| Pages: 1 2 3 [4] :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Dimitri Forgroth
|
Posted - 2005.11.15 17:49:00 -
[91]
Originally by: Corto Maltese Edited by: Corto Maltese on 14/11/2005 12:22:43
Originally by: Meatsim
Originally by: Elve Sorrow W0lverine, you may be in my corp but youre making completely retarded statements. Please sod off.
Zealot is not overpowered. It pays for its easy fitting by a total lack of versatility, along with being immensily predictable. Its ****easy to counter.
And is the Deimos not predictable too? ALl these Amarr fanboys just need to open their eyes and realise the Zealot needs nerfing. I HOPE THEY NERF IT TO HELL AND BACK. And that's coming from an AMarr. It is int he best interests of the game for ships to be balanced, not the same just balanced. No way a Zealot should be able to fit medium guns, 2 x 1600 plates, med rep etc. That is simply retarded and anybody who argues against that fact needs a good fisting. I am right, kthanx bye.
It can't fit 2 1600 plates and medium guns. Medium pulse/beam are small guns. Heavy pulse/beam are mediums. With the exception to Focused medium pulse/beam which are infact mediums.
Originally by: meridius --- 4x Quad Light Beam II
-- 10mn AB II Web Disruptor
- 1600mm rolled tung (10%) 1600mm nanofiber (5%) 4x HS 2 1x RCU II
DPS Sheet |

Dimitri Forgroth
Infortunatus Eventus Cruel Intentions
|
Posted - 2005.11.15 17:49:00 -
[92]
Originally by: Corto Maltese Edited by: Corto Maltese on 14/11/2005 12:22:43
Originally by: Meatsim
Originally by: Elve Sorrow W0lverine, you may be in my corp but youre making completely ******** statements. Please sod off.
Zealot is not overpowered. It pays for its easy fitting by a total lack of versatility, along with being immensily predictable. Its ****easy to counter.
And is the Deimos not predictable too? ALl these Amarr fanboys just need to open their eyes and realise the Zealot needs nerfing. I HOPE THEY NERF IT TO HELL AND BACK. And that's coming from an AMarr. It is int he best interests of the game for ships to be balanced, not the same just balanced. No way a Zealot should be able to fit medium guns, 2 x 1600 plates, med rep etc. That is simply ******** and anybody who argues against that fact needs a good fisting. I am right, kthanx bye.
It can't fit 2 1600 plates and medium guns. Medium pulse/beam are small guns. Heavy pulse/beam are mediums. With the exception to Focused medium pulse/beam which are infact mediums.
Originally by: meridius --- 4x Quad Light Beam II
-- 10mn AB II Web Disruptor
- 1600mm rolled tung (10%) 1600mm nanofiber (5%) 4x HS 2 1x RCU II
Quick Capacitor Calculator |

Corto Maltese
|
Posted - 2005.11.25 05:49:00 -
[93]
Edited by: Corto Maltese on 25/11/2005 05:54:20
Originally by: Dimitri Forgroth
Originally by: Corto Maltese Edited by: Corto Maltese on 14/11/2005 12:22:43
Originally by: Meatsim
Originally by: Elve Sorrow W0lverine, you may be in my corp but youre making completely retarded statements. Please sod off.
Zealot is not overpowered. It pays for its easy fitting by a total lack of versatility, along with being immensily predictable. Its ****easy to counter.
And is the Deimos not predictable too? ALl these Amarr fanboys just need to open their eyes and realise the Zealot needs nerfing. I HOPE THEY NERF IT TO HELL AND BACK. And that's coming from an AMarr. It is int he best interests of the game for ships to be balanced, not the same just balanced. No way a Zealot should be able to fit medium guns, 2 x 1600 plates, med rep etc. That is simply retarded and anybody who argues against that fact needs a good fisting. I am right, kthanx bye.
It can't fit 2 1600 plates and medium guns. Medium pulse/beam are small guns. Heavy pulse/beam are mediums. With the exception to Focused medium pulse/beam which are infact mediums.
Originally by: meridius --- 4x Quad Light Beam II
-- 10mn AB II Web Disruptor
- 1600mm rolled tung (10%) 1600mm nanofiber (5%) 4x HS 2 1x RCU II
Wow, didn't really notice that he had quad lights on there . ___________________________________
|

Corto Maltese
Deep Core Mining Inc.
|
Posted - 2005.11.25 05:49:00 -
[94]
Edited by: Corto Maltese on 25/11/2005 05:54:20
Originally by: Dimitri Forgroth
Originally by: Corto Maltese Edited by: Corto Maltese on 14/11/2005 12:22:43
Originally by: Meatsim
Originally by: Elve Sorrow W0lverine, you may be in my corp but youre making completely ******** statements. Please sod off.
Zealot is not overpowered. It pays for its easy fitting by a total lack of versatility, along with being immensily predictable. Its ****easy to counter.
And is the Deimos not predictable too? ALl these Amarr fanboys just need to open their eyes and realise the Zealot needs nerfing. I HOPE THEY NERF IT TO HELL AND BACK. And that's coming from an AMarr. It is int he best interests of the game for ships to be balanced, not the same just balanced. No way a Zealot should be able to fit medium guns, 2 x 1600 plates, med rep etc. That is simply ******** and anybody who argues against that fact needs a good fisting. I am right, kthanx bye.
It can't fit 2 1600 plates and medium guns. Medium pulse/beam are small guns. Heavy pulse/beam are mediums. With the exception to Focused medium pulse/beam which are infact mediums.
Originally by: meridius --- 4x Quad Light Beam II
-- 10mn AB II Web Disruptor
- 1600mm rolled tung (10%) 1600mm nanofiber (5%) 4x HS 2 1x RCU II
Wow, didn't really notice that he had quad lights on there .
|

Malken
|
Posted - 2005.11.25 06:56:00 -
[95]
i fly the zealot and it can be easily countered. its not like you do not know what to expect from a zealot.
ifit is to loose powergrid then i would like your 15 tech2 guns that has 30k range and zooms around your ship attacking anything that attacks you in a instant without the need for targeting/cap/cpu/powergrid.
have a nice day.
|

Malken
|
Posted - 2005.11.25 06:56:00 -
[96]
i fly the zealot and it can be easily countered. its not like you do not know what to expect from a zealot.
ifit is to loose powergrid then i would like your 15 tech2 guns that has 30k range and zooms around your ship attacking anything that attacks you in a instant without the need for targeting/cap/cpu/powergrid.
have a nice day.
Quote:
[05:17:46] Obiareus > freindlies dock or safespot [05:17:51] Obiareus > YOU CANNOT WIN
|

Denrace
|
Posted - 2005.11.25 10:34:00 -
[97]
Edited by: Denrace on 25/11/2005 10:34:53 To the guy who said the Zealot needs a nerf:
Get a clue!!
A single tracking disruptor will pretty much render a Zealot useless.
It does EM/Thermal Dmg, which SUCKS against armour tanking ships.
It is useless for attacking most Minmatar ships.
See? Its not so great now is it, bud.
It is awesomely powerful, and has some awfully big drawbacks too. Seems pretty fair to me. Now, the best possible PVP setup is plates and QLB II's. ROF 1.6 seconds, dmg mod nearly x5
This setup can kill an Ishtar.
Also, whack a medium neut in the spare high slot. ____________________________________________
|

Denrace
Amarr PURE Legion Pure.
|
Posted - 2005.11.25 10:34:00 -
[98]
Edited by: Denrace on 25/11/2005 10:34:53 To the guy who said the Zealot needs a nerf:
Get a clue!!
A single tracking disruptor will pretty much render a Zealot useless.
It does EM/Thermal Dmg, which SUCKS against armour tanking ships.
It is useless for attacking most Minmatar ships.
See? Its not so great now is it, bud.
It is awesomely powerful, and has some awfully big drawbacks too. Seems pretty fair to me. Now, the best possible PVP setup is plates and QLB II's. ROF 1.6 seconds, dmg mod nearly x5
This setup can kill an Ishtar.
Also, whack a medium neut in the spare high slot. ________________________________________
Holder of 21 Hobo Points. See my bio for info |

Jon Ogden
|
Posted - 2005.12.08 02:43:00 -
[99]
My Zealot was jumped by 2 Thoraxes and I went down in flames after a fairly long fight. My setup was similar to most others here:
HI: 3 Heavy Pulse II 1 Med pulse II 1 Med Nos II
Med: Scrambler Web AB
Low: 1 1600 tung plate 3 HS II 1 cap relay 1 thermal hardner 1 med repper II
What would have been my best tactic to survive this? They were in close, I was scrambled, and I assume they used blasters. They used a full set of berserkers and I think I should have shot at the drones first instead of the thoraxes. I assume priority #1 should be to eliminate the damage cability of my opponent before actually killing them but I don't know.
Comments?
|

Jon Ogden
Playboy Enterprises
|
Posted - 2005.12.08 02:43:00 -
[100]
My Zealot was jumped by 2 Thoraxes and I went down in flames after a fairly long fight. My setup was similar to most others here:
HI: 3 Heavy Pulse II 1 Med pulse II 1 Med Nos II
Med: Scrambler Web AB
Low: 1 1600 tung plate 3 HS II 1 cap relay 1 thermal hardner 1 med repper II
What would have been my best tactic to survive this? They were in close, I was scrambled, and I assume they used blasters. They used a full set of berserkers and I think I should have shot at the drones first instead of the thoraxes. I assume priority #1 should be to eliminate the damage cability of my opponent before actually killing them but I don't know.
Comments?
|

throbbinnoggin
|
Posted - 2005.12.08 04:52:00 -
[101]
Originally by: Jon Ogden My Zealot was jumped by 2 Thoraxes and I went down in flames after a fairly long fight. My setup was similar to most others here:
HI: 3 Heavy Pulse II 1 Med pulse II 1 Med Nos II
Med: Scrambler Web AB
Low: 1 1600 tung plate 3 HS II 1 cap relay 1 thermal hardner 1 med repper II
What would have been my best tactic to survive this? They were in close, I was scrambled, and I assume they used blasters. They used a full set of berserkers and I think I should have shot at the drones first instead of the thoraxes. I assume priority #1 should be to eliminate the damage cability of my opponent before actually killing them but I don't know.
Comments?
1st big flaw I can see in your setup is the use of a frig size med pulse in a ship that gets a double bonus for cruiser size weaps. Get rid of the medium pulse/3 hvy pulse setup in highs. The following is a decent setup that is closest in resemblence to yours:
High: 4 * Focused medium pulse2 1 * Medium nos2 Mids: 1 * 10ab2 1 * Faint or fleeting warp disruptor 1 * Fleeting web Lows: 1 * Medium rep2 1 * 1600 Rolled tung 1 * N-type thermal hardener 3 * Heat sink2 1 * Power diag2 (to fit the above will need this in place of cpr, at least I do)
In that particular situation it depends on what they were using for guns. Odds are they were using 1600 plate setup raxes w/ frig size guns - rails or blasters or maybe even lasers. If so, even though they were using the worst type of drones against you; explosive drones against your 80% resists, I would've webbed and whacked their drones 1st since their non damage assisted frig guns are not the main source of their firepower. Also their tanks will be a bit thick.
On the other hand if *gasp* they were actually using cruiser size blasters, I would've gone for the ships, since w/ cruiser size weaps their tanks wouldve been mediocre and their guns would've been doing more of the damage.
Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt. 'Abraham Lincoln'
|

throbbinnoggin
Gallente Eminent Domain
|
Posted - 2005.12.08 04:52:00 -
[102]
Originally by: Jon Ogden My Zealot was jumped by 2 Thoraxes and I went down in flames after a fairly long fight. My setup was similar to most others here:
HI: 3 Heavy Pulse II 1 Med pulse II 1 Med Nos II
Med: Scrambler Web AB
Low: 1 1600 tung plate 3 HS II 1 cap relay 1 thermal hardner 1 med repper II
What would have been my best tactic to survive this? They were in close, I was scrambled, and I assume they used blasters. They used a full set of berserkers and I think I should have shot at the drones first instead of the thoraxes. I assume priority #1 should be to eliminate the damage cability of my opponent before actually killing them but I don't know.
Comments?
1st big flaw I can see in your setup is the use of a frig size med pulse in a ship that gets a double bonus for cruiser size weaps. Get rid of the medium pulse/3 hvy pulse setup in highs. The following is a decent setup that is closest in resemblence to yours:
High: 4 * Focused medium pulse2 1 * Medium nos2 Mids: 1 * 10ab2 1 * Faint or fleeting warp disruptor 1 * Fleeting web Lows: 1 * Medium rep2 1 * 1600 Rolled tung 1 * N-type thermal hardener 3 * Heat sink2 1 * Power diag2 (to fit the above will need this in place of cpr, at least I do)
In that particular situation it depends on what they were using for guns. Odds are they were using 1600 plate setup raxes w/ frig size guns - rails or blasters or maybe even lasers. If so, even though they were using the worst type of drones against you; explosive drones against your 80% resists, I would've webbed and whacked their drones 1st since their non damage assisted frig guns are not the main source of their firepower. Also their tanks will be a bit thick.
On the other hand if *gasp* they were actually using cruiser size blasters, I would've gone for the ships, since w/ cruiser size weaps their tanks wouldve been mediocre and their guns would've been doing more of the damage.
Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt. 'Abraham Lincoln' |

Jon Ogden
|
Posted - 2005.12.08 05:29:00 -
[103]
Thanks for the tips. If I recall, I put the small laser on since that was the only thing that would fit when I had 3 heavies plus the Nos and everything else installed. In addition, I figured it would be useful to hit either drones or frigs if necessary.
Is there any benefit to using 3 heavy lasers and 2 Nos? I wonder if having a 2nd Nos would have allowed me to shut an enemy down faster.
|

Jon Ogden
Playboy Enterprises
|
Posted - 2005.12.08 05:29:00 -
[104]
Thanks for the tips. If I recall, I put the small laser on since that was the only thing that would fit when I had 3 heavies plus the Nos and everything else installed. In addition, I figured it would be useful to hit either drones or frigs if necessary.
Is there any benefit to using 3 heavy lasers and 2 Nos? I wonder if having a 2nd Nos would have allowed me to shut an enemy down faster.
|

throbbinnoggin
|
Posted - 2005.12.08 08:31:00 -
[105]
Originally by: Jon Ogden Thanks for the tips. If I recall, I put the small laser on since that was the only thing that would fit when I had 3 heavies plus the Nos and everything else installed. In addition, I figured it would be useful to hit either drones or frigs if necessary.
Is there any benefit to using 3 heavy lasers and 2 Nos? I wonder if having a 2nd Nos would have allowed me to shut an enemy down faster.
Heavy drone + focused pulse2 + web = "pop". Plus not too many frigs/ceptors want to get within web/nos/optimal gun range of a Zealot. A single frig size gun is not imo going to prove much of a use or deterent against drones or frigs. Equiping a 2nd nos to the ship sorta goes against the grain. You are sacrificing too much offensive dps (25% in losing one gun) in fitting. If you want to go that route better to get a "Sucriledge", fit dual nos/launchers and slowly wear him down while outtanking him. The quickest way to shut down an enemy w/ this ship is damage.
Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt. 'Abraham Lincoln'
|

throbbinnoggin
Gallente Eminent Domain
|
Posted - 2005.12.08 08:31:00 -
[106]
Originally by: Jon Ogden Thanks for the tips. If I recall, I put the small laser on since that was the only thing that would fit when I had 3 heavies plus the Nos and everything else installed. In addition, I figured it would be useful to hit either drones or frigs if necessary.
Is there any benefit to using 3 heavy lasers and 2 Nos? I wonder if having a 2nd Nos would have allowed me to shut an enemy down faster.
Heavy drone + focused pulse2 + web = "pop". Plus not too many frigs/ceptors want to get within web/nos/optimal gun range of a Zealot. A single frig size gun is not imo going to prove much of a use or deterent against drones or frigs. Equiping a 2nd nos to the ship sorta goes against the grain. You are sacrificing too much offensive dps (25% in losing one gun) in fitting. If you want to go that route better to get a "Sucriledge", fit dual nos/launchers and slowly wear him down while outtanking him. The quickest way to shut down an enemy w/ this ship is damage.
Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt. 'Abraham Lincoln' |

Jon Ogden
|
Posted - 2005.12.09 03:03:00 -
[107]
Originally by: throbbinnoggin Heavy drone + focused pulse2 + web = "pop".
Whattya mean "heavy drone"?
|

Jon Ogden
Playboy Enterprises
|
Posted - 2005.12.09 03:03:00 -
[108]
Originally by: throbbinnoggin Heavy drone + focused pulse2 + web = "pop".
Whattya mean "heavy drone"?
|

Asurix
|
Posted - 2006.02.05 19:37:00 -
[109]
4x heavy pulse II, 1x med diminishing AB, 20km, web MAR II, Energized Thermic II, Energized Nano II, 3x HSII, 1x CPR
|

Tigerfish Torpedo
Underworld Protection Agency The Crimson Federation
|
Posted - 2007.05.25 16:55:00 -
[110]
Okies, so I'm confused as to why the 1600 plate is so popular on this ship... I mean, I've only owned my Zealot about 2 hours, but the setup I'm currently experimenting with is:
4 Focused Medium Pulse II, 1 Medium NOS II,
1 20k Warp Disruptor, 1 AB II, 1 Medium Cap Booster - 400 Charges,
1 Medium Armor Repper II, 1 Damage Control II, 1 Thermal Hardner II, 3 Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II, 1 Heat Sink II.
Seems to work well enough, but I'm suffering a lack of damage output. Also, the Conflagration crystals really suffer from tracking issues... Meh :) I'll keep playing :)
Tiger.
|

Amelis Laucian
Caldari Ore Mongers R0ADKILL
|
Posted - 2007.05.25 17:21:00 -
[111]
what zealot lacks in turrets it makes up for in low's for dmg mods, fit more HSs if you dont like your dps, 3 EANMs is virtually useless anyway, bigger guns imo.
|

ReePeR McAllem
The Carebear Stare
|
Posted - 2007.05.25 17:52:00 -
[112]
Zealot, this takes me back a bit. Never flew one since recons came out but, heres my old set-up. Used to dominate with it. I've changed set-up with new modules and rigs avaliable
4 x Heavy Pulse II (conflag, scorch) 1 x Corpum Medium Nos. ------------- AB II Warp Disruptor II Fleeting Webber ------------- 1 x True Sansha Medium Repper (360 repaired and low PG) 3 x Heatsink II 1 x EANM II (or True Sansha) 1 x Thermal Hardener II 1 x DCU II
2 x CCC Rigs
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 [4] :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |