| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

203
Gallente
|
Posted - 2009.01.26 16:07:00 -
[1]
Sometimes you look for that Microwarpdrive or something else you have somewhere in your Shippool to put it on another Ship. If you can't remember where it's installed, you have to check every single Ship in your Hangar. Well, not anymore if CCP allows us to Outfit a Ship from the Contextmenu. Of course, it needs to be in the same Station you are on if you want to change the 'fit.
It's all fun and Games 'till someone's broke :) - T'is an alt for playing the Forum - |

Cedric Diggory
Perfunctory Oleaginous Laocoon Mugwumps
|
Posted - 2009.01.26 16:14:00 -
[2]
pleeeeeeeease!
Nothing worse than having to change ship, check fitting, wait 20 seconds, change ship, check fitting, wait 20 seconds...
|

0August0
Gallente Gooch Unlimited
|
Posted - 2009.01.26 17:16:00 -
[3]
I'd like to see this as well. Regards, August |

Th0rG0d
Caldari
|
Posted - 2009.01.26 17:47:00 -
[4]
Even though I agree, one thing you might want to do in the meantime is make notes of your fittings. But it is annoying having to hop in one ship to unfit that mod, wait 20 secs to change ships so you can refit it, even when you know what ship it's on.
/signed
|

nimon
|
Posted - 2009.01.26 18:14:00 -
[5]
great idea very needed |

Hugh Ruka
Exploratio et Industria Morispatia
|
Posted - 2009.01.26 18:45:00 -
[6]
this can not work.
you can make unfiting of mods possible but fitting is another beast.
your skills and implants influence the ship PG/CPU and module fitting requirements. thus you could only fit OFFLINED modules and need to online all after you change to that ship. |

Wardo21
|
Posted - 2009.01.26 18:50:00 -
[7]
Originally by: Hugh Ruka this can not work.
you can make unfiting of mods possible but fitting is another beast.
your skills and implants influence the ship PG/CPU and module fitting requirements. thus you could only fit OFFLINED modules and need to online all after you change to that ship.
With the system changed as above, fit/unfit if you're not in the ship, the system will still check when you go to board the ship if things are good WRT skill levels. Make an adjustment in the code for checking things when boarding to also check CPU/Grid/Calibaration is sufficient to have all the stuff online.
I can fit a ship and give it to a noob alt, so I think they will have skills and CPU/Grid/Calibration requirements checked already.
Fitting is one thing, flying it is another. (Or flying it with all those big grid guns fitted...) |

Shaka Quatuic
|
Posted - 2009.01.26 20:04:00 -
[8]
I agree... this is sorely needed, and would in fact reduce the overall number of database calls, which would reduce lag for everyone. the ship's CPU and Power grids don't need to be checked at all until somebody actually hops in the ship - all that is needed is 'can the person doing the fitting actually use the module'.
|

Inquisitor Berthez
Make Love To War
|
Posted - 2009.01.26 20:24:00 -
[9]
/signed |

203
Gallente
|
Posted - 2009.01.26 21:21:00 -
[10]
Actualy, the System only needs to validy the Grid and CPU Stats when the Pilot wants to Undock.
It's all fun and Games 'till someone's broke :) - T'is an alt for playing the Forum - |

Luzz Bightyear
Caldari The PeacekeeperZ
|
Posted - 2009.01.26 22:25:00 -
[11]
/signed
Though I think there was a dev response as to why we can't do this some time back... I would search but I'm lazy. :P |

203
Gallente
|
Posted - 2009.01.28 15:51:00 -
[12]
Originally by: Luzz Bightyear /signed
Though I think there was a dev response as to why we can't do this some time back... I would search but I'm lazy. :P
Need incentive to do? I'm totaly broke, as my Sig should Tell ^^; |

Metalcali
Amarr
|
Posted - 2009.01.28 16:09:00 -
[13]
Try looking at it from a roleplaying view point. How are you able to fit things without contracting someone else to do the work on a ship? You would have to be in your overall, or whatever, and using a wrench and so on to fit your ship, thus seeing if everything is powered properly and so on. But I would agree, would be very nice to have  |

Darwin's Market
|
Posted - 2009.01.28 16:28:00 -
[14]
Originally by: Metalcali Try looking at it from a roleplaying view point. How are you able to fit things without contracting someone else to do the work on a ship? You would have to be in your overall, or whatever, and using a wrench and so on to fit your ship, thus seeing if everything is powered properly and so on. But I would agree, would be very nice to have 
there's no roleplay in eve, also I hope your capsule pops and you lose all your skillspoints  |

203
Gallente
|
Posted - 2009.01.28 19:46:00 -
[15]
Originally by: Metalcali Try looking at it from a roleplaying view point. How are you able to fit things without contracting someone else to do the work on a ship?
RP? Don't throw that at me when I even have Drones to bring the Garbage down and clear the Floor (literaly... I want to buy a Vacu-Bot )! |

Eftim S'Jet
|
Posted - 2009.01.28 20:28:00 -
[16]
Aye, at the very least make it so you can inspect a ship's fitings without changing to that particular ships. Unfitting modules from it would also be good. Fitting while inactive isn't that critical though...
And to the person that suggested writing down all your ship's fittings - for some ships I have a list of possible setups, and in some hangars I have more than a dozen ships at any time. Multiply this by all the systems I have ships and, and realize how much I would hate you before I'd finish enacting your idea. |

NightF0x
Gallente Intergalactic League of Terrorists
|
Posted - 2009.01.28 20:34:00 -
[17]
I'm not sure CCP can actually do this. Ships get their bonuses from the pilots so you would be stuck with fitting for the base attributes of the ship. Try putting GSC's in a Iterion V's cargo hold while not piloting the ship. You will only get 2-3 in the CH before it is full because the bonuses for skill training aren't being applied because there is no pilot. |

Tonglil
Caldari Cosmic Euphoria Inc.
|
Posted - 2009.01.29 00:30:00 -
[18]
Originally by: Hugh Ruka this can not work.
you can make unfiting of mods possible but fitting is another beast.
your skills and implants influence the ship PG/CPU and module fitting requirements. thus you could only fit OFFLINED modules and need to online all after you change to that ship.
Isn't this how shops work right now? I fit it on to max capacity for both CPU and PG and I hop out. I'm guessing those modules turn off anyways because I am in a different ship.
You fit modules onto that ship "offlined" and when you hop in, they "online" and a message pops up or the module remains "offlined".
Great idea, I have the same concerns. |

Nephilius
Caldari Grey Legionaires
|
Posted - 2009.01.29 19:07:00 -
[19]
Yeah, the whole I need to board a ship to outfit it is rather annoying...from a RP standpoint, boarding a ship to fly it doesn't have to be the same as getting on it to put stuff in it. An option to fit modules to a ship without having to board it would be great!
/signed |

Karrade Krise
Galatic P0RN Starz
|
Posted - 2009.01.29 19:38:00 -
[20]
/signed. |

Hirana Yoshida
Behavioral Affront
|
Posted - 2009.01.29 19:42:00 -
[21]
We can hope that the Ambulation stuff will include a Virtual EFT of some sort, where you can design the vessel for automatic assembly upon the go command.
It is not doable currently due to the skill calculations being executed on session changes, like boarding a ship. Not sure how much coding would be involved in changing that, but I'd wager it is not a trivial matter. |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |