| Pages: [1] 2 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Lliandra
|
Posted - 2004.07.15 10:45:00 -
[1]
Edited by: Lliandra on 16/07/2004 23:23:36 Well, not actually EVE itself (off course) but I did manage to set up a nice application which will let you read the EVE News on your mobile phone.
to download it, use your phones WAP-browser to download it. Here's the link: http://evecentral.ractoc.com/EVENews.jad
I can't guarantee it will work on all phones, but here's a few pointers with which you can see if it would work on yours:
- your phone has to be able to use Java applications
- Samsung phone prior to the Samsung c100 will not be able to use it, even though they do support Java
If your phone confirms to both pointers above, I see no reason it whouldn't work.
Try it and let me know what you think of it. If this catches on, I might be able to set up other features as well. (other EVE-related news stream or maybe even completely different applications with a little help from CCP)
Lliandra aka. Ractoc Site Admin for EVE-Central |

Lliandra
|
Posted - 2004.07.15 10:45:00 -
[2]
Edited by: Lliandra on 16/07/2004 23:23:36 Well, not actually EVE itself (off course) but I did manage to set up a nice application which will let you read the EVE News on your mobile phone.
to download it, use your phones WAP-browser to download it. Here's the link: http://evecentral.ractoc.com/EVENews.jad
I can't guarantee it will work on all phones, but here's a few pointers with which you can see if it would work on yours:
- your phone has to be able to use Java applications
- Samsung phone prior to the Samsung c100 will not be able to use it, even though they do support Java
If your phone confirms to both pointers above, I see no reason it whouldn't work.
Try it and let me know what you think of it. If this catches on, I might be able to set up other features as well. (other EVE-related news stream or maybe even completely different applications with a little help from CCP)
Lliandra aka. Ractoc Site Admin for EVE-Central |

Total PSA
|
Posted - 2004.07.15 11:26:00 -
[3]
Good job!!
Works great on a Nokia 6230 
|

Total PSA
|
Posted - 2004.07.15 11:26:00 -
[4]
Good job!!
Works great on a Nokia 6230 
|

Lliandra
|
Posted - 2004.07.15 12:16:00 -
[5]
Thanx, to bad all the really interesting stuff (skill training etc.) isn't possible. since I need involvement from CCP for those Lliandra aka. Ractoc Site Admin for EVE-Central |

Lliandra
|
Posted - 2004.07.15 12:16:00 -
[6]
Thanx, to bad all the really interesting stuff (skill training etc.) isn't possible. since I need involvement from CCP for those Lliandra aka. Ractoc Site Admin for EVE-Central |

Admiral IceBlock
|
Posted - 2004.07.15 14:21:00 -
[7]
works on Nokia 3510i! 
"We brake for nobody"
|

Admiral IceBlock
|
Posted - 2004.07.15 14:21:00 -
[8]
works on Nokia 3510i! 
"We brake for nobody"
|

Admiral IceBlock
|
Posted - 2004.07.15 14:23:00 -
[9]
but one thing, after it has downloaded the news, does it still stay connected to the web?
"We brake for nobody"
|

Admiral IceBlock
|
Posted - 2004.07.15 14:23:00 -
[10]
but one thing, after it has downloaded the news, does it still stay connected to the web?
"We brake for nobody"
|

Avon
|
Posted - 2004.07.15 14:26:00 -
[11]
Works great on a Motorola v525. ______________________________________________
Never argue with idiots. They will just drag it down to their level, and then beat you through experience. |

Avon
|
Posted - 2004.07.15 14:26:00 -
[12]
Works great on a Motorola v525. ______________________________________________
Never argue with idiots. They will just drag it down to their level, and then beat you through experience. |

Magnet41
|
Posted - 2004.07.15 21:35:00 -
[13]
Nice one _
MadGaz > I just pwned an old lady
|

Magnet41
|
Posted - 2004.07.15 21:35:00 -
[14]
Nice one _
MadGaz > I just pwned an old lady
|

Lliandra
|
Posted - 2004.07.16 06:43:00 -
[15]
The connection to the web is made / maintained by the operating system, all my aplication does is ask the operating system to setup the connection. when you use GPRS, this is not a problem, since you onoly pay for the actual data being transfered, when you use a dail in connection, you can manually end it by pressing the same button you use when you hang up a conventional phonecall (usually the red phone symbol) Lliandra aka. Ractoc Site Admin for EVE-Central |

Lliandra
|
Posted - 2004.07.16 06:43:00 -
[16]
The connection to the web is made / maintained by the operating system, all my aplication does is ask the operating system to setup the connection. when you use GPRS, this is not a problem, since you onoly pay for the actual data being transfered, when you use a dail in connection, you can manually end it by pressing the same button you use when you hang up a conventional phonecall (usually the red phone symbol) Lliandra aka. Ractoc Site Admin for EVE-Central |

Drazic
|
Posted - 2004.07.16 06:57:00 -
[17]
yay many thanks for this one ! It works great in my nokia 7650 as well :)
______________
A member of MAZA Network - www.mazanet.gr |

Drazic
|
Posted - 2004.07.16 06:57:00 -
[18]
yay many thanks for this one ! It works great in my nokia 7650 as well :)
______________
A member of MAZA Network - www.mazanet.gr |

Lliandra
|
Posted - 2004.07.16 14:14:00 -
[19]
Hhmmzz.. looks like they added an XML feed with your characters skill list.... This is great news, since this means I can added that into the application as well. All you'd have to do is enter your char name and ID code, and I will be able to fetch your skill data... Then you would be able to check your skill training anywhere, anytime...
Nice for when you're visiting your parents/in-laws...
Quote: I'm sorry, I have to go home now, my skill training is almost complete
give me till monday, and I should have a working version. Would you like to have it in the smae application (this would mean a re-install) or as a seperate one?
Lliandra aka. Ractoc Site Admin for EVE-Central |

Lliandra
|
Posted - 2004.07.16 14:14:00 -
[20]
Hhmmzz.. looks like they added an XML feed with your characters skill list.... This is great news, since this means I can added that into the application as well. All you'd have to do is enter your char name and ID code, and I will be able to fetch your skill data... Then you would be able to check your skill training anywhere, anytime...
Nice for when you're visiting your parents/in-laws...
Quote: I'm sorry, I have to go home now, my skill training is almost complete
give me till monday, and I should have a working version. Would you like to have it in the smae application (this would mean a re-install) or as a seperate one?
Lliandra aka. Ractoc Site Admin for EVE-Central |

sutty
|
Posted - 2004.07.16 14:29:00 -
[21]
NICE. it works on the 3200, 7250i, 7210 and the sharp gx30
|

sutty
|
Posted - 2004.07.16 14:29:00 -
[22]
NICE. it works on the 3200, 7250i, 7210 and the sharp gx30
|

Stavros
|
Posted - 2004.07.16 14:52:00 -
[23]
Yah Sutty is an experet on mobile phones, look how many he owns (Wanna buy a phone? CHEAP AND ONLY ONE PREVIOUS UNCAREFUL OWNER)
Also cars he likes to partake of those as well.
He does all his nefarious activities to feed his dirty adictions for Rockports and drum and bass :((
Such a terrible shame tbh, although I blame where he lives.
Stavros --
"Keep On Flaming Lamers, Like Your Ships Did When We Ended You" |

Stavros
|
Posted - 2004.07.16 14:52:00 -
[24]
Yah Sutty is an experet on mobile phones, look how many he owns (Wanna buy a phone? CHEAP AND ONLY ONE PREVIOUS UNCAREFUL OWNER)
Also cars he likes to partake of those as well.
He does all his nefarious activities to feed his dirty adictions for Rockports and drum and bass :((
Such a terrible shame tbh, although I blame where he lives.
Stavros --
"Keep On Flaming Lamers, Like Your Ships Did When We Ended You" |

Sassinak
|
Posted - 2004.07.16 14:53:00 -
[25]
Originally by: Stavros Yah Sutty is an experet on mobile phones, look how many he owns (Wanna buy a phone? CHEAP AND ONLY ONE PREVIOUS UNCAREFUL OWNER)
Also cars he likes to partake of those as well.
He does all his nefarious activities to feed his dirty adictions for Rockports and drum and bass :((
Such a terrible shame tbh, although I blame where he lives.
Stavros
lmao Sass Arcane Technologies |

Sassinak
|
Posted - 2004.07.16 14:53:00 -
[26]
Originally by: Stavros Yah Sutty is an experet on mobile phones, look how many he owns (Wanna buy a phone? CHEAP AND ONLY ONE PREVIOUS UNCAREFUL OWNER)
Also cars he likes to partake of those as well.
He does all his nefarious activities to feed his dirty adictions for Rockports and drum and bass :((
Such a terrible shame tbh, although I blame where he lives.
Stavros
lmao Sass Arcane Technologies |

Lliandra
|
Posted - 2004.07.16 15:01:00 -
[27]
hehehe you should see the collection I got in my desk drawer at work... I work at a company which specializes in mobile phone applications (sms/mms/midlets) so we have just about any nokia/samsung/sonyericsson phone out there
Lliandra aka. Ractoc Site Admin for EVE-Central |

Lliandra
|
Posted - 2004.07.16 15:01:00 -
[28]
hehehe you should see the collection I got in my desk drawer at work... I work at a company which specializes in mobile phone applications (sms/mms/midlets) so we have just about any nokia/samsung/sonyericsson phone out there
Lliandra aka. Ractoc Site Admin for EVE-Central |

sutty
|
Posted - 2004.07.16 16:26:00 -
[29]
  die  
|

sutty
|
Posted - 2004.07.16 16:26:00 -
[30]
  die  
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |