
Originally by: Brigsby5987
Just remember that some of us are American by birth, not choice. I am personally agreeing with you 100%, and its also worth noting I am leaving the country about as quick as I can get a visa and permanent residence. (1-3 years)
Don't come back. |

SgtAriedeBeuker
|
Posted - 2008.09.30 11:23:00 -
[72]
Please add more xtravangaza styles, more blockade styles, more recon ones but remove the stupid toxic clouds, add some travel kill missions, for example move to system a, get bombs from transport, use them on building in area 2, get loot, move loot to system c, kill 5 incoming guards in system c, go back to system a, provide the reward to agent in system a, mission done
|

Murk Loar
Caldari Polytope
|
Posted - 2008.09.30 15:53:00 -
[73]
Originally by: Sai Renn
I felt bad afterwards.
Because one of my drones got destroyed :(
This made me lol.
And I say bring more of the darker missions and backstorys into play.Unfortunately Im one of those people that likes to read the eve chronicles,and some of the storys there are much much darker than the stated mission.But it keeps me interested,and helps plot my course of action in regards to factions and whether I stay lawful nuetral or chaotic evil with missions and agents.This in my opinion is why Eve is a much more mature mmorpg than any other out there (so far). No sugar coating in my ****pits please. |

Erhina Asseba
|
Posted - 2008.10.03 09:06:00 -
[74]
Originally by: Countess Vanya
A man goes to the funeral of his brother. Whilst there he meets a beautiful young woman whom he finds attractive. A few weeks later he murders another brother. Why?
To see the woman again...? Right?:D
|

B0rn2KiLL
Black Nova Corp Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2008.10.03 11:09:00 -
[75]
Haven't we been "killing" bad people for over 4 years now?
Agent: Go kill these pirates! Agent: Ahh, you have terminated those filthy vermin!
that's still person A killing Person B, imo OP disturbs me for not really caring about that major piece of information.
---
Originally by: Oveur It's important to understand that EVE is a "PvP" focused game
|

James Lyrus
Lyrus Associates The Star Fraction
|
Posted - 2008.10.03 17:38:00 -
[76]
I like this fact about missions.
Pod pilots _are_ psychotics. They're immortal and pretty much the very definition of 'cyber-psycho'. Transcendant, and therefore just don't care about 'normals'. -- Crane needs more grid 249km locking? |

Kadoes Khan
|
Posted - 2008.10.03 19:44:00 -
[77]
Quote:
A man goes to the funeral of his brother. Whilst there he meets a beautiful young woman whom he finds attractive. A few weeks later he murders another brother. Why?
To see the girl again!
...oh wait, I mean... I don't know! -=^=- "Someday the world will recognize the genius in my insanity." |

Ineun
Minmatar House An'geles Wildly Inappropriate.
|
Posted - 2008.10.05 23:27:00 -
[78]
Edited by: Ineun on 05/10/2008 23:27:07 if YOU dont want to **** 3 year olds , pillage old ladies handbags, rickroll jita, make kiddies eat parts of their parents, concord your freighter full of shuttles in jita,
and generally act liek a total spacebum in a **** filled egg,
why the **** do you play a game with the darkest damn backstory in the world,
now where did i put the lube that kid is getting annoying :) :) ohai i is your resident Socialist... |

Strill
|
Posted - 2008.10.06 00:10:00 -
[79]
Edited by: Strill on 06/10/2008 00:24:15
Originally by: Ineun why the **** do you play a game with the darkest damn backstory in the world
EVE most certainly does not have the darkest backstory in the world. Warhammer 40k does.
So go play the warhammer 40k mmo.
Features of Warhammer 40k:
- Rich people use children as ingredients for their youth potions.
- Entire planets are regularly wiped out due to rounding errors in tax returns.
- Thousands of people die every day just to power a navigational aid
- Hyperspace is infested with innumerable hordes of demons
- Swarms of alien bug monsters go around devouring all living creatures on a planet. They then suck out the planet's atmosphere, drain all its water, eat all its land, and suck all its geothermal heat out leaving it a cold dry rock.
|

Devian 666
Igneus Auctorita GoonSwarm
|
Posted - 2008.10.06 03:29:00 -
[80]
Edited by: Devian 666 on 06/10/2008 03:29:50
Originally by: Strill
- Rich people use children as ingredients for their youth potions.
- Entire planets are regularly wiped out due to rounding errors in tax returns.
- Thousands of people die every day just to power a navigational aid
- Hyperspace is infested with innumerable hordes of demons
- Swarms of alien bug monsters go around devouring all living creatures on a planet. They then suck out the planet's atmosphere, drain all its water, eat all its land, and suck all its geothermal heat out leaving it a cold dry rock.
I agree with your proposal to add these features to eve.
Gas harvesting should be done at planets (for starters). 
http://obeythekitten.com/ |

Murk Loar
Caldari Polytope
|
Posted - 2008.10.06 06:08:00 -
[81]
Originally by: Strill
EVE most certainly does not have the darkest backstory in the world. Warhammer 40k does.
So go play the warhammer 40k mmo.
Wait is that even out yet?I know the Warhammer Fantasy (read:lame) MMO has been out for a month or two but didn't realize the 40K shooty shooty one was out already. |

Emeline Cabernet
Amarr Amarr Border Defense Consortium Curatores Veritatis Alliance
|
Posted - 2008.10.06 11:38:00 -
[82]
Originally by: Stormwind Bloodfeather Edited by: Stormwind Bloodfeather on 17/09/2008 20:35:36 WHAT are you idiots thinking? New missions involving killing families, best friends etc? Missions telling you to fit a MWD and go do an airshow in a deadspace area (where mwd don't work, duh?).
What one of you idiots thought these up? and why haven't you been fired yet? Which one of you QA people let this crap through? And why haven't YOU been fired for it?
example...
Mission name: A New Venture - Rough Market (5 part mission)
Agent wants to put up a PoS you do a courier part (to pick up books) here and then he asks you to steal a PoS from a family of farmers. Blow them up to get 8 units of tools (which never drop even though mission completes), then you have to go kill mercs harrassing the station and the station vanishes, agent says "mercs blew up station" (station simply vanishes it doesn't blow up), so then he has you go kill a mom and her son while on a pleasure cruise ship... i.e. blow up the entire ship and everyone in it.
You people are idiots for even letting a mission type like that through Q&A. Just what are you even thinking? Are you high? Psychotic? or just plain stupid?
Your new missions that I have seen so far are just plain idiotic, psychotic, morally bankrupt and something I would expect to see coming from a game that caters to 8 yr old serial killers.
If this is the direction your going to take the game, tell me now so I can delete my characters, cancel my accounts ( I have 4, drop in the bucket to you but 60 bucks a month less) and go fishing.
Sincerely Samuel Selby
*edit NO you can't have my stuff.
stormwind bloodfeather, what kind of name is that really? fake blood on the feathers? ah no someones value's got offended. and hes throwing out idiots all over the place.
|

Pesadel0
Black Nova Corp Band of Brothers
|
Posted - 2008.10.06 14:28:00 -
[83]
Go back to wow if you want picking flowers.
And can i have your stuff? ------------------------------------------------------------------
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 :: [one page] |