| Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 :: [one page] |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 2 post(s) |

Lord Frost
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 00:37:00 -
[1]
How rich is rich nowadays? Over the last few years of playing I've seen battleships drop from high prestige to just your run of the mill avgerage ship we all own.
Rich can be defined in many ways, one such way would be your assests... another would be your isk... another would be your corp. At what point are you rich? I know its prolly a silly question... but whats the line between a rich person who can compete and just some joe smoe?
To put it in perspective... 15 bil plus from players has been changing hands frequently with the auction of bpos. I remember the day when we were all stunned to see a posted image of Everlasting Vendetta's corp wallet of 1 bil. Now I'm hearing of people making billions in a week from npc hunting in low secs... billions for t2 prods... billions from POS... Are there really people out there with 100 bil?
It seems now 1 bil is being tossed around like 10 mil used to be. And if you take into account what isk is worth in real cash... someone putting out 15bil for a t2 bpo just handed over $2,000 or so.
I'm just curious as to some hard numbers from corps and people as to what is rich today? How far do new members joining need to go to compete in this economy? Whats the trend for the future... will those making billions now, be earning trillions next year?
Are you rich?
|

Fooball
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 00:46:00 -
[2]
Edited by: Fooball on 30/12/2005 00:47:23 I'm definitely not rich but I've heard of couple guys who have ca. 500 billion ISK. At that point, umm.. You can buy anything. Also they've been around for couple years so they got Skill Points too. And they can pick their company.
It's a bit funny to think. They can buy the BPOs too. And become richer. And buy more of them. And become even richer. It's unstoppable after certain point.
|

Cmdr Sy
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 00:49:00 -
[3]
Let's hear it for EVE's middle class. The honest hardworking people with only a few billion in assets. 
|

Jet Calhoun
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 00:49:00 -
[4]
Our corp might be considered rich to some extent, but our corp wallet is always flipping empty! We're supposed to be saving for a Freighter, but the ISKs never stay in the coffers long enough before they are made to work on something in the marketplace. For the greater good!!
Buying a T2 BPO is but a dream for us at the moment.
-- Lose != Loose
Lose (v) - To suffer loss. Loose (adj) - Not fastened, restrained, or contained.
|

Teresse
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 00:49:00 -
[5]
Originally by: Fooball Edited by: Fooball on 30/12/2005 00:47:23 I'm definitely not rich but I've heard of couple guys who have ca. 500 billion ISK. At that point, umm.. You can buy anything. Also they've been around for couple years so they got Skill Points too. And they can pick their company.
It's a bit funny to think. They can buy the BPOs too. And become richer. And buy more of them. And become even richer. It's unstoppable after certain point.
No one has 500 bill LOL
Devs posted the richest guy a few months back, had like 40 bill? probably someone has near 100 bill now, but not 500
|

BadManEdmundo
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 00:50:00 -
[6]
To answer your question as I see it, I view anyone who has twice my assets worth, but who can sustain it with a weekly, monthly income. ___________________
Hey, whats this fat ugly thing. A Frog? A Toad? ...Be Yo' Momma |

Deja Thoris
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 00:50:00 -
[7]
If you have 10 bill ISK and you want to buy a hac bpo you are a bit poor.
If you have 10 bill ISK and you want to PvP in intys then you are richer than your needs / (wants)
|

Fooball
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 00:50:00 -
[8]
Edited by: Fooball on 30/12/2005 00:51:34 Must have burnt their ISKies then for some investments. (Or then liars. Or both.)
|

Deja Thoris
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 00:52:00 -
[9]
Originally by: Teresse
Originally by: Fooball Edited by: Fooball on 30/12/2005 00:47:23 I'm definitely not rich but I've heard of couple guys who have ca. 500 billion ISK. At that point, umm.. You can buy anything. Also they've been around for couple years so they got Skill Points too. And they can pick their company.
It's a bit funny to think. They can buy the BPOs too. And become richer. And buy more of them. And become even richer. It's unstoppable after certain point.
No one has 500 bill LOL
Devs posted the richest guy a few months back, had like 40 bill? probably someone has near 100 bill now, but not 500
Theres people out there that may not be that "cash" rich but they certainly are in assets. They could liquidate a quick 100 bill easily imo.
|

Galaxion
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 00:54:00 -
[10]
Quick answer? Tyrrax Thork. This guy bought and lost the ONLY Gold Magnate, has an Imperial Arma and an Imperial Apoc, and isnt afraid to lose them. Richest PVP'er I've ever heard of. There are probably richer industrialists though.. like the CEO of NAGA. -----------------------------------------
|

Sarkos
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 00:57:00 -
[11]
Been here since Beta and have 50 mill. Of course another 300 mill is in spare ships and add another 250 mill in spare components. Man, do I hate it when insurance comes due.
Either free the slaves or we will come and get them.
|

Kashkavien
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 01:05:00 -
[12]
If you are able to buy skills for Titan, build/buy and fly a Titan by yourself then you are rich :D
|

Galk
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 01:14:00 -
[13]
Rich now can be many things (im sure ill miss a few)
You hit a decent t2 bpo, your rich....
You hit the ground running from the start of the game, if you had your head screwed on, your rich......
You farm the greatest resources in 0.0 space... your rich....
Your very good at reading the trade markets, your rich.....
Your Rich enough in real life to buy sh** loads of timecodes from ccp, your rich....... (not sure how much they cost to buy, i guess 30 days isn't so far away from the tenner i pay every month.. so the people that are blatently bulk buying them and selling them here in multiples of 30 or so are insta'ing up about 3.25 billion isk for 300 quid i reckon)
Sure iv'e missed a few, but thats in general how i see it. ______
862 buses later, galks back on the road again:)
Seasons greetings, merry christmas to one and to all.
|

Temi
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 02:44:00 -
[14]
I have friends who i play with, and have fun with.
So i am rich. \o/ Spelling errors ahoy.. |

Oventoasted
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 02:49:00 -
[15]
Rich in eve is your income. example: players 1 buys BS by saving up a 100mill isk over 4 months. player 2 buys a BS for 100mill isk over 1 week. both only have 10 mill in there wallet. now they both get podded. who is more rich? - - -
MMM MMM toasted
Phoon powa! ___ /---\-- * * * * \__/ ***>-> |

Slink Grinsdikild
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 03:10:00 -
[16]
I heard on the grapevine that a certain NPC'er found a bug which allowed him to farm high end officer spawns at an extreme rate. He then hired people to hunt for him using his method, the NPC'ers got the bounties and he kept all the officer loot.
It was believed that at the time CCP banned him he had well in excess of 400b. But, the richest non-exploiter (in pure ISK) ? I'm not sure.
|

Oventoasted
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 03:18:00 -
[17]
Originally by: Slink Grinsdikild I heard on the grapevine that a certain NPC'er found a bug which allowed him to farm high end officer spawns at an extreme rate. He then hired people to hunt for him using his method, the NPC'ers got the bounties and he kept all the officer loot.
It was believed that at the time CCP banned him he had well in excess of 400b. But, the richest non-exploiter (in pure ISK) ? I'm not sure.
lol same thing happend in WoW i dont know why ppl think Devs or GM's wont notice these kind of things. some people just get caught up with there own greed and get caught becuase of it.
if it was me i would have sent the isks to alts or bought things like BS's or HAC's to reprocess or sell later. - - -
MMM MMM toasted
Phoon powa! ___ /---\-- * * * * \__/ ***>-> |

Rule2k
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 03:36:00 -
[18]
Having too much money takes the phun out of eve for me :(
|

Schiklegruber
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 03:46:00 -
[19]
I'm allways short of ISK for the next goody I want to buy so I'm definitaly not rich. I guess if you can buy anything of the market that you fancy and know you can replace it constitutes as rich.
|

Helos Prank
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 03:48:00 -
[20]
mining in a titan, with basic miners. Now that is rich.
With carriers to haul the stuff. I will...(no thats not it) I Shall!!(crap not a good one...) Booom!(ahhh thats the one) |

Promon Delnai
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 03:52:00 -
[21]
If you have the ISK to do or buy anything you need with no financial hassle, you are rich. Of course, people who lust after a titan or a carrier well, I geuss you cant consider them rich :)
|

Jenny Spitfire
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 04:04:00 -
[22]
Dunno. I feel rich when my ISKs can make me happy by doing PvP, mining, etc. No point having 1000000M but dunno how to spend them to make me happy, methinks.
 ----------------
RecruitMe@NOINT! |

TheDeceit
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 04:17:00 -
[23]
I have 500m and I feel pretty rich. I'm happy in my prophecy/harpy and my corp is great. I don't really need much more right now. -------- "Yet we still hug the dear Deceit" - N. Cotton |

Oventoasted
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 04:19:00 -
[24]
Originally by: TheDeceit I have 500m and I feel pretty rich. I'm happy in my prophecy/harpy and my corp is great. I don't really need much more right now.
oo but you do! your 1/4 of the way to a carrier... - - -
MMM MMM toasted
Phoon powa! ___ /---\-- * * * * \__/ ***>-> |

Jewish Pride
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 04:26:00 -
[25]
I'm very poor tbh
|

Tasuric Orka
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 04:41:00 -
[26]
Edited by: Tasuric Orka on 30/12/2005 04:42:12
Originally by: Jewish Pride I'm very poor tbh
Rich would be..
Owning every ship in eve, all the skills to fly them, and being able to afford the next 10 insurance bills. 
I just have 20mil isk now, one day.. however, you guys will PAY ME to even come near my gloriousnesnes!
|

Wild Rho
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 04:44:00 -
[27]
Your rich when you no longer care how much isk is in your wallet.
|

TheKiller8
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 05:04:00 -
[28]
I'm a multi billionaire but also pretty stingy (yes I'm Dutch). For instance I've never bought a Cap Recharger II in my Eve career. I find the idea of fitting an only marginally improved module that costs as much as the ship itself silly. Through that logic I've also never bothered investing in a Faction Battleship. I mean sure they're nice but I can simply not justify their cost. HACs are also turning into a problem now that they're becoming insanely expensive. All this means that I, as a dedicated PvP'r, simply no longer have to rat or mine for money. I can PvP all I want without having to worry about my budget. Cheap ship losses are compensated by rich ship kills and people who donate which makes my wallet look like this.
.: Click 2 See My Flash Animations :. |

Embattle
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 06:55:00 -
[29]
I was fairly asset rich until last night when my Navy Raven got blown apart....lol, making money isn't hard but can be rather boring. ----------- Navy Raven just went up in smoke.....nuts. |

Saerid
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 07:12:00 -
[30]
I'd go by cashflow personally. If you can hit 500 mil a week earned without undocking/effort you're rich. Corporation wise..free cashflow in excess of 5B a week (that is, the operating profits left after paying expenses , investments not included) would be ok enough. Depending on corp size of course.
|

Jaabaa Prime
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 07:20:00 -
[31]
I have something that is invaluable.
Great friends in EVE.
So I would consider myself to be extremely rich, even if I only had 1 ISK left. --
Mini Skill Planner |
|

Chribba
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 08:24:00 -
[32]
Everyone can be rich, EVE is full of veldspar 
EVE-Files | EVE-Search | Get Email if thread updates |
|

Astarte Nosferatu
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 09:41:00 -
[33]
Having a BPO of every T2 ship ingame, being able to lose an Outpost and one of formentioned T2 BPO's, and still make billions a day, that's rich.
The guy should only give one billion to me, and he'll make me happier than he'll ever be with all that isk .
------------------------------------------ Member of the [23] Follower of the Blood Revolution. Sani Sabik.
|

Kastar
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 10:25:00 -
[34]
I consider myself rich. I have about 250M and at the moment all ships I want to fly.
Do I want to be insanely rich ? (would be several B.) --> yes, as all Amarr do
Do I think it would be convenient ? --> No
I have the feeling that when you would have 50B in the bank, not a lot of stuff would give you the thrill I so enjoy. Fun loses it's value when you know you can conquer anything just by keep hammering it with the most expensive stuff around.
Riches usually prohibit evolution (no BoB-pun intended )
|

Chronus26
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 10:28:00 -
[35]
A few weeks ago I had 200 mil that I made through hard NPCing. Now I have 3 mil. What happened? Well, I spent all that ISK on ships, got good deals, so that when I lost ships I didn't get ripped off in my haste to get back in the fight. So far the plan is working nicely, althouhg with 3 mil is gunna be hard to fit my new Deimos, I think i'll need to do some earning.
Rich to me is having enough isk to supourt your daily activities, and being able to keep your wallet ballence at a reasonable level is important too. something i'm terrible at. -----
|

HybridMiner
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 10:28:00 -
[36]
I have about 3mil in my wallet right now.
BIG EVE ISSUE, GET YER BIG EVE ISSUE.
|

James Lyrus
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 10:38:00 -
[37]
Rich is when you're not worried how much cash you've got.
Unfortunately, currently I'm looking at T2 and Capital Ship blueprints, and have concluded that I'm poor.
-- Lyrus Associates is recruiting
|

Miri Tirzan
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 10:45:00 -
[38]
Rich is relative.
svetlana - "whining gets you stuff. that is why humans got to the top of the food chain and all the other animals got nerfed."
|

Entity
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 10:48:00 -
[39]
It all comes down to what you want to do and what your attitude is towards it. If you can do what you want to do without having to worry about the cost, then you can probably consider yourself rich.
Originally by: Jaabaa Prime I have something that is invaluable.
Great friends in EVE.
Sure, Friends > ISK, but make sure those friends don't think ISK > Friends 
 |

darth solo
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 11:05:00 -
[40]
our corp wallet has 678 billion in it... we have 2 ishtar BPOs which the same guy got in the lottery system, a cap recharger 2 BPO and have a cap relay 2 BPO in the oven.
personaly im worth 372 billion.. but who cares bout money when u have my looks.
d solo.
|

Avon
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 11:07:00 -
[41]
darth, what you've got and what you're worth are two different things mate. :P ______________________________________________
The Battleships is not and should not be a solo pwnmobile - Oveur |

Dexter Rast
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 11:07:00 -
[42]
i would say i was rich in eve because of the friends i have in .MF.
unfortunately they are all a bunch of tards so im actually quite poor --------------------------------------------- Please use a signature that conforms with the EVE-Online forum rules for signatures - Jacques' |

Tommy TenKreds
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 11:20:00 -
[43]
Originally by: darth solo our corp wallet has 678 billion in it... we have 2 ishtar BPOs which the same guy got in the lottery system, a cap recharger 2 BPO and have a cap relay 2 BPO in the oven.
personaly im worth 372 billion..
Yeah - I would call that rich. 
|

chingon
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 11:23:00 -
[44]
Originally by: Tommy TenKreds
Originally by: darth solo our corp wallet has 678 billion in it... we have 2 ishtar BPOs which the same guy got in the lottery system, a cap recharger 2 BPO and have a cap relay 2 BPO in the oven.
personaly im worth 372 billion..
Yeah - I would call that rich. 
yeah you can call that rich,even if he's only 'worth' 327bil,he still would have some nice wallet probably Well i guess i'm not rich
|

Kinsy
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 11:24:00 -
[45]
ISK is just a means to an end.
If your end is causing explosions, invest your ISK in it 
darth, my alt is worth more than you AND is better looking 
|

Nyphur
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 11:26:00 -
[46]
Originally by: Jaabaa Prime I have something that is invaluable.
Great friends in EVE.
So I would consider myself to be extremely rich, even if I only had 1 ISK left.
Damnit, beaten to it.
|

HippoKing
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 11:29:00 -
[47]
whoever owns the cap charger 2 BPOs is rich 
|

Jonkai
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 11:34:00 -
[48]
I use mainly HAC's, AF's and Inties with the odd Mega thrown in (seems a bit stupid to waste all them level 5 skills )
As long as I have enough isk to keep me going with a minimum of 3 ships at any one time then I'm happy. The richest I ever was was when I had 1.something bil then lost a bil when I sold a Raven BPO as a BPC 
Didn't take long though with NPC'ing and trading tech ii items, but I think I'm rich with 1 bil in my wallet, I'm happy with that and I don't have use for anymore :)
|

Mantar Mattox
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 11:37:00 -
[49]
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without. - Henry David Thoreau
|

Steven Dynahir
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 11:53:00 -
[50]
Quote: A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without. - Henry David Thoreau
Things like that, are said by the poor to help them cope to harsh reality. - Steven Dynahir
--- Home, sweet home. |

Kastar
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 12:03:00 -
[51]
Amen
|

Archbishop
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 12:21:00 -
[52]
Rich is really relative. I know someone with more then 40 T2 BPOs who is probably worth 300b isk (at least). Yet he never seems to have more then a couple hundred million in cash. I've got around 6b in BPOs myself including a couple T2 ones yet I rarely have more then 200m in cash. Right now I've got about 800m in cash as I've been saving for a frieghter. After I buy that I'll be flat broke again.
Rich is having enough isk to buy what you NEED and a bit extra to buy what you WANT sometimes.
I fly mostly cruisers (normal T1 ones) so I've got plenty of isk for that. Likewise I only use a couple T2 mods myself the rest is T1. Do I die alot in fights? Sure. But I have fun doing it and its nice not to have to worry about it.
I know people who have these really fancy ships decked out with super T2 and loot mods who hide in hangars afraid of battle. Its like having a Lamborghini and being afraid to drive it on the road because someone may hit it. Its not worth it. I've got a couple "rare" ships myself and I don't fly them (but my alt does).
As for people with 100s of billions I think its clear a couple things in Eve should be fixed (agent missions paying to much early on at L4 and the BPO lottery that "gives" someone a 20b BPO).
But its all relative. I'm alot happier then some super-billionares I know. They seem almost obsessed with making isk. I know in RL people like that seem to die of heart attacks at age 50 or something. Stop and enjoy yourself and don't worry about the money. If youre having a good time what you need will take care of itself.
Oh and as for being rich I put the number at 50b isk in assets / cash. I'm nowhere near that myself. But I do have alot of fun.
Archie 
VISIT THE PIE HOMEPAGE & FORUMS PIE INFORMATION CENTER |

Admiral IceBlock
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 12:35:00 -
[53]
Originally by: darth solo our corp wallet has 678 billion in it... we have 2 ishtar BPOs which the same guy got in the lottery system, a cap recharger 2 BPO and have a cap relay 2 BPO in the oven.
personaly im worth 372 billion.. but who cares bout money when u have my looks.
d solo.
prove it.
"We brake for nobody"
|

Adoran Wa'alle
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 12:36:00 -
[54]
Originally by: TheKiller8 I'm a multi billionaire but also pretty stingy (yes I'm Dutch). For instance I've never bought a Cap Recharger II in my Eve career. I find the idea of fitting an only marginally improved module that costs as much as the ship itself silly. Through that logic I've also never bothered investing in a Faction Battleship. I mean sure they're nice but I can simply not justify their cost. HACs are also turning into a problem now that they're becoming insanely expensive. All this means that I, as a dedicated PvP'r, simply no longer have to rat or mine for money. I can PvP all I want without having to worry about my budget. Cheap ship losses are compensated by rich ship kills and people who donate which makes my wallet look like this.
Donations? Why can't I get some of those?
I'm poor in ISK....very very poor But atleast I got some good friends
|

Ultim8Evil
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 12:48:00 -
[55]
I seem to hover between 75mil and 125mil. I get to 125 then end up having to spend a load on something... then when I'm back down to 75 I find a faction spawn, kill it and sell the loot.
Never had more than 130mill and not had less than 60 mill for weeks.
I think you're rich if you can afford to do what you want to do.
|

TheJay
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 13:27:00 -
[56]
Originally by: Admiral IceBlock
Originally by: darth solo our corp wallet has 678 billion in it... we have 2 ishtar BPOs which the same guy got in the lottery system, a cap recharger 2 BPO and have a cap relay 2 BPO in the oven.
personaly im worth 372 billion.. but who cares bout money when u have my looks.
d solo.
prove it.
You win the OMFG ITS A JOKE prize! 
|

Squize
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 13:44:00 -
[57]
Except for thekiller8, we are all poor in E-R, you all know we only fly T1 frigs. I dont know if im allowed to tell this, but were are all saving up for a major sick Osprey fleet, so that we can move to Yulai and mine, then we'll all be VERY rich in a short time..
Why do these Osprey's have to be that darn expensive ? it takes like forever to earn the isk for them.
|

Ralitge boyter
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 13:50:00 -
[58]
Anyone that has enough not to need more is rich, any one that has enough not to want more is a liar. ------------------------------------------- Should you disagree with me, well I guess that is because I disagree with you. If you have a problem with that please feel free not to tell me. |

Mantar Mattox
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 13:59:00 -
[59]
Originally by: Steven Dynahir
Quote: A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without. - Henry David Thoreau
Things like that, are said by the poor to help them cope to harsh reality. - Steven Dynahir
Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open. -Sir James Dewar
|

Xendie
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 14:13:00 -
[60]
Originally by: Admiral IceBlock
Originally by: darth solo our corp wallet has 678 billion in it... we have 2 ishtar BPOs which the same guy got in the lottery system, a cap recharger 2 BPO and have a cap relay 2 BPO in the oven.
personaly im worth 372 billion.. but who cares bout money when u have my looks.
d solo.
prove it.
and we have a winner!! here ya go... /me gives iceblock a sarcasm and humor detector as a trophy.
--------
Originally by: F'nog This would be great, because lag is not at all a problem currently.
|

Avaleric
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 14:15:00 -
[61]
...at the most, I've had 160M spacebucks. I've also lost two Apocalypses in one afternoon, and five Armafeddons in five days...
- Ignorance is bliss... |

Joachim Laurent
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 14:18:00 -
[62]
My experience is that making isk is easy, compared to how much isk you actually need.
I've only been around for just over three months and I've earned about 2 bil (counting assets) through hard work alone. Does that make me rich? Definately not... Do I want more? Hell yes!
If you have industrialist ambitions I'd say getting "rich" takes some time. If you like me are planning to finance small scale PvP, getting some inital funds is quite easy. 
------------------------------------------------ Swedes rule, too bad I'm intaki. |

Raem Civrie
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 14:21:00 -
[63]
I never seem to go above around, say, 250m isk. When it reaches around 120m, estrogen kicks in and I spend. ---
God-King of Genitalia |

ilik
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 15:47:00 -
[64]
Originally by: Raem Civrie When it reaches around 120m, estrogen kicks in and I spend.
    
|

Marvel Master
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 15:59:00 -
[65]
If you mean ISK, then i would say, if you have > 30 bill isk, then you are rich.
Marvel
|

Leowen
|
Posted - 2005.12.30 16:33:00 -
[66]
Originally by: Marvel Master If you mean ISK, then i would say, if you have > 30 bill isk, then you are rich.
Marvel
IMO anyone who has >30b isk lying around doing nothing will never be rich. Idle cash in eve is a cardinal sin for any successful industrialist, and the industrialists rule eve from an isk perspective.
|

Aversin
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 06:23:00 -
[67]
Originally by: Wild Rho Your rich when you no longer care how much isk is in your wallet.
then how come I feel so poor?
*feels impending doom
Originally by: Razner Cerizo They will never quit. The beatings will continue until morale improves.
|

Wrayeth
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 06:30:00 -
[68]
I PvP in battleships and just broke 600 mil for the first time earlier today. -Wrayeth
|

Lanu
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 07:18:00 -
[69]
Originally by: Astarte Nosferatu Having a BPO of every T2 ship ingame, being able to lose an Outpost and one of formentioned T2 BPO's, and still make billions a day, that's rich.
The guy should only give one billion to me, and he'll make me happier than he'll ever be with all that isk .

On topic, I think in eve your rich.. when you can play the game.. even with some ship loses then log off and still have more in your wallet then when you logged in.
The Exotic Dancer will not survive intact, if transported in a giant secure container. This sig has been warp scrambled for 10 points (someone get the pwnage device) - Vanamonde *activates pwnage* \o/ Explosions make everything better :D -Kaemonn |

Dimitri Chandler
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 07:26:00 -
[70]
Originally by: Rule2k Having too much money takes the phun out of eve for me :(
This is very true and happened to a close friend of mine who had over 40bn isk. He quickly got very bored of eve.
A good level of isk & assets to have is around 20-30bn. This way you can afford most of the things you want whilst still having goals to strive for.
I personally wouldnt want to be mega-rich. Reasonably well-off is good for me.
--------------------------------------------------
Sig hijacked by myself cos I am not very cool |

Nimie
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 08:00:00 -
[71]
what about that enslaver guy? isn't he suppose to be the richest or one of the richest?
|

k starwind
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 08:14:00 -
[72]
my wallet stays around the 250mill isk mark, when it gets above that i buy a new bs or hac then get it up to 250mill and rince and repeat.
even though i never have over 250mill in isk i have a LOT in assets, at my last count i had about 9bill in assets (bs's hacs af's inties and modules)
having no isk in the wallet makes me strive to make more and keeps me alert if i loose a ship i buy a new one which dents my wallet which makes me more focused on not loosing another one. if i had all my isk as liquid assets i would not focus as much as a loss would not hurt my wallet as much as it does with only 250mill isk in it.
anyone with over the isk of replacing 5 ships in they wallet should invest it. but that is my view i know other people who like looking at all the 0's in they wallet
|

Liare
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 08:30:00 -
[73]
Originally by: Jaabaa Prime I have something that is invaluable.
Great friends in EVE.
So I would consider myself to be extremely rich, even if I only had 1 ISK left.
indeed, money does not matter when you play with a decent bunch of people.
i am at my richest in my entire eve career cash wise now, 120 million isk in the wallet. though i have another 400 to 500 million isk worth of assets i could sell off i dont need to.
you know you are in a good corp when you can ask nicely for clone money and four people toss money at you right away despite the fact that they dont have that much more to move around themselves.
oh, and Jaabaa, are we going to get another session of "Jaabaa drunk on teamspeak singing" this week ? _____________________________ Ex-Coretech, We still shoot people. |

R31D
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 08:32:00 -
[74]
Edited by: R31D on 08/03/2006 08:33:34 I reckon Khatred is the richest guy in EVE. Before RMR he owned every T2 ship BPO and supposedly two of every HAC BPO. He has also funded a personal outpost.
edit: although Lizaa is richer than God
Free bumpage for all |

Twilight Moon
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 08:40:00 -
[75]
Its a game, getting rich isnt important, if the game makes you happy, then that is better than being rich. IMHO.
Same as in life really.
|

Rod Blaine
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 10:31:00 -
[76]
Edited by: Rod Blaine on 08/03/2006 10:31:42 i'd say rich in eve now is 10b plus in worth (wallet worth that is, not your faction mod collection)
For a person of course, corps arent rich below 100B in combined worth of assets I guess.
|

Dark Shikari
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 10:39:00 -
[77]
1 billion is slightly rich.
10 billion is moderately rich.
50 billion is quite rich.
200 billion is very rich.
[23] Member: Official Forum Warrior
What's with the blue robots? Click my sig.
|
|

Oveur

|
Posted - 2006.03.08 10:48:00 -
[78]
Originally by: Dark Shikari 1 billion is slightly rich.
10 billion is moderately rich.
50 billion is quite rich.
200 billion is very rich.
Actually, the same character still hast the most ISK:
It's 70.128.794.398 ISK
Which is nothing compared to GM Loki, but he doesn't count. Here it he is though.
238.538.223.333 ISK
However, there are a lot of new "players" on the list, which is interesting.
Senior Producer EVE Online
|
|

Dark Shikari
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 10:52:00 -
[79]
Edited by: Dark Shikari on 08/03/2006 10:52:14
Originally by: Oveur
Originally by: Dark Shikari 1 billion is slightly rich.
10 billion is moderately rich.
50 billion is quite rich.
200 billion is very rich.
Actually, the same character still hast the most ISK:
It's 70.128.794.398 ISK
Which is nothing compared to GM Loki, but he doesn't count. Here it he is though.
238.538.223.333 ISK
However, there are a lot of new "players" on the list, which is interesting.
I generally judge ISK by assets.
I know for a fact just by counting up general market value of the blueprints of many of the major T2 magnates that there must be quite a few people with 200 billion plus in asset value.
For example, I have 3.64 billion ISK in my wallet, but about 18 billion in assets total including ISK.
No good trader will keep his assets in ISK form.
[23] Member: Official Forum Warrior
What's with the blue robots? Click my sig.
|
|

Oveur

|
Posted - 2006.03.08 11:04:00 -
[80]
Originally by: Dark Shikari Edited by: Dark Shikari on 08/03/2006 10:52:14
Originally by: Oveur
Originally by: Dark Shikari 1 billion is slightly rich.
10 billion is moderately rich.
50 billion is quite rich.
200 billion is very rich.
Actually, the same character still hast the most ISK:
It's 70.128.794.398 ISK
Which is nothing compared to GM Loki, but he doesn't count. Here it he is though.
238.538.223.333 ISK
However, there are a lot of new "players" on the list, which is interesting.
I generally judge ISK by assets.
I know for a fact just by counting up general market value of the blueprints of many of the major T2 magnates that there must be quite a few people with 200 billion plus in asset value.
For example, I have 3.64 billion ISK in my wallet, but about 18 billion in assets total including ISK.
No good trader will keep his assets in ISK form.
Not wanting to be nitpicking, but Assets is Assets and ISK is Currency, which is a part of Assets.
The main reason being that evaluating Assets is usually quite relative, especially if you are counting blueprints.
Senior Producer EVE Online
|
|

Dark Shikari
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 11:05:00 -
[81]
Originally by: Oveur Not wanting to be nitpicking, but Assets is Assets and ISK is Currency, which is a part of Assets.
The main reason being that evaluating Assets is usually quite relative, especially if you are counting blueprints.
True. I generally value blueprints and the like based on what they are currently selling for on the sell orders forum, i.e. what they could be sold for on short notice.
[23] Member: Official Forum Warrior
What's with the blue robots? Click my sig.
|

Tobiaz
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 11:20:00 -
[82]
Being filthy rich can be nice in RL, but in a game it takes away the challenge to be able to make enough money to cover your expenses.
I'm not playing so I can be bored silly...poor FTW.
Spacerats hibernating
|

Kunming
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 11:27:00 -
[83]
I'm sure we are talking about financial richness here, cause I pity the fool who cant see the real treasure in this game.. your friends.
Back on topic, I would say income is more important than how much money you have, ofcourse if you have enough you can always go buy a T2 BPO and increase your income but in the end its the same.
Your balanced average 0.0 alliance player has around a bil in his wallet, unless he keeps losing ships everyday.
Rich is if you can afford to lose anything you want to fly.
|

The Enslaver
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 11:36:00 -
[84]
I have enough to get by.
 -------- Shinra Director
|

Snake Jankins
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 11:41:00 -
[85]
Edited by: Snake Jankins on 08/03/2006 11:41:45 It's relative. I've got 1.5 bil cash and some assets like 2-2.5 bil in mins (...from hunting ) and like 8 BS. If I consider that I have more than one char and haven't bought the skills for capitals yet, own no capital ship, no freighter, no big bpo, then I'd say I'm rather poor.
When I have that all and 10 bil or more in my wallet, then I'd say I'm quite rich. ___________ 'Only ships can be assembled, this is a Frigate.' |

Cookie Snatcher
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 11:48:00 -
[86]
Well, you are rich when you got more income than you can spend. Just like me :)
|

Tony Fats
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 11:54:00 -
[87]
Originally by: Jaabaa Prime I have something that is invaluable.
Great friends in EVE.
So I would consider myself to be extremely rich, even if I only had 1 ISK left.
QFT. Not just that, but also knowledge of the game.
I prolly got like 10 mil in my wallet, but I consider myself rich, because I've never had to do anything I don't want to do. I got valuable crap sitting in hangars that I can't be bothered to sell, because I just don't need the money.
Knowledge of the game means that all my losses are anticipated.
I'm cheap as hell, like killer8, I never buy faction ships, hardly ever use expensive modules, so everything I lose is worth jack. I don't use implants, they just sit in my hangar till I feel like selling them.
Basically the only big cost I have is clone cost, and I haven't been podkilled with my 3 newest toons (including this one.) Last time I got podkilled was a year and a half ago with my first character, when I was a noob, I flew through Jita during wartime in a Bestower with everything I owned, got popped, got podkilled with a head full of implants, almost quit the game.
But being stubborn I was determined to be a force in this universe, not just some guy who got pwned and disappeared to go play wow.
Theres alot of stories about how rich everyone is, but I think its a misnomer.
I think that %10 of the people in this game either 1) Love to grind NPC's 2) Love to grind roids or 3) Love to play the market. All three of those habits will make you tons of cash.
The other %90 are prolly just scraping by.
|

Steven Dynahir
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 12:08:00 -
[88]
Originally by: Mantar Mattox
Originally by: Steven Dynahir
Quote: A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without. - Henry David Thoreau
Things like that, are said by the poor to help them cope to harsh reality. - Steven Dynahir
Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open. -Sir James Dewar
Minds are like prisons. They hold nothing if you leave the door open. - Steven Dynahir --- Regional Sell orders |

Liare
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 12:14:00 -
[89]
Originally by: The Enslaver I have enough to get by.

yea, that Cap recharger 2 BPO gives well doesnt it ?
contact him directly for cheap ones folks. 
(it gets old, but it never looses its appeal) _____________________________ Ex-Coretech, We still shoot people. |

Zafriel
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 12:16:00 -
[90]
I have 200mil yarr
and im the richest person in eve because I get to fly with ATUF
|

Luigi Thirty
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 12:16:00 -
[91]
When you have a T2 BPO, you're rich.
Unfortunately, Miner II does not count :/
|

Snake Jankins
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 12:19:00 -
[92]
Originally by: Tony Fats Love to grind NPC's...
After a few hours, when I get sleepy I hate npc'ing, but still continue a bit. I also prefer it over mining, because it's interesting to see what spawns next. And when an officer spawns I know I have won. That's why I never chain npcs and usually don't mine. The reason why I grind at all, although I could enjoy pvp in t2 frigs the whole day and be happy ? Isks are my ticket to new aspects of the game. T2 production, capitals etc. I want to have it all at some point. Once I'm happy with what I've reached, it's maybe time to stop playing.  ___________ 'Only ships can be assembled, this is a Frigate.' |

Khonsu
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 12:19:00 -
[93]
You're rich when you know the difference between "your" and "you're" 
|

Dou Intaki
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 12:36:00 -
[94]
I would say 60B is rich, i've got about 6B in assets and my characters are worth about 15B
|

Tony Fats
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 12:43:00 -
[95]
Originally by: Steven Dynahir
Originally by: Mantar Mattox
Originally by: Steven Dynahir
Quote: A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without. - Henry David Thoreau
Things like that, are said by the poor to help them cope to harsh reality. - Steven Dynahir
Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open. -Sir James Dewar
Minds are like prisons. They hold nothing if you leave the door open. - Steven Dynahir
Opinions are like buttholes. Everybody has one, and they all stink. - Me
|

wierchas noobhunter
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 12:45:00 -
[96]
i have 200 mil yarrr  
join soar angelic
|

So'Kar
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 12:45:00 -
[97]
Originally by: Oveur However, there are a lot of new "players" on the list, which is interesting.
Timecode sales?
|

Usul Faust
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 12:46:00 -
[98]
Originally by: Tony Fats
Originally by: Steven Dynahir
Originally by: Mantar Mattox
Originally by: Steven Dynahir
Quote: A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without. - Henry David Thoreau
Things like that, are said by the poor to help them cope to harsh reality. - Steven Dynahir
Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open. -Sir James Dewar
Minds are like prisons. They hold nothing if you leave the door open. - Steven Dynahir
Opinions are like buttholes. Everybody has one, and they all stink. - Me
you didn't make that up.
no skills, just luck.
|

SavageThrash
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 12:49:00 -
[99]
To be honest i didnt know there were some many people in eve with over a few bill in assets. I have played eve for about 1 yr adn 4 months and i have never brooken 800 mill in the wallet. I dont invest in faction (oh ok 1 mod) or faction bs. I just fly the occasional hac but mostly t1 and t1 fitted cruisers.
Now where all these other ppl make their multi billions i dont know but for now i guess until i find a get rich quick scheme i will be stuck with my 500 mill.
Rich isk wise would be several bill, that would be tons. Now I think anyone who owns a t2 bpo is pretty well off to. I still think that eve is so much easier for other people then it is for pierats. Indy guys get a t2 bpo adn there working days are over, they just sit at the station and click the build button :P
|

Coconut Joe
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 12:52:00 -
[100]
Edited by: Coconut Joe on 08/03/2006 12:52:42 Jpn Steart said it best. "You know're rich when you can shoot a man, and he'll appologise to you!"
|

Gunstar Zero
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 12:56:00 -
[101]
I have no personal isk.
All my money goes to the corp.
I'm provided with everything I need:
Interceptor Tech II Fitting Something to shoot with it.
|

Dark Shikari
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 13:14:00 -
[102]
Originally by: Luigi Thirty When you have a T2 BPO, you're rich.
What if your T2 BPO is a Gremlin Rage Rocket BPO? 
[23] Member: Official Forum Warrior
What's with the blue robots? Click my sig.
|

Sha'blach
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 13:15:00 -
[103]
Well I currently have just over 2 billion - a bill of which was just spent of my shiny new freighter (of the caldari kind heh). I consiter myself... hmmm... doing okay if not well - but trust me, it takes ALOT of work. I made alot of mine through PVP and Building ships/seeding Jita ;) ------------ Atlantis Earth Production Studios - Phoenix, Arizona - Las Vegas
|

Krackerjack
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 13:24:00 -
[104]
Edited by: Krackerjack on 08/03/2006 13:24:45 I have 58k. Am I rich?
|

Gee'Kin
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 13:44:00 -
[105]
iam good.
i got a pod , a ship , a bounty and a fine damsel waiting for me in the station hangar. and some fine spiced wine. Some Uranium Ammo to sit on.
so am i rich ? -------------------------------------------->
Eve is all about fun, fun and more fun. Why whine. Just adapt.
|

000Hunter000
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 13:47:00 -
[106]
I'm not and never have been in this game to get as rich as possible as fast as possible but merely for the pleasure of helping out my fellow players and corpmembers and having fun doing stuff together.
Also, i'm lazy and bored easily so i don't mine days at a time and don't run missions days at a time, nor can i bring up the patience to run off large productions and selling them. And trading... no thnx.
Could i have been in a big 0.0 corp having billions in me wallet? prolly yes if i had wanted to 
Offcourse having said all this, i wouldn't mind having several billions (donations to my wallet will be appreciated ) and i would certainly use any T2 BPO i would get (which is overdue btw, so ccp go give me that T2 ship bpo allready ) to the fullest for making isk, but chances are i would again use it to give my corp an advantage.
|

Hans Roaming
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 14:04:00 -
[107]
I'm the CEO of a corporation and the president of an alliance so I get about 1 day per month to NPC, although getting 60mil from members on my birthday was nice. 
My assets probably add up to around 500-800mil with about 200 of that liquid. Buying six Vigilants pre RMR for ~20-25mil each paid off heh heh.
However I run a corp which is focused on PVP and is comunistic so all T1 ships are supplied corp insured as well as all mods including t2 mods, we're getting to the point of supplying corp insured t2 frigs and moving up the ladder in that regard. In exchange for that there is a 10% tax and all loot is donated to copr for using and or recycling to mins to make stuff. So in reality all my ISK gets spent on skills and faction ships like the Vigilant to have fun in. In fact we recently started suppling cap ships to our members as well.
Is that rich, well having a hanger full of everything you want to fly without worry of loss makes it sure feel rich to me. 
President Huzzah Federation
Be all you can be, join the Huzzah Armed Forces today! |

Oosel
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 14:10:00 -
[108]
it doesnt pay to have to much in your wallet because if like me you are not a pvp'er and are always on the receiving end of ransoms the more you have the more they ransom you for.......so me im really really poor
|

Breed Love
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 14:11:00 -
[109]
I consider myself rich when I can afford to replace my main pvp ship 
|

Scalor Valentis
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 14:29:00 -
[110]
Rich is one with the most poverful frends!
|

Asane
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 14:31:00 -
[111]
All in all, we need taxes
|

Amarid Fury
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 15:42:00 -
[112]
Edited by: Amarid Fury on 08/03/2006 15:42:34 I'm a newb. I don't have the cash to buy a Battlecruiser, and I've never seen more then 7Mill ISK in my wallet.
It's all reletive.
To me, 5000$(real cash) is a lot of money. To someone who makes 250K a year, it's spending money.
Same in game.
Ifyou have 1 billion. the cost of a Battlecruiser is nothing. 25Mil? nothing.. but to someone who's only weeks old, it's a hell of a lot.
:)
|

Kaynard Stormwalker
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 17:39:00 -
[113]
Weeks old is relative as well. ;o Ive been playing seriously for...2-3 months ? Or less. Spent half or more of my char life training learning skills + basic stuffs. :) And NOW (After 5 or 6 months) Im starting with level 4's and actually getting iskies. =D Although its all good, because training learning + basic stuff REALLY pays off now. And I had tons of stuff to play when I was training learning.
Whoever can make enough money to supply PvP needs is pretty much "rich" in my book. Although the word implies a bit more, so yea, whoever doesnt have to worry about his/her wallet. :) Getting over that is kinda sucky, since all you do is want more and more isk for (Generally) nothing. At least thats what I see in most MMO's Ive been rich in. Im glad I can say "just **** it" and spend my money and have fun with it. :) Its like having 1k+ gold in WoW and not buying an epic mount. :P
|

Jenny Spitfire
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 17:56:00 -
[114]
Rich is when if you are poor, with a click of a button, you are no longer poor.  ----------------
RecruitMe@NOINT! |

Raid
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 17:59:00 -
[115]
I have 300mil in my wallet. As long as i have enough to buy more ships and guns then im filthy rich. If i had billions i would become careless and lose the thrill of combat.
|

Amarid Fury
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 18:27:00 -
[116]
Cripes. can the person with 238billion send my 500Mill. i'll be your game slave 3 days a week :)
Ahh. my goal, is to reach 1 billion. That will be a long time off.
|

Berak FalCheran
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 20:07:00 -
[117]
I'm curious as to what 'rich' is too in a sheerly isk-based sense of the word...
But... I agree with whoever said "rich is when you dont care how much isk you have". It's all about blowing people up, not counting your pennies :-P
In short: Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it.
|

Xaneth
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 20:40:00 -
[118]
TIME
For me it has always been a matter of how much time I can invest in the game. I don't play more than a couple of hours a week and never have.
After 2 and a half years, my main has 40 mil and pretty at least 1 each of the minmatar ship classes except capital class. Thats pretty much due to being in a great corp that gave me good stuff.
Now I'm on my own, I can't find the time to get enough isk to support a decent PvP session. I just don't have the friggin TIME to perform the necessary grinding.
Woe is me....27 mil combat skillpoints just wasting away :(
X
|

Death Unleashed
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 20:49:00 -
[119]
DONT FLY WHAT YOU CANT AFFORD TO LOOSE  
Me never leaves the hanger then i am very poor, if i loose my ship i dont have another in a hanger some where.
I just lost my first hac. i now have including assets value, 17.8mil to my name.
Having no money makes the thrill of fighting even greater.
Rich. is being able to replace your ship immediatly after loosing it.
|

Slink Grinsdikild
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 20:50:00 -
[120]
I always have around 750m ISK in my wallet as a safety net, it would be much higher if I wasn't so lazy. I don't actually start producing and selling items until I need to make a purchase. 
|

Asane
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 21:00:00 -
[121]
Originally by: Steven Dynahir
Originally by: Mantar Mattox
Originally by: Steven Dynahir
Quote: A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without. - Henry David Thoreau
Things like that, are said by the poor to help them cope to harsh reality. - Steven Dynahir
Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open. -Sir James Dewar
Minds are like prisons. They hold nothing if you leave the door open. - Steven Dynahir
Talking out of your rear with no grounds to hold your speech is like training tuna to climb mountains - Mantar Mattox
|

crom ralphfao
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 21:29:00 -
[122]
crappola, i rarely get above ten million. i have a brutix, 2 iteron fives, a rax and now a destroyer cause im actually starting to do missions.......lol, after 8 months.
now i have a friend starting who i will probably give several million to.......its how i got started with the help of giddion and havana corp(now acquisition industries).
alms for an old ex-leper?!
haha, maybe ill get lucky with some super loot find.
|

Wild Fox
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 21:55:00 -
[123]
Originally by: Gee'Kin iam good.
i got a pod , a ship , a bounty and a fine damsel waiting for me in the station hangar. and some fine spiced wine. Some Uranium Ammo to sit on.
so am i rich ?
Cripes, man, don't sit on Uranium ammo... There are some things money can't fix X-)
|

voogru
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 22:02:00 -
[124]
Edited by: voogru on 08/03/2006 22:04:32 You are not rich until you have your own Luxury Yacht.
So that means, only two people in EVE are rich.

|

Cacciatore
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 22:37:00 -
[125]
Well I'll say this, though it is true wealth can be measured in a multitude of ways, one must also realise that the differences therein are a result or differences in aims/goals, means, inginuity, and how far one will go to obtain a goal.
Some might say that to be rich is to have 200 billion isk, this I would not argue with, while others would say it makes the game boring. People who end up in this "class" are usually "power gamers" who are incredibly driven towards a single goal.. to them being incredibly rich and/or having "all the toys" is their personal measure of "fun" or success in a game. Think of this though, when you have that much isk (effectively enough to sustain itself with minimal effort if you do it right) you're playing the game on a much grander scale then most players, at that point you literally have enough isk to influence entire portions of the economy as well as politics and the like.. want to start a war? just hire every merc corp in the game for a month.. that'd be a nice start, and affordable to someone with that kind of isk.
Now you take the another mindset, that value is placed in people and not pure cold hard isk.. this also I would not argue with. Unlike that, hypothetical, man with 200b isk.. those with friends can find an easier time doing other things, for example say I lose my only battleship and cannot afford to buy a new one and re-insure it.. a group of good friends would loan/give me the isk to make sure that I can still enjoy playing the game alongside them, that quality, the devotion to ones friends cannot be bought (regardless of what anyone says.. true loyalty is not a paid service) and as such becomes priceless. These would be your more social gamers, people who really are the reason for massively MULTIPLAYER games such as EVE.
Or you take your "average" gamer, the ones who want to have a sense of accomplishment be it in isk, assets, or deeds.. but also have a more "practical" view on how often they should have "fun". These are the ones who truely drive games for the most part.. the ones who are happy if they have enough assets/isk to do what they want in EVE, be it blow up their enemies, mine all day, or hunt down some NPC's. These type of people will likely never be truely "rich" in the common sense, but as a fact of economies around the world and just society in general, you need "pleebs" to have the upper class.. these are the true lifeblood behind an economy and the ones upon whos backs the wealthy stand.
Now this is not to say anyone stays in just one bracket during their time in EVE, many will find themselves a hodgepodge of the 3, or swapping from one to another as their tastes or goals change, or if they simply get bored.
I'll be honest when I say that, if they know what they're doing the incredibly rich will stay that way, they've secured enough wealtha nd assets already to more then ensure that, simply buy more T2 BPO's as they come out and keep selling the wares you have for the inflated market prices that you do and you will never, over time, lose money. So that being said I don't see any reason why in say another year it wouldn't be unheard of to find someone with 100 hell even 300 billion isk in their wallet and enough assets to choke a freighter pilot.
Now if that's your measure of success in EVE, fine, but aside from the few who obtain it.. most with that goal will end up disappointed.. now those who prefer the other 2 options tend to have much greater satisfaction out of their $15 a month.. something that is never a bad thing and shouldn't be considered overrated.
My 2 isk
(and for the record I'm not a rich man.. likely around 6 billion in assets, with 120m in my wallet.. I'm a sucker for the shiney new toys.)
Something is only impossible when you refuse to try
Kills |

Doc Love
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 23:01:00 -
[126]
Not to get esoteric, but I would say the truly rich in EVE are those who effectively use the game as an outlet and relaxing entertainment. I have enough politics, greed, and distrust to deal with in the real business world, I don't need to get all worked up about it in my entertainment. Those for whom the game is a source of stress, anxiety, and/or damaging to their RL personal lives are truly the poorest among us, regardless of how many ISK they have in their wallet. Something to keep in perspective

|

Kular
|
Posted - 2006.03.08 23:21:00 -
[127]
agreed, eve is just like RL in the fact that sadly but true money does impact your happiness, as much as you hate it. Im broke, but happy in RL, in eve, doing a little better now, able to pvp and afford most my losses. Again never fly what you can't afford to loose. Applies to everything, which is why I brown-bag my lunch, can't afford MC D's  For God, Empire, and Sarum! |

Vaar
|
Posted - 2006.03.09 00:02:00 -
[128]
Rich is when your cash and assets equal to hundreds of billions. Those who are rich didnt get there by keeping their cash in their wallets. I consider myself quite rich but not quite fully rich.
|

Asane
|
Posted - 2006.03.09 00:03:00 -
[129]
Rich.. Rich is when you are without need.
|

Kindakrof
|
Posted - 2006.03.09 00:33:00 -
[130]
PLaying since april 2004, never had a wallet of 200 mil. I just can't have 10 mil in my wallet without buyin an interceptor  I've probably spent like 2 bil on interceptors  ----
my sig has lots of colors. is pretty and ISD like it so nobody can rob it from me :D |

Xori Ruscuv
|
Posted - 2006.03.09 01:00:00 -
[131]
Originally by: Steven Dynahir
Quote: A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without. - Henry David Thoreau
Things like that, are said by the poor to help them cope to harsh reality. - Steven Dynahir
QFT.
|

Eudoxus
|
Posted - 2006.03.09 03:52:00 -
[132]
Originally by: Steven Dynahir --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without. - Henry David Thoreau --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Things like that, are said by the poor to help them cope to harsh reality. - Steven Dynahir
Yup, agree there. I can't remember who said it but it went along the lines of 'I have been poor and had problems and I have been rich and had problems....but I would always rather be rich!'
Well anyone who says its better being poor cause life is simpler or whathaveyou is pulling that one out of their heinies 
For me - I know I am not rich. I fluctuate between cash of 3mm and 120mm and always have an increasing pile of assets. But the increasing pile of assets only provide more isk over time that gets.......more assets! So funnily enough I never seem to have enough cash and feel poor.
|

Hamatitio
|
Posted - 2006.03.09 06:42:00 -
[133]
Edited by: Hamatitio on 09/03/2006 06:44:58 I have no isk, yet I don't consider myself poor.
Why? because I have friends who are rich ^_^.
I actually managed to pvp for 11 months straight without earning a single dime. When you truly are needed, people pay for your services. Whether I needed an interdictor or a stiletto, corp mates always got me one because they knew I was a god.
Now - I have about 103 mil in my wallet, 10 interceptors, an interdictor, 5 battleships... Access to whatever I need. An alt account with a covetor and t2 modulated strip miners. The oppurtunities are there, I just need to take them more often.
/me strokes his 180k zyd slowly.
Oh... and corpmate just got a nighthawk BPO. Insta- 40billion ftw. ---
I Post on the forums for Fate. Im cool. Industrialists wanted |

LightWithDark
|
Posted - 2006.03.09 06:43:00 -
[134]
most i have ever had was 1 mill :( but in sorta new just one mounth of playing
|

Alan Bell
|
Posted - 2006.03.09 07:20:00 -
[135]
Originally by: TheKiller8 I'm a multi billionaire but also pretty stingy (yes I'm Dutch). For instance I've never bought a Cap Recharger II in my Eve career. I find the idea of fitting an only marginally improved module that costs as much as the ship itself silly. Through that logic I've also never bothered investing in a Faction Battleship. I mean sure they're nice but I can simply not justify their cost. HACs are also turning into a problem now that they're becoming insanely expensive. All this means that I, as a dedicated PvP'r, simply no longer have to rat or mine for money. I can PvP all I want without having to worry about my budget. Cheap ship losses are compensated by rich ship kills and people who donate which makes my wallet look like this.
uh, biggest transaction i see in there is 5 mill... which isnt much. You could always just have an alt transfer isk to main and stuff becuase names are cut out http://coldfusion.online-guild.com |

MissileRus
|
Posted - 2006.03.09 07:38:00 -
[136]
rich is when your gf can take a trip to jita without you worrying about it --------------------------- 4. i like pizza |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 :: [one page] |