Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: [1] :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s)
Amorex
Amorex

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2003.07.31 09:23:00 - [1]

Edited by: Amorex on 31/07/2003 09:23:20
Sorry hit Enter again
Amorex
Amorex
Amarr
Evil Noobs

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2003.07.31 09:23:00 - [2]

Edited by: Amorex on 31/07/2003 09:23:20
Sorry hit Enter again
Amorex
Amorex

Posted - 2003.07.31 10:25:00 - [3]

Edited by: Amorex on 31/07/2003 10:36:50
We all know that today with current game mechanics and ruls, Bounty Hunting (BH) is very hard an difficult, merely imposible for lone wolfs. So to make it more real, means possible a little bit, some changes must be to game mechaniks and ruls.

1.Ship disappear in 2 minuts
In the beta, we had a dev chat, and one of the wuestions was what happens with my ship if I log off. The devs answerd that it will be automaticly warped to a "safe place" random point in system after a period of time. Well sounds good and more realistic. Right now we have that ship is disappear, wich is not right and fair for BH or BH team.
Imagen situation where 2 cruisers (one is jammer/scrambler and second is damage diller) cought a pilot on BS ( let say it will be Lord Zap ), he is warp scrabled and stasised, he taking good porion of damage, but to destroy him it will tak say 5 minuts. After a 2 minut fight his is out of cap and ammo. He is logging off so BH team is left with 3 minuts of time to kill him. And what they have see that 1 minute befor Lord Zap ship's destruction it's disappearing. Hard time and work was made to track him and catch him alone was vanished. Does it sound fair? I think - No.

2.Licence to kill
It was mentioned befor, but I will reapit it and explain how I see it work.
What it is and how to get it? It is a permition wich is allow you to kill on sight wanted persons in any solarsystem, without loss of security status and Concord punishment. If you want to have it, your security status must be 5.0 or higher, also faction standing with DED and Concors must be 5.0 or higher too. "Licence to kill" will be given to you in CONCORD Assembly on station that is owned by DED.
So to get it you must work hard and be a good boy. If your SS will drops lower than 5.0 or Faction Standing with CONCORD or DED drops lower than 5.0 - you will lose "Licence ti kill".

3.Bounty system
To make #2 work it is essential to change bounty system. Reword on killing wanted person must be receive by persons who killed or delivered most damage (if worked as a team) and only who got "Licence to kill", no one else. So in BH team there must at least one with this licence.

4. call 911
It will be better to make such thing. I see it tow ways.
Fist - make button "call Police" neare ship's UI. It will work if someone with low security status is in the same location as you.
Second - right click on person with low security status ship that is option "call Police".
Of course CONCORD is not ariving if person with low security satus entered in system, but will attack on sight as usualy.

5.Tracking system ( persons )
Add somthing like tracking beacon, so BH could track there victims. It will be some turret that fires it or somthing like that. To get rid of this beacon you must repack your ship, or make service on stations that will check your ship on presens of tracking beacon.

So in the end.
1. Remove ship disappearens, and make it stay but warped automaticly on logoff in "safe location".
2. Introduce "Licence to Kill".
3. Change bounty system so it would be so exploitble.
4. Add "call 911" to get ride of socalled CONCORD attack on innocent persons.
5. Add Tracking beacon.

P.S.: your suggestion....
Amorex
Amorex
Amarr
Evil Noobs

Posted - 2003.07.31 10:25:00 - [4]

Edited by: Amorex on 31/07/2003 10:36:50
We all know that today with current game mechanics and ruls, Bounty Hunting (BH) is very hard an difficult, merely imposible for lone wolfs. So to make it more real, means possible a little bit, some changes must be to game mechaniks and ruls.

1.Ship disappear in 2 minuts
In the beta, we had a dev chat, and one of the wuestions was what happens with my ship if I log off. The devs answerd that it will be automaticly warped to a "safe place" random point in system after a period of time. Well sounds good and more realistic. Right now we have that ship is disappear, wich is not right and fair for BH or BH team.
Imagen situation where 2 cruisers (one is jammer/scrambler and second is damage diller) cought a pilot on BS ( let say it will be Lord Zap ), he is warp scrabled and stasised, he taking good porion of damage, but to destroy him it will tak say 5 minuts. After a 2 minut fight his is out of cap and ammo. He is logging off so BH team is left with 3 minuts of time to kill him. And what they have see that 1 minute befor Lord Zap ship's destruction it's disappearing. Hard time and work was made to track him and catch him alone was vanished. Does it sound fair? I think - No.

2.Licence to kill
It was mentioned befor, but I will reapit it and explain how I see it work.
What it is and how to get it? It is a permition wich is allow you to kill on sight wanted persons in any solarsystem, without loss of security status and Concord punishment. If you want to have it, your security status must be 5.0 or higher, also faction standing with DED and Concors must be 5.0 or higher too. "Licence to kill" will be given to you in CONCORD Assembly on station that is owned by DED.
So to get it you must work hard and be a good boy. If your SS will drops lower than 5.0 or Faction Standing with CONCORD or DED drops lower than 5.0 - you will lose "Licence ti kill".

3.Bounty system
To make #2 work it is essential to change bounty system. Reword on killing wanted person must be receive by persons who killed or delivered most damage (if worked as a team) and only who got "Licence to kill", no one else. So in BH team there must at least one with this licence.

4. call 911
It will be better to make such thing. I see it tow ways.
Fist - make button "call Police" neare ship's UI. It will work if someone with low security status is in the same location as you.
Second - right click on person with low security status ship that is option "call Police".
Of course CONCORD is not ariving if person with low security satus entered in system, but will attack on sight as usualy.

5.Tracking system ( persons )
Add somthing like tracking beacon, so BH could track there victims. It will be some turret that fires it or somthing like that. To get rid of this beacon you must repack your ship, or make service on stations that will check your ship on presens of tracking beacon.

So in the end.
1. Remove ship disappearens, and make it stay but warped automaticly on logoff in "safe location".
2. Introduce "Licence to Kill".
3. Change bounty system so it would be so exploitble.
4. Add "call 911" to get ride of socalled CONCORD attack on innocent persons.
5. Add Tracking beacon.

P.S.: your suggestion....
Athan
Athan

Posted - 2003.07.31 16:48:00 - [5]

I'd hope you'd have the ship EVENTUALLY leaving space from the "safe place". I'm assuming here that with sufficient use of the scanner by range/direction you could track it down.

Or do you REALLY want people that have trekked 20 jumps out from the nearest station and have to leave RIGHT NOW (irl emergency) to have their ship floating defenceless until they get back ?

The License To Kill sounds good to me. It also probably needs to cost enough ISK to get to not be trivial AND you should lose it if you lose enough sec status. Not just go below +5.0 again, but lose 1.0 or more from when you bought it. This way someone with an 8.7 sec status (i.e. me) couldn't get one and then go on a killing spree with it for too long. Soon as I hit 7.7 (7 acts of aggression against non-baddies) I'd lose my license.
This should help to reduce the incidence of friends of wanted pirates taking the bounty.

I'm sure SOMEONE is going to shred your idea to pieces though, just not me right now Wink.

-Ath
--

http://big.wayland.dk/Lottery.asp - The BIG Lottery
Athan
Athan
Amarr
Viziam

Posted - 2003.07.31 16:48:00 - [6]

I'd hope you'd have the ship EVENTUALLY leaving space from the "safe place". I'm assuming here that with sufficient use of the scanner by range/direction you could track it down.

Or do you REALLY want people that have trekked 20 jumps out from the nearest station and have to leave RIGHT NOW (irl emergency) to have their ship floating defenceless until they get back ?

The License To Kill sounds good to me. It also probably needs to cost enough ISK to get to not be trivial AND you should lose it if you lose enough sec status. Not just go below +5.0 again, but lose 1.0 or more from when you bought it. This way someone with an 8.7 sec status (i.e. me) couldn't get one and then go on a killing spree with it for too long. Soon as I hit 7.7 (7 acts of aggression against non-baddies) I'd lose my license.
This should help to reduce the incidence of friends of wanted pirates taking the bounty.

I'm sure SOMEONE is going to shred your idea to pieces though, just not me right now Wink.

-Ath
--

http://big.wayland.dk/Lottery.asp - The BIG Lottery
Amorex
Amorex

Posted - 2003.07.31 18:10:00 - [7]

Edited by: Amorex on 31/07/2003 18:15:51
But when you go to sleep in RL, do you vanishing to nowhere? why not to make it in EvE. How can it be explain in RP maner such ship vanishing in front of your eyes?.

Forgot to add another one.
Remove ability to see ppl in space and number of jumps in last 24 hour only for thous who has accese, wich is given by CONCORD or DED and ony in Empire space. Ships destroyd an pod kills must can be seen only in empare space. As CONCORD do not control 0.0 ss space.
Amorex
Amorex
Amarr
Evil Noobs

Posted - 2003.07.31 18:10:00 - [8]

Edited by: Amorex on 31/07/2003 18:15:51
But when you go to sleep in RL, do you vanishing to nowhere? why not to make it in EvE. How can it be explain in RP maner such ship vanishing in front of your eyes?.

Forgot to add another one.
Remove ability to see ppl in space and number of jumps in last 24 hour only for thous who has accese, wich is given by CONCORD or DED and ony in Empire space. Ships destroyd an pod kills must can be seen only in empare space. As CONCORD do not control 0.0 ss space.
Sar Random
Sar Random

Posted - 2003.07.31 22:19:00 - [9]

Amorex, first let me say I like most of your bounty hunting ideas. I would like to be a bounty hunter except for the sec hit of collecting bounties. But I disagree with 2 of your ideas.

First, I agree that logging off in the middle of combat to avoid destruction is wrong. However, making it so that your ship is always visible in space after logoff is a bad idea, and actually contrary to real life. If EVE were RL, then your ship would never be abandoned anyway, unless you ejected. Therefore, you would always be in it with sensors to warn of hostiles. However, in RL, we logoff EVE, turn off our computers and do something else. It is not realistic to leave your ship floating in space for all to see and kill. The solution your Lord Zap scenario is to not allow the ship to disappear until 2 minutes after all combat has ended.

Second, the idea of not seeing activity in 0.0 sectors is wrong. Every system has a gate that can gather data and transmit it to Concord, the same system that allows players to communicate with others on the other side of the EVE universe.
Sar Random
Sar Random

Posted - 2003.07.31 22:19:00 - [10]

Amorex, first let me say I like most of your bounty hunting ideas. I would like to be a bounty hunter except for the sec hit of collecting bounties. But I disagree with 2 of your ideas.

First, I agree that logging off in the middle of combat to avoid destruction is wrong. However, making it so that your ship is always visible in space after logoff is a bad idea, and actually contrary to real life. If EVE were RL, then your ship would never be abandoned anyway, unless you ejected. Therefore, you would always be in it with sensors to warn of hostiles. However, in RL, we logoff EVE, turn off our computers and do something else. It is not realistic to leave your ship floating in space for all to see and kill. The solution your Lord Zap scenario is to not allow the ship to disappear until 2 minutes after all combat has ended.

Second, the idea of not seeing activity in 0.0 sectors is wrong. Every system has a gate that can gather data and transmit it to Concord, the same system that allows players to communicate with others on the other side of the EVE universe.
Amicus
Amicus

Posted - 2003.08.01 02:13:00 - [11]

Edited by: Amicus on 01/08/2003 02:14:03
Amorex,

Good ideas. Smile I would add some points.

As suggested by Sar Random a delay of 2 minutes after logging seems appropriate before a ship can disappear in space. However, logging should still not be a way of escaping distruction in combat. I suggest that if a ship is targetted when its owner logs off - the ship cannot disappear until two minutes after the targeting is stopped. Logging off while you are in the middle of combat would then be the equivilent of leaving your ship controls and hiding under your seat (not an effective means of escape).

Another point that I have raised before in other posts, I do not believe that bounties are effective in this game because the bounty target can share the bounty with a friendly bounty hunter. In order to avoid such bounty fraud, I suggest that bounty targets with security ratings below -5 should have to pay a fee to use an advanced clone equal to the bounty on their head at the time of death. The fee would be justified as the added cost of obtaining an advanced clone through back alley channels for such a notorious criminal. If people know that the bounty target will suffer genuine harm (either in money or skills) from collection of the bounty, then I believe that bounty prices will go up dramatically. With higher bounties then bounty hunting becomes profitable, increasing bounty hunting and decreasing the need for nerfs on player pirating.
Amicus
Amicus
Gold Diggers Inc.

Posted - 2003.08.01 02:13:00 - [12]

Edited by: Amicus on 01/08/2003 02:14:03
Amorex,

Good ideas. Smile I would add some points.

As suggested by Sar Random a delay of 2 minutes after logging seems appropriate before a ship can disappear in space. However, logging should still not be a way of escaping distruction in combat. I suggest that if a ship is targetted when its owner logs off - the ship cannot disappear until two minutes after the targeting is stopped. Logging off while you are in the middle of combat would then be the equivilent of leaving your ship controls and hiding under your seat (not an effective means of escape).

Another point that I have raised before in other posts, I do not believe that bounties are effective in this game because the bounty target can share the bounty with a friendly bounty hunter. In order to avoid such bounty fraud, I suggest that bounty targets with security ratings below -5 should have to pay a fee to use an advanced clone equal to the bounty on their head at the time of death. The fee would be justified as the added cost of obtaining an advanced clone through back alley channels for such a notorious criminal. If people know that the bounty target will suffer genuine harm (either in money or skills) from collection of the bounty, then I believe that bounty prices will go up dramatically. With higher bounties then bounty hunting becomes profitable, increasing bounty hunting and decreasing the need for nerfs on player pirating.
Rosbae
Rosbae

Posted - 2003.08.03 13:10:00 - [13]

I see all of you moving in the right direction. There has to be a way to make it legitimate for PC to hunt down and destroy PC pirates. I have watched a friend get his ship destroyed because he jumped in to help POLICE destroy a PC pirate. As soon as he fired at the pirate with a bounty the police openned up on him and destroyed his ship. This does not make sense and does not keep with the story line of the game. on one hand it is open season on NPC pirates regardless of where you are but not on known criminals.

The License to Kill is an excellent idea. Give Player Characters the ability to hunt down knwon criminals and treat Criminals as criminals. Do not give them quarter in lawful empire controled space, do not allow them to dock, do not allow them to jump with out coming under fire. Remember the PC's CHOOSE to be the bad guy because they want to take materials from players who may have spent many hours mining to get the resources to play. This should not be made easy for them.

I have said before in other forums there should be a fine on podkilling equal to the system you are in 1.0 = 1 mil ISK, .9 = 900K ISK and so on. Bounty hunters who have this license to kill would of course be exempt from this fine since a Criminals Biomass is not worth anything to begin with.

Let the criminals lives there lives in space that will tolerate them.

Sorry this is so long, I will step down from my soapbox and turn the floor back over to someone else.Confused
"No matter where you go there you are"
Rosbae
Rosbae
Caldari

Posted - 2003.08.03 13:10:00 - [14]

I see all of you moving in the right direction. There has to be a way to make it legitimate for PC to hunt down and destroy PC pirates. I have watched a friend get his ship destroyed because he jumped in to help POLICE destroy a PC pirate. As soon as he fired at the pirate with a bounty the police openned up on him and destroyed his ship. This does not make sense and does not keep with the story line of the game. on one hand it is open season on NPC pirates regardless of where you are but not on known criminals.

The License to Kill is an excellent idea. Give Player Characters the ability to hunt down knwon criminals and treat Criminals as criminals. Do not give them quarter in lawful empire controled space, do not allow them to dock, do not allow them to jump with out coming under fire. Remember the PC's CHOOSE to be the bad guy because they want to take materials from players who may have spent many hours mining to get the resources to play. This should not be made easy for them.

I have said before in other forums there should be a fine on podkilling equal to the system you are in 1.0 = 1 mil ISK, .9 = 900K ISK and so on. Bounty hunters who have this license to kill would of course be exempt from this fine since a Criminals Biomass is not worth anything to begin with.

Let the criminals lives there lives in space that will tolerate them.

Sorry this is so long, I will step down from my soapbox and turn the floor back over to someone else.Confused
"No matter where you go there you are"
Kr'Kal
Kr'Kal

Posted - 2003.08.03 21:05:00 - [15]

I think it would be best if you could buy a LtK and additionally loose 1 point SR until you are at zero, that would help against exploits because all those high sec pirates could do that too

Kr'Kal
Kr'Kal
Auri Sacra Fames

Posted - 2003.08.03 21:05:00 - [16]

I think it would be best if you could buy a LtK and additionally loose 1 point SR until you are at zero, that would help against exploits because all those high sec pirates could do that too

CPT KRAT0S
CPT KRAT0S

Posted - 2007.08.18 20:11:00 - [17]

bounty hunting
Wachtmeister
Wachtmeister
Forum Moderator
Interstellar Services Department

Posted - 2007.08.18 20:57:00 - [18]

Please do not resurrect dead threads.

Contrary to popular belief he actually has a body -Eldo
My body is well trained and I have a sixpack.... in the fridge. -Wachty

Pages: [1] :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,05s, ref 20240424/2216
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.