| Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Lady Spank
Genos Occidere HYDRA RELOADED
2078
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 00:22:00 -
[61] - Quote
I like how you can steal farmers leeks right from under their noses and then sell them back to them and receive "honest pay for honest work". (a¦á_a¦â) ~ http://getoutnastyface.blogspot.com/ ~ (a¦á_a¦â) |

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
5986
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 00:25:00 -
[62] - Quote
Lady Spank wrote:I like how you can steal farmers leeks right from under their noses and then sell them back to them and receive "honest pay for honest work". Honest pay? PffGǪ no-one would be into commodity trading if it paid that littleGǪ  GÇ£If you're not willing to fight for what you have in GëívGëí you don't deserve it, and you will lose it.GÇ¥
Find more rants over at Tippis' Rants. |

Kengutsi Akira
Ministry of War Amarr Empire
377
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 00:34:00 -
[63] - Quote
Tippia wrote:Lady Spank wrote:I like how you can steal farmers leeks right from under their noses and then sell them back to them and receive "honest pay for honest work". Honest pay? PffGǪ no-one would be into commodity trading if it paid that littleGǪ 
you really cant put "honest" to anything in this game with a straight face can you?
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=255722#post255722
My stance on WiS |

Soldarius
United Highsec Front The 99 Percent
199
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 01:59:00 -
[64] - Quote
While I agree with everything Tippia has posted, I would like to point out that it is possible to get what you want to a certain extent by right-clicking on the individual order and buying it from an individual station. You will always get your product at that station.
If the station is heavily populated, like Jita 4-4, it doesn't work so well. But for other less heavily populated stations, (nul-sec for example), it works just fine. "How do you kill that which has no life?" |

Adunh Slavy
Ammatar Trade Syndicate
579
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 02:02:00 -
[65] - Quote
Default behavior should be limit orders. |

Spy 21
Lonetrek Exploration and Salvage
38
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 02:03:00 -
[66] - Quote
Jeebus, I go away for a few hours and the crappy whine I posted about .01 ISK market trading has ballooned into a 4 page thread.
I don't know whether to laugh or apologize..
As I mentioned in my first post, I'm a former trader. I didn't mention that it was also my IRL career for a good number of years. The tiny increment undercutting of the cheapest offer has always been the primary tool of those who have absolutely no confidence in their ability to predict market movements. Which is at the heart of any true, long term success in that endeavor... whether that be in a game or in real life involving millions of dollars.
A successful trader will take a market position based on their opinion of future market values. There are many factors that enter into that opinion: the intrinsic value of the commodity, the expected supply and demand of the materials, competing markets etc. If the trader has judged correctly, he never needs to engage the .01 ISK game because he knows that the market, based on his solid research, will eventually come to him.
The thing about the .01 ISK trader is that they demonstrate zero knowledge of that or any confidence at all they have made a smart purchase in the particular item or commodity in the first place. Most of them think that what they paid for an item really makes one bit of difference in what they need to sell it at to be successful (when in reality it's the FUTURE value). No, the .01 ISK under-cutter simply feels the value of his goods is whatever the cheapest market order is, less .01 ISK.
The reason I don't like the .01 ISK game is that I have always associated it with a dumb computer program... well I find from the many responses here that I am probably wrong and there are quite a large number of traders out there who base thier entire market strategy on what their lowest priced competitor is doing.... less .01 ISK. (or +.01 ISK if you are buying)
No offense really, I think if that's what you need to do then go ahead and do it. It really does point out what I have always really known and that is that one of the largest ingredients of getting my price out an item is patience. I forgot that a bit today and thought it would be fun to rant about it a bit
So go ahead, let the cheapest seller tell you where to sell at... it doesn't matter how many .99, .98, .97 etc sellers there are... if the price is going up, it's going up.
For instance, over the weekend I stumbled across a seller of 5 Feroxes 2 jumps away from a market hub selling them at 30 mil. The cheapest offer in town was 42 mil so I went ahead and bought them and quickly moved them into the market hub. Having an opinion that the ship was worth about 35-38 million and heading higher, I put my first price at 41 million or so... a good million less than the next guy. Within 15 minutes, their were 2 orders at .01 and .02 ISK lower than mine, and soon a third at .03 ISK (no bots... right)... anyway, I dropped the offer 2 million to 39.5 mil.
Again, 10 minutes later 2, then 3 orders within .03 ISK... I then dropped it 5 more million to 34.5 mil.... the market stayed at that for a little while, then... the .01 ISK, .02 ISK and .03 ISK cheaper offers followed.... I then did one of my favorite things (since I felt the sell orders were now priced below my projected real worth of the ships), I raised my order back up to 39.5 million and forgot about it. All those other orders stayed in the 34 million ISK range because they just had to be the cheapest orders
The next day, I sold all 5 ships at 39.5 million
Anyway... none of that means anything other than if you are correct in your projections of market direction you don't need to be the cheapest seller all the time. The market will come to you if youre right
Or you can just be a bot
Thanks
S "The next time airport security tells you to put your hands over your head and hold that vulnerable position for seven seconds, ask yourself: Is this the posture of a free man?" |

Lady Spank
Genos Occidere HYDRA RELOADED
2078
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 04:19:00 -
[67] - Quote
I would like to sell some cheese to compliment your whine. (a¦á_a¦â) ~ http://getoutnastyface.blogspot.com/ ~ (a¦á_a¦â) |

Grumpymunky
Super Monkey Tribe of Danger
85
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 05:15:00 -
[68] - Quote
Lady Spank wrote:I would like to sell some cheese to compliment your whine. Selling the same cheese for .01 ISK less.
Post with your monkey. |

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe Goonswarm Federation
415
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 07:33:00 -
[69] - Quote
Lady Spank wrote:Maybe put up buy orders if market competition gets you so upset. Heh.
Well he'd get 0.01isked on the buy side by the competition as well. Usually people would be both buying and selling if there's a spread to be made.
Grumpymunky wrote:Lady Spank wrote:I would like to sell some cheese to compliment your whine. Selling the same cheese for .01 ISK less. Well played. Take all the tech Build all the titans Drop all the POSes
Bees incoming, nerf ERRYTHING ERRYDAY |

Isha Aylet
Federal Navy Academy Gallente Federation
0
|
Posted - 2012.04.11 09:25:00 -
[70] - Quote
Spy 21 wrote:Jeebus, I go away for a few hours and the crappy whine I posted about .01 ISK market trading has ballooned into a 4 page thread.
I don't know whether to laugh or apologize..
As I mentioned in my first post, I'm a former trader. I didn't mention that it was also my IRL career for a good number of years. The tiny increment undercutting of the cheapest offer has always been the primary tool of those who have absolutely no confidence in their ability to predict market movements. Which is at the heart of any true, long term success in that endeavor... whether that be in a game or in real life involving millions of dollars.
A successful trader will take a market position based on their opinion of future market values. There are many factors that enter into that opinion: the intrinsic value of the commodity, the expected supply and demand of the materials, competing markets etc. If the trader has judged correctly, he never needs to engage the .01 ISK game because he knows that the market, based on his solid research, will eventually come to him.
The thing about the .01 ISK trader is that they demonstrate zero knowledge of that or any confidence at all they have made a smart purchase in the particular item or commodity in the first place. Most of them think that what they paid for an item really makes one bit of difference in what they need to sell it at to be successful (when in reality it's the FUTURE value). No, the .01 ISK under-cutter simply feels the value of his goods is whatever the cheapest market order is, less .01 ISK.
The reason I don't like the .01 ISK game is that I have always associated it with a dumb computer program... well I find from the many responses here that I am probably wrong and there are quite a large number of traders out there who base thier entire market strategy on what their lowest priced competitor is doing.... less .01 ISK. (or +.01 ISK if you are buying)
No offense really, I think if that's what you need to do then go ahead and do it. It really does point out what I have always really known and that is that one of the largest ingredients of getting my price out an item is patience. I forgot that a bit today and thought it would be fun to rant about it a bit
So go ahead, let the cheapest seller tell you where to sell at... it doesn't matter how many .99, .98, .97 etc sellers there are... if the price is going up, it's going up.
For instance, over the weekend I stumbled across a seller of 5 Feroxes 2 jumps away from a market hub selling them at 30 mil. The cheapest offer in town was 42 mil so I went ahead and bought them and quickly moved them into the market hub. Having an opinion that the ship was worth about 35-38 million and heading higher, I put my first price at 41 million or so... a good million less than the next guy. Within 15 minutes, their were 2 orders at .01 and .02 ISK lower than mine, and soon a third at .03 ISK (no bots... right)... anyway, I dropped the offer 2 million to 39.5 mil.
Again, 10 minutes later 2, then 3 orders within .03 ISK... I then dropped it 5 more million to 34.5 mil.... the market stayed at that for a little while, then... the .01 ISK, .02 ISK and .03 ISK cheaper offers followed.... I then did one of my favorite things (since I felt the sell orders were now priced below my projected real worth of the ships), I raised my order back up to 39.5 million and forgot about it. All those other orders stayed in the 34 million ISK range because they just had to be the cheapest orders
The next day, I sold all 5 ships at 39.5 million
Anyway... none of that means anything other than if you are correct in your projections of market direction you don't need to be the cheapest seller all the time. The market will come to you if youre right
Or you can just be a bot
Thanks
S
Tbh these might not all be botters, I margin trade in station and 0.01isk undercut all day long; as long as the profit I make on an item stays around the 3-10% mark, after tax and fees (less for high volume stuff), i'm happy and will pretty much always go for the quicker sale (as re-investing the isk made is more important to me than waiting an extra day for item sales).
Just because you work differently doesn't mean your way is the right one and everyone else is wrong, different strokes for different folks and all that. |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 [3] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |