| Pages: [1] 2 3 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

The Monk
|
Posted - 2004.07.28 19:14:00 -
[1]
Is it just me or have any other dial up users noticed that when you engage in PvP now no matter if it is just between you and 1 other ship you get up to 30 second lag??? Modules wont activate and you ship will warp back and forth very badly. Yet fighting NPCs or general traveling this bug doesnt occur??? Any feedback here? ----------------------- ╔╤╗╒╕╔╕║║/ ║│║╘╛║╘╝║\ ----------------------- |

The Monk
|
Posted - 2004.07.28 19:14:00 -
[2]
Is it just me or have any other dial up users noticed that when you engage in PvP now no matter if it is just between you and 1 other ship you get up to 30 second lag??? Modules wont activate and you ship will warp back and forth very badly. Yet fighting NPCs or general traveling this bug doesnt occur??? Any feedback here? ----------------------- ╔╤╗╒╕╔╕║║/ ║│║╘╛║╘╝║\ ----------------------- |

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2004.07.28 19:17:00 -
[3]
Linky
I know that synapse is on dial-up and he gets the same problem - perhaps recent changes to try and improve server performance have removed dial-up optimizations?
LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |

Joshua Calvert
|
Posted - 2004.07.28 19:17:00 -
[4]
Linky
I know that synapse is on dial-up and he gets the same problem - perhaps recent changes to try and improve server performance have removed dial-up optimizations?
LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! |

The Monk
|
Posted - 2004.07.28 19:20:00 -
[5]
Edited by: The Monk on 28/07/2004 19:27:53 Edited by: The Monk on 28/07/2004 19:22:37 I have talked to all CA members who have dial up all are having the same issue. It wasnt there before noticed it a few weeks ago and it hasnt gone away. Are CCP removing dial up access to EVE so to speak??? If so I best find a new game... Can we have some intel from a GM or something who might know a bit more about this issue?
Oh and thanks for the link josh in a way its nice to see I'm not the only one suffering here. Its usualy the case that the more people who suffer from these sorts of game hiccups the more likely they are to get fixed. At anyrate EVE is a tad unstable for PvP atm because of this issue and I expect I will be stuck to NPC hunting and most likely playing BF Vietnam, which leads me onto another issue with that game and punkbuster but I wont even go there  ----------------------- ╔╤╗╒╕╔╕║║/ ║│║╘╛║╘╝║\ ----------------------- |

The Monk
|
Posted - 2004.07.28 19:20:00 -
[6]
Edited by: The Monk on 28/07/2004 19:27:53 Edited by: The Monk on 28/07/2004 19:22:37 I have talked to all CA members who have dial up all are having the same issue. It wasnt there before noticed it a few weeks ago and it hasnt gone away. Are CCP removing dial up access to EVE so to speak??? If so I best find a new game... Can we have some intel from a GM or something who might know a bit more about this issue?
Oh and thanks for the link josh in a way its nice to see I'm not the only one suffering here. Its usualy the case that the more people who suffer from these sorts of game hiccups the more likely they are to get fixed. At anyrate EVE is a tad unstable for PvP atm because of this issue and I expect I will be stuck to NPC hunting and most likely playing BF Vietnam, which leads me onto another issue with that game and punkbuster but I wont even go there  ----------------------- ╔╤╗╒╕╔╕║║/ ║│║╘╛║╘╝║\ ----------------------- |

The Monk
|
Posted - 2004.07.28 19:34:00 -
[7]
I guess there arnt to many dial up users on the forums atm. Thanks for the responce anyway Josh. I will have to wait from a reply to my pettition to a GM on this issue. Didnt like the fact it could take up to a week for an answer by e-mail though. Had them not even reply in the past. ----------------------- ╔╤╗╒╕╔╕║║/ ║│║╘╛║╘╝║\ ----------------------- |

The Monk
|
Posted - 2004.07.28 19:34:00 -
[8]
I guess there arnt to many dial up users on the forums atm. Thanks for the responce anyway Josh. I will have to wait from a reply to my pettition to a GM on this issue. Didnt like the fact it could take up to a week for an answer by e-mail though. Had them not even reply in the past. ----------------------- ╔╤╗╒╕╔╕║║/ ║│║╘╛║╘╝║\ ----------------------- |

DedGuy
|
Posted - 2004.07.28 19:52:00 -
[9]
Indeed I have noticed that - except only with one dialup service. After my 200 hours free a month on the web, BT switch me to some crappy pay per minute service, and that lags me to ****.
Normal service is OK though.
I think....been a while since I've tested it.
*goes to find a random person to engage in pvp*
Rumors of my clones death are greatly exaggerated. But I am still INACTIVE
Millennium Elder |

DedGuy
|
Posted - 2004.07.28 19:52:00 -
[10]
Indeed I have noticed that - except only with one dialup service. After my 200 hours free a month on the web, BT switch me to some crappy pay per minute service, and that lags me to ****.
Normal service is OK though.
I think....been a while since I've tested it.
*goes to find a random person to engage in pvp*
Rumors of my clones death are greatly exaggerated. But I am still INACTIVE
Millennium Elder |

Darkcraft
|
Posted - 2004.07.28 20:18:00 -
[11]
I've mentioned it in various places, blog comments, csm threads, patch review, general discussion. Since the patch before last eve pvp has become unplayable. It's as if they replaced their dialup netcode with a spoon, i see no point upgrading my pc to try to improve performance when they've removed all ability to play via a modem through their latest patches. Makes me wonder why money is still being paid, no doubt i have my reasons. If anyone happens to find them feel free to escrow them to me - i'll be the one waiting for my modules to turn on, hoping i've still got a ship.
|

Darkcraft
|
Posted - 2004.07.28 20:18:00 -
[12]
I've mentioned it in various places, blog comments, csm threads, patch review, general discussion. Since the patch before last eve pvp has become unplayable. It's as if they replaced their dialup netcode with a spoon, i see no point upgrading my pc to try to improve performance when they've removed all ability to play via a modem through their latest patches. Makes me wonder why money is still being paid, no doubt i have my reasons. If anyone happens to find them feel free to escrow them to me - i'll be the one waiting for my modules to turn on, hoping i've still got a ship.
|

The Monk
|
Posted - 2004.07.28 21:55:00 -
[13]
Had a lucky escape earlier due to this bug. Started fighting a Scorpion in my Raven. locked him all went well until i tried to turn my two warp scramblers on then it all went t1ts up. Game started lagging BIG stylie took 30 seconds for my scramblers to activate in the end in which time another BS warped in on me and **** loads of frigs... I dont know how i mnaged to warp away but I did only just. This lag bug is very dangerous and im not even going to consider PvP until its fixed... Any word from a dev yet? ----------------------- ╔╤╗╒╕╔╕║║/ ║│║╘╛║╘╝║\ ----------------------- |

The Monk
|
Posted - 2004.07.28 21:55:00 -
[14]
Had a lucky escape earlier due to this bug. Started fighting a Scorpion in my Raven. locked him all went well until i tried to turn my two warp scramblers on then it all went t1ts up. Game started lagging BIG stylie took 30 seconds for my scramblers to activate in the end in which time another BS warped in on me and **** loads of frigs... I dont know how i mnaged to warp away but I did only just. This lag bug is very dangerous and im not even going to consider PvP until its fixed... Any word from a dev yet? ----------------------- ╔╤╗╒╕╔╕║║/ ║│║╘╛║╘╝║\ ----------------------- |

Mei Mei
|
Posted - 2004.07.28 21:57:00 -
[15]
I feel so sorry for all you that have dial up. Its so sad....
I hope highspeed is made available to you... ------------------------------ Homer: Don't you have school? Bart: Don't you have work? Homer: Touche ------------------------------ |

Mei Mei
|
Posted - 2004.07.28 21:57:00 -
[16]
I feel so sorry for all you that have dial up. Its so sad....
I hope highspeed is made available to you... ------------------------------ Homer: Don't you have school? Bart: Don't you have work? Homer: Touche ------------------------------ |

The Monk
|
Posted - 2004.07.28 22:06:00 -
[17]
Broadband would be nice but its unavailable in my area and besides its not the point. my ISDN 64k worked fine before with this game until something was changed related to the games net transfer speed and now I lag as soon as i enable a module on a target. I dont know what is causing the bug all I know is its giving Dial Up users a lot of grief. Needs to be sorted asap imho ----------------------- ╔╤╗╒╕╔╕║║/ ║│║╘╛║╘╝║\ ----------------------- |

The Monk
|
Posted - 2004.07.28 22:06:00 -
[18]
Broadband would be nice but its unavailable in my area and besides its not the point. my ISDN 64k worked fine before with this game until something was changed related to the games net transfer speed and now I lag as soon as i enable a module on a target. I dont know what is causing the bug all I know is its giving Dial Up users a lot of grief. Needs to be sorted asap imho ----------------------- ╔╤╗╒╕╔╕║║/ ║│║╘╛║╘╝║\ ----------------------- |

The Colonel
|
Posted - 2004.07.28 22:20:00 -
[19]
Edited by: The Colonel on 28/07/2004 22:27:45 I get this too.
Forum |

The Colonel
|
Posted - 2004.07.28 22:20:00 -
[20]
Edited by: The Colonel on 28/07/2004 22:27:45 I get this too.
Forum |

Qwakrz
|
Posted - 2004.07.28 23:00:00 -
[21]
Before you start complaining, try the following
Goto a command prompt (start > run > command or cmd under xp) and type
tracert 166.63.214.198
If you get 0-30ms then WOW... Broadband speeds 100-150ms.... Slow but ok over 200-400ms is dialup area (56k modems have slow transfer rates) over 400ms.. Problems.
If they are within the first few hops then it is your ISP that has the slow link and is probably overloaded with other users.
Here are mine for 23:53pm(UK) 28/07/04
Tracing route to 166.63.214.198 over a maximum of 30 hops
1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms server [192.168.0.1] 2 24 ms 19 ms 19 ms lon1-adsl1.nildram.net [195.149.20.11] 3 20 ms 26 ms 22 ms lon1-9.nildram.net [213.208.106.194] 4 20 ms 20 ms 20 ms lon1-11.nildram.net [195.149.20.137] 5 19 ms 21 ms 22 ms 0125.ge-0-0-0.gbr1.ltn.nac.net [64.21.115.61] 6 22 ms 21 ms 21 ms ge-2-1-0-zpr1.lnt.cw.net [195.66.224.182] 7 20 ms 20 ms 19 ms ge-2-0-0-zcr1.lnt.cw.net [166.63.222.145] 8 21 ms 19 ms 20 ms 206.24.194.82 9 22 ms 21 ms 21 ms iar2.tsd.cw.net [166.63.210.23] 10 21 ms 19 ms 21 ms iceland-telecom1.tsd.cw.net [166.63.214.198]
That number 10 is the last hop that responds and from there it feeds CCP servers.
As you can see from the logs, I dont suffer lag when playing eve. I would suggest you run the tracert at the normal time you would play eve, not at some weird time like 5am.
|

Qwakrz
|
Posted - 2004.07.28 23:00:00 -
[22]
Before you start complaining, try the following
Goto a command prompt (start > run > command or cmd under xp) and type
tracert 166.63.214.198
If you get 0-30ms then WOW... Broadband speeds 100-150ms.... Slow but ok over 200-400ms is dialup area (56k modems have slow transfer rates) over 400ms.. Problems.
If they are within the first few hops then it is your ISP that has the slow link and is probably overloaded with other users.
Here are mine for 23:53pm(UK) 28/07/04
Tracing route to 166.63.214.198 over a maximum of 30 hops
1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms server [192.168.0.1] 2 24 ms 19 ms 19 ms lon1-adsl1.nildram.net [195.149.20.11] 3 20 ms 26 ms 22 ms lon1-9.nildram.net [213.208.106.194] 4 20 ms 20 ms 20 ms lon1-11.nildram.net [195.149.20.137] 5 19 ms 21 ms 22 ms 0125.ge-0-0-0.gbr1.ltn.nac.net [64.21.115.61] 6 22 ms 21 ms 21 ms ge-2-1-0-zpr1.lnt.cw.net [195.66.224.182] 7 20 ms 20 ms 19 ms ge-2-0-0-zcr1.lnt.cw.net [166.63.222.145] 8 21 ms 19 ms 20 ms 206.24.194.82 9 22 ms 21 ms 21 ms iar2.tsd.cw.net [166.63.210.23] 10 21 ms 19 ms 21 ms iceland-telecom1.tsd.cw.net [166.63.214.198]
That number 10 is the last hop that responds and from there it feeds CCP servers.
As you can see from the logs, I dont suffer lag when playing eve. I would suggest you run the tracert at the normal time you would play eve, not at some weird time like 5am.
|

Da3sd3mona
|
Posted - 2004.07.28 23:07:00 -
[23]
I heard that dial up causes herpes ----------------------------------- "Political Correctness, the illegitimate step-child of liberalism, is cultlike in its establishment of correct speech. This is what cults do...they prohibit certain words and discussion of certain topics."
|

Da3sd3mona
|
Posted - 2004.07.28 23:07:00 -
[24]
I heard that dial up causes herpes ----------------------------------- "Political Correctness, the illegitimate step-child of liberalism, is cultlike in its establishment of correct speech. This is what cults do...they prohibit certain words and discussion of certain topics."
|

Tenacha Khan
|
Posted - 2004.07.30 01:29:00 -
[25]
Originally by: Qwakrz Before you start complaining, try the following
Goto a command prompt (start > run > command or cmd under xp) and type
tracert 166.63.214.198
If you get 0-30ms then WOW... Broadband speeds 100-150ms.... Slow but ok over 200-400ms is dialup area (56k modems have slow transfer rates) over 400ms.. Problems.
If they are within the first few hops then it is your ISP that has the slow link and is probably overloaded with other users.
Here are mine for 23:53pm(UK) 28/07/04
Tracing route to 166.63.214.198 over a maximum of 30 hops
1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms server [192.168.0.1] 2 24 ms 19 ms 19 ms lon1-adsl1.nildram.net [195.149.20.11] 3 20 ms 26 ms 22 ms lon1-9.nildram.net [213.208.106.194] 4 20 ms 20 ms 20 ms lon1-11.nildram.net [195.149.20.137] 5 19 ms 21 ms 22 ms 0125.ge-0-0-0.gbr1.ltn.nac.net [64.21.115.61] 6 22 ms 21 ms 21 ms ge-2-1-0-zpr1.lnt.cw.net [195.66.224.182] 7 20 ms 20 ms 19 ms ge-2-0-0-zcr1.lnt.cw.net [166.63.222.145] 8 21 ms 19 ms 20 ms 206.24.194.82 9 22 ms 21 ms 21 ms iar2.tsd.cw.net [166.63.210.23] 10 21 ms 19 ms 21 ms iceland-telecom1.tsd.cw.net [166.63.214.198]
That number 10 is the last hop that responds and from there it feeds CCP servers.
As you can see from the logs, I dont suffer lag when playing eve. I would suggest you run the tracert at the normal time you would play eve, not at some weird time like 5am.
I never had this lag problem before the mwd signature change patch. But i lag for like 2-3mins
My corpmate nafri has these problems too
|

Tenacha Khan
|
Posted - 2004.07.30 01:29:00 -
[26]
Originally by: Qwakrz Before you start complaining, try the following
Goto a command prompt (start > run > command or cmd under xp) and type
tracert 166.63.214.198
If you get 0-30ms then WOW... Broadband speeds 100-150ms.... Slow but ok over 200-400ms is dialup area (56k modems have slow transfer rates) over 400ms.. Problems.
If they are within the first few hops then it is your ISP that has the slow link and is probably overloaded with other users.
Here are mine for 23:53pm(UK) 28/07/04
Tracing route to 166.63.214.198 over a maximum of 30 hops
1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms server [192.168.0.1] 2 24 ms 19 ms 19 ms lon1-adsl1.nildram.net [195.149.20.11] 3 20 ms 26 ms 22 ms lon1-9.nildram.net [213.208.106.194] 4 20 ms 20 ms 20 ms lon1-11.nildram.net [195.149.20.137] 5 19 ms 21 ms 22 ms 0125.ge-0-0-0.gbr1.ltn.nac.net [64.21.115.61] 6 22 ms 21 ms 21 ms ge-2-1-0-zpr1.lnt.cw.net [195.66.224.182] 7 20 ms 20 ms 19 ms ge-2-0-0-zcr1.lnt.cw.net [166.63.222.145] 8 21 ms 19 ms 20 ms 206.24.194.82 9 22 ms 21 ms 21 ms iar2.tsd.cw.net [166.63.210.23] 10 21 ms 19 ms 21 ms iceland-telecom1.tsd.cw.net [166.63.214.198]
That number 10 is the last hop that responds and from there it feeds CCP servers.
As you can see from the logs, I dont suffer lag when playing eve. I would suggest you run the tracert at the normal time you would play eve, not at some weird time like 5am.
I never had this lag problem before the mwd signature change patch. But i lag for like 2-3mins
My corpmate nafri has these problems too
|

Inanna Sumer
|
Posted - 2004.07.30 01:56:00 -
[27]
even if you do ping relatively well, don't forget latency != bandwidth
if CCP have started pushing more information out to the client following warp, it could be that his dialup link is getting saturated, if you can, try to run some software to monitor your bandwidth usage such as NetPerSec (search for it on google), and if you run windowed or lucky enough to have dual monitors, keep it open where you can see it and watch to see if you're maxing out your bandwidth as the lag comes...
|

Inanna Sumer
|
Posted - 2004.07.30 01:56:00 -
[28]
even if you do ping relatively well, don't forget latency != bandwidth
if CCP have started pushing more information out to the client following warp, it could be that his dialup link is getting saturated, if you can, try to run some software to monitor your bandwidth usage such as NetPerSec (search for it on google), and if you run windowed or lucky enough to have dual monitors, keep it open where you can see it and watch to see if you're maxing out your bandwidth as the lag comes...
|

Rogue Moon
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 22:20:00 -
[29]
Edited by: Rogue Moon on 31/07/2004 22:22:03 Tracing route to iceland-telecom1.tsd.cw.net [166.63.214.198] over a maximum of 30 hops:
1 123 ms 120 ms 118 ms xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 2 122 ms 118 ms 125 ms community-r6-fe0-2.gw.more.net [xxx.xxx.xx.xxx]
3 123 ms 121 ms 126 ms sl-r10-01-atm2-0-3-186.mo.more.net [150.199.145. 85] 4 128 ms 180 ms 148 ms sl-r12-01-pos7-0.mo.more.net [150.199.7.41] 5 125 ms 146 ms 158 ms sl-gw9-kc-0-1.sprintlink.net [160.81.75.217] 6 125 ms 129 ms 141 ms sl-bb21-kc-1-0.sprintlink.net [144.232.23.65] 7 131 ms 133 ms 136 ms sl-bb26-fw-13-0.sprintlink.net [144.232.8.63] 8 138 ms 138 ms 144 ms sl-bb23-fw-12-0.sprintlink.net [144.232.11.41] 9 136 ms 205 ms 129 ms sl-bb21-fw-13-0.sprintlink.net [144.232.11.245]
10 141 ms 148 ms 148 ms acr2-so-2-0-0.Dallas.savvis.net [208.172.129.201 ] 11 153 ms 155 ms 148 ms dcr2-as1-0.Dallas.savvis.net [208.172.131.57] 12 179 ms 171 ms 212 ms dcr1-loopback.Washington.savvis.net [206.24.226. 99] 13 208 ms 202 ms 182 ms cable-and-wireless-americas-operations.Washingto n.savvis.net [206.24.238.18] 14 230 ms 182 ms 179 ms so-7-0-0-dcr1.nyk.cw.net [195.2.3.2] 15 294 ms 274 ms 266 ms bcr1.tsd.cw.net [166.63.210.61] 16 1511 ms 266 ms 251 ms 206.24.168.101 17 259 ms 267 ms 252 ms iceland-telecom1.tsd.cw.net [166.63.214.198]
Trace complete.
i see a 1.5 second bump in the road there
|

Rogue Moon
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 22:20:00 -
[30]
Edited by: Rogue Moon on 31/07/2004 22:22:03 Tracing route to iceland-telecom1.tsd.cw.net [166.63.214.198] over a maximum of 30 hops:
1 123 ms 120 ms 118 ms xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 2 122 ms 118 ms 125 ms community-r6-fe0-2.gw.more.net [xxx.xxx.xx.xxx]
3 123 ms 121 ms 126 ms sl-r10-01-atm2-0-3-186.mo.more.net [150.199.145. 85] 4 128 ms 180 ms 148 ms sl-r12-01-pos7-0.mo.more.net [150.199.7.41] 5 125 ms 146 ms 158 ms sl-gw9-kc-0-1.sprintlink.net [160.81.75.217] 6 125 ms 129 ms 141 ms sl-bb21-kc-1-0.sprintlink.net [144.232.23.65] 7 131 ms 133 ms 136 ms sl-bb26-fw-13-0.sprintlink.net [144.232.8.63] 8 138 ms 138 ms 144 ms sl-bb23-fw-12-0.sprintlink.net [144.232.11.41] 9 136 ms 205 ms 129 ms sl-bb21-fw-13-0.sprintlink.net [144.232.11.245]
10 141 ms 148 ms 148 ms acr2-so-2-0-0.Dallas.savvis.net [208.172.129.201 ] 11 153 ms 155 ms 148 ms dcr2-as1-0.Dallas.savvis.net [208.172.131.57] 12 179 ms 171 ms 212 ms dcr1-loopback.Washington.savvis.net [206.24.226. 99] 13 208 ms 202 ms 182 ms cable-and-wireless-americas-operations.Washingto n.savvis.net [206.24.238.18] 14 230 ms 182 ms 179 ms so-7-0-0-dcr1.nyk.cw.net [195.2.3.2] 15 294 ms 274 ms 266 ms bcr1.tsd.cw.net [166.63.210.61] 16 1511 ms 266 ms 251 ms 206.24.168.101 17 259 ms 267 ms 252 ms iceland-telecom1.tsd.cw.net [166.63.214.198]
Trace complete.
i see a 1.5 second bump in the road there
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 3 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |