| Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Jagged Bluetooth
|
Posted - 2010.06.20 11:47:00 -
[1]
Over the past year or so I have heard dozens and dozens of people complain about how guys can steal mission rewards / flip cans and a myriad of often more complicated rules and tripe to kill carebears. Why do eve condone this ? Is a thief in eve surely not exactly the same as one in real life.
High sec should be just that ...."high sec" Everyone goes on about the rights of player killers etc ...what about the carebears rights ?????
In a game where you employ marketing analysts etc to make eve as real as possible..isn't there something fundementally wrong promoting theft. ie you allow these people to be dishonest and they then can't tell the difference in real life !!???? Am seriously thinking of packing in my accounts .....you're going to lose your mature players almost as quick as you gained them.... This is not a whine and I am not asking you to replace my ship... sort it out eve !!!!!!!
|

Cpt Branko
Retired Pirate Club
|
Posted - 2010.06.20 11:50:00 -
[2]
Edited by: Cpt Branko on 20/06/2010 11:50:56
Originally by: Jagged Bluetooth BAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Ha ha.
I think you're lost and were really intending to post on the hello kitty online forums. Sig removed, inappropriate link. If you would like further details please mail [email protected] ~Saint |

Aggammenonn
|
Posted - 2010.06.20 12:27:00 -
[3]
LOL, i find myself in the odd position of agreeing with the pirates.. this is a game. One of th ereasons that the mature players (I'm 28 btw) come back and play Eve is that it is the only game I know of where its not dumbed down and 1 stupid mistake can ERASE months of work.... I've you cant handle the EVE love, pack it up then.
|

Jack Icegaard
The Omega Project
|
Posted - 2010.06.20 12:44:00 -
[4]
Originally by: Jagged Bluetooth Over the past year or so I have heard dozens and dozens of people complain about how guys can steal mission rewards / flip cans and a myriad of often more complicated rules and tripe to kill carebears. Why do eve condone this ? Is a thief in eve surely not exactly the same as one in real life.
High sec should be just that ...."high sec" Everyone goes on about the rights of player killers etc ...what about the carebears rights ?????
In a game where you employ marketing analysts etc to make eve as real as possible..isn't there something fundementally wrong promoting theft. ie you allow these people to be dishonest and they then can't tell the difference in real life !!???? Am seriously thinking of packing in my accounts .....you're going to lose your mature players almost as quick as you gained them.... This is not a whine and I am not asking you to replace my ship... sort it out eve !!!!!!!
Yeah, I know. But EvE is far from the worst MMOG. I used to play this other game called WWII online. But it was TOTALLY unplayable! Where ever I went I got shot at, or stabbed or blown up by bombs or grenades. I liked to fly, so I took a Spitfire or a Hurricane for ride. But without fail someone came after me trying to shoot me down and destroy my plane. And all this was done to me by other players! Needless to say I petitioned this to the Gms and surely you understand my shock when I learned that they condoned all this antisocial and murderous behavior. They came up with all kinds of weak excuses such as that there game was about world war II and this stuff happened there.. blah blah blah.
Gives me nightmares when I think about all the horrible people playing that game.
Or, perhaps Im being sarcastic  Is OP really serious?
|

Arden Elenduil
|
Posted - 2010.06.20 13:12:00 -
[5]
He's just mad that he lost his Kronos to one of my corpmates ^^
|

Mel Lifera
Gallente Suddenly Ninjas
|
Posted - 2010.06.20 13:47:00 -
[6]
Edited by: Mel Lifera on 20/06/2010 13:48:48 In high-sec, you can shoot at someone who steals from your can. You even have the advantage, because the thief can't fire at you until you shoot at him first. But if you choose to shoot, normal combat rules apply - to wit: the better ship and pilot pops the other. It's like that all over New Eden.
You were obviously not the better ship and pilot. It's nearly always like that when it comes to a fight between one of us and a carebear.
Think of what we do as sort of like PI. We ''scan" various corps via our ninja'ing and when we find a good repository of that one precious resource that fuels our ships, we get to harvesting it. Your corp is evidently a very good resource.
|

Nora Rage
Heroes. Black Star Alliance
|
Posted - 2010.06.20 13:49:00 -
[7]
Ive been asked to pass on a message from CCP that due to the inconvenience you experienced when you:
A - were missioning in a high value ship during war B - lost high value ship when you though you could gank the mission thief and subsequently aggressed
They simply say that they are willing to change the game to make you invulnerable at all times as they cant bear to stand by and ignore a crying child.
Seriously...wtf you expect? |

Meccros
Suddenly Ninjas Tear Extraction And Reclamation Service
|
Posted - 2010.06.20 14:08:00 -
[8]
Edited by: Meccros on 20/06/2010 14:08:45 Confirming I was forced to defend myself when you began shooting your officer fit gun from your kronos at me. I was simply trying to conduct a business transaction and was offering to fetch you ships crew mission item for a small fee, the cleaning of wrecks from your deadspace was a free service we offer here at Suddenly Ninjas.
I had left but was then forced to return and defend my honor when you began calling me names in local. You were obviously looking for me when you stated in local that i was docked up. since you wanted to shoot at me again so badly i returned to oblige you.
You then told your corpmates that your drones were set to agressive (which doesn't work that way) who then proceded to enter local and question me about it. I then provided logs that proved that the first agression was from your Kaikka's Modified 425mm Railgun (of which i will resell to you and you alone for the fee of 165mil, 10mil cheaper than you had paid for it)
Think about the rights of ninja salvagers for a bit, the service we provide removes wrecks from space, thus making less items for the servers to track, and in turn reducing lag. It's a thankless job, but I like to think of it as my way of returning something to this great game and community after so many great years. But what do we get in return, shot at.  (o.0) |

Macvombat
|
Posted - 2010.06.20 14:39:00 -
[9]
lol @Meccros above me xD dont get me wrong, i hate meccros and all of his kind for ninjaing our precious loots.. but seriously, it says in Carebearing 101 that "Thou shalt never get angry and attempt to shoot the pirate, as such an action will likely result in the loss of thine own ship - regardless of fitting"
and as for your definition of highsec.. I believe CCP got this definition just right, your security is high - but not complete.. We agree that these pirates are bloody annoying but please think about this for a moment.. you are doing a lvl 4, any lvl 4 - you would yield aprox 5-10 mill from the loot unless you get lucky and get something sexy wich happens so rarely that it shouldn't be expected. In the midst of your mission a pirate shows up and starts salvaging and stealing your loot - you get ****ed and is left with 2 choices: either you leave the SoB alone and let him steal your crappy loot wich is worth **** all.. OR you risk your missioning boat wich may very well be worth anything in between 200 mill to 4 billion Wich is better? loosing 10 mill or Risk loosing your missioning boat? i know what i would choose..
Facts are these - you are safe in your missioning boat unless you fire on the pirate since he can't gank you without help, if the above people are correct and you lost your Kronos in highsec, this was your own fault and could have been avoided
|

Allyson Vannote
Caldari School of Applied Knowledge
|
Posted - 2010.06.20 16:03:00 -
[10]
Have a bigger badder ship standing by. Or just ignore can flippers.
Dedicated to Admiral Yakia Tovil-Toba, and those lost aboard the Kairiola. |

Annie Anomie
Gallente Shadows Of The Federation
|
Posted - 2010.06.20 17:55:00 -
[11]
Edited by: Annie Anomie on 20/06/2010 17:55:07
Originally by: Jagged Bluetooth Over the past year or so I have heard dozens and dozens of people complain about how guys can steal mission rewards / flip cans and a myriad of often more complicated rules and tripe to kill carebears. Why do eve condone this ? Is a thief in eve surely not exactly the same as one in real life.
High sec should be just that ...."high sec" Everyone goes on about the rights of player killers etc ...what about the carebears rights ?????
In a game where you employ marketing analysts etc to make eve as real as possible..isn't there something fundementally wrong promoting theft. ie you allow these people to be dishonest and they then can't tell the difference in real life !!???? Am seriously thinking of packing in my accounts .....you're going to lose your mature players almost as quick as you gained them.... This is not a whine and I am not asking you to replace my ship... sort it out eve !!!!!!!
You just got naturally selected     
|

Velvet Glacier
|
Posted - 2010.06.20 17:55:00 -
[12]
Leave the ninja go to the wreck then shoot it ... leave the ninja go to another wreck then shoot that wreck also ... repeat the process till ninja gives up ... Then send 1M ISK to the poor ninja and ask him in local if that amount is enough for the lost of 15 mins of his life.
|

Wee Girl
Suddenly Ninjas Tear Extraction And Reclamation Service
|
Posted - 2010.06.20 18:11:00 -
[13]
Originally by: Aggammenonn One of th ereasons that the mature players (I'm 28 btw) come back and play Eve is that it is the only game I know of where its not dumbed down and 1 stupid mistake can ERASE months of work....
^ This. And it doesn't just apply to MR Carebears dying to Ninjas and Pirates. Lots of people skill-up for Mining, Manufacturing, Reverse Engineering, even....I dunno, let's pick something at random...Planetary Interaction...only to find that they've wasted months of training on something that ultimately they find mind bogglingly boring and of limited value.
In addition to keeping space clean, think of us as educators...
In my own experience it's the less mature players that put all their eggs in one faction-fitted BS basket, think they're God because they can solo L4 Worlds Collide, and then take shots at Ninjas stealing loot (which in context is worth only a tiny fraction of the value of their ship). They learn a good lesson (in patience and economics) when a guy like Meccros appears in their mission and pops them.
Originally by: Aggammenonn [if] you cant handle the EVE love, pack it up then.
Agreed. I've heard that Viva Pinata is a great game for guys like Jagged Bluetooth here...
Of course, there are those that never learn. They'll just go buy more ISK and buy another officer-fitted ship so they can take their newly-purchased 2007 character right back out there to die in a blaze of Ninja-fire yet again.
No complaints though. Dropped MR mods = excellent income. 
Wee
|

Ashina Sito
Gallente Center for Advanced Studies
|
Posted - 2010.06.20 19:12:00 -
[14]
Just do this...
Linkage
And the ninja's will leave you alone. I can't get any luv from TEARS anymore. 
|

Devil tiger
|
Posted - 2010.06.20 22:17:00 -
[15]
Your in the wrong place.
Try Cosmos and DED sites. Relic sites work too. There's always plenty of them waiting for the mission runners 23/7. 
|

Felix Esperium
Lysergic Distortions Research and Development
|
Posted - 2010.06.20 22:34:00 -
[16]
Originally by: Jagged Bluetooth This is not a whine
|

Ashina Sito
Gallente Center for Advanced Studies
|
Posted - 2010.06.20 22:41:00 -
[17]
Originally by: Devil tiger Your in the wrong place.
Try Cosmos and DED sites. Relic sites work too. There's always plenty of them waiting for the mission runners 23/7. 
Hummm....
I have never bothered with COSMOS... I don't see DED sites as a good place. I know people that do them. The goal is to snag the loot form the overseer. If it is someones wreak then you GTFO, you don't fight.
I did try a move to Minnie space, figured new systems means new ninja's since the TEARS and YIONK pool dried up. Sadly mission runners in Minnie space are to spread out. To many systems and too few ninja's.
Caldari space would be premo but, years of Gallente story lines means I am barely able to fly in their space much less run missions.
I do have my mining alt turned mission runner who may in the future spend the time getting standings up to hunt ninja's in Caldari space but not sure if/when that will ever happen. Would probably be easier to dust off the faction/deadspace fitted Battle Hulk and rack up a few more can flipper kills instead.
|

Aqriue
|
Posted - 2010.06.20 22:54:00 -
[18]
Originally by: Ashina Sito Edited by: Ashina Sito on 20/06/2010 20:44:34 Edited by: Ashina Sito on 20/06/2010 20:22:54 Just do this...
Linkage
And the ninja's will leave you alone. I can't get any luv from TEARS anymore. 
Edit: I have a bit of time at work to add some more.
Mission ninja's are good at using aggression flagging, the ignorance of the mission runner about aggression flagging and the fact that the mission runner is in a PvE ship to get easy ganks.
The thing to remember is that ninja's suck at actual PvP.
They fit their ships to do the task at hand, just like the mission runner does. So, the ninja is fitted to attack an active, cap stable, ship with 2 major resist holes. If instead they encounter a Cap Boosted ship with no resist holes the ninja's falls like a wet paper bag.
Ganking the ganker is the best PvP Eve has to offer. If CCP would up the ninja spawn rate so I can find them more frequently then one every 12-16 hours of mission running I would be a happy clam. I spent 3 weekends siting in mission deadspaces in a Proteus with the MWD active (960 sig radius) and still could not get a sucker... ah.... ninja to bite.
CAS pilot CAStrates ninja and causes a CASualty. 
Try hiding in deadspace with a BS using a MWD, ninjas don't look for T3. They look for the fattest bug on the plate and thats a battleship or occasional a BC, once they find it they grab their epeen and warp in while reaching climax . I just pop wrecks when I see probes on scan, I got company coming and don't like to leave an embarrassing mess . Also fun to leave the last couple BSs, shoot one down to hull then swap to a second, when they relize the other ship is going to pop I swap to first one and as they reach the wreck I shoot it. Its like jerking a marionette around, its so fun!
|

Syekuda
State Protectorate
|
Posted - 2010.06.20 23:17:00 -
[19]
Move away from the high sec busy systems Jagged Bluetooth. Problem fixed. Sure, not the best quality resource but less chance (still have some) to get borked.
|

Andru Crews
|
Posted - 2010.06.20 23:31:00 -
[20]
Talking about losing the 'more mature' playerbase and complaining about ninja looters ...
I personally don't loot/salvage missions basically because I cba to (boring), yet I dislike ninja looters. Since I don't bother with loot, everyone is free to take it - however, people taking my loot should have the decency to ask before they take it. If they ask, it's a guaranteed yes, if they don't, I just instapop any wreck the 'ninja' approaches - simple as that...
Shoot at him? *facepalm*
Anyone trying to ninja loot is a very poor nub himself...
|

Ashina Sito
Gallente Center for Advanced Studies
|
Posted - 2010.06.21 00:23:00 -
[21]
Originally by: Andru Crews Talking about losing the 'more mature' playerbase and complaining about ninja looters ...
I personally don't loot/salvage missions basically because I cba to (boring), yet I dislike ninja looters.
Anyone trying to ninja loot is a very poor nub himself...
Too be fair. the ninja in question was stealing the item needed to complete the mission and ransoming it back to the mission runner. At least that is what I got from the OP.
Originally by: Aqriue I just pop wrecks when I see probes on scan, I got company coming and don't like to leave an embarrassing mess . Also fun to leave the last couple BSs, shoot one down to hull then swap to a second, when they relize the other ship is going to pop I swap to first one and as they reach the wreck I shoot it. Its like jerking a marionette around, its so fun!
That raven was found about 2 hours after I sold of the Proteus and bought my Navy Domi. BS are better.
When I see probes on scan I don't shoot wreaks. I get excited. My chat channels explode with me givng range reports, "Probes at 9au and they are sisters!!! Probes at 4au! Probes at 2 AU and surrounding me!! Yes, I got a fish!! Oh, wait. There is a Golem .5au away doing AE... the ninja went over there. "
|

Skittnator
Caldari Angels Of Death EVE Free Worlds Alliance
|
Posted - 2010.06.21 00:50:00 -
[22]
I have the perfect answer for you... ready? "Welcome to EVE Online." Angels of Death EVE Corporation is Recruiting New and Old Pilots!!! |

Mel Lifera
Gallente Suddenly Ninjas
|
Posted - 2010.06.21 02:12:00 -
[23]
Originally by: Ashina Sito So, the ninja is fitted to attack an active, cap stable, ship with 2 major resist holes. If instead they encounter a Cap Boosted ship with no resist holes the ninja's falls like a wet paper bag.
I approve of this strategy.
|

wizard87
|
Posted - 2010.06.21 02:22:00 -
[24]
Originally by: Jagged Bluetooth Is a thief in eve surely not exactly the same as one in real life.
Yes, and in real life you're a space cadet too.
|

Kahega Amielden
Minmatar Reckoning.
|
Posted - 2010.06.21 03:37:00 -
[25]
Edited by: Kahega Amielden on 21/06/2010 03:38:36
Quote: Is a thief in eve surely not exactly the same as one in real life.
Pretty much. In real life I drive around looking for car accidents so I can pull by and steal some hubcaps and CD players before the cops show up. I even added floodlights to the front of my car so I can get behind someone, blind them, and have free reign over the resulting wreck. In case the guy's already unconscious, I always carry a cooler for any vital organs I can grab; organ sales are where the real money is at tbh.
|

Tanaka Reina
|
Posted - 2010.06.21 04:47:00 -
[26]
Get a friend or alt with a logistic ship and remote rep yourself and shoot the bastard :)
|

Eelis Kiy
Gallente Shadows Of The Federation
|
Posted - 2010.06.21 07:16:00 -
[27]
1. High-sec is not safe space. It's safer space. 2. Life-like and like real life do not mean the same thing 3. Theft is a very acceptable part of Eve. 4. If you are truely a mature player then you should already have a pair, in which case HTFU 
-----------------------------
>>where the frack is my ship?<< |

Jotobarina
|
Posted - 2010.06.21 08:03:00 -
[28]
Who flies an kronos with officier fit without even a slight clue?
|

Skippermonkey
Suddenly Ninjas Tear Extraction And Reclamation Service
|
Posted - 2010.06.21 09:02:00 -
[29]
I'm sorry for your loss
'tis a tragic day indeed
|

Bad Messenger
Space Perverts and Forum Warriors United
|
Posted - 2010.06.21 09:04:00 -
[30]
EVE has clear policy about stealing from wreck/cans. It is allowed to steal/take but owner has right to defend his property if he wants.
Who really cares if someone steal from mission wrecks?
|
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |