| Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

ThisIsNotMyAlt
|
Posted - 2010.07.21 15:53:00 -
[61]
it is a misconception that eve has allways been thought of as a spaceship combat game by ccp. it was and is ccps intend to create a kind of big space/scifi simulator. the reason they didnt do walking avatars yet was because they couldn't do both: spaceships AND avatars at the same time. also if i remember correctly they could basicly not render more than one 3d character protrait (as in the character creator) simultanously back in the day due to hardware limitations. ccp has always been very upfront about that they want to broaden the spectrum of what eve offers to include things like planetary interaction and avatars.
|

Stu Pendisdick
Caldari School of Applied Knowledge
|
Posted - 2010.07.21 15:57:00 -
[62]
No.
No, I won't.
Not until I can walk up behind a war target and shove a shank into the base of his skull, and watch him twitch the life from himself on the floor in death spasms, while I relieve myself all over his dying corpse.
When I can do that, then I will want incarna. Not a damned moment sooner.
|

Argos Dracon
Aliastra
|
Posted - 2010.07.21 16:07:00 -
[63]
Originally by: Stu Pendis**** No.
No, I won't.
Not until I can walk up behind a war target and shove a shank into the base of his skull, and watch him twitch the life from himself on the floor in death spasms, while I relieve myself all over his dying corpse.
When I can do that, then I will want incarna. Not a damned moment sooner.
You need help. _______________________________________________ "I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you **** with me, I'll KILL y |

Traitorous Scum
Caldari State War Academy
|
Posted - 2010.07.21 16:14:00 -
[64]
Originally by: Stu Pendis**** No.
No, I won't.
Not until I can walk up behind a war target and shove a shank into the base of his skull, and watch him twitch the life from himself on the floor in death spasms, while I relieve myself all over his dying corpse.
When I can do that, then I will want incarna. Not a damned moment sooner.
So will 0.0 stations just be a pile of corpses with one avatar in the corner laughing? If so, Im game.
|

Cozmik R5
Minmatar Chaosstorm Corporation Apoapsis Multiversal Consortium
|
Posted - 2010.07.21 16:18:00 -
[65]
Edited by: Cozmik R5 on 21/07/2010 16:17:50 I'll only be interested if rocket-jumping and strafe-jumping works.
Anyway, the real game happens in space; Incarna is just a new way of procrastinating in EVE. ____________________
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try. |

Professor Tarantula
Hedion University
|
Posted - 2010.07.21 16:29:00 -
[66]
Originally by: Stu Pendis**** No.
No, I won't.
Not until I can walk up behind a war target and shove a shank into the base of his skull, and watch him twitch the life from himself on the floor in death spasms, while I relieve myself all over his dying corpse.
When I can do that, then I will want incarna. Not a damned moment sooner.
So full of BS i can smell it from here.
You`ll be clamoring to take part in Incarna like everyone else. Only difference is, you`ll be a deluded hypocrite.
My deepest sympathies. Prof. Tarantula, Esq. |

Florio
Miniature Giant Space Hamsters
|
Posted - 2010.07.21 16:40:00 -
[67]
Edited by: Florio on 21/07/2010 16:40:55 I'll be happy if we get epic views in incarna: ship hulls disappearing upwards towards impossibly tall hangars etc. I'll feel let down if it's all cramped station corridors.
|

Corozan Aspinall
Party Time Inc.
|
Posted - 2010.07.21 16:42:00 -
[68]
Originally by: Argos Dracon
Originally by: Stu Pendis**** No.
No, I won't.
Not until I can walk up behind a war target and shove a shank into the base of his skull, and watch him twitch the life from himself on the floor in death spasms, while I relieve myself all over his dying corpse.
When I can do that, then I will want incarna. Not a damned moment sooner.
You need help.
I'm free!!
|

Larg Kellein
Caldari Agony Unleashed Agony Empire
|
Posted - 2010.07.21 17:16:00 -
[69]
Somewhat pretty, but let me check... Nope, still doesn't register on the old care-o-meter at all.
|

Asuri Kinnes
Adhocracy Incorporated
|
Posted - 2010.07.21 18:22:00 -
[70]
Originally by: Larg Kellein Somewhat pretty, but let me check... Nope, still doesn't register on the old care-o-meter at all.
QFT.
I must've mislaid my meter, because I can't find a care either... I've been playing MMO's since UO came out, MUDS before that, 2600 baud (dial-up) modem muds...
2nd life/WoW/any other mmo > incarna.
WTH are we going to do with it? Hold meetings, go to a bar, watch strippers? Dam, I don't attend meetings now, I have two bars w/in 10 mins (I live out in the country) and I don't go to strip clubs anymore... vOv
I'm just praying that when Incarna is launched, we aren't moved to a random spot in a space station and have to "walk" back to our ships (Opt-out, instead of Opt-in). I really can't see any use for it.
vOv Please re-size your signature to the maximum allowed of 400 x 120 pixels with a maximum file size of 24000 bytes. Zymurgist NO! |

Miriam Letisse
|
Posted - 2010.07.21 18:26:00 -
[71]
CCP's idea with EVE is to create the most extensive sci-fi MMO, they can't really do that without Incarna. I'm sure that after Incarna is released there'll be a whole new feature in planning that the pro Incarna crowd hate and the anti Incarna crowd love.
Just like with every other feature basically.
|

Winters Chill
Amarr Shadow Legion.
|
Posted - 2010.07.21 18:33:00 -
[72]
Originally by: Miriam Letisse CCP's idea with EVE is to create the most extensive sci-fi MMO ever, at the slowest possible pace ever
Fixed it for ya.
|

Miriam Letisse
|
Posted - 2010.07.21 18:35:00 -
[73]
Originally by: Winters Chill
Originally by: Miriam Letisse CCP's idea with EVE is to create the most extensive sci-fi MMO ever, at the slowest possible pace ever
Fixed it for ya.
Infinity: The Quest for Earth
|

Kewso
|
Posted - 2010.07.21 18:40:00 -
[74]
I seriously can't wait for Incarna, driving me crazy :)
normally take breaks from playing 2 to 3 months solid cause being stuck in ship 24/7 does get boring after a while.
course I can't wait for the commercials...
"Hi I'm Mr. T and I'm a night elf mohawk.....WITH LASERS!"
CCP hurry up and get this done!@#!@#
|

Slime Slurper
|
Posted - 2010.07.21 18:57:00 -
[75]
Where are all the old fat guys?
|

Larg Kellein
Caldari Agony Unleashed Agony Empire
|
Posted - 2010.07.21 18:59:00 -
[76]
Originally by: Slime Slurper Where are all the old fat guys?
On the other side of the screen.
|

Zeredek
Gallente Vanguard Venture
|
Posted - 2010.07.21 19:02:00 -
[77]
Originally by: Larg Kellein
Originally by: Slime Slurper Where are all the old fat guys?
On the other side of the screen.
Burn!
Originally by: CCP Soundwave Shady deals? IN MY EVE ONLINE? I don't believe it.
|

siC0 b0b
|
Posted - 2010.07.21 19:02:00 -
[78]
still don't care, these are just decent graphics and eve ain't about that anyway, if anything it's the last thing i'd look forward to right now, eve has problems and it needs them fixed NOW not in a year
|

Durnin Stormbrow
|
Posted - 2010.07.21 19:10:00 -
[79]
Originally by: Pottsey Edited by: Pottsey on 21/07/2010 11:15:48 TheBlueMonkey said ôThis is a spaceship mmo, I fail to see any benefits of walking around in station.ö There can be benefits but only if CCP do a decent job like other space MMOÆs. Like being able to walk around your ship, invite people to your ship for meetings, have medals on show. Or better yet do what another MMO lets you do, fight around the ships corridors and rooms. Fight your way to the bridge or to the engine rooms or fight to free a person in the brig.
These are all things we've been told Incarna will not give us. No combat. No walking in ships. That makes it a 3d chat room with hair cuts, poker tables & terminals for ship services.
If you think they'll come back later and add all these things, consider past performance on finishing features that were released incomplete:
Empyrean Age: Faction war full of bugs & exploits.
Apocrypha: 5th T3 system? T3 frigs?
Dominion: Sov rework. The missing treaties were supposed to make 0.0 accessible to small corps, and help the major alliances pay for their sov. Crippling fleet lag makes fighting for sov a coin toss.
Tyranis: PI (jury is still out, we'll see what they do to fix it.)
So, why do I want to walk in stations?
|

Ryhss
Caldari Ominous Corp Circle-Of-Two
|
Posted - 2010.07.21 19:13:00 -
[80]
HOLY CRA....nope, still hate Incarna.
Originally by: Abrazzar I don't know what's going on but I am terribly upset about it. 
|

Slime Slurper
|
Posted - 2010.07.21 19:14:00 -
[81]
Originally by: Larg Kellein
Originally by: Slime Slurper Where are all the old fat guys?
On the other side of the screen.
Damn...smoked!
How about this:
Where are all the small breasted women?
|

Nullity
Gallente
|
Posted - 2010.07.21 20:50:00 -
[82]
There's no doubt Incarna will look great, but it adds nothing substantive to the gameplay at all as far as we know. Plus, if it truly does have no PVP element, that goes against the core principles of EVE's game design.
|

Rashmika Clavain
Gallente
|
Posted - 2010.07.21 21:04:00 -
[83]
Just don't forget to set capital ships V away (or whatever) to make sure you've got a skill training long enough to cover the downtime and fallout 
|

eca80
|
Posted - 2010.07.21 21:12:00 -
[84]
Originally by: Kewso I seriously can't wait for Incarna, driving me crazy :) being stuck in ship 24/7 does get boring after a while.
CCP hurry up and get this done!@#!@#
this :)
|

Cory Sopapilla
Minmatar Kiroshi Group
|
Posted - 2010.07.21 21:12:00 -
[85]
Originally by: Kewso course I can't wait for the commercials...
"Hi I'm Mr. T and I'm a night elf mohawk.....WITH LASERS!"
More like "Hi, I'm Mr. T and I fly a Minmatar Mohawk! I'm nobodies slave, fool!"
|

Barakkus
Hyasyoda Investments
|
Posted - 2010.07.21 21:46:00 -
[86]
Originally by: Cory Sopapilla
Originally by: Kewso course I can't wait for the commercials...
"Hi I'm Mr. T and I'm a night elf mohawk.....WITH LASERS!"
More like "Hi, I'm Mr. T and I fly a Minmatar Mohawk! I'm nobodies slave, fool!"
You called?
Originally by: CCP Dropbear
rofl
edit: ah crap, dev account. Oh well, official rofl at you sir.
|

Lex Alandar
Q Division 5
|
Posted - 2010.07.21 22:25:00 -
[87]
*daydreams*
The leader of a large alliance is known for dropping his titan on random solo carriers. A plan is formed. You will be ready for him.
The sacrificial carrier is put out to pasture in an anomaly in a system with a known cyno alt. He whiles away the time, yawning occasionally. Sure enough, a rapier uncloaks, cyno up, and bam, Erebus on overview.
The call goes out over comms. ALL BACKUP WARP TO THE ANOM!!! TITAN AT ZERO!!
A mighty fleet floods the local chat, the titan pilot, having finished locking, is now waiting for his Aurora of DOOOOM to finish cycling, madly checking scanner to determine the composition of the incoming fleet. More supercapital backup is on standby, but will it be enough for these numbers?
The directional scanner fills up.....pages and pages of.....
minmatar shuttle....
Soon the overview is overloaded, and comms is filled with screams of terror as pilot after pilot dies to the titan's backup smartbomb. But you make it through. You and your three friends.
You dock on the ass end, disabling the warp engines as you exit the hastily-cut airlock.
You and your friends begin the 16 kilometer trek to the bridge...
Hours upon hours of combat, dozens of complete battalions, and a reload or billion later....
The titan pilot logs off...
Petitions are lol'd at.
|

Dian Rasd
Eyes Only.
|
Posted - 2010.07.22 00:02:00 -
[88]
I for one look forward to red latex suits online.
|

Miriam Letisse
|
Posted - 2010.07.22 00:13:00 -
[89]
Originally by: Nullity There's no doubt Incarna will look great, but it adds nothing substantive to the gameplay at all as far as we know. Plus, if it truly does have no PVP element, that goes against the core principles of EVE's game design.
Right, because EVE is totally centered around PVP...
Missions, mining, manufacturing, exploration, trading.. none of these are a part of EVE at all, no siree!
|

Noskill McCheese
Minmatar
|
Posted - 2010.07.22 00:24:00 -
[90]
JEAN-BAPTISTE EMMANUEL ZORG IN MY EVE????one
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |