| Pages: 1 2 3 4 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 9 post(s) |

Kedo
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:08:00 -
[1]
I just tried to log on and it says Logging in as Kedo and the bar only goes half way and stops. Something messed up with servers tonight? I was on earlier with no probs . . . -----------------------------------------------
|

Sinistro
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:09:00 -
[2]
Same problem here, was just checking eve-forum to see if more had problems with this
|
|

Abdalion

|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:10:00 -
[3]
Others are feeling your pain as well, and having the same issue. --
I ♥ You.... ® Shepherd of the [23] |
|

Azeusus
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:10:00 -
[4]
yup same no loggy loggy for me either. Entering as Azeusus "please wait forever" 
|

Imhotep Khem
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:12:00 -
[5]
What he said  ____ If your not dyin' your not tryin'. |

MarkX
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:12:00 -
[6]
Same here, and Saturday night too, nooo!
|

Rhanda
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:12:00 -
[7]
I have the same problem. Any chance it'll get fixed tonight, or should just try again in the morning?
|
|

Abdalion

|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:13:00 -
[8]
Originally by: Imhotep Khem What he said 
Yea, ugh. --
I ♥ You.... ® Shepherd of the [23] |
|

Kedo
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:14:00 -
[9]
Looks like a large fleet battle that was happening knocked the server out . . . Wonder when it will come back up -----------------------------------------------
|

Shaina
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:15:00 -
[10]
/signed
-- I'm too lame to have a cool signature. |

alt11112
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:16:00 -
[11]
cant log in my chars that are in agil and stain region, but i can with a char thats in yulai and cache, strange 
|

Jester87
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:20:00 -
[12]
Same Prob... Cant get fully into game.
|

Kedo
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:22:00 -
[13]
Alt thats cause Stain had a battle today, and since servers are clusters if you on a diff cluster you should be fine. Wierd that I am in caldari space tho and i cant log in heh, I am not exactly sure how thier server clusters are shaped must include caldari space. -----------------------------------------------
|
|

Abdalion

|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:29:00 -
[14]
Time to get something to eat I guess!
You guys be nice for a few minutes, while I go nuke something.
BRB --
I ♥ You.... ® Shepherd of the [23] |
|

Kyle Caldrel
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:29:00 -
[15]
Originally by: Kedo Looks like a large fleet battle that was happening knocked the server out . . . Wonder when it will come back up
fleet battle was hours ago. Regardless, it gets mucked up at night for some reason :S
|

Snyper Kitten
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:29:00 -
[16]
cantlog in on either of my 2 accounts  and they are on totally opposite sides of the eve universe -------------------- You thought you saw a putty tat? Best bang since the big one |

Dsanta2345
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:30:00 -
[17]
as i couldnt look up bios and got stuck in map loading then logged and relogged i sit at a black screen in horror.
|

Major Wrench
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:32:00 -
[18]
hey im stuck too, you deleted my other post so you gonna sort this sever logging problem out for us please
|

Aotearorian
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:33:00 -
[19]
same problem
|

sphinchter
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:33:00 -
[20]
rawr! troubles here, too
|
|

Abdalion

|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:34:00 -
[21]
The powers that be already know....thats the best I can say.
I too wanted to play tonight... --
I ♥ You.... ® Shepherd of the [23] |
|

Shadowmehr
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:35:00 -
[22]
Same here. None of my characters on any of my 3 accounts will load up. Almost all my characters are located in the Metropolis Region, Jonar Constellation.
Respectfully,
Shadowmehr
|

Talthrus
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:35:00 -
[23]
I've made it to the "Setup Station" portion of logging in! *continues waiting*
----------------------
|
|

Abdalion

|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:36:00 -
[24]
Originally by: Talthrus
I've made it to the "Setup Station" portion of logging in! *continues waiting*
Reminds me of something I read somewhere....
"If I am not back in 5 minutes, wait longer!" --
I ♥ You.... ® Shepherd of the [23] |
|

Dsanta2345
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:37:00 -
[25]
Originally by: Abdalion The powers that be already know....thats the best I can say.
I too wanted to play tonight...
this happens way to often to not be reimbursed, as i was saying 5 hrs ago to reboot the servers. when tash murkon lags the servers should be rebooted, its just common sense.
|

Phonix
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:37:00 -
[26]
I'm really getting sick of this sh!t.. It has been doing this for the last 5 day's...
CCP Fix your goddamn game !!!!
We are back. |

Hamatitio
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:41:00 -
[27]
DIE Evil servers. ------
Director of Ganking: Deathrow Inc |

Dsanta2345
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:42:00 -
[28]
like i said i said it earlier:
Linkage
|

Paul Kersey
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:42:00 -
[29]
Crashed to desktop twice now can't relog. Dammit. I have a full can of veldspar I need to pick up too =(
|

Dsanta2345
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:43:00 -
[30]
Originally by: Stormfront This happened 2 weeks back. Server was taken down after a good 100 posts on forum (just 2 hrs before DT).
Happened again last night, server crashed. No msg was given about issues. It just went down and took everyone with it.
Happening again tonight. About the same time +-2 hrs.
Think we need to expect this to happen every night now.
i mem that
|

Stormfront
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:43:00 -
[31]
This happened 2 weeks back. Server was taken down after a good 100 posts on forum (just 2 hrs before DT).
Happened again last night, server crashed. No msg was given about issues. It just went down and took everyone with it.
Happening again tonight. About the same time +-2 hrs.
Think we need to expect this to happen every night now.
|

EDacIouSX
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:44:00 -
[32]
....... My xanga My myspace |

infused
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:44:00 -
[33]
Edited by: infused on 28/08/2005 05:44:54 Can't log on, can'tt show info, can't open hanagers 
Oh, still can't pay for my second accont :P
[EvE Domination]
YARRRRRR!!!!!!!!! |
|

Abdalion

|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:45:00 -
[34]
There is obviously a problem....
They are looking into it. --
I ♥ You.... ® Shepherd of the [23] |
|

Dark Shikari
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:46:00 -
[35]
Originally by: Phonix
tbh it's not fun to get home from work, and not beable to login to a game you "pay" for..
Have you played WoW at all?
You "pay" for it, but the server's down all day...  -- Proud member of the [23].
Selling Capital Cargo Bays and Kernite Mining Crystal IIs, cheaper than anyone else. |

Phonix
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:46:00 -
[36]
Alot of people from the US experiance these problems for the last week or so.
tbh it's not fun to get home from work, and not beable to login to a game you "pay" for..
CCP need to address this or atleast let the commuity know whats going on..
We are back. |

Dsanta2345
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:47:00 -
[37]
Originally by: Abdalion There is obviously a problem....
They are looking into it.
yep...prob same O same O.
wiring on server fell off, ISP stopped providing, our servers are out of date, etc etc
|

infused
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:47:00 -
[38]
Time to play some WoW :) nah just kidding, i'm not that low... CS 
[EvE Domination]
YARRRRRR!!!!!!!!! |

Stormfront
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:47:00 -
[39]
Phonix I want you guys to make me a sig too...
PLEAAAASSSSEEEE!!!!
|

Talthrus
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:47:00 -
[40]
Originally by: Abdalion
Originally by: Talthrus
I've made it to the "Setup Station" portion of logging in! *continues waiting*
Reminds me of something I read somewhere....
"If I am not back in 5 minutes, wait longer!"
It's the only way . I've managed to keep myself wide awake by drinking copious amounts of caffeine without thinking again .
Oh well. When you are wide awake in the middle of the night with your precious EVE not functioning, flash games will have to do!
Damn ... just got blown up again .
----------------------
|

Phonix
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:49:00 -
[41]
Originally by: Stormfront Phonix I want you guys to make me a sig too...
PLEAAAASSSSEEEE!!!!
We are making some for the 5 atm but with purple backrounds
Enslaver gets the first one ^^
We are back. |

Aktar
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:50:00 -
[42]
Probably just the server node lagging out. Usually when a large gank fleet shows up this happens. 
|
|

Abdalion

|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:53:00 -
[43]
Originally by: Phonix Alot of people from the US experiance these problems for the last week or so.
tbh it's not fun to get home from work, and not beable to login to a game you "pay" for..
CCP need to address this or atleast let the commuity know whats going on..
Like I said before, they are aware of the issue, and are working to solve it.
If there is relevant news to pass along to the community, they will do so. --
I ♥ You.... ® Shepherd of the [23] |
|

Sunflare
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:53:00 -
[44]
Originally by: Hamatitio DIE Evil servers.
Seems like they already did
|

infused
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:54:00 -
[45]
Originally by: Hamatitio DIE Ebil servers.
Fixed. 
[EvE Domination]
YARRRRRR!!!!!!!!! |

DeMundus
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:55:00 -
[46]
THX ALOT CCP!!! You know the problem would be there because it has been there the same time the last couple of days!!! And now I can't change skills - valuble time is lost!!!
Love and hate is so closly related
|

Jennai
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:59:00 -
[47]
Edited by: Jennai on 28/08/2005 05:59:04 I have characters in oursulaert, jita, and yulai, and none of them can log in.
where are these 6000 people that it says are currently playing?
|

Talthrus
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 05:59:00 -
[48]
*GASP* My bar moved even more!
To be honest, his type of thing is to be expected in an MMO. EVE's servers suprisingly almost never crash though (yay CCP). Just be glad CCP is working around the clock to fix issues like this.
Oh how much it was waiting 12 hours for a server operator to come online to even begin fixing a frequently crashing server on another MMO I used to play ...
----------------------
|

Aktar
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 06:04:00 -
[49]
Problem appears to be limited to the area around Orvolle.
Other systems seem to be ok.
Gee I wonder what could be causing all the lag? 
|

Osiris Occido
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 06:04:00 -
[50]
Having troubles and cannot show info on anyone. Attempted to engage a hostile AF and my sb and mwd worked... but the aggression mods would not activate at all. I could warp and jump gates but wtf. Anyway, i see its being looked into so take this post as information if its helpful in the troubleshooting.
--- I see the server reboot message at 06:20. ok.
TSBS Video Vault |

Talthrus
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 06:05:00 -
[51]
Originally by: Aktar Problem appears to be limited to the area around Orvolle.
Other systems seem to be ok.
Gee I wonder what could be causing all the lag? 
I've got characters in Forge, Lonetrek, and Tribute and all of them can't get in. It seems to be a global problem.
Oooh ... I just got a "20 minutes until server reboot" message while watching my loading bar move ever so slowly. Hopefully this will fix the problem!
----------------------
|

Drahcir Nasom
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 06:08:00 -
[52]
Originally by: Abdalion
Originally by: Phonix Alot of people from the US experiance these problems for the last week or so.
tbh it's not fun to get home from work, and not beable to login to a game you "pay" for..
CCP need to address this or atleast let the commuity know whats going on..
Like I said before, they are aware of the issue, and are working to solve it.
If there is relevant news to pass along to the community, they will do so.
Abdalion
CCP should know their community by now, you get a lot less complaining when we know what is actually happening rather than just being left in the dark. This problem has been here the last 5 mornings, and has been fixed the last 5 mornings, how about a Dev coming here and explaining to us what the problem is. CCP has a reputation now of keeping it's players informed like no other MMORPG ever has, but then occasionally we get repeated glitches like this that we never get an explantion for, and that damages their reputation because it looks like they have something to hide.
Drahcir
|

Ampoliros
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 06:10:00 -
[53]
It wasn't as much a global problem I could tell; I was perfectly fine hanging around in domain. Most of the Gallente and Caldari regions seemed borked (probably because everyone hangs out there :P ).
Ah well, server restart soon.
|

Osiris Occido
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 06:11:00 -
[54]
Originally by: Vince Draken Even in the future nothing works!

TSBS Video Vault |

crom ralphfao
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 06:17:00 -
[55]
i felt a disturbance in the force....as if suddenly, thousands of pacifiers were pulled forcefully from our mouths.......hello!
|
|

Abdalion

|
Posted - 2005.08.28 06:18:00 -
[56]
Originally by: Drahcir Nasom
Abdalion
CCP should know their community by now, you get a lot less complaining when we know what is actually happening rather than just being left in the dark. This problem has been here the last 5 mornings, and has been fixed the last 5 mornings, how about a Dev coming here and explaining to us what the problem is. CCP has a reputation now of keeping it's players informed like no other MMORPG ever has, but then occasionally we get repeated glitches like this that we never get an explantion for, and that damages their reputation because it looks like they have something to hide.
Drahcir
Not saying that I disagree with you, but my responsibility is the forums. I can't make anyone tell anyone anything about something I know nothing about. I just passed along that there were issues. I too was affected by this problem.
As far as the issues for the last several days around the same time, I wasn't aware, at all. Again, I am concerned with the forums.
I would suggest that if you have a question about something specific, you can utilize the "Ask a question" link to the left. --
I ♥ You.... ® Shepherd of the [23] |
|

Jezala
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 06:18:00 -
[57]
That was either the fastest 10 mins of my life or we just suffered our daily network drop
|

Guntork
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 06:22:00 -
[58]
Don't reboot now, I finally got in after an hour of trying. Now will take another hour with the limits that will be set on reboot for login.
|

Stormfront
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 06:22:00 -
[59]
Rofl CCP jumped the gun or the server just gave them the finger.
|

Jennai
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 06:25:00 -
[60]
I logged into oursulaert for two minutes and then it went down again
|

Stormfront
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 06:25:00 -
[61]
And now CCP has given us the finger :p
|

Jonis Sinmaker
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 06:30:00 -
[62]
Originally by: Abdalion
Originally by: Drahcir Nasom
Abdalion
CCP should know their community by now, you get a lot less complaining when we know what is actually happening rather than just being left in the dark. This problem has been here the last 5 mornings, and has been fixed the last 5 mornings, how about a Dev coming here and explaining to us what the problem is. CCP has a reputation now of keeping it's players informed like no other MMORPG ever has, but then occasionally we get repeated glitches like this that we never get an explantion for, and that damages their reputation because it looks like they have something to hide.
Drahcir
Not saying that I disagree with you, but my responsibility is the forums. I can't make anyone tell anyone anything about something I know nothing about. I just passed along that there were issues. I too was affected by this problem.
As far as the issues for the last several days around the same time, I wasn't aware, at all. Again, I am concerned with the forums.
I would suggest that if you have a question about something specific, you can utilize the "Ask a question" link to the left.
Do you really want to tell thousands of ****ed off players to click on that link and "ASK A QUESTION" lol...Come on...that's like tell a 5 year old to grab only 1 piece of candy.....next thing you know you are going to have a **** load of guys who are bored, because eve is now down, asking stupid questions just to **** someone off.....actually....I'll be right back hehehehehe Semper Fi, Jonis- |

Kedo
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 06:35:00 -
[63]
Originally by: Stormfront And now CCP has given us the finger :p
CCP's Official Response:
I hope the mods have a sense of humor here  -----------------------------------------------
|

Alex Kynes
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 06:39:00 -
[64]
Originally by: Kedo
Originally by: Stormfront And now CCP has given us the finger :p
CCP's Official Response:
I hope the mods have a sense of humor here 
Mods are players too. 
-AK
|
|

Abdalion

|
Posted - 2005.08.28 06:41:00 -
[65]
Originally by: Jonis Sinmaker
Do you really want to tell thousands of ****ed off players to click on that link and "ASK A QUESTION" lol...Come on...that's like tell a 5 year old to grab only 1 piece of candy.....next thing you know you are going to have a **** load of guys who are bored, because eve is now down, asking stupid questions just to **** someone off.....actually....I'll be right back hehehehehe
I am sorry that you think the question is a stupid one.
The question as proposed above, would be something like this:
"Why do I experience connection difficulties every day a XX time"
I am just going by what the players earlier stated, that this was a common and daily problem for them, and they wanted answers. The recourse is, not to ask me, or to ask on the forums, but to ask via formal method set up for just such an occasion. --
I ♥ You.... ® Shepherd of the [23] |
|

Hra'Joni
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 06:49:00 -
[66]
I can't connect to the server at all.. been like this for about 20 minutes.. Is there some problem or is it just me? 
|

petergriffen
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 06:49:00 -
[67]
Starting up again \o/
|

Snake Jankins
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 06:49:00 -
[68]
Been mining and killing some BS in 0.0: Full can of hemorphite and bs loot...reboot notification...start to haul ... connection loss on both accounts ... relog ... crash ... relog ... warlord respawn .. connection loss ... relog ... belt empty ... gang invite for my hauler for a 'warp to member' ... gang invite failed ... tried again and again ... time passes and game shuts down. What a **** ! At least I was able to save the loot like an arbalest cruise etc.
|

Chewyguru
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 06:50:00 -
[69]
Originally by: Abdalion
Originally by: Jonis Sinmaker
Do you really want to tell thousands of ****ed off players to click on that link and "ASK A QUESTION" lol...Come on...that's like tell a 5 year old to grab only 1 piece of candy.....next thing you know you are going to have a **** load of guys who are bored, because eve is now down, asking stupid questions just to **** someone off.....actually....I'll be right back hehehehehe
I am sorry that you think the question is a stupid one.
The question as proposed above, would be something like this:
"Why do I experience connection difficulties every day a XX time"
I am just going by what the players earlier stated, that this was a common and daily problem for them, and they wanted answers. The recourse is, not to ask me, or to ask on the forums, but to ask via formal method set up for just such an occasion.
PWN'D
|

Jonis Sinmaker
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 06:50:00 -
[70]
I'm just poking fun at you buddy that's all....I was being sarcastic mostly, but if you think about it your timing with that response couldn't have come at a worst time....it's all about timing. Server goes down -> players mad AND bored (pacifiers pulled out was a good analogy lol) -> you give your "Ask a Question" answer -> thousands of players read this post -> half that send in sarcastic questions (funny to most, but not to CCP) -> Eve-Online website crashes due to lag. Ironic LOL
It's all in fun so don't think I'm picking on you....it's just what I would do...lol Semper Fi, Jonis- |

Hra'Joni
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 06:54:00 -
[71]
Originally by: petergriffen Starting up again \o/
So it seems. 
|

Jonis Sinmaker
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 06:54:00 -
[72]
Originally by: Chewyguru
Originally by: Abdalion
Originally by: Jonis Sinmaker
PWN'D
Hmmm you aren't the brightest bulb in the box are ya kid 
Semper Fi, Jonis-
|

Barbicane
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 06:59:00 -
[73]
I'm in!
and just as my skill had finished training - talk about timing there  |

Fidelis Deus
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 07:00:00 -
[74]
Am I the only one who still has this problem?
|

DeMundus
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 07:02:00 -
[75]
POST DOWNTIME: It takes it time to get in but its possible now.
|

Dsanta2345
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 07:02:00 -
[76]
my alt is still black screened, if im in a pod i will be seriously ****ed off, it crashed for me in a .4 in a roid belt.
|

Imhotep Khem
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 07:02:00 -
[77]
I see the servers are back up  ____ If your not dyin' your not tryin'. |

Alerion
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 07:03:00 -
[78]
Originally by: Fidelis Deus Am I the only one who still has this problem?
Same for me stuck on "Entering game..." even after reboot.
It could be that just a lot of people try to get on but it usually isnt this slow otherwise even then.
|

Snake Jankins
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 07:04:00 -
[79]
Edited by: Snake Jankins on 28/08/2005 07:05:16 ok, back in.
|

Snyper Kitten
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 07:04:00 -
[80]
servers are up and i got to log in BUT, when i undocked....just a black screen   guess ill try the old relog thingy -------------------- You thought you saw a putty tat? Best bang since the big one |

Osiris Occido
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 07:11:00 -
[81]
Hate to be the bringer of bad news but I still have issues. I have a 45+ second delay when jumping through stargates before the next system loads and I can manuever.
---- might be ok now, will reply if its still busted
TSBS Video Vault |

Eclissa
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 07:12:00 -
[82]
See the real problem is that regardless of where you ask, you arent going to get anything more than the bland statements that say absolutely nothing. Besides if the heat is to much for you, there is always barber college.
Originally by: Abdalion
Originally by: Jonis Sinmaker
Do you really want to tell thousands of ****ed off players to click on that link and "ASK A QUESTION" lol...Come on...that's like tell a 5 year old to grab only 1 piece of candy.....next thing you know you are going to have a **** load of guys who are bored, because eve is now down, asking stupid questions just to **** someone off.....actually....I'll be right back hehehehehe
I am sorry that you think the question is a stupid one.
The question as proposed above, would be something like this:
"Why do I experience connection difficulties every day a XX time"
I am just going by what the players earlier stated, that this was a common and daily problem for them, and they wanted answers. The recourse is, not to ask me, or to ask on the forums, but to ask via formal method set up for just such an occasion.
|

Aria Stardancer
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 07:58:00 -
[83]
Here's my series of events.
Servers go down, so i mess around on AOL for a bit (yea i roleplay in chats.. call me old-school) i wait till about 4am EST and log back on. enter the game fine, get into the station fine, i sell the minerals i had mined jsut befor the server whent down, and hit "exit station"
welp, that aparently was a mistake, as i got the "entering space" message, then a blackscreen of death. Now, when i try to log back in. i get the "Entering game as xxxxx" and the paralized loading bar at halfway.
How do you fix this?.. well, only way i know of is to have them restar the servers again, but i dought that'll hapen. Atleast for a few hours.
|

infused
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 08:12:00 -
[84]
^^ Try loggin in as a alt on that account, then try your main again
[EvE Domination]
YARRRRRR!!!!!!!!! |

TimW
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 08:12:00 -
[85]
Originally by: DeMundus THX ALOT CCP!!! You know the problem would be there because it has been there the same time the last couple of days!!! And now I can't change skills - valuble time is lost!!!
Love and hate is so closly related
Have to say it.
They CANNOT fix a problem until it has happened a few times and they discover a common element present each time it occurs. Before they discover the cause, they can't fix it - we have to live with that as users of modern software, using complicated languages that can in no way be guaranteed to function perfectly 24/7.
Nobody who uses this service has the same system as anyone else, we use different software and hardware (even in some small way) - the fact this program is as stable as it is is a bloody miracle - this coming from someone who works in game development.
|

Aria Stardancer
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 08:21:00 -
[86]
Originally by: TimW
Originally by: DeMundus THX ALOT CCP!!! You know the problem would be there because it has been there the same time the last couple of days!!! And now I can't change skills - valuble time is lost!!!
Love and hate is so closly related
Have to say it.
They CANNOT fix a problem until it has happened a few times and they discover a common element present each time it occurs. Before they discover the cause, they can't fix it - we have to live with that as users of modern software, using complicated languages that can in no way be guaranteed to function perfectly 24/7.
Nobody who uses this service has the same system as anyone else, we use different software and hardware (even in some small way) - the fact this program is as stable as it is is a bloody miracle - this coming from someone who works in game development.
The problem TimW is that stuff like this has happend ever since EVE first launched. People will either try to log in After a server reboot and get stuck at the loading screen. or like what happend with me, they will get in, But as soon as they try to change areas. they get a black screen AFTER all the loading bars fill, then have to alt tab out, and ctrl+alt+Delet to kill the game, then when they try to relog, get stuck at the loading screen.
i has happend ever since the game FIRST LAUNCHED. Not even Everquest had a bug like this for this long withough something being done to fix it. And i think what the problem is because of the way Eve is Ran. Its all 1 big happy server. Unlike EQ were its multipule servers hosting 1 game. if 1 area dies. (like the one my character is currently stuck in, as alot of other peoples characters in other areas) They cant simply reboot that SINGLE region.. they'd have to restart the entire game. Which is something they dont want to do.
Being able to brag about haveing 13k people loged on simultaniously on 1 server comes with a price. And that price is one WE as the players pay for when things like this happen. The easy solution would be to reboot the server. But again. they whont do that. Instead they probably have a team of people (which by how often this happens probably has enough experiance with them to get things resolved withen a few hours) working right now to "unhinge" the systems that are down withough restarting the entire server. But doing it in this 'piece-meal' way takes time.
|

TimW
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 08:24:00 -
[87]
Valid point. :)
|

Elissianus
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 09:07:00 -
[88]
Still borked for me - this is getting silly :(
|

Septh Mac
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 10:18:00 -
[89]
I had the same problem and filed a stuck petition, now i'm fine they moved out of the system, wait for server reboot in 40mins and it'll be fine
|

Aria Stardancer
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 10:33:00 -
[90]
their rebootign the server?
and hwo do ya file a stuck petition?
|

fairimear
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 10:43:00 -
[91]
blame SE for their invasion armada. im sure 200hip on 1 node aint helping.
|

Wolverine PL
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 10:55:00 -
[92]
OK, you reboot server but I still cant enter game. I get: Entering game..... FAILED WTH??
I sended two petition, one about being stuck and I didnt was moved to other system. So far no help from CCP.
|

pwnz0r
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 11:02:00 -
[93]
Originally by: fairimear blame SE for their invasion armada. im sure 200hip on 1 node aint helping.
Let's be honest, it's perfectly possible for 65,000 ships to all enter Orvolle (assuming all accounts were signed on and everyone was feeling cooperative). No game mechanics prevent that, so the servers should be able to handle it.
However, when in doubt, blame SE.
|

Jastra
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 11:06:00 -
[94]
No one designs their servers that way, you make educated guesses about server load and what that load will be on, you load test, in the case of everyone hitting the same place at the same time, the odds on that would be staggeringly small and a system designed around that sort of maximum would be expensive to implement, presumably pushing up the subscription.
It's bad that there is a bug, but it took me (a newb) 5 minutes to figure out a way to get on as an alt and file a petition and I was fixed in about 3 minutes.
|

Cyclops43
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 11:42:00 -
[95]
Failing here as well. I get thorugh the 'Logging in as...' screen, but then 4/5 through the 'Entering station...' it freezes. The station is 'Sobaseki X - Moon 15 - Cladari Provisions Warehouse' if it's any help......
Have fun!
|

Wolverine PL
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 11:56:00 -
[96]
I dont even get stuck at entering game. Just entering game and FAILED Even after DT. CCP looks like wont help me:(
|

Jenris
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 15:16:00 -
[97]
My character has been moved twice and I still can't get in, it seems more than just an issue with the system he was in for me, /sigh , and I just quit WOW for this game.
|

Ruffio Sepico
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 15:29:00 -
[98]
Originally by: Jenris My character has been moved twice and I still can't get in, it seems more than just an issue with the system he was in for me, /sigh , and I just quit WOW for this game.
I played for over 2 years, this is not the norm, be patient and wait for it to be fixed ;-)
Home: http://www.hidden-agenda.co.uk HiD Kills: http://eve.hidden-agenda.co.uk/kill_list.php
|

Wolverine PL
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 15:29:00 -
[99]
CCP why arent you doing something???? I still cant log in , YOu even didnt move me to other system. Everytime I get FAILED to enter game. I lost becouse of this 24h of gameplay. I WANT REFUND!!!! I lose money and you doing nothing
|

Wolverine PL
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 16:44:00 -
[100]
Thx CCP, now works after moved to other station, but I still get FAILED after entering game, but few moments later im in game.
|

RedClaws
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 16:55:00 -
[101]
never ever had a problem like this before and even the last few days when ppl complain about it i still don't have a problem or any lag at all
|

Rata Blanca
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 16:57:00 -
[102]
Last time I posted with the problem "Posted - 2005.08.28 09:37:00"
hours later, im still having the same problem.

|

Mofo Jackson
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 22:48:00 -
[103]
Still no fix?
|

infused
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 22:53:00 -
[104]
For those still stuck, try creating and alt get getting the alt to login. If this works, logout and try your main...
If not... I donno 
[EvE Domination]
YARRRRRR!!!!!!!!! |

Mofo Jackson
|
Posted - 2005.08.28 23:03:00 -
[105]
Edited by: Mofo Jackson on 28/08/2005 23:19:43
Originally by: infused For those still stuck, try creating and alt get getting the alt to login. If this works, logout and try your main...
If not... I donno 
I tried making an alt but I get the same problem with him. 
Edit: If I reinstalled would I lose my characters? If not, would that help?
|

Daniel Jackson
|
Posted - 2005.08.29 00:48:00 -
[106]
i cant login eather it says:
Entering game as Daniel Jackson..........
and when i tryed to press the [ESC] button twice, and then click the (petition) button, that even isent comming up.
so i cant even petition a stuck petition.
Caldari will once again rise above the Gallente and take back Caldari Prime! Image done by Denrace |

infused
|
Posted - 2005.08.29 00:56:00 -
[107]
Edited by: infused on 29/08/2005 00:58:54
Originally by: Mofo Jackson Edited by: Mofo Jackson on 28/08/2005 23:19:43
Originally by: infused For those still stuck, try creating and alt get getting the alt to login. If this works, logout and try your main...
If not... I donno 
I tried making an alt but I get the same problem with him. 
Edit: If I reinstalled would I lose my characters? If not, would that help?
It will not help... Try using the Ask a question button
[EvE Domination]
YARRRRRR!!!!!!!!! |

Anouk Moreaux
|
Posted - 2005.08.29 14:56:00 -
[108]
So would this be the reason why I lost time on a skill I trained and don't have a skill training I set to train last night before bed?
Because if it is, that's just annoying.
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 4 :: [one page] |