| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

UD146326
|
Posted - 2008.10.13 15:25:00 -
[1]
CCP, some ppl like your bright nebulas but I think Eve should have more of a dark deep space feel. Also sometimes I can't tell if my modules are activated because of the bright background, so please if you could implement an option to turn off nebulas I would be grateful. Thank you for your time. (I'm watching Alien right now so this kinda inspired me to start this thread) Also Alien>Aliens>Alien:Res>Alien3
|

Terianna Eri
Amarr Scrutari
|
Posted - 2008.10.13 15:33:00 -
[2]
Fun fact: If you futz around with the map, like, say, close it as soon as you're undocking, you can sometimes get the game to screw up and not load the system background.
You have some problems with the camera (amount you can zoom is fubar'd, and reset camera doesn't work - you have to right-click, look at on your ship), but you actually see EVE with black space and just a starfield.
It's gorgeous. __________________________________
Originally by: Arthur Frayn How much to ruin all your holes, luv?
|

Abrazzar
|
Posted - 2008.10.13 15:34:00 -
[3]
Space is not black. It's full of stars.
-------- Ideas for: Mining
|

Jacob Mei
|
Posted - 2008.10.13 15:35:00 -
[4]
I kinda agree, its rather odd that conviently every solar system is in proximity to a local nebula. -------------------------------- To borrow a phrase:
Players who post are like stars, there are bright ones and those who are dim.
|

Lothris Andastar
|
Posted - 2008.10.13 15:48:00 -
[5]
Originally by: Jacob Mei I kinda agree, its rather odd that conviently every solar system is in proximity to a local nebula.
You do realise the eve "galaxy" is nothing more than a very packed cluster of stars and the nebula we see is more than likely the shared remnants of what created these thousands of stars?
Also, I believe the correct term is "Space of Afro-Caribbean Descent"
|

Kirra Liu
Gemini Industries Inc
|
Posted - 2008.10.13 15:52:00 -
[6]
Edited by: Kirra Liu on 13/10/2008 15:52:50
Originally by: Lothris Andastar
Also, I believe the correct term is "Space of Afro-Caribbean Descent"
Well beat me to a racial remark.
|

UD146326
|
Posted - 2008.10.13 15:56:00 -
[7]
By black space I mean just the starfield without nebulas.
|

Dr Caligo
|
Posted - 2008.10.13 16:01:00 -
[8]
I believe this has come up many times in the past. I for one disagree... more black space would suck. I like colorful nebulas, sounds in space and water like physics.
|

Seth Ruin
Minmatar Ominous Corp Ethereal Dawn
|
Posted - 2008.10.13 16:02:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Lothris Andastar Also, I believe the correct term is "Space of Afro-Caribbean Descent"
ITT: Segregation of star systems between "black" and "colored" systems.
Racism of star systems has been invented? >.>
|

Lothris Andastar
|
Posted - 2008.10.13 16:07:00 -
[10]
I am opposed to the segregation of coloured and non coloured star systems. All should be treated equal and with respect!
Except the Purple ones, they are weirdos.
|

UD146326
|
Posted - 2008.10.13 16:26:00 -
[11]
Originally by: Dr Caligo I believe this has come up many times in the past. I for one disagree... more black space would suck. I like colorful nebulas, sounds in space and water like physics.
omg...please don't post if you don't know how to read...I said make an option to remove cotton candy space.
|

UD146326
|
Posted - 2008.10.13 16:28:00 -
[12]
Originally by: Lothris Andastar I am opposed to the segregation of coloured and non coloured star systems. All should be treated equal and with respect!
Except the Purple ones, they are weirdos.
If your trying to be funny then type a funny joke...that was just stupid, please stop derailing my thread.
|

Abrazzar
|
Posted - 2008.10.13 16:35:00 -
[13]
Ideally CCP is putting some nebulae into the starmap and then calculate a background for the different star systems depending on their location in relation to the nebulae.
Of course this only has to be done once to generate the backgrounds and not continuously.
Doing so would keep a couple machines busy calculating for a while though...
-------- Ideas for: Mining
|

Mistress Frome
SniggWaffe
|
Posted - 2008.10.13 16:37:00 -
[14]
more space like the gallente part of black rise imo. dark blue background is nice. none of that bright ass orange yellow red shit blinding you every time you undock.
|

Terianna Eri
Amarr Scrutari
|
Posted - 2008.10.13 16:40:00 -
[15]
Originally by: UD146326
Originally by: Dr Caligo I believe this has come up many times in the past. I for one disagree... more black space would suck. I like colorful nebulas, sounds in space and water like physics.
omg...please don't post if you don't know how to read...I said make an option to remove cotton candy space.
No, space should look the same for each person. If you and I are both in a system, we should both see the same space. __________________________________
Originally by: Arthur Frayn How much to ruin all your holes, luv?
|

UD146326
|
Posted - 2008.10.13 16:45:00 -
[16]
Originally by: Terianna Eri
Originally by: UD146326
Originally by: Dr Caligo I believe this has come up many times in the past. I for one disagree... more black space would suck. I like colorful nebulas, sounds in space and water like physics.
omg...please don't post if you don't know how to read...I said make an option to remove cotton candy space.
No, space should look the same for each person. If you and I are both in a system, we should both see the same space.
We see the same space rtard it's just the nebulas that are missing durrrrr. Serously ppl if you don't have any good points please don't post. |

Andrea Griffin
|
Posted - 2008.10.13 16:46:00 -
[17]
I agree that there should be more black space; perhaps something as simple as not having the nebulae take up all of the skybox. At the very least, I would really appreciate it if the colors were toned down a bit to be darker - especially the greens and yellows. Keep the stars though. (o:
I'm one of those unfortunate colorblind people and it can be extremely difficult for me to determine if a module is on or off without rotating the camera to a darker spot. In certain missions and areas, there isn't one at all - this is not good.
I remember when I first started playing Eve - over a year ago, iirc - there was a thread about the graphics guys changing some of the HUD colors to be more friendly to us critters with misbehaving eyes. What ever happened to this? Even the +5 Ocular Implants, they do nothing. 
|

Haraldhardrade
Amarr Pax Amarr
|
Posted - 2008.10.13 16:46:00 -
[18]
Originally by: Abrazzar Space is not black. It's full of stars.
Wrong X 100000000000000000
Most of space (as in 99.99999999999%) is black void. You fail at space knowledge, and you fail this thread.
Abrazzar fails
Caveo of Minmatar , torva vacuus regimen of deus es plurrimi periculosus of bestia
|

Terianna Eri
Amarr Scrutari
|
Posted - 2008.10.13 16:46:00 -
[19]
Originally by: UD146326
Originally by: Terianna Eri
Originally by: UD146326
Originally by: Dr Caligo I believe this has come up many times in the past. I for one disagree... more black space would suck. I like colorful nebulas, sounds in space and water like physics.
omg...please don't post if you don't know how to read...I said make an option to remove cotton candy space.
No, space should look the same for each person. If you and I are both in a system, we should both see the same space.
We see the same space rtard it's just the nebulas that are missing durrrrr. Serously ppl if you don't have any good points please don't post.
Nebulas are part of the space background. I was posting constructively, you're just being a ****. __________________________________
Originally by: Arthur Frayn How much to ruin all your holes, luv?
|

UD146326
|
Posted - 2008.10.13 16:53:00 -
[20]
Originally by: Terianna Eri
Originally by: UD146326
Originally by: Terianna Eri
Originally by: UD146326
Originally by: Dr Caligo I believe this has come up many times in the past. I for one disagree... more black space would suck. I like colorful nebulas, sounds in space and water like physics.
omg...please don't post if you don't know how to read...I said make an option to remove cotton candy space.
No, space should look the same for each person. If you and I are both in a system, we should both see the same space.
We see the same space rtard it's just the nebulas that are missing durrrrr. Serously ppl if you don't have any good points please don't post.
Nebulas are part of the space background. I was posting constructively, you're just being a ****.
Thats like comparing the premium graphics client to the regular graphics client, If I'm using the premium graphics client then I'm not "seeing" the same thing as a person using the regualr graphics client so your point is dumb. We will all be seeing the starfield, all I was asking for was an option to turn off nebulas.
|

DeadRow
Mercenary Forces
|
Posted - 2008.10.13 17:00:00 -
[21]
I like the backgrounds, its the clouds in missions where you can't properly see if your mods are active that annoying me.
Norrin Ellis > What?! Boobs aren't inappropriate! They feed children! For God's sake, think of the children!
|

Guillame Herschel
Gallente Buffalo Soldiers
|
Posted - 2008.10.13 17:11:00 -
[22]
Edited by: Guillame Herschel on 13/10/2008 17:12:48 The garish colors seen in Hubble shots are the result of extensive post-processing to enhance the contrast and boost color saturation. If you were close up to the Orion Nebula, one of the brightest nearby nebulas, it would appear to be a faint greenish-grey. There isn't enough blue and red light to excite the cones in your eye. Those colors only show on long exposure images made with telescopes.
EVE's backstory says your view of your ship and its environment is supplied by a camera drone which presents a computer-enhanced view of space. If this is so, it's an even better argument for there to be an adjustment to the color saturation and brightness of nebula and planets. According to the backstory, what you're seeing isn't "real" anyway, so you should be able to adjust what is being shown you to suit your preferences.
-- The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then --
|

Poreuomai
Minmatar Mirkur Draug'Tyr Ushra'Khan
|
Posted - 2008.10.13 17:19:00 -
[23]
It would be nice if each region could have its own distinct background.
|

Dasalt Istgut
|
Posted - 2008.10.13 19:31:00 -
[24]
Originally by: UD146326
Originally by: Dr Caligo I believe this has come up many times in the past. I for one disagree... more black space would suck. I like colorful nebulas, sounds in space and water like physics.
omg...please don't post if you don't know how to read...I said make an option to remove cotton candy space.
/thread
completely agree. option please.
|

Tortun Nahme
Minmatar Umbra Synergy
|
Posted - 2008.10.13 19:33:00 -
[25]
SPACE IS MINMATAR!
Applebabe ate my signature :( but the fish hat forgives! Nemotology is the EvE religion of choice! |

ellie mayer
|
Posted - 2008.10.13 19:48:00 -
[26]
To the op,
You are wrong.
It's Alien......Aliens.............................................................................Alien3.................................Alien:res
Give or take a "." or two.
|

Neoptolomeus
Caldari Aquila Victrix DEFI4NT
|
Posted - 2008.10.13 19:51:00 -
[27]
Edited by: Neoptolomeus on 13/10/2008 19:51:30 i kinda agree with what you say, but tbh, i understand both arguments. A "colorful" background, with nebulas and such is nice because it "inserts" the player in the atmosphere of the game, which is high si-fi space.
But i agree with you when you talk about a black space. In my opinion, they could make 0.0 systems like that. It would give the sensation of a more hostile and dreadful place to be on. No nebulas, a few stars in the background, would give the right sensation that you are in a very "quiet" place, and in space, that means danger! lol
Anwyayz, something also that would be really cool would be making systems with TWO stars!! That would be awesome, and totally wierdo. Just like the "new eden" system, where the eve gate is located.
By the way, it's one of the most amazing systems in space. It's a MUST see for all eve players.
P.S.: I like purple stars. My gf is purple. (sorry, i HAD TO do it) Best Regards, Fly Safe, GodSpeed or Happy Hunting, Neoptolomeus |

Korto Vas
Amarr
|
Posted - 2008.10.13 19:56:00 -
[28]
Agree with the O.P. Nebulas are very pretty and all that, but it's always felt wrong to me for them to be in every single system I visit. And the 'not being able to see wether modules are active' is annyong also. Being able to turn off the nebulas would work well for everyone...
|

Neoptolomeus
Caldari Aquila Victrix DEFI4NT
|
Posted - 2008.10.13 19:57:00 -
[29]
Originally by: Poreuomai It would be nice if each region could have its own distinct background.
hum.... now that sounds like a interesting idea... i mean, if you check on the ship's description you ll see that all space background is the same for each race. (e.g. Caldari>blue, Amaar>yellow,Gallente>green,Minmatar>whatever) lol
Anyaywaz, that's quite a interesting idea, and also they could make that the low sec systems (0.1-0.4) have a "darker" color, like a 0.2 system in caldari space would be dark blue, or something like that.
Then in 0.0, it could be either a random set of colors, incluiding a system without nebulas. (of course, there ll be stars). --- Best Regards, Fly Safe, GodSpeed or Happy Hunting, Neoptolomeus |

Neoptolomeus
Caldari Aquila Victrix DEFI4NT
|
Posted - 2008.10.13 19:59:00 -
[30]
For those players having problems cheking if the modules are online or offline, just go to settings and select "widescreen" option... that will help A LOT.
Not only cheking the modules, but also cheking how much HP your targets have. --- Best Regards, Fly Safe, GodSpeed or Happy Hunting, Neoptolomeus |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |