| Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Jaydom
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 06:01:00 -
[31]
Dessy's will help this..its just i hope they dont have the insane skill requirements to fly them. Cruiser 5, some inane skill 5..ect.
|

Jaydom
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 06:01:00 -
[32]
Dessy's will help this..its just i hope they dont have the insane skill requirements to fly them. Cruiser 5, some inane skill 5..ect.
|

Cutter John
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 06:36:00 -
[33]
the frig pilots are saying that the 10mn AB nerf will completely gimp frigs and everyone will fly bs again.. the bs pilots say that the drones nerf will make bs useless and everyone will fly frigs.. i'd say that pretty much balances out . look at the larger picture sometimes.. then sit back and watch the fools reveal themselves
My Idea Thread Give Drones Love! |

Cutter John
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 06:36:00 -
[34]
the frig pilots are saying that the 10mn AB nerf will completely gimp frigs and everyone will fly bs again.. the bs pilots say that the drones nerf will make bs useless and everyone will fly frigs.. i'd say that pretty much balances out . look at the larger picture sometimes.. then sit back and watch the fools reveal themselves
My Idea Thread Give Drones Love! |

Sabine Borgia
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 08:07:00 -
[35]
Originally by: Dao 2 oh yes i think the 2 new classes are fleet oriented (especially the destroyers) and im saying this is a good thing (as a solo freelancer cause thats what i am >< and of course im a miner ;p) its just making it harder for solo ppl unless they real experienced which i think is more of a challenge and real good ><
well that makes it once harder for new players to come into game since ccp nerfs the solo part then its get a corp or better leave eve well not good i think it will scare away alot of guys who enjoi to be the loone spacewolf hunting npcs or whatever.
|

Sabine Borgia
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 08:07:00 -
[36]
Originally by: Dao 2 oh yes i think the 2 new classes are fleet oriented (especially the destroyers) and im saying this is a good thing (as a solo freelancer cause thats what i am >< and of course im a miner ;p) its just making it harder for solo ppl unless they real experienced which i think is more of a challenge and real good ><
well that makes it once harder for new players to come into game since ccp nerfs the solo part then its get a corp or better leave eve well not good i think it will scare away alot of guys who enjoi to be the loone spacewolf hunting npcs or whatever.
|

Elfman
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 09:00:00 -
[37]
The way I deal with elite frigs in 0.0 spawns in my old tempest was by fitting a webber and a large smart bomb.
The elites cant really hurt you so blow the BS and cruisers up then web and sb' each elite or wait 10 mins and they get bored and fly off :)
For pvp there's lots of solutions if you are in a fleet so...
|

Elfman
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 09:00:00 -
[38]
The way I deal with elite frigs in 0.0 spawns in my old tempest was by fitting a webber and a large smart bomb.
The elites cant really hurt you so blow the BS and cruisers up then web and sb' each elite or wait 10 mins and they get bored and fly off :)
For pvp there's lots of solutions if you are in a fleet so...
|

An Imal
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 09:22:00 -
[39]
I am a frigate pilot and I very much like the drone changes. Well of course I do, cause they work in my favour :)
When I'm in my rifter and I jump a cruiser solo there are two possible outcomes from the fight. He doesn't use or deploy drones and and probably I win or he's using drones or missiles and I lose. It's pretty much as simple as that. Orbiting in a fast frigate at 500 meters and no turrets will hit me at all so it's only a question if he's using drones or missiles. For example I was fighting a thorax the other day and had started dealing armor damage. He launches his heavy drones. The second I see them I warp away (was prepared for drones since it was a rax). I'm in a fast frigate so warping takes seconds. I was dead before my ship had even turned in the right direction. I think it was about 3 seconds from the time he launched drones until I was in a pod.
With the new changes I will actually stand a chance against drone and missile users if they aren't correctly fitted. It's not much fun to live in constant drone fear and I even have nightmares of the little buggers. 
Everybody in their right minds has a full drone bay and will launch them and instantly kill every frigate attacking them. That alone makes frigates pretty useless against battleships and drone using cruisers. I'd much rather like that the pilots would have to fit their ships with the possiblility of a frigate fight in mind and if they think too big they stand at a disadvantage.
|

An Imal
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 09:22:00 -
[40]
I am a frigate pilot and I very much like the drone changes. Well of course I do, cause they work in my favour :)
When I'm in my rifter and I jump a cruiser solo there are two possible outcomes from the fight. He doesn't use or deploy drones and and probably I win or he's using drones or missiles and I lose. It's pretty much as simple as that. Orbiting in a fast frigate at 500 meters and no turrets will hit me at all so it's only a question if he's using drones or missiles. For example I was fighting a thorax the other day and had started dealing armor damage. He launches his heavy drones. The second I see them I warp away (was prepared for drones since it was a rax). I'm in a fast frigate so warping takes seconds. I was dead before my ship had even turned in the right direction. I think it was about 3 seconds from the time he launched drones until I was in a pod.
With the new changes I will actually stand a chance against drone and missile users if they aren't correctly fitted. It's not much fun to live in constant drone fear and I even have nightmares of the little buggers. 
Everybody in their right minds has a full drone bay and will launch them and instantly kill every frigate attacking them. That alone makes frigates pretty useless against battleships and drone using cruisers. I'd much rather like that the pilots would have to fit their ships with the possiblility of a frigate fight in mind and if they think too big they stand at a disadvantage.
|

Iznogud
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 10:13:00 -
[41]
quote=Reiisha]
So i take it artillery shells are homing? they can hit a jeep driving an unpredictable path at 5km distance? Or a fast boat? because that's what we are talking about.
Although, compaing EVE to real life makes no sense whatsoever. However this game tries to be believable, it certainly does not try to be realistic. Come on, warping THROUGH stations? That a quantumphysical astronimical improbability, even with all the technic yadieyada in explanation. Camera drones technology is available readily, but not used for combat? wtf? I could go on..
Comparing EVE to real life is useless. See it as a game. A game should be balanced, not realistic.
Why should a *single* battleship be able to take on a fleet of enemy ships? npc or otherwise.... A bs can outlast a number of non-bs any day. If you get killed by 2 frigs you are seriously lacking in the defense department.
I could go on, but as no one actually will *read* what i'm writing, it won't matter. Everyone wants to be right.
Newsflash people: That ain't possible.
Well its ccp who call it artillery (wich is a word from RL) and that word cover some stuff and yes RL artillery have possibility to hit fast moving targets thats what we use computer and mathmatics for so to hit a fast moving target you just need speed and direction to put into your puter then what type of ammo and gun you are using and the above mentioned type of ammo and a few shoot and fast moving thingy goes BOOM ! and im not complaining over that its not like RL but when they call stuff things that do exist i expect that those items function like its called
my 2 isk
http://www.shinra.com/ Shinra Republic Artillery-round deliver Izno~
|

Iznogud
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 10:13:00 -
[42]
quote=Reiisha]
So i take it artillery shells are homing? they can hit a jeep driving an unpredictable path at 5km distance? Or a fast boat? because that's what we are talking about.
Although, compaing EVE to real life makes no sense whatsoever. However this game tries to be believable, it certainly does not try to be realistic. Come on, warping THROUGH stations? That a quantumphysical astronimical improbability, even with all the technic yadieyada in explanation. Camera drones technology is available readily, but not used for combat? wtf? I could go on..
Comparing EVE to real life is useless. See it as a game. A game should be balanced, not realistic.
Why should a *single* battleship be able to take on a fleet of enemy ships? npc or otherwise.... A bs can outlast a number of non-bs any day. If you get killed by 2 frigs you are seriously lacking in the defense department.
I could go on, but as no one actually will *read* what i'm writing, it won't matter. Everyone wants to be right.
Newsflash people: That ain't possible.
Well its ccp who call it artillery (wich is a word from RL) and that word cover some stuff and yes RL artillery have possibility to hit fast moving targets thats what we use computer and mathmatics for so to hit a fast moving target you just need speed and direction to put into your puter then what type of ammo and gun you are using and the above mentioned type of ammo and a few shoot and fast moving thingy goes BOOM ! and im not complaining over that its not like RL but when they call stuff things that do exist i expect that those items function like its called
my 2 isk
http://www.shinra.com/ Shinra Republic Artillery-round deliver Izno~
|

JoCool
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 10:38:00 -
[43]
I don't know how people could think the drone change would shift the balance to the frigate pilots and make them more invulnerable.
I suppose Light Drone killer squadrons of 9 or 10 chasing after frigates with insane speeds, starting to attack from double the range heavy drones would. Or how about a Dominix, with endless swarms of 15 Light Drones attacking frigates from range. You'll actually be able to use drones effectively in fleet combat in your Dominix, sitting at range and sending drone swarms.
|

JoCool
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 10:38:00 -
[44]
I don't know how people could think the drone change would shift the balance to the frigate pilots and make them more invulnerable.
I suppose Light Drone killer squadrons of 9 or 10 chasing after frigates with insane speeds, starting to attack from double the range heavy drones would. Or how about a Dominix, with endless swarms of 15 Light Drones attacking frigates from range. You'll actually be able to use drones effectively in fleet combat in your Dominix, sitting at range and sending drone swarms.
|

Aelita
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 10:40:00 -
[45]
Edited by: Aelita on 31/07/2004 10:46:07
Originally by: An Imal I am a frigate pilot and I very much like the drone changes. Well of course I do, cause they work in my favour :)
When I'm in my rifter and I jump a cruiser solo there are two possible outcomes from the fight. He doesn't use or deploy drones and and probably I win or he's using drones or missiles and I lose. It's pretty much as simple as that. Orbiting in a fast frigate at 500 meters and no turrets will hit me at all so it's only a question if he's using drones or missiles. For example I was fighting a thorax the other day and had started dealing armor damage. He launches his heavy drones. The second I see them I warp away (was prepared for drones since it was a rax). I'm in a fast frigate so warping takes seconds. I was dead before my ship had even turned in the right direction. I think it was about 3 seconds from the time he launched drones until I was in a pod.
With the new changes I will actually stand a chance against drone and missile users if they aren't correctly fitted. It's not much fun to live in constant drone fear and I even have nightmares of the little buggers. 
Everybody in their right minds has a full drone bay and will launch them and instantly kill every frigate attacking them. That alone makes frigates pretty useless against battleships and drone using cruisers. I'd much rather like that the pilots would have to fit their ships with the possiblility of a frigate fight in mind and if they think too big they stand at a disadvantage.
What a stupid logic? If you engage cruiser in frigate you should have NO CHANCE! point!. Same for BS vs Frigate. People using really screwed logic here smaller ship should not have chance one vs one at all. Smaller ship should be owned by bigger only in case when pilot in larger ships is stupid you should. Another thing is when group of smaller ships will catch unprepared one large ship. Then it would be fair that larger ship would be in deep troubles.
By other words CCP and you lous whiners make it to twist logic in really logical thing. Larger ship have disposable more firepower than small ship and who wants face that firepower must be smart or to be owned. Every frigate pilot asking only for hey I want to kill alone BS pilot, that's dumbest thing what I ever read!
[Edit]If frigates will own cruiser or battle ship, then what reason for BS and Cruiser is in game? We should remove them and it would fair to all. It will be ever fight even vs even. No adventage or disadventage. I'm sick seeng that all ships being equalized by nerfing stronger ones.
Really I see no reason why smaller ship should have chance against larger one in fight 1 vs 1.
|

Aelita
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 10:40:00 -
[46]
Edited by: Aelita on 31/07/2004 10:46:07
Originally by: An Imal I am a frigate pilot and I very much like the drone changes. Well of course I do, cause they work in my favour :)
When I'm in my rifter and I jump a cruiser solo there are two possible outcomes from the fight. He doesn't use or deploy drones and and probably I win or he's using drones or missiles and I lose. It's pretty much as simple as that. Orbiting in a fast frigate at 500 meters and no turrets will hit me at all so it's only a question if he's using drones or missiles. For example I was fighting a thorax the other day and had started dealing armor damage. He launches his heavy drones. The second I see them I warp away (was prepared for drones since it was a rax). I'm in a fast frigate so warping takes seconds. I was dead before my ship had even turned in the right direction. I think it was about 3 seconds from the time he launched drones until I was in a pod.
With the new changes I will actually stand a chance against drone and missile users if they aren't correctly fitted. It's not much fun to live in constant drone fear and I even have nightmares of the little buggers. 
Everybody in their right minds has a full drone bay and will launch them and instantly kill every frigate attacking them. That alone makes frigates pretty useless against battleships and drone using cruisers. I'd much rather like that the pilots would have to fit their ships with the possiblility of a frigate fight in mind and if they think too big they stand at a disadvantage.
What a stupid logic? If you engage cruiser in frigate you should have NO CHANCE! point!. Same for BS vs Frigate. People using really screwed logic here smaller ship should not have chance one vs one at all. Smaller ship should be owned by bigger only in case when pilot in larger ships is stupid you should. Another thing is when group of smaller ships will catch unprepared one large ship. Then it would be fair that larger ship would be in deep troubles.
By other words CCP and you lous whiners make it to twist logic in really logical thing. Larger ship have disposable more firepower than small ship and who wants face that firepower must be smart or to be owned. Every frigate pilot asking only for hey I want to kill alone BS pilot, that's dumbest thing what I ever read!
[Edit]If frigates will own cruiser or battle ship, then what reason for BS and Cruiser is in game? We should remove them and it would fair to all. It will be ever fight even vs even. No adventage or disadventage. I'm sick seeng that all ships being equalized by nerfing stronger ones.
Really I see no reason why smaller ship should have chance against larger one in fight 1 vs 1.
|

Vasq
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 10:45:00 -
[47]
My biggest gripe of the changes is WHY?
Why do frigs need to be able to orbit a bs with out being hit?
why should a 300k frig need to be able to go 1 0n 1 with a 120 mill bs?
why should a drone (which is much smaller than a frig) struggle to hit one?
why do they want to change it all?
Smoke me a kipper, i'll be back for breakfast! |

Vasq
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 10:45:00 -
[48]
My biggest gripe of the changes is WHY?
Why do frigs need to be able to orbit a bs with out being hit?
why should a 300k frig need to be able to go 1 0n 1 with a 120 mill bs?
why should a drone (which is much smaller than a frig) struggle to hit one?
why do they want to change it all?
Smoke me a kipper, i'll be back for breakfast! |

Tar om
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 10:50:00 -
[49]
Why? I think some people in CCP have an ivory tower vision of the perfect game. Trouble is they introduce it step by step in an unconnected manner that is totally illogical to the people who don't know the whole plan. The problem is that the poor clueless peons are trying to play the game in their spare time to have fun. I personally and sick of being patronised by CCP and patted on the head with "There there it'll be fine in the long run, you'll see" without any information as to future plans at all.
Don't point me at the shiva page, its just a press release. -- We are the Octavian Vanguard www.octavianvanguard.net http://www.serenitymovie.com |

Tar om
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 10:50:00 -
[50]
Why? I think some people in CCP have an ivory tower vision of the perfect game. Trouble is they introduce it step by step in an unconnected manner that is totally illogical to the people who don't know the whole plan. The problem is that the poor clueless peons are trying to play the game in their spare time to have fun. I personally and sick of being patronised by CCP and patted on the head with "There there it'll be fine in the long run, you'll see" without any information as to future plans at all.
Don't point me at the shiva page, its just a press release. -- We are the Octavian Vanguard www.octavianvanguard.net http://www.serenitymovie.com |

Lorth
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 11:11:00 -
[51]
Edited by: Lorth on 31/07/2004 11:15:07 Um if you can't tank the damage of a frig then your in deep trouble. Assuming your set up for pvp you should be able to kill off any smaller ship. Really come on, if you can't then you really need to rework your set up.
I really can't understand why you can't take one just one heavy drone out and replace it with 5 lights. If your that unwilling to adapt then so be it. I can just see some of you sitting there trying to kill ceptors with your 1400mm and wondering why it just doesn't work. I'll adapt, I already have, it not a huge change. If you can't then well it your fault if you die. Just please spare your self the trouble of posting here and whining about it.
EDIT: You still have a missile bay right? Ever thought of I don't know... using it? A webbed frig is missile bait.
|

Lorth
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 11:11:00 -
[52]
Edited by: Lorth on 31/07/2004 11:15:07 Um if you can't tank the damage of a frig then your in deep trouble. Assuming your set up for pvp you should be able to kill off any smaller ship. Really come on, if you can't then you really need to rework your set up.
I really can't understand why you can't take one just one heavy drone out and replace it with 5 lights. If your that unwilling to adapt then so be it. I can just see some of you sitting there trying to kill ceptors with your 1400mm and wondering why it just doesn't work. I'll adapt, I already have, it not a huge change. If you can't then well it your fault if you die. Just please spare your self the trouble of posting here and whining about it.
EDIT: You still have a missile bay right? Ever thought of I don't know... using it? A webbed frig is missile bait.
|

Vasq
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 12:48:00 -
[53]
i take back all i have said about the nerff.... the big picture is better (now i have read about destroyers) this is gonna make hte game really cool...
Smoke me a kipper, i'll be back for breakfast! |

Vasq
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 12:48:00 -
[54]
i take back all i have said about the nerff.... the big picture is better (now i have read about destroyers) this is gonna make hte game really cool...
Smoke me a kipper, i'll be back for breakfast! |

Nostradamu5
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 13:14:00 -
[55]
From Riisha:
Quote: I could go on, but as no one actually will *read* what i'm writing, it won't matter. Everyone wants to be right.
It would be easier to read what you write if you made your sig less alluring
Stop griping about server instability and go buy an EVE mug!
Additionally with the purchase of each mug you will receive two(2) invisible Elves.
|

Nostradamu5
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 13:14:00 -
[56]
From Riisha:
Quote: I could go on, but as no one actually will *read* what i'm writing, it won't matter. Everyone wants to be right.
It would be easier to read what you write if you made your sig less alluring
Stop griping about server instability and go buy an EVE mug!
Additionally with the purchase of each mug you will receive two(2) invisible Elves.
|

Henka
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 13:16:00 -
[57]
Tbh, why all this whining?
big guns are not suposed to hit frigates, period.
Cruiser are there for the frigg killing, if you expect frigates to mess up your day, get a smartbomb (1 med/large) or a stasis webb (if you got launchers with cruise).
or get drones, i am a mega user, and i will adapt and load 100 med drones instead of 10 heavy ones (well, not exactly but you get the point, the proposed changes to drone size gives me like alot of med drones for each large) and still **** that frigate. Webbs are your friend.
Atm, its no fun beeing a frig pilot, right now the only cruiser or BS i can kill right now are the ones without drone space (maller?) cuz if they got drones, they will have atleast 1 heavy drone and that is enough to kick my ass.
I look forward these new changes to missiles and drones, im both a frig (merlin), interceptor (taranis) and BS (mega) user and i want all of them to be usefull. I even jump into a thorax/caracal/bb now and then (but, atm they are just SO dead)
|

Henka
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 13:16:00 -
[58]
Tbh, why all this whining?
big guns are not suposed to hit frigates, period.
Cruiser are there for the frigg killing, if you expect frigates to mess up your day, get a smartbomb (1 med/large) or a stasis webb (if you got launchers with cruise).
or get drones, i am a mega user, and i will adapt and load 100 med drones instead of 10 heavy ones (well, not exactly but you get the point, the proposed changes to drone size gives me like alot of med drones for each large) and still **** that frigate. Webbs are your friend.
Atm, its no fun beeing a frig pilot, right now the only cruiser or BS i can kill right now are the ones without drone space (maller?) cuz if they got drones, they will have atleast 1 heavy drone and that is enough to kick my ass.
I look forward these new changes to missiles and drones, im both a frig (merlin), interceptor (taranis) and BS (mega) user and i want all of them to be usefull. I even jump into a thorax/caracal/bb now and then (but, atm they are just SO dead)
|

ErrorS
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 13:47:00 -
[59]
battleships were designed to kill other battleships.
question. what were people thinking when they built the first battleship? ________
I'm strict Caldari
"The grass is always greener on the other side" - Maybe they're not as uber as you think?
-ErrorS |

ErrorS
|
Posted - 2004.07.31 13:47:00 -
[60]
battleships were designed to kill other battleships.
question. what were people thinking when they built the first battleship? ________
I'm strict Caldari
"The grass is always greener on the other side" - Maybe they're not as uber as you think?
-ErrorS |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |