Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: [1] :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s)
Udyr Vulpayne
Udyr Vulpayne

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2003.06.16 20:53:00 - [1]

i don't know if this has been suggested before (can't find search function for the board) but what about limiting the bounty one recieves for killing someone (pc-pirate) to the amount of isk said player had to pay for his current clone.

basic clone with heavy skill loss
=> bounty hunter gets the full bounty

advanced clone worth 500k isk
=> player gets 500k (or less if the bounty was lower than the clones value) and the new bounty is (old bounty)-500k

this way it doesn't pay of if a pirate gets a friend to kill him and share the bounty if his bounty is more than he needs to buy an advanced clone to prevent skill-loss

also players might be more willing to place a bounty upon pc-pirates if they know they're not paying the same pirat for killing them

unfortunately you don't get as much bounty for killing a pirate this way - but you could always come back to collect the rest of his bounty another time

if there's a flaw in this system please be so kind to enlighten me about it
Udyr Vulpayne
Udyr Vulpayne
Amarr
PIE Inc.

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2003.06.16 20:53:00 - [2]

i don't know if this has been suggested before (can't find search function for the board) but what about limiting the bounty one recieves for killing someone (pc-pirate) to the amount of isk said player had to pay for his current clone.

basic clone with heavy skill loss
=> bounty hunter gets the full bounty

advanced clone worth 500k isk
=> player gets 500k (or less if the bounty was lower than the clones value) and the new bounty is (old bounty)-500k

this way it doesn't pay of if a pirate gets a friend to kill him and share the bounty if his bounty is more than he needs to buy an advanced clone to prevent skill-loss

also players might be more willing to place a bounty upon pc-pirates if they know they're not paying the same pirat for killing them

unfortunately you don't get as much bounty for killing a pirate this way - but you could always come back to collect the rest of his bounty another time

if there's a flaw in this system please be so kind to enlighten me about it
Ruffles
Ruffles

Posted - 2003.06.17 15:43:00 - [3]

There is an easier option I think. There is a way to determine if you have a skill training on the same account already.

Disallow cash transfers from another character gained from killing someone else on another account from being transfered to that other account, or the corp that killed character was from.

Not that difficult a chunk of information to find out.

Even this way around, sending money from Account A via a dummy corp to Account B from which Account A made the money should be solveable, and prevent the bounty abuse. Prevent laundering, etc.
Ruffles
Ruffles

Posted - 2003.06.17 15:43:00 - [4]

There is an easier option I think. There is a way to determine if you have a skill training on the same account already.

Disallow cash transfers from another character gained from killing someone else on another account from being transfered to that other account, or the corp that killed character was from.

Not that difficult a chunk of information to find out.

Even this way around, sending money from Account A via a dummy corp to Account B from which Account A made the money should be solveable, and prevent the bounty abuse. Prevent laundering, etc.
Udyr Vulpayne
Udyr Vulpayne

Posted - 2003.06.17 17:34:00 - [5]

i don't believe blocking cash transfer is an effective way to prevent bounty abuse.

#1 you can easily circumvent it by giving the money to other chars first
#2 blocking cash transfer with the killed player or his entire corp has the disadvantage of preventing all kinds of trade with said player/corp.
Udyr Vulpayne
Udyr Vulpayne
Amarr
PIE Inc.

Posted - 2003.06.17 17:34:00 - [6]

i don't believe blocking cash transfer is an effective way to prevent bounty abuse.

#1 you can easily circumvent it by giving the money to other chars first
#2 blocking cash transfer with the killed player or his entire corp has the disadvantage of preventing all kinds of trade with said player/corp.
0o0Preatorian0o0
0o0Preatorian0o0
mUfFiN fAcToRy

Posted - 2006.12.08 11:11:00 - [7]

i think your a frackin retard. I thinkCCP's cerfed pirates enough you sorry sack of QuafeEmbarassed
Prescience
Prescience
Gallente
XERCORE

Posted - 2006.12.08 11:21:00 - [8]

WTH? Are you lookin to get a ban, dont flame like that.. You dont need to, you just end up looking like an idiot. Put arguments against it. Thats how ADULT discussion works.

WHO said EVE had to be FAIR??

James Duar
James Duar
Merch Industrial

Posted - 2006.12.08 11:34:00 - [9]

Give us personal effects which drop in someone's ship wreck if you're killed with a bounty on your head. The effects specify the size of ship, as well as contain its killmail and have to be turned in at a CONCORD station to collect the bounty. Upon the bounty being collected, anyone who has added to it gets an EVEmail containing both the killmail of the victim and the information regarding what was destroyed.

Because really, this is what we want to know. When you put a bounty on someone, you're really saying "please destroy an expensive ship and pod this person" - this way, we get to know it happened.

For bounty setters, their bounty amounts would thus be set with an addendum as to the size of the ship you want killed i.e. frigate, cruiser, battleship etc.
Octavinus Augustus
Octavinus Augustus

Posted - 2006.12.08 14:01:00 - [10]

Hey, a corp mate Very Happy

I'd solve the issue by a complete restructuring of the bounty system.

Imagine each NPC faction having bounty agents and giving bounty missions to pilots with sufficient corp standings.

You could then place a bounty on someone with an agent and the NPC corps could place bounties on people with low standings to their factions (I have -7 with Blood Raiders - I assume they would want me dead).

You can then accept a maximum of 3 active bounties and based on a new skill 3 more per level.

In Empire space, tracking devices would then be placed on jumpgates to monitor the movement of known criminals - letting your agent inform you of the location of your active quarries - if he's in space "friendly" to the agent. Such messages could be given to you in corp chat if you turn on that option.

When a quarry is podded, the bounty is nullified, and the payment is handed out to you provided you are on the kill mail and you have that target as an active target.

This would open up for a whole new range of career options for the dedicated PvP'er and also be quite fun for those of us involved in RP.

As for the dedicated pirates, I guess most would actually welcome having people come to look for them.
Ackuula
Ackuula

Posted - 2006.12.08 16:40:00 - [11]

Edited by: Ackuula on 08/12/2006 16:40:36
Why is everyone overlooking the obvious, there is already something in place to prove a kill. That is a corpse. It drops once you pod someone. Take the corpse in and cash it in.

They could get rid of the bounties all together and add an option in for contracts that puts out a buy order on a hated enemies corpse, which amounts to the same thing as a bounty avoiding all the bounty cheating.

"Ah I see that you killed the notorious Arsepirate6969 one hundred and eighty-three times. Here is your payment of 1 million isk per corpse."

No muss, no fuss, just lot's of dead pirates.
Sir Drake
Sir Drake

Posted - 2006.12.08 17:08:00 - [12]

How about bounty-payout being determined by the ship that got destroyed during the kill of the pirat?

Exampel:
a) Pirat with 300mil bounty on his head flying a Raven with an insurence-payout of 100mil (?) with platinum.
Pirat-hunter needs to get the ship kill-mail (at least listed on it) as well as the pod kill-mail to get the bounty.
Bounty-payout 100 mil (same as insurence value)
Pirat has now 200mil bounty left on his head.

b) Same pirat gets killed again flying a shuttel, payout would only be something like 10k.

That way the bounty system could no longer be abused without ISK getting burned.
To keep up the iniciative for the pirate hunters they could get a standing boost with concord or something like that.
-------------------------------------------------------
Sig was removed due to derogatory comments towards a group of people. -Karl Chroimcer

I like that. Very Happy
Mira deVorsha
Mira deVorsha

Posted - 2006.12.08 17:17:00 - [13]

Just give the pirate a title when they are killed like "***** Willow" or "I got owned by ....". Or have their ship turn pink.

Although some may like it.

AlphaOrion
AlphaOrion

Posted - 2006.12.08 19:31:00 - [14]

Here's a real simple solution that could be implemented almost completely within the existing in-game rules. Make the pirate pay a matching bounty + a percentage of the bounty based on security status to concord. The percentage would be based on a multiplier of security status.

Here's an example of how it would work. I pop a pirate with a 10M bounty on his head I get the 10M bounty. The pirate has to pay the same bounty to concord plus a percentage modifier. The modifier is -.10*Security status so people with -10 sec status pay double bounties to concord and people with +10 security status pay none. Everyone else pays somewhere between.

10M Bounty breakout examples on pirates with varying security status
Pirates Sec = -10, Hunter collects 10M, Pirate pays 10M + (-.10*-10*Bounty) = 20M to Concord.
Pirates Sec = -5, Hunter collects 10M, Pirate pays 10M + (-.10*-5*Bounty) = 15M to Concord.
Pirates Sec = -2.1, Hunter collects 10M, Pirate pays 10M + (-.10*-2.1*Bounty) = 12.1M to Concord.
Pirates Sec = 2, Hunter collects 10M, Pirate pays 10M + (-.10*2*Bounty) = 8M to Concord.
Pirates Sec = 10, Hunter collects 10M, Pirate pays 10M + (-.10*10*Bounty = Nothing to Concord.

Now, there's no longer any profitable way for a pirate to have a buddy kill him. His buddy might shoot him for the money (as any money loving pirate should), but even giving the whole bounty back to the pirate won't make him any money unless his security status is above 0.

An obvious question is what happens if a pirate can't cover his fees? There's a simple solution to this as well. A new "debtors" corporation is created and people who owe concord money but can't cover it are immediately removed from their corporations and placed in the "debtors" corporation. The debtors corporation has a tax rate of 50% and people can't leave until their debt is paid.

Since taxes, security status's, corporations, bounties and modifiers are already parts of the game this simple solution makes bounties really work well. Pirates can still exist but they'll need to be more crafty and cunning than today's simple bullies. This also puts the risk/reward ratio more in line with where pirates should be. Instead of preying on noobs fresh out of school, the pirates will be focused on high value targets which have enough value to cover their fees when they get popped. Noob pirates can still prey on other noob players but it would be more balanced.

One potential for abuse would be the ability to create indentured servants by placing large bounties on someone's head and then killing them (or having a friend kill them). This could be mitigated by giving the positive security status's more weight so it's easier to dodge the harassment if you're behaving.

That's what I would do if I were god...

-Alpha

Pages: [1] :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,11s, ref 20240328/2008
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.