| Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 3 post(s) |

Grek Forto
Crosshair Corp
|
Posted - 2011.01.30 21:58:00 -
[31]
That Horus *drools*
All of them *drools*
|

Garrett Rose
|
Posted - 2011.01.30 22:53:00 -
[32]
What's this "Tornado" ship I hear about? Anyone have any info for me or pics?? Thanks
|

Anshu Zephyran
Gallente Versus Gloria Omnis
|
Posted - 2011.01.30 23:19:00 -
[33]
So, for those of us who voted, which ships did you go for?
I picked the Abdiel, the Mentor, and Empress Jamyl's Personal Cruiser.
|

Cpt Advile
|
Posted - 2011.01.31 00:59:00 -
[34]
Originally by: Anshu Zephyran So, for those of us who voted, which ships did you go for?
I picked the Abdiel, the Mentor, and Empress Jamyl's Personal Cruiser.
Comooon maan don't hijack my thread here :0 let's try to keep the talk around "motivating" the CCP judges to judge faster
-no offense. ________________________________ ACXtreme @ deviantart |

Anshu Zephyran
Gallente Versus Gloria Omnis
|
Posted - 2011.01.31 01:44:00 -
[35]
Edited by: Anshu Zephyran on 31/01/2011 01:44:51 Sorry, just trying to keep the thread alive and generate some discussion while we wait for news from CCP.
|

syphurous
Gallente Center for Advanced Studies
|
Posted - 2011.01.31 02:33:00 -
[36]
The whole thing was run pretty horrid.
Entry Rules got changed during the competition.
Placement on the semi finalists page appeared to be based on votes, meaning those with least votes sunk quickly to the bottom of the page. So those without enough friends to bomb the voting instantly dropped to the bottom of the page meaning those at the top of the page instantly got a few votes to fill up the perceived idea that they must vote for 3. I pimped for votes and watched my placement on the page move shortly after I had done so early in the competition.
Limited API was not required to make an entry, meaning any one with there own personal vote bombing networks could easily get more votes. So all Deviant Art and similar site members could easily achieve high number for votes meaning it again was not an Eve player vote, but Deviant Art voters yet again.
My personal pet peeve, Artists names were displayed with the entries. I had to share my name with people in order to ask for their votes. So much for the internet anonymity I had. Immersion is kinda broken when someone uses my RL name in the middle of playing.
The whole thing was a marketing campaign to get peoples Facebook info through the cheeky use of the Facebook Application api. I doubt I won anything, but at least someone at CCP liked my entry enough to make it a semi finalist.
Congrats to the winners, I don't doubt you didn't earn your reward. Most people will read this thinking it's part of my post, when its actually my sig :P
|

Commander Amy Stewart
Caldari
|
Posted - 2011.01.31 02:36:00 -
[37]
They're as ugly as the rest .. no wait .. I mean they fit EVE's "distictive style" pretty well ^^
|

ATARI BABY
Ministry of War
|
Posted - 2011.01.31 18:47:00 -
[38]
bump
|

Cpt Advile
|
Posted - 2011.02.01 11:08:00 -
[39]
daily bump, still waiting.
You know CCPians, this isn't one of these topics that will go away if you ignore it : D We were promised infos ________________________________ ACXtreme @ deviantart |

Tyrant's Bane
Gallente United Systems Navy
|
Posted - 2011.02.01 11:20:00 -
[40]
Heres to hoping the Peregrine wins, That T3 BC was full of epic win
|

Fastbikkel
T.H.U.G L.I.F.E
|
Posted - 2011.02.01 11:48:00 -
[41]
Serval and gatekeeper are my choices. But admitted, they all look pretty damn amazing. -If the enemy is in range, so are you- |

Twisted Chick
|
Posted - 2011.02.01 15:48:00 -
[42]
I've been wondering about this for awhile now, so I'm posting to bring this back up.
The last post on here was on 2011.02.01 11:48:00?! Really It's been a Month and no new info? wtf ? I voted so I want to know who all won.
|

Allataria
Caldari EdgeGamers
|
Posted - 2011.02.01 17:23:00 -
[43]
I hope the Abdial wins
That Amarr battleships just looking intimidating and crazy awesome.
|

Obsidian Hawk
RONA Legion RONA Directorate
|
Posted - 2011.02.01 17:39:00 -
[44]
It was all about the Peregine and Kite, the guy went above and beyond the call of the contest, not only did he design the ship, he designed all the subsystems and showed how they were put together.
Now personal opinions
Oblivion and apotheon - sorry guys, your ships look like the keres EWF Thor- looks like a myrmidon rolled around in a minmatar scrap yard.
Amarr commandship and the advent - +5
Vidar and liberty - Really fits the designs of their respective races.
But still my top 2 that should win are the Peregrine and the Kite by Silnys
|

Linna Excel
|
Posted - 2011.02.01 17:39:00 -
[45]
Meh. They aren't bad I guess but I kinda lost interest in this contest when none of mine made it to the semi-finals.
It probably would have been better though if you were only able to vote for one using the ingame browser.
|

Sylphs
|
Posted - 2011.02.01 17:54:00 -
[46]
Edited by: Sylphs on 01/02/2011 17:54:56 This contest is DOOMED !!
At first, we have Deviant Art who royally tells the community to F-O ignoring the context and previous art of the game and then gets mad at us when we tell them they are wrong. Then on the reroll, we have CCP who forces us to vote through Facebook and then goes mute, as talkative as a tombstone, before announcing the winners !
DOOMED i say !
The end of the world is soon !
|

Fennisair
Autocannons Anonymous
|
Posted - 2011.02.01 19:53:00 -
[47]
Pleeeaaasse CCP... put in 3-4 months extra-hard work and just add them all? They all look freakin' awesome! |

Jarek Cyphus
|
Posted - 2011.02.01 20:12:00 -
[48]
The Peregrine is an interesting concept. Abdiel is incredible (I'd fly Amarr for that). My love still goes out to the Tornado from the DeviantArt contest. I set my alt to max out Battleship and Large Arty Spec for that ship alone. |

Jarek Cyphus
|
Posted - 2011.02.01 20:16:00 -
[49]
The Ascog makes me think of the Sulaco more than the Rokh does...perhaps why I like it. Come to think of it, the Ascog would make for a PERFECT hybrid turret Marauder. |

Panhead4411
|
Posted - 2011.02.02 04:46:00 -
[50]
Alright,
Raise your hand if you voted for the Porpoise...)
Neat concept though...just roll is already filled with current ships..
|

Myxx
Risen Angels
|
Posted - 2011.02.02 04:55:00 -
[51]
Originally by: syphurous The whole thing was run pretty horrid.
Entry Rules got changed during the competition.
Placement on the semi finalists page appeared to be based on votes, meaning those with least votes sunk quickly to the bottom of the page. So those without enough friends to bomb the voting instantly dropped to the bottom of the page meaning those at the top of the page instantly got a few votes to fill up the perceived idea that they must vote for 3. I pimped for votes and watched my placement on the page move shortly after I had done so early in the competition.
Limited API was not required to make an entry, meaning any one with there own personal vote bombing networks could easily get more votes. So all Deviant Art and similar site members could easily achieve high number for votes meaning it again was not an Eve player vote, but Deviant Art voters yet again.
My personal pet peeve, Artists names were displayed with the entries. I had to share my name with people in order to ask for their votes. So much for the internet anonymity I had. Immersion is kinda broken when someone uses my RL name in the middle of playing.
The whole thing was a marketing campaign to get peoples Facebook info through the cheeky use of the Facebook Application api. I doubt I won anything, but at least someone at CCP liked my entry enough to make it a semi finalist.
Congrats to the winners, I don't doubt you didn't earn your reward.
This, I refuse to use facebook, didnt even look at the page and didn't vote. I hate it and refuse to allow personal security to be compromised because of their horrid policies. --
Originally by: CCP Explorer (and if you guys would also stop using Drakes it would be really appreciated, kthxbye).
|

Nypheas Azurai
|
Posted - 2011.02.02 05:48:00 -
[52]
I think it's the whole inappropriateness of it. If CCP want to generate hype via facebook fan page fine. But when they are voting on matters that affect the game in a real and visual way, it's time to get professional.
It's like the difference between the President of the United States having a 'likable' facebook fan page (go ahead, knock yourself out with likes) but then deciding to conduct the next round of regional voting via the presidency's facebook page (fail, utter utter fail).
CCP, stop embarrassing yourself, and us your playerbase, by having your capacities to hold a simple voting system dependent on facebook (which is a joke for any legitimate voting platform for what should be obvious reasons).
|

Cpt Advile
|
Posted - 2011.02.02 10:37:00 -
[53]
I think one of the reasons they used facebook is so the people couldn't generate clicks too easily.
But that's probably the only "up" side of this whole failbook thing. I don't have that book and I don't plan on doing it. I join with the angry mob on this one and would also like to hear why CCP used the facebook thingy... With the side-order of "who became the final 5" in the contest. ________________________________ ACXtreme @ deviantart |

flapie 2
Gallente
|
Posted - 2011.02.02 12:03:00 -
[54]
Originally by: Cpt Advile
Originally by: CCP Spitfire
Originally by: Cpt Advile bump for infos? CCP?
Infos requested and coming up to this thread as soon as reasonably possible.
I'm just saying that you guys already did the hard part of picking out 40 submissions, now the players voted that down to 20... All there's left to do is sit down for an hour or two, grab a few beers while choosing the final 5 and have a good time.
You make it sound so easy, if i whas a employee of CCP i would like to give it some good thought tho. I would like to know the winner as soon as possible to, dont get me wrong, and i would drink beer during picking as well. Never the less you dont want it to turn out in a blindfolded pick 
|

Cunane
Gallente Federal Defence Union
|
Posted - 2011.02.02 14:17:00 -
[55]
Edited by: Cunane on 02/02/2011 14:19:20 I completely forgot about that! looking forward to seeing who won
*edit* Prometis please *Drools*
|

Kuseka Adama
Gallente Northstar Cabal R.A.G.E
|
Posted - 2011.02.02 14:24:00 -
[56]
Originally by: flapie 2
Originally by: Cpt Advile
Originally by: CCP Spitfire
Originally by: Cpt Advile bump for infos? CCP?
Infos requested and coming up to this thread as soon as reasonably possible.
I'm just saying that you guys already did the hard part of picking out 40 submissions, now the players voted that down to 20... All there's left to do is sit down for an hour or two, grab a few beers while choosing the final 5 and have a good time.
You make it sound so easy, if i whas a employee of CCP i would like to give it some good thought tho. I would like to know the winner as soon as possible to, dont get me wrong, and i would drink beer during picking as well. Never the less you dont want it to turn out in a blindfolded pick 
I have to agree. There are a few though that are going to add a whole new mechanical dimension if put in. Pavel's is a Torp rigged ship with a Yamato style cannon aboard. Currently weapons like that don't exist in the game (ST/SW torps and charged cannons) The Cannon is found only on Titans. Nothing smaller. Technically you could compare amaar lasers but the mechanics are closer to Minmatar artillery in style. Wouldn't mind seeing it. Not sure CCP will code it into the game.
David L's battleship is of a strange design. Almost like a Wing Commander Tiger's Claw. (Search it if you want to understand what i'm talking about) Ships like that have a specific purpose. The sides are protecting something. Is it a charged cannon? (Simular to the top) or will it bring Carrier capabilities to the sub capital class?
The Peregrine is the single biggest ship that was left out of the discussion for the dA disaster. I am damn proud to see it among the finalists here but CCP will have to make 3 others of the same class and bring an entirely new class of ship to the game. T3 BC's That's really going to rock the landscape. I'd love to see it and the playerbase wants another set of T3's but can CCP do it?
Can these be done? Hell yes. Is CCP however willing to make the changes necessary for these ships? These three ships in particular have the possibility for game changing capabilities on them. And before i forget. I noticed the Vanguard Class vessels too. Again new role new purpose. CCP will be picking the five they like the most but at the same time this now enters into a game balance discussion. The Art Department might have the final say (i looked at the rules as i typed this to make sure i wasn't speaking out of my ass.) But expect the devs to have a strong say in what direction they want this to go. Nothing's out of the realm of possibility but given CCP's track record on certain things. The rubber's gonna meet the road on this one. I'm not sure what's gonna happen when it does.
Taking names and kicking ass. All in the search for Bubblegum. |

ivar R'dhak
|
Posted - 2011.02.02 15:14:00 -
[57]
Edited by: ivar R''dhak on 02/02/2011 15:15:45 I would start training Amarr BS5 and T2 large lasers for the Abdiel. And that¦s with my portrait background!
Magnificent design.
Unless of course it¦s prenerfed to hell or a useless specialty ship. ______________ Mal-¦Appears we got here just in a nick of time. What does that make us?¦ Zoe-`Big damn heroes, sir.` Mal-¦Aint we just.¦ |

Serpents smile
|
Posted - 2011.02.03 08:05:00 -
[58]
Bumping back to the front page because this *is* getting ridiculous.
CCP, ARE WE THERE YET?
|

Cpt Advile
|
Posted - 2011.02.03 17:18:00 -
[59]
nightly bump at least break the com silence... tell me if ur just ignoring or working on the subject or...? ________________________________ ACXtreme @ deviantart |

Ay'a
|
Posted - 2011.02.04 11:49:00 -
[60]
Lets see the winners please!
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |