| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| Author |
Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s) |

Aebe Amraen
Dreddit Test Alliance Please Ignore
14
|
Posted - 2013.11.23 16:07:00 -
[1] - Quote
Those loyal to the Gallente Empire would have us believe that they stand on the side of freedom, peace, and justice. They choose to ignore the catastrophe at Malkalen, pretending it never happened--or, in some cases, spread conspiracy theories suggesting it was either an inside job or the work of a rogue capsuleer impersonating Noir; absurd claims with no evidence to back them up.
Malkalen shows the true nature of the Gallentean government--this nominally democratic empire is in fact controlled by military industries who will stop at nothing to ensure a market for their weapons of war. How much has Jacus Roden profited from this war he started?
The memory of that day burns forever in the minds of all those who love truth, who love justice, who love peace. Remember Malkalen! |

Katrina Oniseki
Revenent Defence Corperation Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
2428
|
Posted - 2013.11.23 17:31:00 -
[2] - Quote
We do. Ch+½j+ì Katrina Oniseki ~ (RDC) Chief Operations Officer ~ [I-RED] Director of Public Relations |

Stitcher
Alexylva Paradox
2434
|
Posted - 2013.11.23 17:38:00 -
[3] - Quote
Ironic. If it's not a conspiracy theory about impersonation and inside jobs, it's a conspiracy theory about Jacus Roden profiting from the destruction.
Guess no matter what you do, there's always going to be a conspiracy. An in-character blog and a video: http://verinsjournal.blogspot.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu1mbsgo738
|

Aebe Amraen
Dreddit Test Alliance Please Ignore
15
|
Posted - 2013.11.23 17:41:00 -
[4] - Quote
Stitcher wrote:Ironic. If it's not a conspiracy theory about impersonation and inside jobs, it's a conspiracy theory about Jacus Roden profiting from the destruction.
Guess no matter what you do, there's always going to be a conspiracy.
I don't think there can be any doubt that Jacus Roden profits from the increased demand for Roden Shipyards warships. |

James Syagrius
The Philalethes Society
608
|
Posted - 2013.11.23 17:52:00 -
[5] - Quote
Aebe Amraen wrote:Stitcher wrote:Ironic. If it's not a conspiracy theory about impersonation and inside jobs, it's a conspiracy theory about Jacus Roden profiting from the destruction.
Guess no matter what you do, there's always going to be a conspiracy. I don't think there can be any doubt that Jacus Roden profits from the increased demand for Roden Shipyards warships. Perhaps not but considering your opening statement I doubt that what your after is GÇ£peaceGÇ¥. GÇ£Here also are the heralds of his praise."
http://syagrius-eve.blogspot.com/
|

Vikarion
State Trade Consortium
688
|
Posted - 2013.11.23 17:56:00 -
[6] - Quote
James Syagrius wrote:I don't think there can be any doubt that Jacus Roden profits from the increased demand for Roden Shipyards warships. Perhaps not but considering your opening statement I doubt that what your after is GÇ£peaceGÇ¥. [/quote]
Even the most peace-oriented Caldari loathe Roden. In fact, you can find quite a few Gallente capsuleers who aren't sure whether the Caldari or Roden are worse.
And, indeed, Roden might be worse. The CEP is not, by and large, interested in destroying the Federation as an entity. But Roden can change it from within, without a fight, into something that is unrecognizable. |

Stitcher
Alexylva Paradox
2436
|
Posted - 2013.11.23 18:06:00 -
[7] - Quote
Aebe Amraen wrote:I don't think there can be any doubt that Jacus Roden profits from the increased demand for Roden Shipyards warships.
So have I. I've built and sold Roden ships - you can make good money of Ares and Oneiros-classes. Clearly, I'm a co-conspirator and should be arrested for treason. Oh, and arrest Lai Dai and Kaalakiota while you're at it: Both have profited from the increased demand for their warships, exactly as Roden shipyards have done. Clearly they're in on it.
An in-character blog and a video: http://verinsjournal.blogspot.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu1mbsgo738
|

Katrina Oniseki
Revenent Defence Corperation Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
2429
|
Posted - 2013.11.23 18:12:00 -
[8] - Quote
It's not difficult to see a conflict of interests regarding Roden.
He's quite possibly one of the few men in the Federation who has the power to end the war, and he's also one of the few men in the Federation directly and so lucratively profiting from it.
Ch+½j+ì Katrina Oniseki ~ (RDC) Chief Operations Officer ~ [I-RED] Director of Public Relations |

Aebe Amraen
Dreddit Test Alliance Please Ignore
15
|
Posted - 2013.11.23 18:13:00 -
[9] - Quote
Stitcher wrote:Aebe Amraen wrote:I don't think there can be any doubt that Jacus Roden profits from the increased demand for Roden Shipyards warships. So have I. I've built and sold Roden ships - you can make good money of Ares and Oneiros-classes. Clearly, I'm a co-conspirator and should be arrested for treason. Oh, and arrest Lai Dai and Kaalakiota while you're at it: Both have profited from the increased demand for their warships, exactly as Roden shipyards have done. Clearly they're in on it.
I would remind you that it was a Gallente supercarrier, not a Caldari one, under the command of a Gallente general, not a Caldari one, which took the lives of hundreds of thousands of civilians at Malkalen.
Your response is sadly typical of Gallentean apologists who choose to ignore the tragedy and vilify the Caldari state. So typical, in fact, that I predicted it in my original post. Thank you for demonstrating my point for me. |

James Syagrius
The Philalethes Society
615
|
Posted - 2013.11.23 18:24:00 -
[10] - Quote
I am continually amazed at the undeserved vitriol directed at our good President.
He has done nothing but strengthen our Federal Union from its internal and external foes.
Please enumerate for me his offences that lead you to your very conspiratorial conclusions regarding his intentions.
Perhaps however itGÇÖs simply that our friends in the State are unsettled by the thought of an effective Executive in the Federation capable of dealing in kind with State duplicity. GÇ£Here also are the heralds of his praise."
http://syagrius-eve.blogspot.com/
|

Andreus Ixiris
Duty. The Cursed Few
3777
|
Posted - 2013.11.23 18:30:00 -
[11] - Quote
Aebe Amraen wrote:I would remind you that it was a Gallente supercarrier, not a Caldari one, under the command of a Gallente general, not a Caldari one, which took the lives of hundreds of thousands of civilians at Malkalen.
Your response is sadly typical of Gallentean apologists who choose to ignore the tragedy and vilify the Caldari state. So typical, in fact, that I predicted it in my original post. Thank you for demonstrating my point for me. I would remind you that it was a Caldari fleet, not a Gallente one, under the command of a Caldari admiral, not a Gallente one, which took the lives of hundreds of thousands of civilians on Gallente Prime.
Your response is sadly typical of Caldari apologists who choose to ignore the tragedy and vilify the Gallente Federation. So typical. Mane 614
|

Stitcher
Alexylva Paradox
2438
|
Posted - 2013.11.23 18:34:00 -
[12] - Quote
oh please. I'm neither glorifying the Federation nor vilifying the State - I'm simply calling you a moron whose sad attempt at overcompensating for his ethnicity in a show of patriotic zeal isn't fooling anybody with a working brain.
The State can survive on its own merits without idiots like you making an excess of nationalistic noise. We don't NEED another Diana Kim, the one we already have is doing enough damage to the credibility of our people.
Jacus Roden is a powerful person, and the head of state of a foreign power with whom we have an antagonistic relationship. Fine. That fact is not sufficient evidence to accuse him of being involved in Malkalen. There is NO evidence linking him with it, none. And your paranoid ravings just wind up making the State look like a haven for witless zealots who couldn't find a rational argument with three years and a guide.
I'm not defending Jacus Roden, I'm defending the State from cracked cases like you by trying to show that we're not all of us completely dense. An in-character blog and a video: http://verinsjournal.blogspot.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu1mbsgo738
|

Jandice Ymladris
Aurora Arcology
348
|
Posted - 2013.11.23 19:39:00 -
[13] - Quote
Andreus Ixiris wrote:Aebe Amraen wrote:I would remind you that it was a Gallente supercarrier, not a Caldari one, under the command of a Gallente general, not a Caldari one, which took the lives of hundreds of thousands of civilians at Malkalen.
Your response is sadly typical of Gallentean apologists who choose to ignore the tragedy and vilify the Caldari state. So typical, in fact, that I predicted it in my original post. Thank you for demonstrating my point for me. I would remind you that it was a Caldari fleet, not a Gallente one, under the command of a Caldari admiral, not a Gallente one, which took the lives of hundreds of thousands of civilians on Gallente Prime. Your response is sadly typical of Caldari apologists who choose to ignore the tragedy and vilify the Gallente Federation. So typical.
And you seem to be a typical Gallente apologist to me, failing to see that the Gallente Federation makes faults.
The Caldari State isn't perfect, and we know this. But this knowledge strengthens us, as it inspires us to improve. We ousted Heth because he diverged from the Caldari ideal and became too focused on the destruction of the federation at all costs. With his removal, we lessened our imperfection, improving the State to a better organisation. It's time for the Gallente to look at themselves and improve themselves from within. Marooned in Space Latest Top Newsfeed: Concord clears Jita Local comms! |

Aebe Amraen
Dreddit Test Alliance Please Ignore
16
|
Posted - 2013.11.23 20:27:00 -
[14] - Quote
Stitcher wrote:I'm not defending Jacus Roden, I'm defending the State from cracked cases like you by trying to show that we're not all of us completely dense.
I'm not at all sure the State needs or wants defense from someone whose combat record consists entirely of attacking Caldari State officials.
Your words carry little weight, my traitorous friend. |

Stitcher
Alexylva Paradox
2440
|
Posted - 2013.11.23 20:38:00 -
[15] - Quote
I wasn't aware that Templis Dragonaurs, Guristas, True slaves, and an assortment of independent capsuleers could be considered "State officials".
Well, except for Pouriainen Uetartoshin. That was a blue-on-blue brought about by a confusing combat situation which led me, and many others, to mistake him for a Dragonaur. I reached an appropriate settlement with the Peace and Order Unit out of court and my standing with them has suffered no permanent harm. An in-character blog and a video: http://verinsjournal.blogspot.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu1mbsgo738
|

Cheng Sawal
Rapid Salvage Unit
0
|
Posted - 2013.11.23 21:38:00 -
[16] - Quote
There is no doubt Mister Roden benefits greatly from his position and from the war. It's traditional for politicians to milk the system for all its worth after all. As for his industry benefiting from his service to the nation, .. well, he is almost Caldari in that accomplishment. Whether those of us in the State should be concerned or smug about that is up in the air. |

Andreus Ixiris
Duty. The Cursed Few
3777
|
Posted - 2013.11.23 21:44:00 -
[17] - Quote
I'd like to point out the irony of a Gallentean member of TEST admonishing anyone about pride in or loyalty to any nation, given that for the longest time every single communique from TEST members posting on the IGS was "hurr, the Empires suck! We'll never, ever need them!" That was, until TEST got ran out of nullsec on a rail and decided that no, they actually did need the protection of the Caldari State, and expect everyone on the IGS to forget that they were some of the same people shooting at the Caldari fleet during Operation Spectre.
Besides, the "frothing, lunatic Caldari with no understanding of reality" post has long been filled. If TEST wanted to jump on a bandwagon, they could at least have picked one with a future. Mane 614
|

Pieter Tuulinen
Pyre Falcon Defence Cadre XV-01A Pyre Falcon Defence Combine
2372
|
Posted - 2013.11.23 22:54:00 -
[18] - Quote
Stitcher wrote:I wasn't aware that Templis Dragonaurs, Guristas, True slaves, and an assortment of independent capsuleers could be considered "State officials".
Well, except for Pouriainen Uetartoshin. That was a blue-on-blue brought about by a confusing combat situation which led me, and many others, to mistake him for a Dragonaur. I reached an appropriate settlement with the Peace and Order Unit out of court and my standing with them has suffered no permanent harm.
I can confirm that Hakaatain-haan flew in support of the Caldari State and the CEP in several large engagements earlier this year. |

Andreus Ixiris
Duty. The Cursed Few
3782
|
Posted - 2013.11.23 23:15:00 -
[19] - Quote
Protip - if you're a Provist demagogue and you're trying to rile up Caldari loyalists, there's one thing you never do. One tactic you don't try, if you want to have any hope of being taken seriously, if you want any chance of getting your point across, if you want to maintain any shred of credibility.
Don't call Verin a traitor to the Caldari State.
I'm not neccessarily saying that correlation implies causation, but every single person who's ever tried that has ended up as an IGS laughing stock, and I'm not sure that's a coincidence. Mane 614
|

Erys Charantes
University of Caille Gallente Federation
37
|
Posted - 2013.11.23 23:29:00 -
[20] - Quote
Aebe Amraen wrote:Those loyal to the Gallente Empire would have us believe that they stand on the side of freedom, peace, and justice. They choose to ignore the catastrophe at Malkalen, pretending it never happened--or, in some cases, spread conspiracy theories suggesting it was either an inside job or the work of a rogue capsuleer impersonating Noir; absurd claims with no evidence to back them up. Malkalen shows the true nature of the Gallentean government--this nominally democratic empire is in fact controlled by military industries who will stop at nothing to ensure a market for their weapons of war. How much has Jacus Roden profited from this war he started? The memory of that day burns forever in the minds of all those who love truth, who love justice, who love peace. Remember Malkalen! I'll never be able to forget Malkalen. Indelibly etched, you might say. I'm not going to bother explaining what my link to that activity is, since everyone who matters knows, and anyone who doesn't can work it out from my really available public information if they have half a brain. In case you haven't noticed, we already have a war over this, and those who care, remember. We don't need some nullsec reject using it for his own dreary little reasons.
You want to respect Malkalen? Arrange a ceremony to honor the dead or commemorate the day itself. Those of us who lived through it are pretty tired of having it trotted out every time some "born again" anti-Federalist/anti-Stateist/rabble rouser needs a convenient soap box. |

Vikarion
State Trade Consortium
690
|
Posted - 2013.11.23 23:34:00 -
[21] - Quote
Aebe Amraen wrote:Stitcher wrote:I'm not defending Jacus Roden, I'm defending the State from cracked cases like you by trying to show that we're not all of us completely dense. I'm not at all sure the State needs or wants defense from someone whose combat record consists entirely of attacking Caldari State officials. Your words carry little weight, my traitorous friend.
I dislike many of Mr. Hakatain's affiliations and choices, but he has fought in the Protectorate, and so far as I am aware, never directly opposed the State. Just because we disagree with someone, does not make them a traitor to the State.
Remember: I against my brother. My brother and I against our family. Our family against the corporation. Our corporation against all corporations. All of the State against all others.
I sympathize with the view that Roden is an ultranationalist nutjob, and my personal opinion is that the Gallente were either directly responsibly or incredibly criminally negligent in regards to Malkalen, but it must be remembered that we Caldari, have a responsibility to seek proof over emotional reaction. We do not burn people alive in front of crowds, and when we do have bad leaders, we depose them.
What can be said, with ease, is that Roden has been tenuously linked by news reports to Gallente Ultranationalist and racial purity movements in the past, and has a great financial interest in the continuation of the current conflict.
|

Natalcya Katla
Naqam Shaktipat Revelators
139
|
Posted - 2013.11.24 00:14:00 -
[22] - Quote
Aebe Amraen wrote:Remember Malkalen!
I remember Malkalen. I remember the twisted metal, the smoke, the wounded as they were dragged out of the wreckage to be evacuated onboard the hastily assembled fleet piloted by capsuleers from every corner of New Eden. I remember Stitcher and others like him, equal parts stupid and brave as they left their capsules to personally lead search parties into the ruined station. I remember the horror we all felt as we realized the sheer magnitude of the disaster. I remember the sharp spikes of hope and elation each time a new pocket of survivors, or even just a single one, was found. Most of all, I remember the unity. That single day of unified purpose.
But I don't remember you. Where were you on that day, Captain? |

Stitcher
Alexylva Paradox
2462
|
Posted - 2013.11.24 01:01:00 -
[23] - Quote
Natalcya Katla wrote:Aebe Amraen wrote:Remember Malkalen! I remember Malkalen. I remember the twisted metal, the smoke, the wounded as they were dragged out of the wreckage to be evacuated onboard the hastily assembled fleet piloted by capsuleers from every corner of New Eden. I remember Stitcher and others like him, equal parts stupid and brave as they left their capsules to personally lead search parties into the ruined station. I remember the horror we all felt as we realized the sheer magnitude of the disaster. I remember the sharp spikes of hope and elation each time a new pocket of survivors, or even just a single one, was found. Most of all, I remember the unity. That single day of unified purpose.
I remember a baby, a boy. Three, four weeks old. His parents had managed to stuff him in a safety case and power up the seals - literally the last thing they ever did. Their apartment had breached, vented - they died in each others' arms. They must have literally only just finished sealing the kid in when the Wandering Saint hit - frankly, given how little warning there was, they acted with commendable speed to even be able to save him.
That kid's five years old now. Being raised in a corporate creche in Korama. He's a normal, happy, healthy boy: He doesn't grieve for the parents he never knew. Has a Sela Sentinels lunchbox.
I did a lot that day. Technically broke the law by practicing surgery without a license, but I doubt any of my patients complained.
I'm as angry as anybody else over Malkalen. But my determination is that it should never happen again. And the way we're going to do that is by understanding that whatever happened, it probably WASN'T the Federation's fault - they didn't stand to gain anything from it. All that can be achieved by continuing to antagonise them is to perpetuate the same festering anger that killed that boy's parents in the first place.
I don't buy that Noir just "snapped" but I've gone over the arguments why I don't accept that explanation a great many times, and I offer no alternative explanation. I don't know if I will ever be privy to the secrets of that day - but wild speculation ahead of the facts can only serve to do harm by increasing the risk that it might, someday, happen again.
I would go a very, very long way to never again have to carry a wailing infant's lifebox away from his mother's body. An in-character blog and a video: http://verinsjournal.blogspot.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu1mbsgo738
|

Aebe Amraen
Dreddit Test Alliance Please Ignore
16
|
Posted - 2013.11.24 03:47:00 -
[24] - Quote
I apologize to Verin for my accusations. When I first called up his combat record my data connection must have failed; I only received listings going back 8 months, giving a very incomplete picture of his history.
Andreus Ixiris wrote: That was, until TEST got ran out of nullsec on a rail and decided that no, they actually did need the protection of the Caldari State
Need the protection of the Caldari state? Hardly. We identified a mutually beneficial opportunity where we help the State fight their war and in exchange they make us enormously wealthy. We made it clear when we signed up to fight that, as a group, we are in it only for the money. Most of us would as happily fight for any other group, empire or otherwise, which would pay us as well--it happens to be the case that the empires are currently the ones offering absurd levels of pay for very little effort, and the State was the one most willing to do business with us.
There are exceptions, of course--me being one. The decay of the individual freedoms which the Federation points to as signs of their superiority began under Foiritan and has only accelerated under Roden. The manner in which Roden and his military allies from government and industry forced out Foiritan was more of a military coup--albeit popularly accepted--than orderly democracy. The Federation has fallen far from its ideals, and I can no longer support it. In fact, I feel that the Federation in its current state poses a real threat to the stability of the cluster--Roden and his cronies will make war with anyone convenient as long as they can continue to transfer wealth from taxpayers to themselves. |

Andreus Ixiris
Duty. The Cursed Few
3786
|
Posted - 2013.11.24 03:52:00 -
[25] - Quote
What you meant to say is "this is the best job we could find after GoonWaffe stole all our space that didn't involve literal prostitution." Mane 614
|

Aebe Amraen
Dreddit Test Alliance Please Ignore
16
|
Posted - 2013.11.24 04:09:00 -
[26] - Quote
Way better job than killing rats in nullsec, actually. Less effort and 3x better pay. |

Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
1613
|
Posted - 2013.11.24 18:44:00 -
[27] - Quote
Aebe Amraen wrote:Those loyal to the Gallente Empire ...
Whoa ... Gallente Empire? Empire?

I go on vacation for a couple of months and seem what I miss? When did this happen? Nullsec in a Nutshell: http://nedroid.com/comics/2006-08-24-2155-arrrdino.gif |

Vikarion
State Trade Consortium
690
|
Posted - 2013.11.24 20:13:00 -
[28] - Quote
Katran Luftschreck wrote:Aebe Amraen wrote:Those loyal to the Gallente Empire ... Whoa ... Gallente Empire? Empire? I go on vacation for a couple of months and seem what I miss? When did this happen? Colloquial use. The four major nation-states are often known as "the empires", just as the criminal factions are often known as pirates, even though one is a dystopian failed state, one is a drug cartel, one is an organized crime syndicate, another is a strange religious cult, and yet another truly are just pirates. |

Dangirdas Bachir
Monstrosity Inc
510
|
Posted - 2013.11.25 07:28:00 -
[29] - Quote
Oh please, just because of one incident you're now going to judge all Gallente Federation? EVE EVE STARGALACTIC CITY B I T C H |

Nicole Graves
Pyre Falcon Defence Cadre XV-01A Pyre Falcon Defence Combine
30
|
Posted - 2013.11.25 11:14:00 -
[30] - Quote
Dangirdas Bachir wrote:Oh please, just because of one incident you're now going to judge all Gallente Federation?
What, you want the whole list? There are character limits to these posts you know! |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 :: one page |
| First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page |