| Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Hinik
|
Posted - 2005.11.21 11:42:00 -
[91]
Originally by: Balian Ice Everything is possible.
by Shadows of the Dead.
Nice one Balian! so THAT's the cow... damn. maybe I should have made my man a WHOLE vitruvian man... I underestimated the competition methinks. Creator of "The Shark", "Glory to the SKP" and "Half a Vitruvian Man" |

PanzerGrenadier
|
Posted - 2005.11.21 19:34:00 -
[92]
Originally by: Hinik
Originally by: Balian Ice Everything is possible.
by Shadows of the Dead.
Nice one Balian! so THAT's the cow... damn. maybe I should have made my man a WHOLE vitruvian man... I underestimated the competition methinks.
Even if you don't win, its really cool to see all this great can art. I'm looking forward to taking some road trips to see this art.
|

Jon Hawkes
|
Posted - 2005.11.21 19:44:00 -
[93]
Originally by: PanzerGrenadier
Even if you don't win, its really cool to see all this great can art. I'm looking forward to taking some road trips to see this art.
As long as you don't add to the OMGWTF CCPFIXTHELAG IQUITWAAAAH threads as a result! 
Free production, refining and POS tools |

PanzerGrenadier
|
Posted - 2005.11.21 19:47:00 -
[94]
Originally by: Jon Hawkes
Originally by: PanzerGrenadier
Even if you don't win, its really cool to see all this great can art. I'm looking forward to taking some road trips to see this art.
As long as you don't add to the OMGWTF CCPFIXTHELAG IQUITWAAAAH threads as a result! 
Lol, as long as it isn't near a gate there aren't any probs :P
|

RabbidFerret
|
Posted - 2005.11.21 20:02:00 -
[95]
When are you planning on telling us who the winner is?
All your ferrets are belong to us.
|

mechtech
|
Posted - 2005.11.21 23:57:00 -
[96]
My entry, rise against the apocalypse is in. It's too big for a screenshot, so I made a short video clip. Now im not an expert movie maker, but I think it does the job.
This one is 8 mb (a little lower quality, not recommended except for dialup users) Rise Against the Apocalypse (lower quality)Rise Against the Apocalypse (lower quality)Rise Against the Apocalypse
|

Kaeten
|
Posted - 2005.11.21 23:59:00 -
[97]
Latest Video: In memory of The Sioux |

mechtrade
|
Posted - 2005.11.22 00:00:00 -
[98]
ok, I officially can't do links ...Here are the urls low quality -- http://www.eve-files.com/media/corp/mechtech/Rise_Against_the_Apocalypse_lower_res.wmv high quality -- http://www.eve-files.com/media/corp/mechtech/Rise_Against_the_Apocalypse.wmv
|

Evil Schemer
|
Posted - 2005.11.22 00:15:00 -
[99]
Time's up peoples.
In addition to those above, I've received and viewed entries from mechtech, Telestro, and Kaeten. I'm compiling the screenshots now and hope to have a winner picked within 24 hours but it's going to be tough! I'm going to have to call upon a jury of my Eve buddies as there's some definite talent here.
|

Hinik
|
Posted - 2005.11.22 01:18:00 -
[100]
Don't let mechtrader and mechtech fool you! it's the SAME ENTRY!!! hehehe looks awesome  Creator of "The Shark", "Glory to the SKP" and "Half a Vitruvian Man" |

Ralus
|
Posted - 2005.11.22 21:27:00 -
[101]
Edited by: Ralus on 22/11/2005 21:30:03 edit - I made your addresses in the quote into linkys
Originally by: mechtrade ok, I officially can't do links ...Here are the urls low quality -- low res video high quality -- high res video
wow panoramic can art ftw
|

RabbidFerret
|
Posted - 2005.11.23 00:09:00 -
[102]
ARRGGH the suspense is killing me!!
|

mechtech
|
Posted - 2005.11.23 00:14:00 -
[103]
Wow, look at the effects of this competition on the secure can market! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/mechtech/screenshot0013.png
|

Jon Hawkes
|
Posted - 2005.11.23 00:19:00 -
[104]
Edited by: Jon Hawkes on 23/11/2005 00:20:01
Originally by: mechtech Wow, look at the effects of this competition on the secure can market! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/mechtech/screenshot0013.png
Ha ha! I never looked at it that way. Of course, being an NPC market, such a spike in demand will obviously inflate the price. I'm just glad I bought my cans very early! WTS: Small Secure Can BPO 
Free production, refining and POS tools |

PanzerGrenadier
|
Posted - 2005.11.23 00:31:00 -
[105]
Originally by: Jon Hawkes Edited by: Jon Hawkes on 23/11/2005 00:20:01
Originally by: mechtech Wow, look at the effects of this competition on the secure can market! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/mechtech/screenshot0013.png
Ha ha! I never looked at it that way. Of course, being an NPC market, such a spike in demand will obviously inflate the price. I'm just glad I bought my cans very early! WTS: Small Secure Can BPO 
LOL, me too. I never thought about the effect on prices :). I do know that I was paying almost 10,000 isk a can to buy in bulk. Cost RabbidFerret and I about 5 million to make our project.
|

PanzerGrenadier
|
Posted - 2005.11.23 00:48:00 -
[106]
Edited by: PanzerGrenadier on 23/11/2005 00:50:22 Tie Interceptor
Tie Interceptor2
|

RabbidFerret
|
Posted - 2005.11.23 00:54:00 -
[107]
Originally by: PanzerGrenadier Edited by: PanzerGrenadier on 23/11/2005 00:50:22 Tie Interceptor
Tie Interceptor2
From the (first 3? No...4,5,6...NO...first 3 in time...whatever!) Original (there we go) starwars episodes. We thought it would be fun to do a 3D model. A picture does not do this justice, it's 3d and viewable from all angles.
Making 3 spheres around 1 point and building another 200 cans off of that same point is not easy!
GL to everyone, POST THE WINNER ALREADY!!
|

Balian Ice
|
Posted - 2005.11.23 01:57:00 -
[108]
nice work on the interceptor :)
|

Evil Schemer
|
Posted - 2005.11.23 06:08:00 -
[109]
After much discussion, I have decided the winners of the Sinq Laison Can Art competition. It was a tough call as some serious effort and thought was put in to many great designs. Over 4,100 cans in total were used. I can only imagine the expression on the face of some rookie pilot months from now jumping to a random moon to explore and finding one of these permanent monstrosities staring them down.
A full list of entries can be found at the bottom of my post. Lets hope my host doesn't die from this.
First Place
EVE Carebear Submitted by Kaeten and located at Alsottobier VII Moon 6, this entry uses over 580 cans, the last of which to be anchored with minutes to spare was the heart on the ass. This entry is the heart on the ass of Carebears everywhere!
Full-screen View Sunshine Care Bear, who bears a startling resemblence.
Wins: 1,500,000,000 ISK
Second Place
Hey Diddle Diddle Submitted by Balian Ice and crew and located at Faurent IV, just over 300 cans make up this adorable bovine, seen leaping light-heartedly over the nearby planet when viewed from the marked waypoint. While not technically a moon, the artistry shown by these pilots still proves that they have definitely graduated from Bovine University.
Full-screen View
Wins: Choice of One Caldari Charon Freighter or 800,000,000 ISK
Third Place
TIE Interceptor Submitted by RabbidFerret and PanzerGrenadier, this 3D artwork is located at Aufay V Moon 2 and is a faithful representation of the Star Wars ship seen here. It is made up of 319 cans.
Top-down View Front View
Wins: (probably) 800,000,000 ISK
To the remaining 11 entrants, while I can't compensate you for the hours (days?) of lost productivity or the bills for the therapy some of you may need after this, for your efforts I am giving you each 10 million isk to spend as you like, which should round my balance out to about an even 45k.
Thanks everyone for indulging me in this last bit of fun before I leave. Perhaps I've spawned a new profession from all of this, the "Can-Artist for hire."
Full list with pictures here
|

mechtech
|
Posted - 2005.11.23 07:02:00 -
[110]
grats to the winners. much sympathy to the losers.
|

IDesert FoxI
|
Posted - 2005.11.23 07:09:00 -
[111]
Yeah. Congrats to the winners. Just a bit irritated that it took so much time to build something like this!
|

Hinik
|
Posted - 2005.11.23 10:30:00 -
[112]
nice one guys, was well worth the wait. Congrats to the winngers, lol and that carebear! wow :P
my fav is still the interceptor though... hot DAMN!
Thanks Evil for this great opportunity for creativity to shine through, sorry you're leaving the game after this tbh  Creator of "The Shark", "Glory to the SKP" and "Half a Vitruvian Man" |

Kaeten
|
Posted - 2005.11.23 10:47:00 -
[113]
Like to say thanks to Evil for this oppertunity. Great compition with many great can arts (like the TIE). Alos, never want to see another can in my life 
Latest Video: In memory of The Sioux |

PanzerGrenadier
|
Posted - 2005.11.23 11:31:00 -
[114]
Edited by: PanzerGrenadier on 23/11/2005 11:32:05 Thanks for the kind words Hinik! RabbidFerret are glad to win third place in this :)
Sorry to all the losers - but at least you can get enough money to pay for your cans.
Thanks to Evil for this amazing oppurtunity.
I'll probally be ready to make some more can art in 6 months, *about that long since RF and I made the Venture sign in Torrinos.
P.S. to anyone: Please don't petetion any of this art, none of it is at gates and it took us all a long time to do.
Thanks Again!
|

Phantab
|
Posted - 2005.11.23 14:27:00 -
[115]
i bow before your incredible can arting.. truly amazing. Love the concept
|

Xinity
|
Posted - 2005.11.23 14:54:00 -
[116]
Congratulations to the winners :D Truly amazing! I must say though that my favorite was Jon's Dragon.. I just love it! ----------
CEO - X-Trans ---------- |

Rob Boberton
|
Posted - 2005.11.23 16:34:00 -
[117]
Thanks for hosting this contest, Evil. It was a great opportunity to do something new and fun in Eve and your prizes were all extremely generous. I wish you luck in all your future ventures now that you've decided to hang up your captain's hat!
|

Magic Trev
|
Posted - 2005.11.23 18:29:00 -
[118]
that bear is sexual 
|

Mordenkainan
|
Posted - 2005.11.24 22:32:00 -
[119]
Truly amazing stuff - kudos to Evil and the participants for taking part.
Personnal fave is the TIE interceptor as the 3D effect is amazing
|

RabbidFerret
|
Posted - 2005.11.25 05:14:00 -
[120]
a little bit off the beaten path 
|
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |