Monitor this thread via RSS [?]
 
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s)
Amicus
Amicus

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2003.08.01 02:13:00 - [1]

Edited by: Amicus on 01/08/2003 02:14:03
Amorex,

Good ideas. Smile I would add some points.

As suggested by Sar Random a delay of 2 minutes after logging seems appropriate before a ship can disappear in space. However, logging should still not be a way of escaping distruction in combat. I suggest that if a ship is targetted when its owner logs off - the ship cannot disappear until two minutes after the targeting is stopped. Logging off while you are in the middle of combat would then be the equivilent of leaving your ship controls and hiding under your seat (not an effective means of escape).

Another point that I have raised before in other posts, I do not believe that bounties are effective in this game because the bounty target can share the bounty with a friendly bounty hunter. In order to avoid such bounty fraud, I suggest that bounty targets with security ratings below -5 should have to pay a fee to use an advanced clone equal to the bounty on their head at the time of death. The fee would be justified as the added cost of obtaining an advanced clone through back alley channels for such a notorious criminal. If people know that the bounty target will suffer genuine harm (either in money or skills) from collection of the bounty, then I believe that bounty prices will go up dramatically. With higher bounties then bounty hunting becomes profitable, increasing bounty hunting and decreasing the need for nerfs on player pirating.
Amicus
Amicus
Gold Diggers Inc.

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2003.08.01 02:13:00 - [2]

Edited by: Amicus on 01/08/2003 02:14:03
Amorex,

Good ideas. Smile I would add some points.

As suggested by Sar Random a delay of 2 minutes after logging seems appropriate before a ship can disappear in space. However, logging should still not be a way of escaping distruction in combat. I suggest that if a ship is targetted when its owner logs off - the ship cannot disappear until two minutes after the targeting is stopped. Logging off while you are in the middle of combat would then be the equivilent of leaving your ship controls and hiding under your seat (not an effective means of escape).

Another point that I have raised before in other posts, I do not believe that bounties are effective in this game because the bounty target can share the bounty with a friendly bounty hunter. In order to avoid such bounty fraud, I suggest that bounty targets with security ratings below -5 should have to pay a fee to use an advanced clone equal to the bounty on their head at the time of death. The fee would be justified as the added cost of obtaining an advanced clone through back alley channels for such a notorious criminal. If people know that the bounty target will suffer genuine harm (either in money or skills) from collection of the bounty, then I believe that bounty prices will go up dramatically. With higher bounties then bounty hunting becomes profitable, increasing bounty hunting and decreasing the need for nerfs on player pirating.
   
 
Copyright © 2006-2025, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,03s, ref 20251011/0543
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.