| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Kelly O'Connor
|
Posted - 2004.07.09 13:44:00 -
[31]
I havent seen eye to eye with Shar a lot, but respect for taking the time to even try do this.
|

Kelly O'Connor
|
Posted - 2004.07.09 13:44:00 -
[32]
I havent seen eye to eye with Shar a lot, but respect for taking the time to even try do this.
|

Corin Raven
|
Posted - 2004.07.09 14:07:00 -
[33]
Aye, I think this deserves better respect.
-------------------------------
Proud Captain of the CRS Loki-II (Rupture Class) |

Corin Raven
|
Posted - 2004.07.09 14:07:00 -
[34]
Aye, I think this deserves better respect.
-------------------------------
Proud Captain of the CRS Loki-II (Rupture Class) |

Jexter
|
Posted - 2004.07.09 14:08:00 -
[35]
Originally by: Maud Dib Tbh the only way to stop this stuff is to permaban the worst offenders from the game. Not the forums, the game. Track the alts as well and kick them. Let's see if a few weeks of killing tinkle fairies or whatever in L2 make them a bit more civil.
Hear Hear.
|

Jexter
|
Posted - 2004.07.09 14:08:00 -
[36]
Originally by: Maud Dib Tbh the only way to stop this stuff is to permaban the worst offenders from the game. Not the forums, the game. Track the alts as well and kick them. Let's see if a few weeks of killing tinkle fairies or whatever in L2 make them a bit more civil.
Hear Hear.
|

Blacklight
|
Posted - 2004.07.09 14:15:00 -
[37]
Originally by: Maud Dib Tbh the only way to stop this stuff is to permaban the worst offenders from the game. Not the forums, the game. Track the alts as well and kick them. Let's see if a few weeks of killing tinkle fairies or whatever in L2 make them a bit more civil.
I quite agree. Some of these people just do not deserve to be part of this community.
As for people like Shar trying to give something positive and fun to the community like Eve Gaurdian and like these top 10 posts - DON'T LET THE IDIOTS STOP YOU! Keep it up please and let those people with enough sense to appreciate it still enjoy themselves.
Flamers and haters need to go and only CCP can sort that out because we clearly can't trust those individuals to police themselves.
Eve Blacklight Style
|

Blacklight
|
Posted - 2004.07.09 14:15:00 -
[38]
Originally by: Maud Dib Tbh the only way to stop this stuff is to permaban the worst offenders from the game. Not the forums, the game. Track the alts as well and kick them. Let's see if a few weeks of killing tinkle fairies or whatever in L2 make them a bit more civil.
I quite agree. Some of these people just do not deserve to be part of this community.
As for people like Shar trying to give something positive and fun to the community like Eve Gaurdian and like these top 10 posts - DON'T LET THE IDIOTS STOP YOU! Keep it up please and let those people with enough sense to appreciate it still enjoy themselves.
Flamers and haters need to go and only CCP can sort that out because we clearly can't trust those individuals to police themselves.
Eve Blacklight Style
|

Earthan
|
Posted - 2004.07.09 14:54:00 -
[39]
Originally by: Zhuge Liang In case anyone is wondering what all the fuss is about, what you see down there now are the cleaned up versions that have been locked.
I appreciate contributions to the community and this was a welcome break from all the flames that have come from the regional wars up North.
Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Flamers and trolls will be zhugefied on sight.
I have no idea where the hate comes from but you all need to stop it and remember this is a game called EVE.
zhugefied on sight. lol love it
Stars, stars like dust, all around me.... |

Earthan
|
Posted - 2004.07.09 14:54:00 -
[40]
Originally by: Zhuge Liang In case anyone is wondering what all the fuss is about, what you see down there now are the cleaned up versions that have been locked.
I appreciate contributions to the community and this was a welcome break from all the flames that have come from the regional wars up North.
Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Flamers and trolls will be zhugefied on sight.
I have no idea where the hate comes from but you all need to stop it and remember this is a game called EVE.
zhugefied on sight. lol love it
Stars, stars like dust, all around me.... |

Shar Tegral
|
Posted - 2004.07.09 14:55:00 -
[41]
Regarding the behavior in question I have only this to say. Tried to keep the hyperbole to a minimum but hey... it's one of the major tools in a writer's toolkit.
Regarding the lists, popularity, and what not. Eve Guardian does have it's own list. No matter what they publication there will always be "Editor's Pick". Many publications try to be fair by allowing the readers, the people, to also involve themselves in the process as well.
Often enough they do breakdown into popularity contests. But equally it creates the opportunity for some "unsung" heroes to be noted for their acheivements as well.
I am far from all knowing and so is the collective staff of Eve Guardian. And getting information is regularly a chore indeed.
So truly I =now= have a list of people worth looking at. Not just the Top 10, which I had hoped to interveiw each and everyone of them. But a rather lengthy list of 237 different people and groups to seek out and try to interview them. A grand list of the community's "who's-who" that we have never really had.
Futhermore, from the mouths of the veterans, who have been there and done that, we have the displaying of old histories, alleigances, and friends. Many of whom are no longer with us to speak for themselves.
From the mouths of the vibrant upstarts, those who are only just coming into their prime as pilots, sharing with us who rocks their world, inspires them, and is part and parcel of their "pop" culture.
This is a culmination of one of my personal goals when I joined Eve Guardian. To help to shine the light on those who are often not given enough credit. Be it from lack of knowledge by those of us who can do that or by the rampant use of the word "pirate", and other labels.
So truly, when I said that I had gotten what I was after... I meant it.
And a lesson to all that find their threads, their thoughts, being sullied by trolling and what not. It is far better to ask a mod to lock the thread then to watch as others destroy it.
It =is= my ball and if necessary I'll deflate the darned thing myself to keep someone else from twisting it beyond recognition. I will not let my efforts be co-opted for someone else's sick delights. You want to have someplace to air your foul mutterings... go make one becuase you will never have mine. Period.
Scorched earth is a horrible policy indeed. But sometimes it is the only graceful way to win even in the face of defeat. Eve Guardian - Former Reporter
|

Shar Tegral
|
Posted - 2004.07.09 14:55:00 -
[42]
Regarding the behavior in question I have only this to say. Tried to keep the hyperbole to a minimum but hey... it's one of the major tools in a writer's toolkit.
Regarding the lists, popularity, and what not. Eve Guardian does have it's own list. No matter what they publication there will always be "Editor's Pick". Many publications try to be fair by allowing the readers, the people, to also involve themselves in the process as well.
Often enough they do breakdown into popularity contests. But equally it creates the opportunity for some "unsung" heroes to be noted for their acheivements as well.
I am far from all knowing and so is the collective staff of Eve Guardian. And getting information is regularly a chore indeed.
So truly I =now= have a list of people worth looking at. Not just the Top 10, which I had hoped to interveiw each and everyone of them. But a rather lengthy list of 237 different people and groups to seek out and try to interview them. A grand list of the community's "who's-who" that we have never really had.
Futhermore, from the mouths of the veterans, who have been there and done that, we have the displaying of old histories, alleigances, and friends. Many of whom are no longer with us to speak for themselves.
From the mouths of the vibrant upstarts, those who are only just coming into their prime as pilots, sharing with us who rocks their world, inspires them, and is part and parcel of their "pop" culture.
This is a culmination of one of my personal goals when I joined Eve Guardian. To help to shine the light on those who are often not given enough credit. Be it from lack of knowledge by those of us who can do that or by the rampant use of the word "pirate", and other labels.
So truly, when I said that I had gotten what I was after... I meant it.
And a lesson to all that find their threads, their thoughts, being sullied by trolling and what not. It is far better to ask a mod to lock the thread then to watch as others destroy it.
It =is= my ball and if necessary I'll deflate the darned thing myself to keep someone else from twisting it beyond recognition. I will not let my efforts be co-opted for someone else's sick delights. You want to have someplace to air your foul mutterings... go make one becuase you will never have mine. Period.
Scorched earth is a horrible policy indeed. But sometimes it is the only graceful way to win even in the face of defeat. Eve Guardian - Former Reporter
|

LLeBRing
|
Posted - 2004.07.09 15:39:00 -
[43]
Edited by: LLeBRing on 09/07/2004 18:23:00 First off this idea was great and would be a great testamet to the people and corporation who had worked so hard to fullfill their desired roles in EVE. However a few things did go wrong and its a shame that most of the trolls got in.
There were many other corps however who have influenced EVE in this 1 year then some of those mentioned and i'm sad that they aren't on there.
BIG - Awesome guys and do so much for the EVE community and has had there influenced established since the begining of the game. More notably with their lottery that has even been the subject in the EVE storyline
Sinister - Enough said, these guys should be on it for all the pain and torment they caused the EVE universe

RUS - NUFF SAID!
Biomass Cartel - Come on, they were "disputably" the most feared and powerful single corp in the game during their time. They were M3G4, but newer, better, and with the same people. Every pirate who was a pirate wanted to be in Biomass Cartel. They single handedly, one corp, put such a hurting on the northern regions its ridiculous
There are a few more corps as well. I just feel its a shame that some of the current trolls are newer to the game and as such get a larger say in something like this.
Techell - Love them or hate them, they were the first to corner the market and still disputably are with their unbelievable uncanny ability to succeed in a world where so many exist. They were the first to have all BS original bp's (I believe anyway) and just dominated and influenced the game so much in the begining and still do to this day (although not as much) No offence to the newer corps on that list, but you really don't belong there.
I'm sorry that the newer members of EVE can't remember what shaped EVE to what it is today.
This is not a rant, but if I were to do the list again I would make the voting process last longer and would hope to see the following corps mentioned
TTI PIE Techell m0o Biomass Cartel(m3g4) Jericho Fraction RONA (Includes KIA, RONA-KIA, RONA Corporation) Omega Corp Xanadu BIG
and then you have corps like MASS, Celes, Reikoku, VOTF, and so many others that also currently shape the EVE Universe
I don't know, I just feel as if those who deserve more were cheated by newbie forum *****s...
The peoples one isn't bad, but peeps like Notferr and blacklight don't even compare to those that actually influence EVE like TankCEO and everyones love pirate, Drunkenmaster.
Gods, just seriously wished those who deserved it got actually had a chance!
Nuttin but corn bread en chicken for this fella  |

LLeBRing
|
Posted - 2004.07.09 15:39:00 -
[44]
Edited by: LLeBRing on 09/07/2004 18:23:00 First off this idea was great and would be a great testamet to the people and corporation who had worked so hard to fullfill their desired roles in EVE. However a few things did go wrong and its a shame that most of the trolls got in.
There were many other corps however who have influenced EVE in this 1 year then some of those mentioned and i'm sad that they aren't on there.
BIG - Awesome guys and do so much for the EVE community and has had there influenced established since the begining of the game. More notably with their lottery that has even been the subject in the EVE storyline
Sinister - Enough said, these guys should be on it for all the pain and torment they caused the EVE universe

RUS - NUFF SAID!
Biomass Cartel - Come on, they were "disputably" the most feared and powerful single corp in the game during their time. They were M3G4, but newer, better, and with the same people. Every pirate who was a pirate wanted to be in Biomass Cartel. They single handedly, one corp, put such a hurting on the northern regions its ridiculous
There are a few more corps as well. I just feel its a shame that some of the current trolls are newer to the game and as such get a larger say in something like this.
Techell - Love them or hate them, they were the first to corner the market and still disputably are with their unbelievable uncanny ability to succeed in a world where so many exist. They were the first to have all BS original bp's (I believe anyway) and just dominated and influenced the game so much in the begining and still do to this day (although not as much) No offence to the newer corps on that list, but you really don't belong there.
I'm sorry that the newer members of EVE can't remember what shaped EVE to what it is today.
This is not a rant, but if I were to do the list again I would make the voting process last longer and would hope to see the following corps mentioned
TTI PIE Techell m0o Biomass Cartel(m3g4) Jericho Fraction RONA (Includes KIA, RONA-KIA, RONA Corporation) Omega Corp Xanadu BIG
and then you have corps like MASS, Celes, Reikoku, VOTF, and so many others that also currently shape the EVE Universe
I don't know, I just feel as if those who deserve more were cheated by newbie forum *****s...
The peoples one isn't bad, but peeps like Notferr and blacklight don't even compare to those that actually influence EVE like TankCEO and everyones love pirate, Drunkenmaster.
Gods, just seriously wished those who deserved it got actually had a chance!
Nuttin but corn bread en chicken for this fella  |

Eris Discordia
|
Posted - 2004.07.09 15:51:00 -
[45]
If people think they could have done a better job, feel free to start your own election. I remember a while back ago someone would start a Corporation Recognition Test thread. It also attracked alot of flames at first but no one seemed to do a better job and later on the community left the threads along except for constructive comments.
Hopefully we can have that same mentality when it comes to EG elections. Or it can be posted in the Intergalactic Summit 
I ♥ my pink dreadnought of pwnage Mail [email protected] if you have any questions. |

Eris Discordia
|
Posted - 2004.07.09 15:51:00 -
[46]
If people think they could have done a better job, feel free to start your own election. I remember a while back ago someone would start a Corporation Recognition Test thread. It also attracked alot of flames at first but no one seemed to do a better job and later on the community left the threads along except for constructive comments.
Hopefully we can have that same mentality when it comes to EG elections. Or it can be posted in the Intergalactic Summit 
I ♥ my pink dreadnought of pwnage Mail [email protected] if you have any questions. |

Stavros
|
Posted - 2004.07.09 15:56:00 -
[47]
TBH this is a stupid idea and involves something of double standards. There have been many attempts to publish threads about whose corp is best, vote for favourite person, best pvp corp etc and what do they all have in common, oh thats right they all end in flame fest rubbish.
Yet yesterday the mods deamed it ok to allow like 10 of these threads to not only EXIST on the forums but to be stickied which I suppose is their perogative. HOWEVER to see people moan and winge with surprise when these threads degenerate into flame filled genital length wars is just AMAZING, I mean REALLY what did you expect? Haven't you ever SEEN one of these posts before?
Only way to solve it is either to completely stop free discussion and expression on the corp board or maybe to move it to the ig board but even then its a rather pointless excercise imho.
I think the mods should do the same thing they do with every other post of this ilk and just lock it and stop it running, they are a bad bad bad idea.
I am right.
Stavros --
"Keep On Flaming Lamers, Like Your Ships Did When We Ended You" |

Stavros
|
Posted - 2004.07.09 15:56:00 -
[48]
TBH this is a stupid idea and involves something of double standards. There have been many attempts to publish threads about whose corp is best, vote for favourite person, best pvp corp etc and what do they all have in common, oh thats right they all end in flame fest rubbish.
Yet yesterday the mods deamed it ok to allow like 10 of these threads to not only EXIST on the forums but to be stickied which I suppose is their perogative. HOWEVER to see people moan and winge with surprise when these threads degenerate into flame filled genital length wars is just AMAZING, I mean REALLY what did you expect? Haven't you ever SEEN one of these posts before?
Only way to solve it is either to completely stop free discussion and expression on the corp board or maybe to move it to the ig board but even then its a rather pointless excercise imho.
I think the mods should do the same thing they do with every other post of this ilk and just lock it and stop it running, they are a bad bad bad idea.
I am right.
Stavros --
"Keep On Flaming Lamers, Like Your Ships Did When We Ended You" |

Hardin
|
Posted - 2004.07.09 16:32:00 -
[49]
Stavros
I know you are just stirring once again which seems to be your speciality these days so I will keep this short.
Not all of these threads degenerate into flame filled rubbish - all you need to do is look back at some of Wren's Corporation Recognition test posts to see that.
If people make an effort then these thing CAN work. It was just sad that no one did in this case!
|

Hardin
|
Posted - 2004.07.09 16:32:00 -
[50]
Stavros
I know you are just stirring once again which seems to be your speciality these days so I will keep this short.
Not all of these threads degenerate into flame filled rubbish - all you need to do is look back at some of Wren's Corporation Recognition test posts to see that.
If people make an effort then these thing CAN work. It was just sad that no one did in this case!
|

Eris Discordia
|
Posted - 2004.07.09 17:14:00 -
[51]
The stickies were temporary stickies, and would have been unstuck the following day. They were stuck to keep it all in one place and not spread across 2 pages.
It is sad to see what happend and hopefully it won't happen again because people are free to have polls when it is within the forum rules.
I'm sure all parties learned a lesson or two and perhaps next time things will be different.
I ♥ my pink dreadnought of pwnage Mail [email protected] if you have any questions. |

Eris Discordia
|
Posted - 2004.07.09 17:14:00 -
[52]
The stickies were temporary stickies, and would have been unstuck the following day. They were stuck to keep it all in one place and not spread across 2 pages.
It is sad to see what happend and hopefully it won't happen again because people are free to have polls when it is within the forum rules.
I'm sure all parties learned a lesson or two and perhaps next time things will be different.
I ♥ my pink dreadnought of pwnage Mail [email protected] if you have any questions. |

Shar Tegral
|
Posted - 2004.07.09 17:22:00 -
[53]
Originally by: Eris Discordia I'm sure all parties learned a lesson or two and perhaps next time things will be different.
Sorry but the only relevant lessons learned are:
"It is easier to complain about someone else's work then to do any of your own."
"Anyone in a position that can be attacked, be it with force or insinuation and trolling, will be. That is the nature of Eve."
Not to say that I disagree, nor agree, with either solution. However I have the resources to not be phased by the difficulties. The same resources that many other have access to, and use.
Eve Guardian.
PS: The raw data is up on EG. Look it over if you like. The list shows all the so-called "forgotten" people. This list is also going to be a master plan for interview requests over the following months. Of course it can only be according to availability as well, in recognition of pilots that no longer grace us with their presence.
Eve Guardian - Former Reporter
|

Shar Tegral
|
Posted - 2004.07.09 17:22:00 -
[54]
Originally by: Eris Discordia I'm sure all parties learned a lesson or two and perhaps next time things will be different.
Sorry but the only relevant lessons learned are:
"It is easier to complain about someone else's work then to do any of your own."
"Anyone in a position that can be attacked, be it with force or insinuation and trolling, will be. That is the nature of Eve."
Not to say that I disagree, nor agree, with either solution. However I have the resources to not be phased by the difficulties. The same resources that many other have access to, and use.
Eve Guardian.
PS: The raw data is up on EG. Look it over if you like. The list shows all the so-called "forgotten" people. This list is also going to be a master plan for interview requests over the following months. Of course it can only be according to availability as well, in recognition of pilots that no longer grace us with their presence.
Eve Guardian - Former Reporter
|

KIAPieman
|
Posted - 2004.07.09 18:17:00 -
[55]
Edited by: KIAPieman on 09/07/2004 18:19:24 Edited by: KIAPieman on 09/07/2004 18:18:35 Well has anyone thought of writing a timeline history for the player stories of eve. it would be a hard task but imagine how much more enthralling it wold make it for the new players in the next year, to see the legends of all these events and think "wow i wish i was about when xyz happened" we have such a rich tapestry of history for this gameand we should celebrate it much much more. a lont time ago i wrote the history of venal. and a few others will have internal forums with news and posts about what has happened. come on guys and gals, lets get together and remenice of times past and friends lost --------------------------------------------------------
|

KIAPieman
|
Posted - 2004.07.09 18:17:00 -
[56]
Edited by: KIAPieman on 09/07/2004 18:19:24 Edited by: KIAPieman on 09/07/2004 18:18:35 Well has anyone thought of writing a timeline history for the player stories of eve. it would be a hard task but imagine how much more enthralling it wold make it for the new players in the next year, to see the legends of all these events and think "wow i wish i was about when xyz happened" we have such a rich tapestry of history for this gameand we should celebrate it much much more. a lont time ago i wrote the history of venal. and a few others will have internal forums with news and posts about what has happened. come on guys and gals, lets get together and remenice of times past and friends lost --------------------------------------------------------
|

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2004.07.09 18:48:00 -
[57]
Any list that had me in it wasn't worth posting anyway............

LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2004.07.09 18:48:00 -
[58]
Any list that had me in it wasn't worth posting anyway............

LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |

Rizmordan Hillgotlieb
|
Posted - 2004.07.09 18:52:00 -
[59]
Originally by: Maud Dib I have no idea what got said as I was asleep and I'm glad I was.
Tbh the only way to stop this stuff is to permaban the worst offenders from the game. Not the forums, the game. Track the alts as well and kick them. Let's see if a few weeks of killing tinkle fairies or whatever in L2 make them a bit more civil.
Bloody Fairies? 
Posting for Numbnutz |

Rizmordan Hillgotlieb
|
Posted - 2004.07.09 18:52:00 -
[60]
Originally by: Maud Dib I have no idea what got said as I was asleep and I'm glad I was.
Tbh the only way to stop this stuff is to permaban the worst offenders from the game. Not the forums, the game. Track the alts as well and kick them. Let's see if a few weeks of killing tinkle fairies or whatever in L2 make them a bit more civil.
Bloody Fairies? 
Posting for Numbnutz |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |